Are the International friendlies necessary?

+11
Catracho
Art Morte
Dutti
Doc
Great Leader Sprucenuce
the xcx
white_star
S32TABLANCA
Kaladin
stevieg8
Onyx
15 posters

Go down

Are the International friendlies necessary? Empty Are the International friendlies necessary?

Post by Onyx Tue Aug 14, 2012 4:28 pm

I mean the season's about to start his weekend. The players need to rest.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Are the International friendlies necessary? Empty Re: Are the International friendlies necessary?

Post by stevieg8 Tue Aug 14, 2012 5:15 pm

No, they're not. Leave it to Fifa to schedule games nobody's going to care about at a time nobody wants them to happen.
stevieg8
stevieg8
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Are the International friendlies necessary? Empty Re: Are the International friendlies necessary?

Post by Guest Tue Aug 14, 2012 5:18 pm

stevieg8 wrote:No, they're not. Leave it to Fifa to schedule games nobody's going to care about at a time nobody wants them to happen.

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Tue Aug 14, 2012 5:28 pm

Crimson wrote:
stevieg8 wrote:No, they're not. Leave it to Fifa to schedule games nobody's going to care about at a time nobody wants them to happen.
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

Post by S32TABLANCA Tue Aug 14, 2012 5:40 pm

Not saying that I agree with them or that they're necessary, but your point about players needing rest doesnt really apply here, its the beginning of a new season not the end of the old one. At this time we are normally talking about how additional match practise is beneficial for players.

Yes, the friendlies are still useless.
S32TABLANCA
S32TABLANCA
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by white_star Tue Aug 14, 2012 7:41 pm

Players have to play what is wrong with that they need the fitness. If you need rest before the season starts then that player should not be a professional.
white_star
white_star
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Shakhtar Donetsk

Back to top Go down

Post by the xcx Tue Aug 14, 2012 7:43 pm

They are great ways to test out new systems and players and allows to experiment.
the xcx
the xcx
Banned (Decade)

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Tue Aug 14, 2012 7:44 pm

No they should be banned, stick to qualifying and tournaments.

The only type of friendlies i will accept are warm up ones before tournaments.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Tue Aug 14, 2012 8:12 pm

Qualifiers make the world of sense. International friendlies, not so much. Particularly if said friendly is jammed in the middle of a season. That benefits no one.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Dutti Tue Aug 14, 2012 8:23 pm

Doesn't a coach need to test his team, see how well they gel, and make changes accordingly?

How could he do all that without playing real games?

The real issue here is timing of friendlies.
Dutti
Dutti
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Tue Aug 14, 2012 8:28 pm

Friendlies, especially at this time, are stupid. Replace them with a two-day national team training camp.

But international football in general is just as good as club football.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Catracho Tue Aug 14, 2012 8:28 pm

Yes they are necessary, I'm pretty sure its very important to fine tune your International Team prior to your win or go home World Cup Qualifiers in a friendly.

The autism on this forum sometimes Laughing
Catracho
Catracho
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Dortmund

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Tue Aug 14, 2012 8:31 pm

International friendlies in this time of year is stupid, no need for it tbh, it is okay to have them when you have qualified for a tournament and need to gel, but at this point in time it's awful
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Tue Aug 14, 2012 8:37 pm

Haven't they had pre season to warm up?

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Tue Aug 14, 2012 8:41 pm

Catracho wrote:Yes they are necessary, I'm pretty sure its very important to fine tune your International Team prior to your win or go home World Cup Qualifiers in a friendly.

Yeah i'm sure an isolated friendly 3 days before the first league game of the season is really necessary Laughing

Plus you can do all those things without friendlies they are not necessary at all.

Qualifiers are over many games so it's not likes its a lose and go home environment plus most teams play their best teams in these "friendlies" anyway.

It's a complete and utter waste of time, unless your talking about warm up friendlies before a tournament.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by _LMG_10_ Tue Aug 14, 2012 8:42 pm

I agree that they're pretty useless as it diverts the focus of the players a little bit. However, let's be happy that tomorrow is Argentina vs Germany!

_LMG_10_
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Barcelona

http://www.eurofootballweb.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Tue Aug 14, 2012 8:43 pm

_LMG_10_ wrote:I agree that they're pretty useless as it diverts the focus of the players a little bit. However, let's be happy that tomorrow is Argentina vs Germany!

If Coloccini gets injured, you can forget that idea.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Hades Tue Aug 14, 2012 8:45 pm

risks unnecessary injuries from my point of view, specially if its just a time- pass friendly and not for a competitive purpose

Last edited by Lord Hades on Tue Aug 14, 2012 8:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
Lord Hades
Lord Hades
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Catracho Tue Aug 14, 2012 8:45 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:
Catracho wrote:Yes they are necessary, I'm pretty sure its very important to fine tune your International Team prior to your win or go home World Cup Qualifiers in a friendly.

Yeah i'm sure an isolated friendly 3 days before the first league game of the season is really necessary Laughing

Plus you can do all those things without friendlies they are not necessary at all.

Qualifiers are over many games so it's not likes its a lose and go home environment plus most teams play their best teams in these "friendlies" anyway.

It's a complete and utter waste of time, unless your talking about warm up friendlies before a tournament.

In Europe yes.. here in the Americas no.

Canada for instance have a home and away qualifier against Group leaders Panama in September.. These games will most likely see Canada bounce out of WCQ or not, since their only other home game is against Cuba and have Honduras on the road. So friendlies like these they have coming up is very important for them, because I'm pretty sure 2 days of camp before heading to Panama isn't going to cut it. They need to be in a game environment.

Thats just one example
Catracho
Catracho
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Tue Aug 14, 2012 8:47 pm

My ignorance to anything outside of Europe has defeated me again Sad

You agree it's a waste of time to anyone in europe then?

Last edited by Great Leader Sprucenuce on Tue Aug 14, 2012 8:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by _LMG_10_ Tue Aug 14, 2012 8:48 pm

_LMG_10_ wrote:I agree that they're pretty useless as it diverts the focus of the players a little bit. However, let's be happy that tomorrow is Argentina vs Germany!

Is he on the squad?? I've been saying it forever that Argentina needs a player like him.

..it is kind of ridiculous to play an international game 3 days before the season starts. Obviously some players won't give 100% due to fear of injury. I think Messi will give 100% though, even though he's probably been instructed not to.

_LMG_10_
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Barcelona

http://www.eurofootballweb.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Tue Aug 14, 2012 8:51 pm

_LMG_10_ wrote:

Is he on the squad?? I've been saying it forever that Argentina needs a player like him.

..it is kind of ridiculous to play an international game 3 days before the season starts. Obviously some players won't give 100% due to fear of injury. I think Messi will give 100% though, even though he's probably been instructed not to.

Yeah been called up for first time in like 3 years, for a friendly 3 days before the first PL game.

It's like Sabella is trolling me, it has annoyed me quite a lot tbh but i'm happy for Colo.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by che Tue Aug 14, 2012 8:56 pm

Catracho wrote:

Canada for instance have a home and away qualifier against Group leaders Panama in September.. These games will most likely see Canada bounce out of WCQ or not, since their only other home game is against Cuba and have Honduras on the road. So friendlies like these they have coming up is very important for them, because I'm pretty sure 2 days of camp before heading to Panama isn't going to cut it. They need to be in a game environment.

Thats just one example

so? the other team would have the same amount of time to prepare

just move all international football to a one month block in may and be done with this international break bullshit, qualifiers or friendlies

speaking of things that are useless, does anyone know if gago got called up for argentina?
che
che
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Benfica

Back to top Go down

Post by Catracho Tue Aug 14, 2012 9:30 pm

che wrote:
Catracho wrote:

Thats just one example

so? the other team would have the same amount of time to prepare

just move all international football to a one month block in may and be done with this international break bullshit, qualifiers or friendlies

speaking of things that are useless, does anyone know if gago got called up for argentina?

Yea cuz one week of tuning does teams like these justice... Laughing
Catracho
Catracho
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down