If your club were relegated, which of your players would stay?

+35
barca 2011
Mr Nick09
che
Kuru
Art Morte
larisano
dostoevsky
Blue Barrett
The Messiah
Luca
ErPupone
daneq
S
Ganso
la bestia negra
McAgger
Donuts
Jay29
Doc
RealGunner
LeVersacci
Kick
S32TABLANCA
Real Kandahar
rwo power
7amood11
Pedram
VanDeezNuts
urbaNRoots
Mr. Moratti
Onyx
Kaladin
Zealous
Raptorgunner
BarrileteCosmico
39 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

If your club were relegated, which of your players would stay? - Page 2 Empty Re: If your club were relegated, which of your players would stay?

Post by Onyx Sat Jul 21, 2012 1:34 am

Donuts wrote:
mtfootball wrote:With Real Madrid there's no point leaving. The team would be promoted the following season and the club would start buying if stars left. Even in the second division Real Madrid would still be the biggest club in the World. And also the team could win the CL the previous season, meaning the club competes in it while in the second division.
2 years without UEFA is a big deal for a player, take CR7 for example, he wants the player of year and trophies, those wont happen being relegated and will leave, especially because he is 27 in his peak years why would he waste it in second division.

It would be 1 year and if we win the CL the season we get relegated, the following season we'd be competing in it.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

If your club were relegated, which of your players would stay? - Page 2 Empty Re: If your club were relegated, which of your players would stay?

Post by S Sat Jul 21, 2012 1:46 am

mtfootball wrote:It would be 1 year and if we win the CL the season we get relegated, the following season we'd be competing in it.

Lol you are talking as though Real Madrid winning the CL is a mere formality..

This is just a hypothetical question barring circumstances and events..CL or EL has nothing to do with it since the possibility of Real Madrid winning CL and relegated at the same time wont transpire in real life nor in FIFA or PES.Better answer to the question instead.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by daneq Sat Jul 21, 2012 2:14 am

Iker, Xabi, Granero, Higuain.
daneq
daneq
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by ErPupone Sat Jul 21, 2012 2:23 am

Totti, Perrotta, Lobont, Taddei and the primavera boys.
ErPupone
ErPupone
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by Donuts Sat Jul 21, 2012 2:34 am

mtfootball wrote:
Donuts wrote:
mtfootball wrote:With Real Madrid there's no point leaving. The team would be promoted the following season and the club would start buying if stars left. Even in the second division Real Madrid would still be the biggest club in the World. And also the team could win the CL the previous season, meaning the club competes in it while in the second division.
2 years without UEFA is a big deal for a player, take CR7 for example, he wants the player of year and trophies, those wont happen being relegated and will leave, especially because he is 27 in his peak years why would he waste it in second division.

It would be 1 year and if we win the CL the season we get relegated, the following season we'd be competing in it.
That response is so.. lol honestly be realistic if you got relegated against teams like Granada Zaragoza etc etc how do you expect your team to win the CL.
Donuts
Donuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Sat Jul 21, 2012 2:41 am

Donuts wrote:
mtfootball wrote:
Donuts wrote:

That response is so.. lol honestly be realistic if you got relegated against teams like Granada Zaragoza etc etc how do you expect your team to win the CL.

The relegation might be a punishment like the Serie A one, not because we finished 18th, 19th or 20th.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Sat Jul 21, 2012 2:43 am

ErPupone wrote:Totti, Perrotta, Lobont, Taddei and the primavera boys.

You think De Rossi would leave?

Luca
J Council Master

Back to top Go down

Post by S Sat Jul 21, 2012 2:46 am

mtfootball wrote:The relegation might be a punishment like the Serie A one, not because we finished 18th, 19th or 20th.

And you'd be barred from European competitions if anything like that happened..

You really are making little sense here..
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by The Messiah Sat Jul 21, 2012 3:09 am

I think all Bayern Munich players would stay, but I fear my 2nd team (Madrid) players will all leave, except for maybe Casillas and Ramos.
The Messiah
The Messiah
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Chelsea

http://pose-grpp.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Donuts Sat Jul 21, 2012 3:17 am

The Messiah wrote:I think all Bayern Munich players would stay, but I fear my 2nd team (Madrid) players will all leave, except for maybe Casillas and Ramos.
Robben would leave in a heart beat.
Donuts
Donuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Barrett Sat Jul 21, 2012 3:23 am

JT, Cech, Lamps, Lukaku, Ivanovic, Mikel, McEachran and the rest of the youth squad.

David Luiz may be a fun guy but I don't think he'll stay, at least not for long. Maybe half a season. One season at most.

If Kalou was still a Chelsea player, he'd probably stay too.

Wow! 7 players! If your club were relegated, which of your players would stay? - Page 2 Respect-040

Last edited by Barrettinator on Sat Jul 21, 2012 3:30 am; edited 1 time in total
Blue Barrett
Blue Barrett
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by dostoevsky Sat Jul 21, 2012 3:26 am

Ambrosini, Abbiati, Abate, Acerbi, Antonini, Bonera, Nocerino.

I wouldn't hold it against Robinho, Pato and Boateng if they left in this situation, I imagine Mexes and Flamini would jump ship - I'm honestly not poking fun at the French, I think they'd have legitimate reasons to leave - and I can't really judge whether Montolivo would stay given we haven't yet seen him play in our shirt and unlike Acerbi, another new arrival, he has just a few years left of his prime.

I'd like to think that El Shaarawy would stay however it's a difficult thing to predict. Muntari and Urby might stay, I imagine there'd be limited interest in our team anyway as Ganso said.
dostoevsky
dostoevsky
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Ganso Sat Jul 21, 2012 3:27 am

Lukkaku?really?lol
Ganso
Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Barrett Sat Jul 21, 2012 3:28 am

Yeah I could fly to the moon tomorrow. I only have to get a ticket. smoking
Blue Barrett
Blue Barrett
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Barrett Sat Jul 21, 2012 3:29 am

Ganso wrote:Lukkaku?really?lol
Yes, Lukaku.
Blue Barrett
Blue Barrett
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by larisano Sat Jul 21, 2012 7:16 am

most of the la masia grads would stay for sure and it also depends on the state of the club at the time, alot of factors come into play, i.e. morale, how the club is being run and such like...

As a Barca fan; if we were releated this season, then Xavi,Puyol,Valdes,Messi,Iniesta,Pedro,Busquets,Thiago...basically the la masia grads would all want to stay,but wage cuts and suchlike would determine what the club would do in such a situation.
In Barca's case,most of the guys have enjoyed enormous success in the last few years,so the factor of wanting to leave because a chance of winning is gone for 1 season(best case scenario) would be very low,lMO.
larisano
larisano
Prospect
Prospect

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by larisano Sat Jul 21, 2012 7:20 am

If I had to pinpoint players most likely to leave:
Dani Alves

David Villa

Sanchez

Mascherano(might still because he seems to love the club)

Abidal(if not fully fit,he would be released)

Adriano

Jordi Alba(might leave since he hasn't been a part of past success)

Cesc Fabregas(la masia graduate but I am not yet sure how much he loves the club,tbh)
larisano
larisano
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Sat Jul 21, 2012 7:30 am

Most people here are over-estimating players' willingness to stay if the club gets relegated, imo.

Messiah "Aggerswagger" wrote:For Liverpool, these guys I'm pretty sure would stay

Gerrard
Carra
Kelly
Agger
Lucas
Spearing
Shelvey
and the Academy players

I don't think Agger or Lucas would stay.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Sat Jul 21, 2012 7:32 am

I have faith in their loyalty and their love for the club, but you're most likely right Razz
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by Kuru Sat Jul 21, 2012 8:01 am

larisano wrote:If I had to pinpoint players most likely to leave:
Dani Alves

David Villa

Sanchez

Mascherano(might still because he seems to love the club)

Abidal(if not fully fit,he would be released)

Adriano

Jordi Alba(might leave since he hasn't been a part of past success)

Cesc Fabregas(la masia graduate but I am not yet sure how much he loves the club,tbh)
Fabregas would leave and join Madrid. Very Happy
Kuru
Kuru
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Sat Jul 21, 2012 8:22 am

Lukaku is a huuuge Chelsea fan and has been for a long time.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by che Sat Jul 21, 2012 8:32 am

everyone except rami, banega, soldado and alves, they're all shit except guaita whose existence everyone seems to ignore
che
che
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Benfica

Back to top Go down

Post by S Sat Jul 21, 2012 8:42 am

Barrettinator wrote:JT, Cech, Lamps, Lukaku, Ivanovic, Mikel, McEachran and the rest of the youth squad.

Seriously i dont see Ivanovic and Mikel staying..
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by S Sat Jul 21, 2012 8:47 am

7amood11 wrote:Not many footballers are looking to waste a year of their careers in the 2nd division.

For Juve currently, Buffon, Chiellini, Marchisio, and PDC.

This..

You can add Pepe,Barzagli and Giovinco to the list too.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Sat Jul 21, 2012 8:50 am

i would say everyone except Lass, Ronaldo, Ozil and Benzema.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by barca 2011 Sat Jul 21, 2012 11:44 am

It would be an odd scene for Barca. Barca B would be relegated the third div. as a result, so I imagine seeing Barca B playing just as they would anyways, with the B players being "promoted" to play in la Segunda due to a technicality. And at least half of our current team would be competing in La Segunda, so there would just be drubbings. As far as who would stay, I guess it depends on the scenario.
barca 2011
barca 2011
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next