With the latest signing, what are your expectations of Chelsea Next season? - Page 2 Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

With the latest signing, what are your expectations of Chelsea Next season?

+33
Le Samourai
the xcx
Lex
Gil
vivabarca38
MarkForrest17
Arsenalfaithfull
Cotes
DuringTheWar
iNFINITY9910
donttreadonred
RED
Blue Barrett
Ganso
Great Leader Sprucenuce
matpol
Onyx
Red Alert
Abramovich
Dutti
REWB
Die Borussen
urbaNRoots
che
Emaharg
Firenze
Art Morte
Donuts
The Sanchez
Mr Nick09
S
kiranr
Kick
37 posters

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

With the latest signing, what are your expectations of Chelsea Next season? - Page 2 Empty Re: With the latest signing, what are your expectations of Chelsea Next season?

Post by Kick Thu Jul 26, 2012 7:32 am

For RB we are looking at Azpilicueta who will be a decent back up, I would prefer Maicon though. RB will be sorted by the time the season starts.

As for CB we have 3 young CB's who will replace Terry, Kalas, who did really well in the Eredivise for Vitesse. Bruma who had a good season at Hamburg and Chalobah who is our next best youth product after Piazon. Chalobah will be a starter for us one day, no doubt.

But the replacement for Terry is Cahill.

Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

With the latest signing, what are your expectations of Chelsea Next season? - Page 2 Empty Re: With the latest signing, what are your expectations of Chelsea Next season?

Post by Art Morte Thu Jul 26, 2012 7:47 am

Chelsea's attack will be completely different to last season. I don't know how the players will gel but Chelski will be a tremendously interesting team to follow this season.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Thu Jul 26, 2012 7:52 am

I think the main thing will be how Hazard and Mata Gel, if they do it flawlessly, we will be awesome, if they can't we could be in trouble.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by The Sanchez Thu Jul 26, 2012 8:42 am

Centre forward is also a position where I find problems. What happens if Torres gets injuried or is off form, whos your replacement?
The Sanchez
The Sanchez
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Thu Jul 26, 2012 8:48 am

4th
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Thu Jul 26, 2012 8:50 am

Sturridge, I am not too worried as he was our second highest scorer last year.

Who will finish above us saeco?
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Emaharg Thu Jul 26, 2012 8:59 am

3rd/4th in EPL, CWC, FA/Carling(or whatever it is called now) and Semi of CL.
They are not stronger than Man City or United.
Emaharg
Emaharg
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by che Thu Jul 26, 2012 9:02 am

title contenders, really? takes a lot more than hazard and oscar to go from 5th to 1st...

not to mention their cl campaign was 90% sheer dumb luck and 10% drogba so they'd need a massive improvement to come anywhere close to what they did this year

plus having torres as your number 1 striker is like buying a ferrari and fitting it with shopping trolley wheels Laughing
che
che
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Benfica

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Thu Jul 26, 2012 9:10 am

che wrote:title contenders, really? takes a lot more than hazard and oscar to go from 5th to 1st...

not to mention their cl campaign was 90% sheer dumb luck and 10% drogba so they'd need a massive improvement to come anywhere close to what they did this year

plus having torres as your number 1 striker is like buying a ferrari and fitting it with shopping trolley wheels Laughing

We underperformed in the EPL last year. We could have been much higher than 6th had we not had an idiotic defencive tactic.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by che Thu Jul 26, 2012 9:15 am

and you assume you'll have a better defensive tactic because...?

you can't park the bus in every game in the league, and chelsea's defence in the few relevant games under di matteo (cl) was all over the place, especially against napoli
che
che
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Benfica

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Thu Jul 26, 2012 9:18 am

I liked the way they're strengthing what they need most, but I'm still not convinced on Di Matteo.

They'll finish 4th or 3rd at most.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jul 26, 2012 9:54 am

Yet to impress me in pre-season at all

Defensive frailties still showing

Also the team seems to have lost all its physicality and has switched to a fast light weight team

If anything it will take this team at least a season to find it's feet.

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Thu Jul 26, 2012 10:23 am

paxtonpale wrote:Centre forward is also a position where I find problems. What happens if Torres gets injuried or is off form, whos your replacement?

Chelsea start to have the players to do a Spain and play without a striker Razz

Cech
Ivanovic - Luiz - Terry - Cole
Hazard - Oscar - Ramires - Lampard - Mata - Marin

Twisted Evil
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Thu Jul 26, 2012 10:33 am

League titles are product of consistency, you guys have shown you have the consistency to finish 7th. It's gonna take a lot to finish in the top 4, let alone win the league.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by kiranr Thu Jul 26, 2012 10:45 am

Mr Nick09 wrote:you guys have shown you have the consistency to finish 7th.

And you believe that was reflective of their true potential?
kiranr
kiranr
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Thu Jul 26, 2012 11:02 am

kiranr wrote:
Mr Nick09 wrote:you guys have shown you have the consistency to finish 7th.

And you believe that was reflective of their true potential?

I dont want to talk about Potential here because on potential alone, any big team in England could do it.

How good they were last season is a better indication of their ability to go out and win week after week.

Signing a myriad of players is always nice and exciting, but they can flop just as badly for all we know. RDM will be tested himself to a much greater length than what he showed last season for example.

Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Die Borussen Thu Jul 26, 2012 11:15 am

i can totally see them challenging for the title until the end
they dont have avb which was a major reason of the team underperforming from the players disliking him to his failure to get the best out of the team using nosense tactics

one could argue that even with RDM things didnt change in the league but there are many reasons for that, he was declared to lead a "dead" team to success, when he became the coach the league wasnt a possibility so they focused in the CL i suppose

there will be stability in the defence as long as they dont use luiz

new season, good atmosphere, new/good players, new torres and mata who imo will have the biggest impact and lead the team to glory

Die Borussen
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by REWB Thu Jul 26, 2012 11:31 am

i dont think they are going to do aswell as people think they are going to do, plus the transfer window is not over yet.
REWB
REWB
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Dutti Thu Jul 26, 2012 11:44 am

Crimson wrote:Yet to impress me in pre-season at all

Defensive frailties still showing

Also the team seems to have lost all its physicality and has switched to a fast light weight team

If anything it will take this team at least a season to find it's feet.

I thought no one would admit that Chelsea have waning defense. They should probably sign new central backs.
Dutti
Dutti
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Abramovich Thu Jul 26, 2012 11:57 am

Embarrassing knee jerk from kick before the window has ended silent. I don't think atm we are that much stronger than last year currently, due to players unfamiliar with the league coming in replacing those who were seasoned in.

That being said I read some crap about us being defensive in league under RDM, which I don't really agree with and how he may struggle to coach attacking players. I really can't remember his management at WBA or swans, so won't comment on that side. But as far as Im concerned he made the most of what he could with the players at disposal, so you can't write off this attacking players malarkey.

Our game towards end of season QPR in particular where Mata any Torres combo bromance was in full affect has given me some optimism, as someone who watched every game last season no one can doubt Torres movement. Yes hes somewhat weak minded, but with the players added in they will be able to find him better, he may not have deadly clinical precisionyyet but am sure he will bag goals as long as hes found. I mean there were stages of last year when he wouldnt move when Danny had the ball in tho box and it was almost as bad when Malouda had it too.

The defence and keeper side I have no problems with, Luiz under AVB and creative freedom from the back was a disaster but under RDM hes much better. Aa long as we sign Azpilcueta or someone for RB am sure we will challenge for the title.

I predict a top 3 finish, Man City got the best squad/players hands down, Man Utd got fergie factor and refs to help them which means they will always be there. Ill write off Spuds personally and Arsenal well meh depends as the window still has a long way to go.
Abramovich
Abramovich
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Napoli

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Thu Jul 26, 2012 12:27 pm

Fourth imo. Too many players will want to play centrally, seen nothing from RDM to suggest that they'll play attractive football [though they can still grind out results] and lost a massive influence in Drogba. Their defence is average at best.

[quote="Mr Nick09"]
You have signed many talented young players, so gelling would be the first concern. I think Losing Drogba will have an effect sooner or later, and Torres is still a massive unknown in the league.[/quote]

Torres made his name in the league - how is he a massive unknown?

Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Thu Jul 26, 2012 1:31 pm

i expressed myself poorly, i meant this version of Torres being a choke master and all, is still an unknown quantity for chelsea in the league.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Thu Jul 26, 2012 2:09 pm

Top 3 in the league, CL quarters/semis, community shield 50-50, Supercup, CWC and maybe one of COC/FA Cup.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by matpol Thu Jul 26, 2012 2:28 pm

FA Cup Community Shield - not favorite against City, but 45% chance to win. Should be good game.
UEFA Super Cup - favorite to win it, but it won't be big upset if Atletico wins. I pick Chelsea to win it though
FIFA Club World Cup - big favorite to win.
Capital One Cup - depending on the draw and line-up they will put. 1/4 will be good result.
FA Cup - Chelsea should aim to win it, along with Man City the main contenders for the title.
EPL - if they add a good rightback, they are set to contend. 2nd favorite to win it after Man City.
Champions League - all depends on the draw. They won't defend the trophy, that's sure, but reaching QF should be their minimum expectations.

To conclude, I predict Chelsea to win 3 trophies from 7 that they will compete to win - UEFA Super Cup, FIFA Club World Cup and FA Cup. Let's see what will Chelsea achieve :coffee:

As for football they will play, they can be fun to watch in upcoming season, let's see what will di Matteo do with this squad.
matpol
matpol
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Thu Jul 26, 2012 11:57 pm

I would be very happy with your prediction matpol. Thumbs up
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Fri Jul 27, 2012 12:13 am

They wont finish in the top 2.

Also lol @ taking encouragement from beating QPR and expecting Torres to replicate that performance.

Why do you think it was the only game last season where he looked half decent? Laughing

Chelsea actually have a good midfield and creative attackers now but i cant see the defence performing well in a attacking line up only Luiz is fit to perform in such a team.

And they have no goalscorers.

Despite the signings they still have a long way to go to get even close to the top 2.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next