McAgger
Fahim89
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Art Morte
Nishankly
13 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Liverpool vs Newcastle | 5th November | 1600 GMT | Premier League | Empty Liverpool vs Newcastle | 5th November | 1600 GMT | Premier League |

Post by Nishankly Sun Nov 04, 2012 9:25 am

Liverpool boss Brendan Rodgers will restore a host of players after defeat to Swansea, with Steven Gerrard making his 600th appearance for the Reds.

Goalkeeper Pepe Reina and defender Glen Johnson may miss out again due to hamstring injuries.

Newcastle's top scorer Demba Ba is expected to win his battle with a minor calf problem and be passed fit to play.

The Magpies are again without midfielder Cheick Tiote, who serves the second game of a three-match ban.

Will go up to 10th, 5 points from 4th if we win this.

Sorry, I dont have much time.
Got 6 exams in the next three days.
Will still be catching this match.

Hopefully we win.
YNWA

Last edited by Nishank on Sun Nov 04, 2012 1:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Liverpool vs Newcastle | 5th November | 1600 GMT | Premier League | Empty Re: Liverpool vs Newcastle | 5th November | 1600 GMT | Premier League |

Post by Art Morte Sun Nov 04, 2012 9:38 am

Shite if Johnson isn't available, he is so important in every third of the field No

Ben Arfa and Cabaye worry me the most, if we give them space they will set up chances or score themselves.

Who would you guys start in the front trio besides Suarez and Sterling? I'm not confident about Suso, perhaps Assaidi? Although I might start all four of these lads: Gerrard, Shelvey, Sahin and Allen.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Liverpool vs Newcastle | 5th November | 1600 GMT | Premier League | Empty Re: Liverpool vs Newcastle | 5th November | 1600 GMT | Premier League |

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sun Nov 04, 2012 12:59 pm

Art Morte wrote:Ben Arfa and Cabaye worry me the most, if we give them space they will set up chances or score themselves..

I wouldn't worry about that unless Pardew magically changes from his tactic of playing his most creative players so deep that they are operating as extra defenders.

Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Sun Nov 04, 2012 1:17 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:
Art Morte wrote:Ben Arfa and Cabaye worry me the most, if we give them space they will set up chances or score themselves..

I wouldn't worry about that unless Pardew magically changes from his tactic of playing his most creative players so deep that they are operating as extra defenders.

If we - as we should - gain control of midfield then your creative players just might get stuck back there. But we know the dribbles HBA is capable of and the late runs into the box that Cabaye does, no matter what tactic you are using they can still pull those off. Ba or Cisse seldom create anything all on their own, so it's your midfield that I worry about more.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by Fahim89 Sun Nov 04, 2012 3:05 pm

Liverpool: Jones, Wisdom, Enrique, Agger, Skrtel, Sahin, Gerrard, Allen, Suso, Sterling, Suarez.

Subs: Gulacsi, Henderson, Assaidi, Carragher, Shelvey, Downing, Coates.
Fahim89
Fahim89
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Fahim89 Sun Nov 04, 2012 3:06 pm

NUFC line-up

Krul; Anita, S.Taylor, Coloccini, Santon; Ben Arfa, Perch, Cabaye, Gutierrez; Ba, Cisse
Fahim89
Fahim89
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Sun Nov 04, 2012 3:10 pm

No Johnson, Enrique needs to be sharp here...

And Suso needs to have a better performance than against Everton, personally would have left him on the bench.

An hour to go, GET IN!
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Sun Nov 04, 2012 3:50 pm

10 mins before the game. I really don't know about this one. NUFC line up looks pretty strong.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Sun Nov 04, 2012 3:59 pm

I know. We'll win.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Sun Nov 04, 2012 4:51 pm

Such a bore fest of a half. They had one one shot on target and scored it :facepalm:
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by mr-r34 Sun Nov 04, 2012 5:02 pm

Going to be one of them games.
mr-r34
mr-r34
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Norwich

Back to top Go down

Post by mr-r34 Sun Nov 04, 2012 5:53 pm

Shelvey bottled 3 easy goals FML
mr-r34
mr-r34
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Norwich

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Sun Nov 04, 2012 5:56 pm

Suarez dat goal :bow: We are not worthy. The team is letting him down tbh. At times it seems like he's the only guy trying. Shelvey needs to start our next game. Bench Suso or Sahin ffs. Shelvey should've score at least one of those chances :facepalm: but otherwise provided with energy we were lacking.

I DONT WHY THE FRAK CLOWNING WAS BROUGHT. Mad
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by LFCAintQuiteHistory Sun Nov 04, 2012 5:57 pm

this is typical of our season so far... dominate have a ton of shots, opposition get 1 and score and we don't manage to get the win Sad

LFCAintQuiteHistory
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Sun Nov 04, 2012 6:11 pm

LFCAintQuiteHistory wrote:this is typical of our season so far... dominate have a ton of shots, opposition get 1 and score and we don't manage to get the win Sad

A ton of shots? We were restricted to very few actual goal-scoring opportunities. People making it sound like Shelvey was through on goal on three occasions. While he actually had one shot from an angle, a header and another header with his back to the goal. Half-chances.

What's most frustrating to me is that these games where we control the happenings are exactly the matches where we could use someone like Carroll partnering Suarez. Or just someone different. Right now our whole attacking trio - Suarez, Suso and Sterling - have got the exactly same strengths. Ones you know how to defend against one of them, you will know how to defend against all of them.

Here are two facts: It's 10 league games into the season and we're playing worse than under Dalglish and have less points from opening 10 league matches than under Hodgson.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Sun Nov 04, 2012 6:56 pm

Suarez is playing some dangerous hero ball. Putting his head down and running into schools of defenders, I don't like it at all.

People need to get into good positions around him and he needs to pass to them. Something is very wrong when everyone is immobile standing and watching Suarez run at 4 defenders countless times every game.
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Nov 04, 2012 7:35 pm

No midfield runners in first half.

and Sterling needs to improve his finishing. personally would have left Suso on, he was very good first half imo.

Enrique terrible.

also Art, did you miss the EASIEST chance that Jonjo missed ? just after the equalizer, Suarez skinned Colo and squared it to Jonjo, basically open net, n he hit it so slowly that Krul reached it

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Sun Nov 04, 2012 8:23 pm

Schweini wrote:No midfield runners in first half.

and Sterling needs to improve his finishing. personally would have left Suso on, he was very good first half imo.

Enrique terrible.

also Art, did you miss the EASIEST chance that Jonjo missed ? just after the equalizer, Suarez skinned Colo and squared it to Jonjo, basically open net, n he hit it so slowly that Krul reached it

Yeah, I did miss that one, saw Suarez steal the ball and my sopcast crashed then. But still, this really wasn't the first match where we are in control and sort of try to create chances only to be pushed back by a defence that knows exactly what to expect. Barcelona can make that work but we do not. Brendan Rodgers doesn't seem to know the difference.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Sun Nov 04, 2012 8:30 pm

Art, seems like you haven't gotten over your dislike for Rodgers. I understand your frustrations though, I mean this 11 points out 10 games is worst than Woy (the worst manager in the history of our club).

I'm just worried about Suarez. There WILL come a point where he will get tired of carrying us all by himself (It might not be in the near future, but if things don't change it will happen). We need better players and we need them SOON to help Luis in attack or we'll have Owen/Torres situation all over again.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Nov 04, 2012 9:09 pm

Art. what is your solution then ?

how would you change the line up and who you will play to get us more points ?

btw. that saviour Carroll hasn't scored a single goal either at West Ham Razz

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Sun Nov 04, 2012 9:44 pm

I'd play 4-4-1-1.
We're seeing a lot of the ball but not making enough happen with it and not quick enough.

Especially in a game like this, where we have no problem controlling the middle of the park, it would have been ideal to have Carroll and Suarez up front. The current front trio is just not giving defences enough to worry about, you're not going to beat defences very often by dribbling and short passing when they know that's all you're going to do.

Since Carroll is at West Ham, I'd try
GK
Sterling - Allen - Gerrard - Assaidi
Shelvey
Suarez

and encourage quicker decision making when getting the ball up. Our wide forwards aren't dangerous enough in the current 4-3-3. Even if they beat a defender there's another one waiting because we're not playing it that fast and crossing is a usually a bad option with the players who are there now.

Carroll isn't coming back as long as BR is the manager, but if our next striker is going to be of the same mold as Borini - who isn't that different from our current wing-forwards - I am seriously going to despair. We simply need something more explosive up there than these striker-cum-winger-cum-playmaker type of solutions. While waiting for that I'd play 4-4-1-1, if not for anything else than making our players realize that we can do different things than just what we are doing now and which isn't delivering the results we need.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Mon Nov 05, 2012 7:15 am

Typical........................

Not too sure how we drew that, feels like a loss personally.

We need a forward in January. It's been said 100 times and we'll probably be saying it 100 times from now until the start of the window.

Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Mon Nov 05, 2012 7:20 am

Art, we're never going to play a 4411. There's nothing wrong with the current system. We're dominating games, we just need to take our chances infront of goal.

If it wasn't poor concentration involving their goal, which did go against the run of play, we would of been gloating about how good the performance was. We absolutely destroyed them.
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Mon Nov 05, 2012 7:36 am

We didn't absolutely destroy them. Maybe second half we dominated, but the first half was the biggest borefest of a game under BR thus far.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Mon Nov 05, 2012 8:48 am

ynwa wrote:Art, we're never going to play a 4411. There's nothing wrong with the current system. We're dominating games, we just need to take our chances infront of goal.

I know we're not going to play 4-4-1-1, it's just my opinion that.

And the problem is that we are most of the time restricted to half-chances instead of clear-cut ones. Our attacks in the current 4-3-3 are too easy to defend against. Of course there's hope that that will change, but with each passing game where we don't take as many points as we probably should that hope is fading.

Let me ask it this way: By New Year, where's the league position + pts total limit at which you'd sack Rodgers?

We are now 12th and I wouldn't sack him yet; if we are 12th come January, I would sack him.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next