McAgger
fb123
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Ganso
10 posters

Go down

Uruguay National Team Empty Uruguay National Team

Post by Guest Tue Oct 16, 2012 11:07 pm

What the hell in this world has happened to them hmm ?

Back to top Go down

Uruguay National Team Empty Re: Uruguay National Team

Post by Ganso Tue Oct 16, 2012 11:10 pm

forlan got old
Ganso
Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Tue Oct 16, 2012 11:14 pm

This is going to be rejected out of hand because it was the chat but i truly believe it.

Forlan in his prime was the AM the one who linked the team together and allowed Uruguay to play the passing game that made them successful.

He linked this whole team together, now he's passed it they have no one who can link the midfield and the attack.

Suarez can't do what he did, Cavani can't, Hernandez can't etc etc.

What he did for this team is being missed and thus they are now playing more direct and trying to go from defence to attack quickly and by passing the midfielder.

You could argue it's poor form but it's been going on for too long now they need what Forlan provided for the team mechanic to work.

That's without ignoring how many goals they scored off Forlan set pieces.

Hopefully for their sake someone can step up.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Oct 16, 2012 11:17 pm

I mean they are not just losing games, they are getting hammered Mole. Their last 4 games :

4-0 loss at Colombia
3-0 loss at Argentina
1-1 draw vs Ecuador
4-1 Loss vs Bolivia.

That's terrible.

They are getting raped in every single away game, and their defense was GOAT in world cup.

Lugano past it, Godin over-rated ?

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Tue Oct 16, 2012 11:21 pm

Yeah i'm talking about the midfield and creating chances......

Lugano is indeed past it and Godin is well a solid defender but slow so can be got at.

They also played more possession a back then so they could take the ease of the defence by keeping the ball and when they had the ball they would usually create chances.

So i think the whole team dynamic has changed so the whole team is effected.

Perhaps it's not the only reason why they are performing bad but i think it's a big reason why.

I watched them against Argentina and they did not even look like scoring, you could never say that about Uruguay at the Copa or WC they was always dangerous.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by fb123 Tue Oct 16, 2012 11:27 pm

Bolivia :bow:

fb123
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Tue Oct 16, 2012 11:34 pm

I think it's just in the nature of Uruguay players to turn up in the major competitions and slack off during qualifiers. They really need to step it up if they want to make it to the WC. And as Mole stated, Forlan played a huge part in their system, and now with him going dog shite, they were always going to struggle.

Also Tabarez has no clue about how to play any other system.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by Ganso Tue Oct 16, 2012 11:50 pm

WTF I just saw the Bolivia result,thats ridiculous my God Shocked
Ganso
Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Tue Oct 16, 2012 11:52 pm

Although tbf Bolivia in the altitude aint no joke Laughing
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Charrua Tue Oct 16, 2012 11:59 pm

I was never expecting to win this game, Bolivia in La Paz is the hardest game of the whole quialifiers, Losing to Argentina in Mendoza is alsoo expected. Loding to colombia in Baraquilla with extreme heat is also underrstandabl.The only points that were unaceptable to lose were the two we lost by tying to ecuador in uruguay.

Thats not our biggest problem tho... Our biggest problem is our call ups and our insistance on our 4411 when its such a vastlye outdated system and we dont even hve the players to play it.

This is how we played today

________________Muslera
Maxi_____Scotti________Victorino____Alvaro
Gonzalez_________Gargano__Rios_____Rodriguez
____________________Forlan
____________________Suarez

First of all we never played a short passing ever.. Forlan was never a creative playmaker for us. He was make shift player that was put there during the world cup and it worked because he had a shot on him and scored goals, but being a midfield organizier he was not. A tidy passer and intelligent yes but was the focal point of a supposed short passing game. We played a quick counter attacking high pressing game. We depended on the endless stamina and pressing of Diego Perez and Rios Maxi Pereira, Alavaro Pereia, Caceres, Gonzalez, Suarez, Cavani and forlan Rodirguez. Our players were physical monsters.. Along with our incredible sloid backline.
Perez cant hold a pressing game like that anymore, forlan walks the field, and rios looks to be ona decline perhaps. Maxi is not at his best.

Now lets look at our backline from today

Maxi is Maxi, I love him but he is not in a good moment at all.. We didnt have Caceres or Fucile today so he had to play anyway. Next our center back duo.. Scotti is 38 years old.... he plays for nacional in uruguay hes slow, not agile, and very very past it. Victorino was always an averag defeneder imo but I dontmidn him on the squad ,hes a solid back up. Coates really should have been on the field today. I dont have a problem with Alvaro at all, I mean I liek our other full full backs better but hes good too. Then our midfield. Gonzalez is a hardworking right midifelder who leaves everything on the field btu thats it.. I dont mind him starting but dont expect creativity outta him. If anyone was gonna be subsituted today it shouldved been Rios not Gargano. Gargano is a superior player in every aspect of the game. Passing dribbling compousre shooting speed everything so much better. Cristian Rodrgiuez is just a monster I love him, he should start every single game for us. Forlan needs to GTFO HE STAND AROUND THE FIELD AND DOES NOTHIng, literally all he does it miss goals and walk around the field breathing everyones air.. Suarez hasnt had good games at all, but he pressures all day and he tries and hes so hhuingry for the ball its worth something.. Afterward Lodeiro should eb getting a lot more game time for us so much moree. Considering everyone is fit this is how I would play the next qualifier games

______________Muslera
Caceres____Godin__Britos___Alvaro
_____________Rios__Gargano
Suarez________Lodeiro_______Cebolla
_____________Cavani

Bench:
Fucile,Gonzalez,Lugano,Victorino, Ramirez, Mora, Sanchez, Santiago Silva

Maxi is suspended but if he wasnt hed be on the bench.
Maybe giv enico lopez a call up
Charrua
Charrua
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Rebaño Sagrado Wed Oct 17, 2012 12:11 am

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:Although tbf Bolivia in the altitude aint no joke Laughing

Yes they are lol

Bolivia is shit home or away lol no way in hell is that the hardest game of the qualifier
Rebaño Sagrado
Rebaño Sagrado
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : TSV 1860 Munich

Back to top Go down

Post by Ganso Wed Oct 17, 2012 12:13 am

Charrua wrote:I was never expecting to win this game, Bolivia in La Paz is the hardest game of the whole quialifiers,
Laughing nice try
Ganso
Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Charrua Wed Oct 17, 2012 12:23 am

Uhh Ive been saying they are the hardest game if the whole qualifers for a long time. Long before we even lost this game or th eone against argentina. Hell months ago I said I think theres a greater chance to get a point outta argentina in mendoza rather then Bolivia in La Paz. I can pull FB messages and text messages and all Uruguayasn and Argentines prett ymuch agree on that.
Hardest games in a qualifier norallyfor Uruguay

Ecuador and Boliva in their home
Argentina in Argentina
and Brazil in montevdieo

and We usually always tie Paraguay in Asuncion
Charrua
Charrua
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by donttreadonred Wed Oct 17, 2012 2:26 am

Britos over Coates in Defense? Even after the performances he put in at the Copa America?

Also, you would definitely go with Lodeiro over Ramirez in that attacking midfield role? Ramirez was critical at times for Bologna last season, and looked quite capable of linking the midfield and attack. He's had some trouble getting comfortable in the Prem. League, but I think that's due more to jump in physicality from Seriee A.
donttreadonred
donttreadonred
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Charrua Wed Oct 17, 2012 3:30 am

I love Coates I really do, I think one day he will b e our best center back however at this critical stage I think britos who is 27 and has had years of serie a expeireicne and he has been unlucky with injuries but whne he is fit he is first choice at Napoli will do us a world of better to solidfiy our defense. He is Luganos clone without the Screaming and Captain attitude but with much better compusure on the ball and passing range.

Now to Ramirez and Lodiero. Lodeiro if he can ever, find his feet is by far the most talented CAM we have. His vision, quick one touch passing, understandign of the field, quick feet, and shooting are things Ramirez simple does not posses. Ramirez is probably the better dribbler im almost sure and hes a lot fancier, but Lodeiro can dominate midfield on his own and control the tempo of our game.
Charrua
Charrua
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Wed Oct 17, 2012 5:08 am

In 1986 before the WC Argentina went to train at the northern province of Salta at a town where they had the same altitude as the stadiums they would play in Mexico (the Azteca stadium is 2100 meters above water level, La Paz has about 2500). There they trained against a local semi-professional side. For the first matchday the players wanted to start training as soon as possible, the coach advised them otherwise but the players were eager and didn't listen. So they assembled a match between the NT starting team (except Maradona, who had not arrived yet) against the local semi-pro side. The national team was winning 4-0 by halftime with ease, but ended up losing 4-6.

Moral of the story: Altitude ain't not joke.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Wed Oct 17, 2012 7:04 am

Coates has looked much more solid this year than he did last year. He's almost completely eliminated the lapses in concentration and the little mistakes from his game. I would go as far to say he's been more solid than Skrtel for us this season. The lack of games he's getting is really hurting his chances with the NT, because I think him and Godin are the best CB's Uruguay have atm.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by iftikhar Fri Sep 02, 2016 4:08 pm

Is there a half-decent player in the Uruguay NT aside Suarez???
iftikhar
iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Sat Sep 03, 2016 4:46 am

iftikhar wrote:Is there a half-decent player in the Uruguay NT aside Suarez???

Godin.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum: