REWB
Onyx
Ganso
26 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Montolivo Fan Club  - Page 3 Empty Re: Montolivo Fan Club

Post by Kaladin Thu Nov 15, 2012 12:27 pm

Dante wrote:Montolivo obviously has shown immense skill and put on exciting performances despite all the negative results.
In both the offensive & defensive part of his game , he has been a joy to watch.

I also think Allegri should give Monty more free kick opportunities . So far , he's been taking the ones from long distance. He should take these on the left side , close or wide range as well.

Let Pato take them banana

Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

Post by Dante Thu Nov 15, 2012 12:56 pm

El Shaarawy wrote:
Dante wrote:Montolivo obviously has shown immense skill and put on exciting performances despite all the negative results.
In both the offensive & defensive part of his game , he has been a joy to watch.

I also think Allegri should give Monty more free kick opportunities . So far , he's been taking the ones from long distance. He should take these on the left side , close or wide range as well.

Let Pato take them banana

pigeons would abandon San Siro's roof for good Laughing

we may joke and all , but Pato scored 2 free-kicks with the primavera in one match , before his comeback . With a lot of practise , me thinks he could do it , why not
Dante
Dante
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Dante Sun Nov 25, 2012 7:50 pm

Montolivo captain !

:bow:
Dante
Dante
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Ganso Sun Nov 25, 2012 8:22 pm

I dont even miss Pirlo anymore :bow:
Ganso
Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by dostoevsky Wed Feb 20, 2013 10:31 pm

Take a bow, son. Take a bow.

Absolutely imperious tonight, my man of the match.
dostoevsky
dostoevsky
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Wed Feb 20, 2013 10:32 pm

1 word
Ephemeral
Absolutley Ephemeral display
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Ganso Wed Feb 20, 2013 10:32 pm

Ganso wrote:I dont even miss Pirlo anymore :bow:
and today showed why.Pirlo wouldnt have done half of what he did today.immense :bow: Am I wrong to say that he is world class now?
Ganso
Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Ganso Wed Feb 20, 2013 10:33 pm

Ganso wrote:Anyone watching the Italy game atm?Hes great...the guy will be one of the top cms in world football if he plays like this throughout the season.Too bad Balotelli screws everything up,i hope we never sign him :facepalm:

Abate is playing well too.Cassano is kind of meh,losing a lot of possession
LOL
Ganso
Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by dostoevsky Wed Feb 20, 2013 10:36 pm

Given that most people consider Fabregas to be world class and Montolivo ate him alive today, why not :coffee:
dostoevsky
dostoevsky
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Wed Feb 20, 2013 10:47 pm

Montolivo reminds me so much of Cabaye. ( before anyone thinks i'm saying Cabaye is better don't be im not Razz)

His brain and passing range is immense, but its not just that but his work rate, positional sense to stop passes etc etc is a class above.

I have to been able to watch you this season as much as i'd like ( mainly because ESPN hardly show you ) but i can see why Arq hypes Montolivo now.

He does so much stuff that go under the radar and you don't truly know what you're missing till he's out the side.

Which is where the Cabaye comparison comes in, but alas a brilliant performance and finally showing consistency to go along with his talent it seems.

Which is one of the reasons i didn't believe the high praise from Arq because of his known inconsistency troubles for Fiorentina.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Xifio Thu Feb 21, 2013 1:15 am

Rickinch wrote:
Xifio wrote:finally: contrary to some people in this thread, I think there's a lot to like about the setup Max chose ... sure, I wouldn't mind seeing 1 or 2 personnel changes, but Monty as DLP is an excellent tactical decision -- and I thought he thrived in that role tonight ... it would take a bold manager to play a similar setup against Barça; with Ste being able to slot straight in for Mario in the 9.5 role, I personally would like to see it happen (regardless of how admittedly unlikely that might be) ...
Highly agree there Xifio, Monty's passes as DLP tonight were delicious :F
and again! against Barça! cheers
Xifio
Xifio
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Milantildeath Thu Feb 21, 2013 2:36 am

Montolivo total GOAT!!!! Outclassed Xavi, Iniesta, Fabregas, and Messi.
Milantildeath
Milantildeath
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Milan31 Thu Feb 21, 2013 3:16 am

Monti > Barca Mid

I think so Very Happy

Always knew Monti was huge for us, and finally, he gets recognized :bow:
Milan31
Milan31
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Wed Apr 17, 2013 11:52 am

76 - @OfficialMonto has attempted the most passes to switch flanks in Serie A this season, 76. Vision.
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

Post by Rossoneri Ninja Wed Apr 17, 2013 1:27 pm

Very impressive and hardworking season for Monto. The only good thing that came out of De Jong's injury was it forced Monto to shelf a considerable amount of the defensive load in midfield. Which in turn has made him a near complete midfielder.

Rossoneri Ninja
Rossoneri Ninja
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by •MilanDevil• Wed Apr 17, 2013 3:49 pm

For me, Montolivo is the Italian Schweinsteiger.
•MilanDevil•
•MilanDevil•
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Milantildeath Thu Apr 18, 2013 6:24 am

Montolivo is the most complete player in Serie A in my honest opinion
Milantildeath
Milantildeath
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Fri Jun 07, 2013 5:03 pm

@Whoscored Riccardo Montolivo: Completed more accurate long balls (386) than any other player in Europe's top 5 leagues this season

:bow:
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

Post by Zlatan Tue Jun 25, 2013 6:11 am

Our New Capitano :bow:

I hope that it means Montolivo is safe and not for sale

Zlatan
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Dante Thu Oct 03, 2013 4:52 pm

So glad to have him back , even though he didn't begin the season in the best way possible.. has had an injury too . Montolivo has to take charge from here after , drive us on like he did last season. We need his leadership on the field and his quality .

I have a feeling he will be a beast as the season is going on.. he already has had a couple of assists and one we find our feet , i think he will have a significant contribution to show in our games.
Dante
Dante
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Dante Fri Jan 16, 2015 2:44 pm

http://www.football-italia.net/61277/montolivo-%E2%80%98milan%E2%80%99s-problems-are-mental%E2%80%99

Riccardo Montolivo says Milan’s struggles this season are down to their mentality, and discusses Mario Balotelli and Fernando Torres.

The Rossoneri are currently eighth in Serie A after a draw with Torino and a home defeat to Sassuolo since the winter break, but the Italian international doesn’t believe it’s a lack of quality which is hampering the team.

“Our problem is mental,” Montolivo explained to Gazzetta dello Sport.

“We’ve failed to stay switched on and focused for 90 minutes. That’s the difference between a great team, and one like us which has ‘only’ great players.

“We struggle a bit against those who look to sit deep and defend, because we have fast players, almost counter-attackers.

“What’s the right League position for Milan? For now, the one we have. Juve and Roma are stronger than us.

“But with the right spirit and the work we’re doing to grow from a mental point of view we can compete with everyone else.

“Tactically we can play with a classic centre-forward, or [Jeremy] Menez who makes attacking movements. That’s not what has affected our performance.

“I prefer a striker who likes to run deep, it’s easier to give them the ball. Could we play 4-2-3-1? We’d risk being ultra-attacking, because of the characteristics of our wingers, but personally I wouldn’t have problems, I played that role well for [Clarence] Seedorf and [Cesare] Prandelli.

“To me, Napoli seem the team best equipped for third place. It’s true that [Silvio] Berlusconi doesn’t think so, but that’s because the President dreams big.

“We have to deal with that reality, he has undeniable charisma and each time he visits us [at Milanello] it makes us happy and gives us a boost, talking to him is exciting.

“Inter? We hope to make third place ahead of them. This is the time for us to look in the mirror and ask what we want to be.”

The Milan captain also discussed the departures of Mario Balotelli and Fernando Torres, and gave his opinions on the struggles of the two strikers.

“Torres had problems adapting and because of Menez’s explosion in form. Torres is a great guy.

“When I think back to Balotelli, the first thing I do is laugh. Mario was fun, he’s a good guy.

“I think it’s a shame we didn’t see his talent every Sunday. Even in training we saw it in flashes. Balotelli needs to get his priorities in order.”

http://www.football-italia.net/61278/%E2%80%98inzaghi-prandelli%E2%80%99

Milan Coach Filippo Inzaghi is reminiscent of former Italy CT Cesare Prandelli, according to Riccardo Montolivo.

The Rossoneri have struggled this season under Inzaghi’s guidance, currently sitting eighth in Serie A, but Montolivo backs the tactician to turn things around.

“He has great authority, which isn’t a guaranteed skill in someone so young,” the playmaker told Gazzetta dello Sport.

“He’s a rallying point for all of us, he has very clear ideas about the game, he reminds of me of Prandelli at Fiorentina.

“He’s still learning, he’ll make mistakes but he can become a great Coach.

“Is he nice to us? I wouldn’t say that! I can think of a couple of situations where he was really angry, against Genoa and Sassuolo for example.

“It’s in his blood, he’s very visceral. He lives and breathes the game. Maybe right now he motivates us more with the stick than the carrot.”

The 29-year-old also discussed Milan’s aims for the season, and says qualification for the Europa League would not represent success.

“I don’t have any trophies, I’m at zero but I’m still proud. I retain an affection for Atalanta, and I was captain at a great club like Fiorentina.

“I’ve played in the final of the European Champions and the European Cup, I’ve played at a World Cup and almost a second one.

“Circumstances have kept me away from winning things, maybe at the big teams there were better players than me.

“The Coppa Italia is our primary goal this season, and we demonstrated that the other night. I’d like to start [winning trophies] with that.

“Europa League? It’d be a better season than last season, but not satisfactory.”

This part is from the FB , Milan Fans

https://www.facebook.com/ACM.MILAN/photos/a.165093646866750.30548.164226816953433/857167497659358/?type=1&theater

Montolivo had an exclusive interview with #GdS today. Here are some of the highlights of what he had to say.

"I personally feel my best position in in front of the defence playing as a regista. But I play where the coach wants me to as one of my strengths is the ability to adapt."

"Third place? I do not have a magic wand."

"Our problem this year so far has been a mental issue. We closed out 2014 extremely well. However, we've been unable to stay focused for the course of 90 minutes and we've been plugged back on several occasions."

"Our main competitor for third place is definitely Napoli. They seem to be the best equipped team for it."

"The President is inspiring and has lots of charisma. He cannot solve all the problems by himself. Big purchases are welcome, but it is more vital to work on what we have currently."

"Inter's market? No, we are not scared even if they've made big purchases."

"Inzaghi has a great authoritative presence and is very good for his age. However, he's still learning and thus, he is prone to his mistakes. He reminds me of Prandelli."

"Torres is a great guy. Unfortunately, he was taking too long to acclimatize to Serie A and Menez was doing very well."

"The captain's armband was a dream for me. As a captain, I try to lead by example and do less talking."

"We have a lot of players who are from Atalanta. I'd like to see Baselli join us."

"Atalanta is always an emotional experience for me, coming from there when I was just starting my career."

"Conceding from set pieces? It's frustrating because we work on it so much."

"Balotelli is a great guy. I miss seeing his talent. Even in training, he'd show glimpses. He needs to get his priorities in order."

"El Shaarawy and De Sciglio? They are the gems of Italy. They need to be more tough both physically and mentally."

sigh.. i eagerly await the time he plays in his position again .

As for the rest , much love Montolivo , speaking the truth and making sense Proud Proud
Dante
Dante
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3