kiranr
Vibe
Cassius
Rossoneri Ninja
Potential
40 posters

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Go down

If you can't beat them, buy them! - Page 5 Empty Re: If you can't beat them, buy them!

Post by S Sun Jul 22, 2012 5:06 pm

rwo power wrote:You know, if you are so adverse to foreign ownership of clubs, you really should consider to support one or the other Bundesliga club :coffee:

We still have terrasses and beer in the stadiums and low ticket prices, too.

I dont think anybody is feeling 'adverse' to foreign ownership of clubs..More like the massive inflation caused in the market by clubs like PSG and City buying whoever they want as opposed to prudent spending which is in turn making it difficult for traditional powerhouses to compete in the market.

People like Hoeness is lashing out at such clubs for that reason.

S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

If you can't beat them, buy them! - Page 5 Empty Re: If you can't beat them, buy them!

Post by Dnmac4 Sun Jul 22, 2012 5:06 pm

rwo power wrote:
BarrileteCosmico wrote:
rwo power wrote:
dnmac4 wrote:And if your a billionaire and your boyhood team was Barca or Madrid then I guess your just never allowed to buy a football club by these just unrealistic and flat out stupid rules.
Why are these rules stupid? *curious*
He's talking about the way some people here make it seem like it's only acceptable to own a club if they had been childhood fans of it, as if it were a rule.
Oh, I see. It is just that I prefer how the Bundesliga is managed to leagues like EPL or La Ligue etc where people can just buy clubs as their playthings.

Yea, I'm no expert on how the German league is run but I'm talking about Barca and Madrid are never going to be for sale so if you are lucky enough to be a billionaire and were a fan of these clubs by what some people are saying on here is that you just shouldn't be able to buy a club.

Not to mention the chances of becoming a billionaire at the same exact time as your childhood club is up for sale are so small its smaller then winning the lottery.

Just because you have money doesn't mean you can buy any club you want. Some people act like Man City was the only club they wanted to buy they could have tried to buy bigger clubs and told no. Not everything is for sale when you want it.
Dnmac4
Dnmac4
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Sun Jul 22, 2012 5:08 pm

Barrettinator wrote:So what if a German Billionaire came in and bought your club. It would be okay then? scratch
You can't buy German clubs. It is prohibited by the 50+1 rule.
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : Asante Kotoko

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Barrett Sun Jul 22, 2012 5:09 pm

rwo power wrote:
Barrettinator wrote:So what if a German Billionaire came in and bought your club. It would be okay then? scratch
Ah! Pardon my lack of knowledge on that Very Happy

So how are German clubs owned?(I don't know what the rule is)
Blue Barrett
Blue Barrett
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Sun Jul 22, 2012 5:12 pm

Barrettinator wrote:
rwo power wrote:
Ah! Pardon my lack of knowledge on that Very Happy
So how are German clubs owned?(I don't know what the rule is)
German clubs are generally fan-owned. No one shareholder can have more than 49% of the shares - the fans always have 50+1 shares.

There is only the exception of Bayer Leverkusen and VfL Wolfsburg as these were clubs that were founded by workers of the respective companies and that were thus sponsored by the companies for many decades. If one sponsor shows for more than 20 years by continual sponsoring that s/he is serious about a club, then s/he would have the permission to get the majority of shares. But as you see that is no ruling for a short-term takeover Very Happy

So Dietmar Hopp invests lots of money in Hoffenheim, but he still doesn't have the final say there as he doesn't have the majority of shares either.
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Abramovich Sun Jul 22, 2012 5:16 pm

So basically a super PLC type ma bob :bow:
Abramovich
Abramovich
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Napoli

Back to top Go down

Post by LeSwagg James Sun Jul 22, 2012 8:42 pm

The people complaining about 'sugar daddies' are the ones who support clubs with no money Laughing
LeSwagg James
LeSwagg James
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Sun Jul 22, 2012 9:53 pm

Every team in the world without a sugar daddy is a team with no money by comparison

so strange comment is strange
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Valencia

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jul 22, 2012 9:54 pm

rwo power wrote:
BarrileteCosmico wrote:
rwo power wrote:
dnmac4 wrote:And if your a billionaire and your boyhood team was Barca or Madrid then I guess your just never allowed to buy a football club by these just unrealistic and flat out stupid rules.
He's talking about the way some people here make it seem like it's only acceptable to own a club if they had been childhood fans of it, as if it were a rule.
Oh, I see. It is just that I prefer how the Bundesliga is managed to leagues like EPL or La Ligue etc where people can just buy clubs as their playthings.

I much prefer the way Real Madrid is run

Back to top Go down

Post by LeSwagg James Sun Jul 22, 2012 10:21 pm

Lex wrote:Every team in the world without a sugar daddy is a team with no money by comparison

so strange comment is strange

No.. Madrid doesn't have a sugar daddy and we are fine.. Neither does Barca
LeSwagg James
LeSwagg James
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Sun Jul 22, 2012 10:25 pm

Swagg wrote:The people complaining about 'sugar daddies' are the ones who support clubs with no money Laughing

That's very untrue....
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Sun Jul 22, 2012 10:40 pm

Crimson wrote:
rwo power wrote:
BarrileteCosmico wrote:
rwo power wrote:
I much prefer the way Real Madrid is run
Well, Real has the advantage of a very skewed TV deal and the backing of certain Spanish banks and the government (see tax issues). Same goes for Barca, albeit they have the backing of Catalan banks. ^^
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by LeSwagg James Sun Jul 22, 2012 10:44 pm

urbaNRoots wrote:
Swagg wrote:The people complaining about 'sugar daddies' are the ones who support clubs with no money Laughing

That's very untrue....

That seems to be the trend.. :coffee:
LeSwagg James
LeSwagg James
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by red&blacklegion Mon Jul 23, 2012 2:04 am

Yes Berlusconis money made Milan what it is today.However,Im against teams like City who have 5-6 top players who play in the same position. A lot of talent is being wasted just look at city Dzeko,Tevez,Johnson and Nasri spent most of the season on the bench .
red&blacklegion
red&blacklegion
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5