McAgger
VanDeezNuts
RedOranje
justdoit_
Onyx
25 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Who Will Dominate the Midfield and Dictate the Play tomorrow Empty Who Will Dominate the Midfield and Dictate the Play tomorrow

Post by Guest Sun Aug 26, 2012 2:02 am

Allen-Lucas
Gerrard

vs.

Nasri
Yaya-Rodwell

If Lucas was fully fit, I would have no worries that he'd boss Yaya...but it's his 3rd game in 8 months.....so I am kind of worried. Feel we'll be dominated if Gerrard is as bad as he was last week (But then I don't think he can possibly play as bad).

Rodgers' home debut in the league, Sahin will be presented, we are bottom of the league...must win game really. Can see us getting raped with Carra at the back though Sad

#saveusAllen
#saveusOussama

Back to top Go down

Who Will Dominate the Midfield and Dictate the Play tomorrow Empty Re: Who Will Dominate the Midfield and Dictate the Play tomorrow

Post by Onyx Sun Aug 26, 2012 2:08 am

Any chance of Sahin playing?

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Who Will Dominate the Midfield and Dictate the Play tomorrow Empty Re: Who Will Dominate the Midfield and Dictate the Play tomorrow

Post by Guest Sun Aug 26, 2012 2:09 am

^ He can't play.

He had to be registered before 12PM on friday to be eligible.

I am not sure if he can play in 2nd leg of EL, but his league debut will be against Arsenal next sunday.

Back to top Go down

Post by justdoit_ Sun Aug 26, 2012 2:10 am

Yaya is a massive class above everyone else listed on your potential lineup sheet so I guess that's who I'll go with.
justdoit_
justdoit_
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Tottenham HotSpurs

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Sun Aug 26, 2012 2:13 am

justdoit_ wrote:Yaya is a massive class above everyone else listed on your potential lineup sheet so I guess that's who I'll go with.

Didn't look a class above Lucas last time they met.
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by justdoit_ Sun Aug 26, 2012 2:15 am

Well, he is, so....
justdoit_
justdoit_
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Tottenham HotSpurs

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Aug 26, 2012 2:21 am

justdoit_ wrote:Yaya is a massive class above everyone else listed on your potential lineup sheet so I guess that's who I'll go with.

The last 2 times Yaya has played against Lucas, he's been raped and dominated and made to look like a pub player.

Shamefully, Lucas was fit and in form those 2 occasions.....now he is just back from a long injury, so I won't be surprised if he gets dominated by Yaya tomorrow.

Back to top Go down

Post by VanDeezNuts Sun Aug 26, 2012 2:22 am

cant wait to see sahin play again.. too bad he will have to sit this one out

and i gotta give it to city unless the rodwell blunders overshadow yaya.

edit again: and nasri was excellent in that most recent match so i expect him to continue that form.

Last edited by vanDEEZ on Sun Aug 26, 2012 2:26 am; edited 1 time in total

VanDeezNuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Sun Aug 26, 2012 2:26 am

I'm not worried.....Allen will rape Yaya tomorrow. Any additional help from Stevie and Lucas will be a bonus.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by The Sanchez Sun Aug 26, 2012 2:29 am

Schweini wrote:Allen-Lucas
Gerrard

vs.

Nasri
Yaya-Rodwell

If Lucas was fully fit, I would have no worries that he'd boss Yaya...but it's his 3rd game in 8 months.....so I am kind of worried. Feel we'll be dominated if Gerrard is as bad as he was last week (But then I don't think he can possibly play as bad).

Rodgers' home debut in the league, Sahin will be presented, we are bottom of the league...must win game really. Can see us getting raped with Carra at the back though Sad

#saveusAllen
#saveusOussama

Allen and Lucas :bow:
The Sanchez
The Sanchez
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by BeautifulGame Sun Aug 26, 2012 2:38 am

Come on.Be realistic.

We finished 8th and they are PL winners.And we didnt even dominate West brom last week.
BeautifulGame
BeautifulGame
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Aug 26, 2012 2:52 am

to be fair, ^ I expect 0 points.

I don't expect to lose the game because of midfield battle though...more like because of our offensive wastefulness, and their offensive clinicality.

also, good point about Nasri. He's been much better than Silva lately. won't surprise me if Silva is benched tomorrow

Back to top Go down

Post by Swanhends Sun Aug 26, 2012 2:54 am

The team that doesnt have Gerrard
Swanhends
Swanhends
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Sun Aug 26, 2012 2:56 am

It's at Anfield BG...
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Aug 26, 2012 3:14 am

BhritanniaBhlue wrote:The team that doesnt have Gerrard

They have the new Gerrard though....Rodwell hmm

GerrardS to balance themselves out hopefully

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Sun Aug 26, 2012 3:18 am

Bhends still has sour memories of that Gerrard strike against Inter in CL in 2008.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Sun Aug 26, 2012 3:22 am

I don't think this match will be won in midfield.

Each teams attack is more important.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Swanhends Sun Aug 26, 2012 3:24 am

Schweini wrote:
BhritanniaBhlue wrote:The team that doesnt have Gerrard

They have the new Gerrard though....Rodwell hmm

GerrardS to balance themselves out hopefully

New Gerrard is a good thing, Current Gerrard.....eh not so much

Messiah "Aggerswagger" wrote:Bhends still has sour memories of that Gerrard strike against Inter in CL in 2008.

A Liverpool fan bringing up something from the past, color me surprised :coffee:
Swanhends
Swanhends
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Sun Aug 26, 2012 3:28 am

Kick wrote:I don't think this match will be won in midfield.

Or, in Liverpool's case, lack thereof.

For the record, I don't know which midfield will fare better tomorrow. An early card, injury, or error either way could totally change the complexity of the match. People can talk and talk about hypotheticals all the want at the moment without saying a damn thing of real substance. The only things in this thread worth noting are people talking in absolutes about players they either have a clear bias or lack of knowledge about (on both sides). I miss being able to hold legitimate discussions on topics without blanket statements and half-assed trolling posts.
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Sun Aug 26, 2012 5:31 am

RedOranje wrote:
Kick wrote:I don't think this match will be won in midfield.

Or, in Liverpool's case, lack thereof.

For the record, I don't know which midfield will fare better tomorrow. An early card, injury, or error either way could totally change the complexity of the match. People can talk and talk about hypotheticals all the want at the moment without saying a damn thing of real substance. The only things in this thread worth noting are people talking in absolutes about players they either have a clear bias or lack of knowledge about (on both sides). I miss being able to hold legitimate discussions on topics without blanket statements and half-assed trolling posts.

Hence why I said it. If liverpool's attack fire then it will be a good game.

Overall, Both team's GK, Defence and midfield are relatively even so therefore liverpools attack need to perform should liverpool want to win.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Highburied Sun Aug 26, 2012 8:18 am

Who will dominate the midfield with Sahin on mind?? Smile

Highburied
Highburied
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sun Aug 26, 2012 9:19 am

Man City have won NONE of their last 10 competitive visits to Anfield, losing 6 of them.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by BeautifulGame Sun Aug 26, 2012 9:38 am

Lets hope that record doesnt change.But imagining Carra trying to stop Tevez and Silva doesnt exactly give u too much confidence
BeautifulGame
BeautifulGame
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Sun Aug 26, 2012 9:47 am

To be honest the subject matter is far to difficult quantify as there are all to many minor factors involved to make a calculative outcome. Player form & preparation, tactics from both managers, player mentality disrupted from the slightest miscalculations in play. Obviously City have the higher chance to dominate considering Mancini is a proven tactician along with having a better team. Lets not forget Rodger's system is far from being complete in chemistry context of the players and the minor nuances themselves.

So in retrospect I expect City to dominate yet in the end it would almost be foolish to predict a concrete outcome.
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by EL Patron Sun Aug 26, 2012 9:50 am

Charlie Adam :coffee:
EL Patron
EL Patron
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next