Donuts
StrugaRock
C.Marchisio #8
21 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Nani:Ronaldo is liar Empty Nani:Ronaldo is liar

Post by C.Marchisio #8 Sat Jun 30, 2012 12:39 am

Guys help me out to find the source of what i've read before in some macedonian article but the true source of the quotation wasnt revealed.
I've read that Nani stated that Ronaldo actually wanted to take the fifth penalty to take all the glory and to be the saviour of Portugal.(as you all know Ronaldo stated that he was angry that he was putted to take the last penalty.)

C.Marchisio #8
C.Marchisio #8
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Nani:Ronaldo is liar Empty Re: Nani:Ronaldo is liar

Post by StrugaRock Sat Jun 30, 2012 12:40 am

I read that too on FB. I knew from the start that he could've asked for that.
StrugaRock
StrugaRock
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Donuts Sat Jun 30, 2012 12:57 am

Lol, thought it was obvious he was going for glory, guess we could use the confirmation though.
Donuts
Donuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by Dnmac4 Sat Jun 30, 2012 1:03 am

It's quite obvious that is what happened. Bento is a good coach and no coach who has any sense at all would put there best penalty taker in a position not to take one.

I mean that's why everyone was so shocked and you NEVER see it happen because the coach knows he will get killed if things break the way they did.

I mean it's coaching and math 101. This is schoolboy stuff and I am 100% sure Bento didn't just forget how to coach in the most important moment of his career.

I mean Ronaldo's a great player and I know people on this board hold him and Messi to heights that are unreachable but no one said they were very bright. I 100% believe Ronaldo thought there was no way he could not take a kick or he would not have suggested/agreed to it.

And even if Bento did lose his mind and give those orders it's Ronaldo's job as captain (coach on the field) to say no and get in the top 3 takers as every coach will tell you that's where you put your best PK taker.

It all just seems so forced,unnatural and manufactured the way Ronaldo goes about his business in trying to win the Balon D'or by being the savior of his country by taking the last kick as they all count the same compared to how Messi and others who compete for the award play.

I mean look at the teams in the finals in there shootouts Fab and Diamante took the last shot and no one cares they didn't do more for there team then any of the others who made there kicks and a guy like Pirlo or Casillas would never think of trying to engineer a way to manufacture a "moment of greatness" to win an individual award for himself not his country.

You could tell that in the most important point in his international career as CAPTAIN BTW he was thinking of how to win an individual award for himself not a semi final for his country. It's pretty shameful and IMO has not been covered enough.
Dnmac4
Dnmac4
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Sat Jun 30, 2012 1:10 am

I do my fair share of bashing but be realistic here.

Firstly...the source is Nani...so at the very least it's subjective and unreliable.

Secondly...Schevchenko, Gerrard,Drogba... I've seen these guys lined up to take the fifth penalty all the time...it's not like this is the first time in history this has happened.

What I want to know is , was the order fixed or could he have taken the 4th when he saw that they would face elimination if it was missed? In that case I'll call him a coward not a glory hunter.

Either way it's Nani.....Evra's greatest pupil....who takes him seriously lol.
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by billionmillion Sat Jun 30, 2012 1:28 am

I also think he was coward. a human with intelligence would know that if his team mate misses he will not take 5th penalty. how did he know that portugal will score all their penalties. he just didnt want to miss and get bashed
billionmillion
billionmillion
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmonica Sat Jun 30, 2012 1:46 am

Glory hunting/ coward combo going on here. No one in the whole wide world will put the absolute best penalty shooter last. That's beyond stupidity.

Secondly...Schevchenko, Gerrard,Drogba... I've seen these guys lined up to take the fifth penalty all the time...it's not like this is the first time in history this has happened.
So what, do you know for fact they are absolute the best penalty shooters in their teams?
Harmonica
Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Sat Jun 30, 2012 2:07 am

Drogba definitely wan't the best, arguably neither was Gerrard....but it's still stupid to argue that they chose to take the fifth penalties because they were looking for glory.

Schevchenko if I'm not mistaken was the designated taker for Milan.

Del Piero, someone more qualified than anyone else who took penalties that day, for example was left in a similar position for Italy when they played us in 08, it's not uncommon as far as I'm concernced.
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jun 30, 2012 2:08 am

History in the past 12 years show that a team's best penalty taker is more likely to score the 5th penalty as opposed to 1st.

so stop blaming CR

Back to top Go down

Post by SaintJoe Sat Jun 30, 2012 2:09 am

Nani and Ronaldo hate each other. One shouldn't really believe shit they say about each other.

Having said that, it could still be true. But frankly the 'savior of Portugal' part doesn't make any sense. He wouldn't the 'the savior' since he'd have scored one penalty, just like the rest of them. And most penalty shootouts most likely end before the fifth penalty anyway.
Imo he just got scared. Facing his club goalkeeper and having failed some penalties lately, he thought he wasn't at his best. Not that it matters much, since he was gonna take a penalty anyway. If only we got there Sad
SaintJoe
SaintJoe
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Schalke 04

Back to top Go down

Post by Dnmac4 Sat Jun 30, 2012 2:11 am

billionmillion wrote:I also think he was coward. a human with intelligence would know that if his team mate misses he will not take 5th penalty. how did he know that portugal will score all their penalties. he just didnt want to miss and get bashed

I don't think he was scared, he's no coward I will give him that.

I honestly believe he was trying to engineer a moment of greatness so he could be better positioned to win an individual award in a game where he threw up a total stinker.

He wanted people to think he won the game in a game he played terrible in. OR had a great Euro's when really he had a decent tournament but by no means was the best player in it.

And for the other poster in this thread, Drogba doesn't take penalties for Chelsea, Lampard does and as for Ivory Coast I would love for you to find me an example of him shooting 5th at anytime.

And in England's shootout Gerrard shot first and Rooney second BTW.

And the year Shevchenko won the CL for Milan while shooting the 5th penalty he was not there main penalty taker he scored 10 goals in 40 games all . Inzaghi was there best player with 30 goals that year and he didn't shoot at all for what ever reason.

So no, I really don't remember when these guys shot 5th in any kind of important game as the main PK taker.

IF they did there coach should be shot.
Dnmac4
Dnmac4
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by The Verminator Sat Jun 30, 2012 2:24 am

Just throwing my 2 cents in.

I know alot of you guys think that having your best penalty taker shoot last is absolute stupidity, but there is a reason why it is done sometimes. At a time where that penalty can either make you go through to the next stage or go home, you would want your best penalty taker to take the shot, as for usually they are more composed and better shooters of the ball (in regards to spot kicks). Taking the first penalty and taking the last is not the same thing. And more often than not, you want your best penalty taker taking the most crucial penalty.
The Verminator
The Verminator
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Barrett Sat Jun 30, 2012 2:32 am

If Lampard had taken the last penalty in the '08 CL final, maybe we could have won. Doesn't always work that way. If Bruno Alves doesn't miss, we don't have this conversation because Ronaldo takes his kick.

Its just unfair to have this argument.
Blue Barrett
Blue Barrett
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Donuts Sat Jun 30, 2012 2:55 am

I think the only reason Ronaldo is being put so much on the spot here is because he always takes his penalties first, for Portugal, and for Real Madrid.
Now to say all of a sudden the coach decided to put him last and let all his defenders shoot ahead of him is abit ridiculous and abit deluded from the Real Madrid fans or CR7 fan boys.
Donuts
Donuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Sat Jun 30, 2012 2:58 am

Nah..the only time in his career that he took the first penalty in a shootout was against Bayern,
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Gil Sat Jun 30, 2012 3:04 am

Le Samourai wrote:Nah..the only time in his career that he took the first penalty in a shootout was against Bayern,

Logic doesn't apply to Ronaldo.

EDIT: Lol at all the Messi fanbois flooding this thread. :facepalm:
Gil
Gil
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Dnmac4 Sat Jun 30, 2012 3:14 am

The Verminator wrote:Just throwing my 2 cents in.

I know alot of you guys think that having your best penalty taker shoot last is absolute stupidity, but there is a reason why it is done sometimes. At a time where that penalty can either make you go through to the next stage or go home, you would want your best penalty taker to take the shot, as for usually they are more composed and better shooters of the ball (in regards to spot kicks). Taking the first penalty and taking the last is not the same thing. And more often than not, you want your best penalty taker taking the most crucial penalty.

I don't mean to get into any type of argument with anyone here but there are two simple facts here that cannot be argued.

1) No one knows when the most important (or winning/Final) penalty shot will be taken. Both teams could go 5/5 or 1 team 3/3 and the other 0/3 so there is no reason guessing at it.

2) IF you are put near the top of the order you are guaranteed to shoot and help your team in the shootout if you score.

These two FACTS are concrete and simple math. So again there is no reason to guess at it or argue it. Therefore like I have said before it is a coaching fact that you put your best PK taker in the top of the order, period.

All the momentum stuff or your best guy will be more calm at the end that is all speculation, the two laws of math are not.
Dnmac4
Dnmac4
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by The Messiah Sat Jun 30, 2012 3:33 am

Why don't we name some certain fans here Power Rangers or samurai jack, they are always here to defend blindly.

The Messiah
The Messiah
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Chelsea

http://pose-grpp.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Sat Jun 30, 2012 3:38 am

^ You can't possibly be referring to me.
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by billionmillion Sat Jun 30, 2012 3:46 am

So Mourinho was stupid to put Ronaldo first against Bayern then? if best takes it at the end? or del bosque was stupid to put their best penalty taker first?

first penalty is the most important if you miss your team will lose their soul. in 80% situations the best takes first. drogba gerrard and shevchenko also can feel pressure to take first, bringing them doesnt mean they did not get scared
billionmillion
billionmillion
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by II Capitano Sat Jun 30, 2012 3:52 am

Fabregas took the last penalty against Italy in Euro 2008 which happened to be the winning penalty. Fabregas took the last penalty against Portugal in Euro 2012. He scored both. Ronaldo took last penalty against England in World Cup 2006, and scored. He never got to take last penalty against Spain in Euro 2012. Get over yourselves.

All that has to be said is that no matter how many goals and great performances he puts in, there will always be those who find little things to criticise him for.
II Capitano
II Capitano
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmonica Sat Jun 30, 2012 3:59 am

Nevermind.
Harmonica
Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by billionmillion Sat Jun 30, 2012 4:04 am

fabregas or ronaldo was not the best penalty takers in their teams at that time. in this match the most important penalty was 4th one, if you miss you are out

every penalty is the most important one. who said 5th penalty is the most important this is a joke. there is no guarantee for 5th penalty why coach has to go for the most stupid tactics. the thing is the most popular player in the team has the most ego and can do whatever he wants (specially in national teams). he will of course choose the best option for himself
billionmillion
billionmillion
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmonica Sat Jun 30, 2012 4:05 am

II Capitano wrote:Fabregas took the last penalty against Italy in Euro 2008 which happened to be the winning penalty. Fabregas took the last penalty against Portugal in Euro 2012. He scored both. Ronaldo took last penalty against England in World Cup 2006, and scored. He never got to take last penalty against Spain in Euro 2012. Get over yourselves.

All that has to be said is that no matter how many goals and great performances he puts in, there will always be those who find little things to criticise him for.
At the time RvN took penalties in ManU. Also lol at Fabregas being the absolute best penalty taker.
Harmonica
Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by II Capitano Sat Jun 30, 2012 4:09 am

I don't think you got what I meant. It's a superstition footballers have. Obviously Fabregas is going to take the last one again because it worked for him previously against Italy. And obviously Ronaldo is going to take the last penalty because it worked for him against England. Wipe this first penalty taker concept out your head, you're just looking for something complicated.
II Capitano
II Capitano
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum: