With the latest signing, what are your expectations of Chelsea Next season? - Page 3 Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

With the latest signing, what are your expectations of Chelsea Next season?

+33
Le Samourai
the xcx
Lex
Gil
vivabarca38
MarkForrest17
Arsenalfaithfull
Cotes
DuringTheWar
iNFINITY9910
donttreadonred
RED
Blue Barrett
Ganso
Great Leader Sprucenuce
matpol
Onyx
Red Alert
Abramovich
Dutti
REWB
Die Borussen
urbaNRoots
che
Emaharg
Firenze
Art Morte
Donuts
The Sanchez
Mr Nick09
S
kiranr
Kick
37 posters

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

With the latest signing, what are your expectations of Chelsea Next season? - Page 3 Empty Re: With the latest signing, what are your expectations of Chelsea Next season?

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Fri Jul 27, 2012 3:43 am

They wont finish in the top 2.

Also lol @ taking encouragement from beating QPR and expecting Torres to replicate that performance.

Why do you think it was the only game last season where he looked half decent? Laughing

Chelsea actually have a good midfield and creative attackers now but i cant see the defence performing well in a attacking line up only Luiz is fit to perform in such a team.

And they have no goalscorers.

Despite the signings they still have a long way to go to get even close to the top 2.

Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

With the latest signing, what are your expectations of Chelsea Next season? - Page 3 Empty Re: With the latest signing, what are your expectations of Chelsea Next season?

Post by Ganso Fri Jul 27, 2012 3:45 am

It all depends if torres will score consistently or not imo.

with the likes of Hazard,Mata and Oscar behind him he should score at least 20-25 goals this season
Ganso
Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Barrett Fri Jul 27, 2012 4:23 am

Art Morte wrote:Chelsea's attack will be completely different to last season. I don't know how the players will gel but Chelski will be a tremendously interesting team to follow this season.
With the latest signing, what are your expectations of Chelsea Next season? - Page 3 Robert+deniro+smoking+godfather+GIF
Blue Barrett
Blue Barrett
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Barrett Fri Jul 27, 2012 4:32 am

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:They wont finish in the top 2.

Also lol @ taking encouragement from beating QPR and expecting Torres to replicate that performance.

Why do you think it was the only game last season where he looked half decent? Laughing

Chelsea actually have a good midfield and creative attackers now but i cant see the defence performing well in a attacking line up only Luiz is fit to perform in such a team.

Despite the signings they still have a long way to go to get even close to the top 2.
No, Mole. You just HOPE we don't make top 2 so you can have a chance to win the sig bet Laughing
Blue Barrett
Blue Barrett
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by The Sanchez Fri Jul 27, 2012 4:34 am

Art Morte wrote:
paxtonpale wrote:Centre forward is also a position where I find problems. What happens if Torres gets injuried or is off form, whos your replacement?

Chelsea start to have the players to do a Spain and play without a striker Razz

Cech
Ivanovic - Luiz - Terry - Cole
Hazard - Oscar - Ramires - Lampard - Mata - Marin

Twisted Evil

:bow: So much talent... :coffee:
The Sanchez
The Sanchez
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by RED Fri Jul 27, 2012 5:41 am

Kick wrote:On paper we should.

Nah. You're def not winning the league with that suspect defense of yours. Your attack on the other hand is impressive, will crucially depend on whether torres can carry the burden of Drogba's absence now. Important how your new signings gel and also how Di Matteo does being the manager now (who I don't rate at all tbh) He'll be sacked by Feb imo.

I think you'll win the CWC- dead cert. League and CL...nope. Domestic trophies, you got as good a chance as us City, Arsenal etc..
RED
RED
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by donttreadonred Fri Jul 27, 2012 6:16 am

Going along with new players settling in, the entire setup of the team is in doubt. Is it a 4-3-3, 4-4-1-1, 4-2-3-1, etc. We've seen variants on all of those throughout the preseason, with players fitting in a little differently each time. Di Matteo has never struck me as a manager that would impose a set style and approach to the squad. Instead, I feel he's more likely to try to simply pick a setup to accomodate the players most in form. (That's not an affront to RDM. It's just not your idealistic footballing theology.) Add to that the fact that several important players have yet to return from extended holidays following the Euros, and you can see that there is still some uncertainty surrounding the players and their specific roles.

Finallly, and potentially most crucial, Chelsea are potentially on the cusp of a very awkward transition. There is the infamous “old guard” of players: Terry, Lampard, Essien, Cole, etc. Given what I said about Di Matteo earlier, and what I witnessed last season, I believe he’s likely to stick with the proven players in most situations. However, they’re all aging, and may not be able to sustain the intensity that got them to European glory last season. (That’s a lot of assumptions, but it’s a very real possibility.) When you combine the slowing of the “old guard” with a possible delay in return of the new signings, you begin to see how this season may not be the victory lap that some people are expecting.

Don’t misunderstand me, Chelsea has quality coming out the ears. It’s just whether or not the return on their investment is immediate or delayed.
donttreadonred
donttreadonred
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Barrett Fri Jul 27, 2012 6:55 am

Its funny how you lot are making certain assumptions based on RDM's 3 month stint last season. How hard is it to understand that he had to make certain decisions and use certain strategies based on the quality available and the state of the team at the time? Neutral
Blue Barrett
Blue Barrett
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Fri Jul 27, 2012 2:25 pm

Barrettinator wrote:

No, Mole. You just HOPE we don't make top 2 so you can have a chance to win the sig bet Laughing

lmao i couldnt care less really, what are you going to do lol? it's just a sig on a internet forum lmao.

All i said was things i actually believe and they are points that hold a lot of weight.

You do have no goalscorers and Luiz aside the defence isnt suited to playing expansively.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Die Borussen Fri Jul 27, 2012 2:46 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:
Barrettinator wrote:

lmao i couldnt care less really, what are you going to do lol? it's just a sig on a internet forum lmao.

All i said was things i actually believe and they are points that hold a lot of weight.

You do have no goalscorers and Luiz aside the defence isnt suited to playing expansively.
torres will break the bpl all time goal-scoring record and even mole will worship the great nando :bow:
plus eden will bury some himself

Die Borussen
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by iNFINITY9910 Fri Jul 27, 2012 3:42 pm

Most of the success will still depend on the old guard IMO. Yes Torres will have to score and etc, but its the old guard that gets the team going and it was proven last season with the failure of AVB and success of RDM. If Lampard manages to command the midfield, not in playing terms but mental terms, and if Terry still manages to be the leader he is and Cole to be the defender he is, we have a good shot at the title.

Call me a retard, one mod already did Wink
iNFINITY9910
iNFINITY9910
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Corinthians

http://twitter.com/iNFINITY9910

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Fri Jul 27, 2012 6:33 pm

Mr Nick09 wrote:i expressed myself poorly, i meant this version of Torres being a choke master and all, is still an unknown quantity for chelsea in the league.

Fair enough. Thumbs up

Think he'll score around 15ish goals in the league this year, then being sold for someone like Cavani or Falcao in the next year at a lose.
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by DuringTheWar Fri Jul 27, 2012 7:08 pm

To me there are some big question marks over chelsea. First of all the manager, the fact that he is pals with the players doesnt do it for me, he gave chelsea a lift but can he do a long term job at this level? seems unlikely to me,
given the managers who werent good enough for roman, i dont see why rdm would have much of a chance at keeping this job for very long. 4 losses and he would probably be out the door
Secondly, whilst the players you signed are promising, none of them exactly look certain to dominate the premier league (in short term or long term), hazard is the one people are most excited about, and he does look very good, but none of them look exactly world class at all yet.
Thirdly, is john terry going to get a ban? i havent heard about this yet, but as the liverpool fans havent gone ballistic yet i presume a ban is still on the cards
Lastly i second the opinion that both before and after avb was sacked the only times chelsea didnt look defensively awful was when they parked the bus, i presume parking the bus is not on the agenda anymore with these signings

If i had to predict now, i'd guess chelsea will be competing with arsenal not manchester, and in the major cups they will probs get to the KO rounds
DuringTheWar
DuringTheWar
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by donttreadonred Sat Jul 28, 2012 6:09 pm

Barrettinator wrote:Its funny how you lot are making certain assumptions based on RDM's 3 month stint last season. How hard is it to understand that he had to make certain decisions and use certain strategies based on the quality available and the state of the team at the time? Neutral
You're very correct. We are making assumptions about his decisions based upon a relatively small sample size with very specific parameters (players form, fitness and morale). However, that doesn't necessarily affect the accuracy of the assessment.

Moreover, I do think we understand that he felt he had to ride the already established quality in the team. What Di Matteo has yet to show us is that he can setup a team for success on his own. He relied on previously acquired quality and played a lot of "small club" tactics in the cup competitions. That's not a strategy for Chelsea FC going forward. Yes, it brought you success, but it won't be sustainable unless Di Matteo demonstrates his ability to assemble a team and devise a system that can be used week-in week-out, season-in season-out.

So far, Di Matteo has shown that he's a good interim manager. In other words, he can work with an already assembled product. He hasn't yet shown us he's a reliable manager. Combine that with several high-profile, young signings and an aging spine of the squad, and you have a situation that screams uncertainty. I can't speak for everyone, but that's why I refuse to project Chelsea as the dominant force in the League/CL next season. There's simply too much uncertainty. Chelsea could come out and destroy people, proving the doubters wrong. Or, they could be 6th at Christmas, facing another managerial change. It's hard to say either will happen with any real certainty.
donttreadonred
donttreadonred
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Cotes Sun Jul 29, 2012 10:19 am

Still not on the level of Man City to be fair...
& I can't see them retaining the UCL...
Fa Cup & 2nd Epl seems fair
Cotes
Cotes
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Arsenalfaithfull Sun Jul 29, 2012 10:28 am

Remember gael kakuta... I swear he was the next best thing since sliced bread. Will he also take part in chelseas kick ass future?
Arsenalfaithfull
Arsenalfaithfull
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Barrett Sun Jul 29, 2012 11:53 am

Arsenalfaithfull wrote:Remember gael kakuta... I swear he was the next best thing since sliced bread. Will he also take part in chelseas kick ass future?
Probably not. Sadly, he has taken steps back in his development. He's not moving forward at all. Hasn't proven anything. Been a constant failure every time he's been loaned out and hasn't impressed when played in the first team either. He's probably going to be sold before the season starts.
Blue Barrett
Blue Barrett
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Sun Jul 29, 2012 1:09 pm

Barrettinator wrote:
Arsenalfaithfull wrote:Remember gael kakuta... I swear he was the next best thing since sliced bread. Will he also take part in chelseas kick ass future?
Probably not. Sadly, he has taken steps back in his development. He's not moving forward at all. Hasn't proven anything. Been a constant failure every time he's been loaned out and hasn't impressed when played in the first team either. He's probably going to be sold before the season starts.

Either sold or he will rot on the bench. Such a failure. :facepalm:
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by iNFINITY9910 Sun Jul 29, 2012 1:24 pm

Yes he has been the biggest youth dissapointment in the recent years.
iNFINITY9910
iNFINITY9910
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by MarkForrest17 Sun Jul 29, 2012 1:35 pm

I say about 5th next season. While we made some great signings I dont expect them to jump right in and be superstars. All Hazard and Oscar are still prospects in the making. They will need a good adjustment period before they really show their potential.

I say about next season, barring any other big signings is most likely when Chelsea can contend. I think City and Man U will finish above them again, and it wouldn't really shock me if Arsenal and/or Newcastle did as well.
MarkForrest17
MarkForrest17
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by S Sun Jul 29, 2012 1:38 pm

^^Now thats one realistic Chelsea fan right there..Good on you mate :coffee:
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by iNFINITY9910 Sun Jul 29, 2012 1:52 pm

I'm pretty sure we wont go below 4th, but others have to wait and see at least 5-6 matches.
iNFINITY9910
iNFINITY9910
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by MarkForrest17 Sun Jul 29, 2012 2:17 pm

Surag wrote:^^Now thats one realistic Chelsea fan right there..Good on you mate :coffee:
hahah, thanks. While Im really excited about all these players I just don't think we will have enough time to gel this season and come out on top. If you are going to win a title you have to hit the ground running and I think we will suffer a lot of hiccups like last season even though we are better, other teams have gotten better as well. You just can't really spend a lot of money and be the favorites to win because everyone spends a lot of money now. I think we are in the same position Man City was in 2010-2011, coming off a big spending spree but I really don't think it will be enough to push us over the edge.

iNFINITY9910 wrote:I'm pretty sure we wont go below 4th, but others have to wait and see at least 5-6 matches.
Yeah I hope not, but even if we do its not the end of the world. Im still smiling over our CL win, especially because we clearly should not of won... But in the end that made it so much better just because of how much it angered people lol. And plus being out of CL for a year will give us a chance to shift our focus all on winning the premier league without any distractions so it might do us some good.
MarkForrest17
MarkForrest17
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by vivabarca38 Mon Jul 30, 2012 12:32 am

They should win CWC,Uefa Supercup and qualify for CL.
I expect them to win CWC,Uefa Supercup and EPL top 3.
vivabarca38
vivabarca38
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Borussia Mönchengladbach

Back to top Go down

Post by Gil Mon Jul 30, 2012 5:03 am

We have the best midfield in the League but our defense is suspect and there are still question marks over Torres.

Luiz keeps making the same basic mistakes over and over again but turns into a GOAT the next game, injuries have killed JT/plus he'll be out for the first two months of the season, Cahill while better than Ramos shouldn't be a starter for a Top 4 team and Ivanovic has a bizarre fetish for playing wingers onside.

Cole is our only reliable defender nowadays sadly.

03-07 Cech
Ferreira Carvalho 04-08 JT Cole
Prime Makelele

Is no more Sad

Gil
Gil
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Barrett Mon Jul 30, 2012 6:03 am

^That backline was GOAT. Add a prime Essien beside Makelele and it just makes you want to cry Sad
Blue Barrett
Blue Barrett
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next