The talk of Italy: Introducing Juventus' headline-grabbing young centre-back Alberto Masi

+2
Cotes
Juveman17
6 posters

Go down

The talk of Italy: Introducing Juventus' headline-grabbing young centre-back Alberto Masi Empty The talk of Italy: Introducing Juventus' headline-grabbing young centre-back Alberto Masi

Post by Juveman17 Tue Jul 24, 2012 3:20 pm

In what was largely a rather slow-paced runout at the Trofeo TIM in Bari on Saturday night, one performance stood out like a beacon to the Juventus fans in attendance at the San Nicola. Nineteen-year-old defender Alberto Masi turned in a display of stunning maturity, supplying great discipline and structure in his new club's back line.

The youngster was pitted against Inter and AC Milan just a fortnight after joining the club from Pro Vercelli, but he looked like a natural who had been playing at the top level for some time, outshining fellow new boy Lucio in defence and leading the Italian media to wax lyrical over his ability and potential.

Sky labelled Masi the biggest positive from the Trofeo TIM, and the teenager was likened by various sources and experts to a young Alessandro Nesta.

"He was born in Genoa, and was brought up in the youth system of his local club Sampdoria," explains Goal.com Italy's Juventus expert Romeo Agresti.

"He is a player with great personality. In fact, this is his main characteristic. He was the captain of Sampdoria's Allievi side, and he played for Serie D outfit Lavagnese at the age of just 17, making 20 first team appearances despite his age. Then at Pro Vercelli he was the pivot of coach Maurizio Braghin's side."

His move to Lavagnese in 2009 in a one-year loan deal gave him the opportunity to experience first team football at a semi-professional level, and after returning to Sampdoria the following summer he spent a season with the Blucerchiati's Primavera.

But in 2011, the Ligurian side decided to allow Masi to join Pro Vercelli in a co-ownership deal. After helping Braghin's team to promotion to Serie B, playing 24 times in their successful league campaign, the Piedmontesi were not keen to let their half of his rights go on the cheap. After reaching a stalemate over his value, the clubs were forced to decide the matter in a blind auction, with Pro Vercelli outbidding Sampdoria by €30,000 with a €345,000 offer.

That allowed them to then sell on 50 per cent of Masi's rights to Juventus when the Bianconeri came knocking a fortnight later. His immediate future is likely to be played out in Juve's Primavera side, but Agresti explains that he has the talent to make a big impression.

"He has excellent physicality and is very quick," he says. "He is skilled in the air, has superb positional sense and is very good with the ball at either foot.

"The most appropriate comparison is most certainly with Alessandro Nesta. That is because he always plays with his head up, has very intelligent movement, and literally never gives the ball away. He also talks very well, and is comfortable enough in position to set the play up from the back."

The comparisons are certainly flattering, but Masi has made all the right steps so far in his young career, and his performances on Saturday night in the Trofeo TIM have ensured that his progress will be watched very closely by Juventus fans over the course of the next campaign.
Juveman17
Juveman17
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Fulham

https://www.youtube.com/user/juveman176

Back to top Go down

The talk of Italy: Introducing Juventus' headline-grabbing young centre-back Alberto Masi Empty Re: The talk of Italy: Introducing Juventus' headline-grabbing young centre-back Alberto Masi

Post by Cotes Tue Jul 24, 2012 3:36 pm

BEEEEEEEEEEEEAST!
The eye Of Marrotta is working!
Cotes
Cotes
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

The talk of Italy: Introducing Juventus' headline-grabbing young centre-back Alberto Masi Empty Re: The talk of Italy: Introducing Juventus' headline-grabbing young centre-back Alberto Masi

Post by lucianomoggi Tue Jul 24, 2012 8:52 pm

Cotes wrote:BEEEEEEEEEEEEAST!

why you have to make such a terrible joke with MAROTA eye problems?

lucianomoggi
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Cotes Wed Jul 25, 2012 3:24 am

lucianomoggi wrote:

How is that a terrible joke?
I simply mean he has a good eye for talent...

why you have to take everything so literal & make it seem offensive?
Cotes
Cotes
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by lucianomoggi Wed Jul 25, 2012 3:40 pm

Cotes wrote:
lucianomoggi wrote:

dude I just don't want to focus on that; and some of you members keep mentioning the eye because you find it funny , that is not funny

lucianomoggi
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Cotes Wed Jul 25, 2012 4:04 pm

lucianomoggi wrote:
Cotes wrote:
lucianomoggi wrote:

dude I just don't want to focus on that; and some of you members keep mentioning the eye because you find it funny , that is not funny

U take everything too literal & that is the problem with the word...
People always want to make something out of nothing by making every statement or every little thing becoming personal...

Probably if I said this over tv, people would demand me getting fine & stuff like that for a statement I meant nothing offensive by...
Cotes
Cotes
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by zarola Wed Jul 25, 2012 6:52 pm

eye agree with cotes
zarola
zarola
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Juventude Wed Jul 25, 2012 7:02 pm

Eye think the eye is funny, but eye have a sick sense of humor.
Juventude
Juventude
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Juveman17 Wed Jul 25, 2012 7:52 pm

This thread :bow: Laughing

We should make a mercato thread called "The EYE of Marotta"

rofl
Juveman17
Juveman17
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Fulham

https://www.youtube.com/user/juveman176

Back to top Go down

Post by lucianomoggi Thu Jul 26, 2012 12:18 am

Cotes wrote:
lucianomoggi wrote:
Cotes wrote:
lucianomoggi wrote:

People always want to make something out of nothing by making every statement or every little thing becoming personal...

Probably if I said this over tv, people would demand me getting fine & stuff like that for a statement I meant nothing offensive by...
Cotes wrote:
lucianomoggi wrote:
Cotes wrote:
lucianomoggi wrote:

Ok, maybe I take things too literal

what do you mean " if I said this on TV ", do you work as a reporter or something?

lucianomoggi
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by stefanobada Thu Jul 26, 2012 4:34 am

Eye yay yay you geyes !
stefanobada
stefanobada
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down