Onyx
urbaNRoots
The Franchise
Gil
36 posters

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

AVB at Spurs

Andre Villas Boas To Spuds: Done Deal - Page 4 Vote_lcap42%Andre Villas Boas To Spuds: Done Deal - Page 4 Voting_bar 42% 
[ 10 ]
Andre Villas Boas To Spuds: Done Deal - Page 4 Vote_lcap25%Andre Villas Boas To Spuds: Done Deal - Page 4 Voting_bar 25% 
[ 6 ]
Andre Villas Boas To Spuds: Done Deal - Page 4 Vote_lcap33%Andre Villas Boas To Spuds: Done Deal - Page 4 Voting_bar 33% 
[ 8 ]

Total Votes : 24

Andre Villas Boas To Spuds: Done Deal - Page 4 Empty Re: Andre Villas Boas To Spuds: Done Deal

Post by Abramovich Tue 03 Jul 2012, 20:03

Good tactical manager, great mind in that respect but a shitty arse man manager for sure.

He's at Spuds now so hope he crashes and burns banana

Abramovich
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Andre Villas Boas To Spuds: Done Deal - Page 4 Empty Re: Andre Villas Boas To Spuds: Done Deal

Post by Onyx Tue 03 Jul 2012, 20:13

Don't Valencia already have a new manager?

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Eman Tue 03 Jul 2012, 21:20

I think he will get some decent results for a while, but I doubt they will compete for the title at this moment since they haven't really strengthened yet this summer.
Eman
Eman
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Tue 03 Jul 2012, 21:36

Would hope him to do better than Redknapp but that would probably mean Tottenham finishing above Liverpool so can't hope but for him to flop.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Tue 03 Jul 2012, 22:04

Spurs have many problems atm, some of their key players of last season wont probably be there. Modric and van der Vaart are close on leaving the club, Adebayor will return to City as I don't see him taking a pay-cut and their best CB has hinted that he's retiring. Even if they sign Sigurdsson and Vertonghen they have yet to do to replace some other key players to repeat the same success of last season.

However I think AVB will do well enough, hope he flops badly though.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by guest7 Tue 03 Jul 2012, 22:45

He will flop like he did with Chelsea imo.

Great news for Arsenal though.

Last edited by Se7en on Tue 03 Jul 2012, 22:47; edited 2 times in total
guest7
guest7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Tue 03 Jul 2012, 22:46

it's not lol. I would rather have redknapp than him.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Barrett Tue 03 Jul 2012, 23:10

Se7en wrote:He will flop like he did with Chelsea imo.

Great news for Arsenal though.
I think he'll do better. Making the same mistake twice is stupidity. I doubt he's that stupid. As far as spudz stay out of the top 4 and as far as we keep beating them, I'm fine with whatever he does.
Blue Barrett
Blue Barrett
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by che Fri 10 Aug 2012, 12:05

got his ass handed to him by pellegrino who never coached against a top division team before Laughing

spurs defence was all over the place, paco (who, incidentally, never started against a top division team either) was causing gallas and vertonghen all kinds of problems, and they were shit offensively, couldn't get past the amazing quartet of gago-tino-costa-ruiz

spurs to finish outside europeans spots :coffee:
che
che
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Benfica

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Fri 10 Aug 2012, 13:02

That's more like it Very Happy
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Valencia

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Fri 10 Aug 2012, 13:40

Said it a few times during pre season i think Spurs are the most likely team from last years top 6 to disappoint IMO.

New manager, top scorer not replaced, best midfielder and playmaker looking like he's on his way and not even been linked with a replacement.

The whole Modric saga has been detrimental to spurs success, like it was last window.

Just like with Chelsea, Spurs have a lot of unanswered questions that no one seems to know the answers to.

Would not be surprised at all if they flatter to deceive.

BTW I'm not hoping or hating lol.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Abramovich Fri 10 Aug 2012, 13:49

AVB and a shambles of a defence, sounds familiar Laughing
Abramovich
Abramovich
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Napoli

Back to top Go down

Post by the xcx Fri 10 Aug 2012, 15:23

It was just a bad game. Spurs will be back on track.
the xcx
the xcx
Banned (Decade)

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Fri 10 Aug 2012, 15:34

Levy should just sell Modric as soon as possible and look for replacements.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Fri 10 Aug 2012, 16:03

Pre-season games = doesn't matter.

mtfootball wrote:Levy should just sell Modric as soon as possible and look for replacements.

Yes. It's fine holding out for a good fee on your player, but it seems that the Modric saga is hindering Tottenham's efforts to recruit the players they need.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Fri 10 Aug 2012, 16:14

Moutinho would be a good option. Atm I don't think Spurs are good enough for top 4.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Fri 10 Aug 2012, 18:28

It's preseason Laughing
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Fri 10 Aug 2012, 18:34

CBarca wrote:It's preseason Laughing

My post wasn't based on pre-season it was based on opinion looking at your squad going into the season.

2 most important players likely to not be at the club and not replaced among many other reasons it's an arguable point to make.

I have not even watched your games or aware of your results lol.

Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Fri 10 Aug 2012, 18:43

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:
CBarca wrote:It's preseason Laughing

My post wasn't based on pre-season it was based on opinion looking at your squad going into the season.

2 most important players likely to not be at the club and not replaced among many other reasons it's an arguable point to make.

I have not even watched your games or aware of your results lol.

It's not directed at you it's directed at everybody talking about the 2-0 at the Mestalla.

You actually have fair (and fairly depressing from my POV) points. If Spurs don't get some replacements/organization soon, things don't look good. With AVB in charge I'm very confident that Spurs will be on an upswing, but I think it might take a while for that to settle in, especially with the whole Modric saga that's hurting us.

I was too optimistic before, and I don't see immediate success this season (still think Spurs will do well obviously). I do see success in the future though, and in abundance Very Happy

Need a fking striker :facepalm:
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Fri 10 Aug 2012, 18:57

Oh right fair enough.

Modric saga is definitely a detriment to Spurs progress, it seems his direction be it staying or going needs to be decided before Spurs act.

My whole mantra i have been using for Newcastle this window applies to Spurs too. ( Judge when the window closes)

So we will see but Modric seemingly off and Adebayor not joining leaves two gaping holes that need filling if they fill them then they might have success if not then it will be extremely disappointing i feel.

Be interesting to see how the top 7 teams line up come the end of the window, i actually expect all 7 to have made additions by then.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by che Fri 10 Aug 2012, 18:59

the league starts in a week and both teams were playing their best possible XIs

yah, pre-season...
che
che
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Fri 10 Aug 2012, 19:20

:coffee:

Last edited by Great Leader Sprucenuce on Fri 10 Aug 2012, 19:32; edited 1 time in total
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by che Fri 10 Aug 2012, 19:26

hence "best possible", we were missing guaita, rami, banega, canales and soldado, literally our 5 best players...
che
che
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Fri 10 Aug 2012, 19:42

I'm sure Guaita Rami, Banega, Canales and Soldado would get into Spurs' team.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Fri 10 Aug 2012, 19:56

It's still a friendly, things will be much different in a weeks time, I don't look much into any friendly game as indicative of the season ahead. I mean the fact that both were "best possible" instead of "starting XI" says enough in itself.

I guess you can say there are some fair points to be made about Spurs, but I'd rather wait for the league to comment.
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by DeletedUser#1 Sun 27 Oct 2013, 18:44

3, 1-0 wins all by non-existent penalties.

his team plays some of the most boring, and turgid stuff in PL. Even their own fans in Glory Glory hate their style of play. Can't wait until their *penalty* luck runs out. Awful team that won't finish in the top 6.

DeletedUser#1
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Atletico Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next