The Messiah
Onyx
Sushi Master
Ganso
DuringTheWar
28 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Best technique in world football? - Page 2 Empty Re: Best technique in world football?

Post by DuringTheWar Tue Oct 02, 2012 2:28 pm

RealGunner wrote:Iniesta takes this but he has pretty stiff competition tbf

It looks liike the majority here agree with that. Id still say xavi is slightly better, but there isnt a lot in it, it is unfair they play in the same midfield bounce

Totti and cassano are excellent as well tbf

DuringTheWar
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Best technique in world football? - Page 2 Empty Re: Best technique in world football?

Post by billy_gr Wed Oct 03, 2012 9:00 am

still Ronaldinho.
billy_gr
billy_gr
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Wed Oct 03, 2012 9:11 am

Iniesta for sure.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Wed Oct 03, 2012 9:56 am

Diego Armando Maradona wrote:
RealGunner wrote:Iniesta takes this but he has pretty stiff competition tbf

It looks liike the majority here agree with that. Id still say xavi is slightly better, but there isnt a lot in it, it is unfair they play in the same midfield bounce

Totti and cassano are excellent as well tbf

Lol i generally rate Iniesta more than xavi so sorry for being biased there Razz

Cassano is near to perfect in that department as well. And a certain striker from man united comes close too...
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Fri Oct 05, 2012 12:53 am

Iniesta.
Ibra.
Alonso.
Berba.
Messi.

List can go on and on. Not sure who's the best, but pick any from above.

Who am I kidding? It's definitely Suso. Razz
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Fri Oct 05, 2012 12:56 am

I'll say it again, Stevan Jovetic :coffee: No one matches that elegance on the ball these days.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by Alex10 Fri Oct 05, 2012 1:16 am

It's not about elegance. It's how good and refined your touch is IMO. And I don't see anyone better then Cassano in that department.

Alex10
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Fri Oct 05, 2012 1:55 am

You need to watch more Iniesta then, he has in my eyes the best first touch in the world.

Anyways technique is not just first touch. I think the Barca trio are the top 3, but I'm somewhat biased.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Fri Oct 05, 2012 2:27 am

Technique isn't just first touch. Best technique is the one that's the most pleasing to the eye thus elegance. There are a number of players that have refined techniques (RVP, Benz, Ibra, Iniesta, Messi, Jovetic, Cassano etc) but the most elegant of them all is Jovetic for me. I've watched every game he's played this season and a little at the end of last season, and his technique for me is pure sex, joy, ecstasy all in one.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Awesome Fri Oct 05, 2012 4:54 am

Messiah "Aggerswagger" wrote:I'll say it again, Stevan Jovetic :coffee: No one matches that elegance on the ball these days.

Yes, yes, yes, and yes! Razz

But really I think it's between Messi, Ibra, Ronaldo, Iniesta, and Xavi.

Lord Awesome
Lord Awesome
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by Alex10 Fri Oct 05, 2012 5:03 am

Cassano can stop the most difficult of balls with incredible ease and look like he has glue on his feet. And if technique is who is more elegant on the ball then Zidane should be better then Maradona(he's not).

Alex10
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Fri Oct 05, 2012 9:53 am

Alex10 wrote:Cassano can stop the most difficult of balls with incredible ease and look like he has glue on his feet. And if technique is who is more elegant on the ball then Zidane should be better then Maradona(he's not).

Do you know how stupid that sounds. Having an eye pleasing/elegant technique doesn't make a player better than anyone. We're talking about technique here, not who's the better player.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by kiranr Fri Oct 05, 2012 10:00 am

There is no one player with the best technique in my opinion. Most players mentioned here have the best technique.

But for me, Xavi is absolutely magnificent technique wise. I don't think there is anyone better than him. There may be players who are as good as him, but he is right up there.
kiranr
kiranr
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Alex10 Fri Oct 05, 2012 10:42 am

Messiah "Aggerswagger" wrote:
Alex10 wrote:Cassano can stop the most difficult of balls with incredible ease and look like he has glue on his feet. And if technique is who is more elegant on the ball then Zidane should be better then Maradona(he's not).

Do you know how stupid that sounds. Having an eye pleasing/elegant technique doesn't make a player better than anyone. We're talking about technique here, not who's the better player.
What I said was about your previous post. You said that best technique is the one most pleasant to watch, which is wrong. That's why I did the comparison between Diego and Zidane(Zidane is more elegant, but Diego has a better technique).

Alex10
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Alex10 Fri Oct 05, 2012 10:44 am

Alex10 wrote:
Messiah "Aggerswagger" wrote:

What I said was about your previous post. You said that best technique is the one most pleasant to watch, which is not necessarily the case. That's why I did the comparison between Diego and Zidane(Zidane is more elegant, but Diego has a better technique).

Alex10
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by vivabarca38 Fri Oct 05, 2012 10:53 am

No one mentioned Muller *cough*
vivabarca38
vivabarca38
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Borussia Mönchengladbach

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Fri Oct 05, 2012 1:24 pm

Neymar

u mad gl?
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Gil Fri Oct 05, 2012 2:10 pm

Wouldn't everyone agree there's more to technical ability than just first touches and ball control? If that's the case then there's no way Iniesta has the best technique in football.
Gil
Gil
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Alex10 Fri Oct 05, 2012 2:23 pm

For me it's how well you handle the ball in every situation(simple situations and difficult situations) using your touch(basically without taking factors like speed, acceleration ,agility into consideration).

Alex10
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by _LMG_10_ Fri Oct 05, 2012 7:04 pm

tech•nique

1. the manner and ability with which an artist, writer, dancer, athlete, or the like employs the technical skills of a particular art or field of endeavor.

1. Ronaldinho
2. Iniesta/Xavi are about equal
3. Messi

The gap between ronaldinho and iniesta/xavi is bigger than the gap between iniesta/xavi and messi

Matter of fact, you could arguably put Messi on the same level of Iniesta/Xavi because his shooting technique is better. However, any abilities that primarily require physical traits such as speed, acceleration, and agility do not necessarily count towards technique. For example, Messi has the ability to dribble through 5 players, which of course requires technique, but you can't do it without the physical traits, which Xavi/Iniesta lack. So even though messi can dribble 5 players, it doesn’t mean his technique is better than Xaviesta’s, because that ability is derived from a combination of physical traits and technique, not technique alone.

Ronaldinho is still the King of football technique. But if you want to go back further in time then there are many players which deserve a shout, like Maradona, Pele, Zidane, Cruyff.

_LMG_10_
Starlet
Starlet

http://www.eurofootballweb.com

Back to top Go down

Post by DuringTheWar Fri Oct 05, 2012 8:08 pm

I like how you seperated athletisism from technical skill, i agree with that. Ronaldinho was great, he was near okochas level, one of the best since 2000
DuringTheWar
DuringTheWar
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum