Kick
azzurres
Vyey
12 posters

Go down

Alexander Buttner Empty Alexander Buttner

Post by Vyey Tue Aug 21, 2012 9:41 pm

We've signed him officially.

Honestly I don't know anything about this guy. How good is he?

Vyey
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Alexander Buttner Empty Re: Alexander Buttner

Post by azzurres Wed Aug 22, 2012 9:58 am

I honestly think he will be bad and sold after 2 years with us.

Hope I'm wrong though.
azzurres
azzurres
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Wed Aug 22, 2012 10:00 am

All I can tell you is he is better than Patrick Van Aanholt.

No idea how he will do.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Zero Wed Aug 22, 2012 2:44 pm

Any video clips of this guy? I don't really know anything about him. Surprised
Zero
Zero
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by vizkosity Fri Aug 24, 2012 5:12 am

seems like a desperate last moment purchase
vizkosity
vizkosity
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by II Capitano Fri Aug 24, 2012 5:36 am

From 2007-2010, especially 07/08, Evra was renowned for his energetic displays down the left channel. He was not like any other full back in the league, he was technically decent, better than most left backs, and his dribbling skills were unparalleled. Since the 2010 World Cup, though, he has diminished into a weak left back, but the blame cannot be all relentlessly aimed at him. Yes, he has been to blame for leaving some gaps that experienced players should not be leaving and for looking lethargic most of the time, but the excessive work load he has been handed has left him tired and in need of serious rest. He is the only player who faces no genuine competition at United, so he is allowed to perform poorly.

With the signing of Büttner complete, this should enable Evra to ameliorate his defensive and attacking traits. Even when going forward, the crosses he whips in have not enough conviction and belief about them, and are usually swept out clear with ease by opposition defenders. Büttner, from another perspective, could be future number one left back, with Fábio fighting alongside him and Evra being in the shadows. It’s not a possibility that should be immediately ruled out. He is a good player and is at the right club for him to refine specific aspects, like his timing of when stay back. It is a positive for the player and for United fans because he can amend his weak points and improve and Fergie can now rest Evra. At £4 million, he could proven to be bargain of the season. All is too early now, but a positive signing to look forward to.
II Capitano
II Capitano
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Fri Aug 24, 2012 8:03 am

Valencia preferred at right back to Rafael and Fabio loaned out while a £4m left-back is purchased = Fergie finally admitting those Da Silva twins didn't come good after all?
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by II Capitano Fri Aug 24, 2012 8:45 am

Art Morte wrote:Valencia preferred at right back to Rafael and Fabio loaned out while a £4m left-back is purchased = Fergie finally admitting those Da Silva twins didn't come good after all?

I'm not really sure whether you're being serious, or trolling, trying to get a reaction. The reason that Valencia played at right back is because Rafael was physically tired to start the game, having played in all Brazil's games in the Olympics - he was awarded a rest, and rightly so. He should, hopefully, start against Fulham, but it wouldn't surprise me if he was given a rest. Overall, he is a full back with great potential, and the fact that he changed his shirt number to 2 shows you just how highly Fergie rates him. In 10/11, he cemented his position as first team right back, but the injuries hindered his chance to maintain that. Last season, after coming back from injury, he was put straight into the squad, and was mightily impressive.

Regarding Fabio, he was loaned out to QPR because he needs game time. He's another who just can't seem to stay fit, it's as though he's made of glass. If he can play at least 20 games this season, whilst performing at a decent level, he's got every chance to become a first team starter. Both are still 22, and you won't actually find many of these full backs in the world with great potential.
II Capitano
II Capitano
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Vlad the Impaler Sun Aug 26, 2012 1:28 pm

Sir Alex looks pretty impressed by Buttner's first performances in the training.I heard this at MOTD TV Show if i am not wrong.

I hope he will do a great job and he will become a superstar in the first XI of Man UTD in next years.
Vlad the Impaler
Vlad the Impaler
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by RED Mon Sep 17, 2012 11:18 pm

Great debut. One of those 'get in your face' type players with bags of energy. Was great against Wigan, but there is still a lot of improvements that need to be made in his game- like knowing when to pass/clear the ball, to not be so erratic in his challenges. The plus side is that he looked fearless, not afraid to take on his opponents and didn't let the occasion get to him.

He has all the makings to make it big at United.
RED
RED
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by B-Mac Tue Sep 18, 2012 12:03 am

Cult hero in the making
B-Mac
B-Mac
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by vizkosity Tue Sep 18, 2012 1:59 am

hopefully that wasn't just a false alarm Smile
vizkosity
vizkosity
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by archwooohh Wed Sep 19, 2012 11:44 am

Even if he just stood at the back for 90 minutes.... he'll still probably turn out better than Evra is now Laughing

Think he'll turn out to be at the very least a reliable squad player, much in the same vein that, say Park has been when he was here. Although I don't see him having that much of an impact on the international scene (which means less playing time outside of United) - he's competing with Willems, Martins Indi, and Pieters for that Dutch starting LB spot.
archwooohh
archwooohh
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by vizkosity Wed Sep 19, 2012 10:51 pm

Evra is garbage right now. Even tonight, there are occasions when nani didnt cover up enough, and evra is out of position multiple times....
vizkosity
vizkosity
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by II Capitano Wed Sep 19, 2012 11:02 pm

lol Evra was solid today...
II Capitano
II Capitano
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Vlad the Impaler Wed Jan 30, 2013 3:38 pm

Evra backing for Büttner

Patrice Evra has revealed he is fully supportive of his left-back rival Alexander Büttner.

Alexander Buttner 227E683C38624757BECF7BEB62820E36

The Frenchman, who captained the side to FA Cup victory over Fulham at the weekend, was rested for the two matches in the previous round against West Ham, with Büttner deputising.

Evra is pleased to see the summer signing continue to adapt to his new surroundings and provides further evidence of the team spirit that runs through the camp.

When asked by United Review if he is happy to help Büttner learn his trade, Evra replied: "Of course, of course. I told him when I first arrived here, in my first six months the Old Trafford pitch looked like an airport!

"It was so big and you had to run so much it felt like my legs burned after games. But that’s normal at first. You need at least six months to adapt to playing here.

"I always try to help Alex because I am a United player, not just Patrice Evra. I want the benefit for the team. If it’s me that is playing well or Alex Büttner, I will be happy.

"I don’t just say that to look good. It’s the truth. I’m not a selfish player and I would hope any of my team-mates would tell you the same thing. I think Alex sees that I’m not a bad guy and I want to help him."

Source: ManUTD.com
Vlad the Impaler
Vlad the Impaler
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Dutti Sat Feb 02, 2013 9:47 am

I wonder, sometimes, whether Buttner's debut goal inspired Evra to score a few goals this season.
Dutti
Dutti
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Vlad the Impaler Sat Feb 02, 2013 10:34 am

Not necessarily, because I am sure that Evra have always wanted to score goals.He simply played his game and luckily for him, this season was more inspired and clinical in front of goal.

cheers
Vlad the Impaler
Vlad the Impaler
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down