LWL91
Tomwin Lannister
Juventino89
Juventude
11 posters

Go down

Giovinco ready for Juve No 10 Empty Giovinco ready for Juve No 10

Post by Juventude Thu Jun 21, 2012 4:41 pm

Sebastian Giovinco would have no hesitation in inheriting the Juventus No 10 shirt from Alessandro Del Piero, says his agent.

The 25-year-old is expected to return to the Turin giants this summer just as Del Piero will wave goodbye to the outfit.

“Giovinco will have no problem with whatever number shirt he is given,” Andrea D’Amico told TMW on Thursday.

“It doesn’t matter to him that he has the No 20 in the national side which belonged to Paolo Rossi, nor that the No 10 at Juventus was worn by players such as Michel Platini, Roberto Baggio and Del Piero.

“Sebastian is ready.”
Juventude
Juventude
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Giovinco ready for Juve No 10 Empty Re: Giovinco ready for Juve No 10

Post by Juventino89 Thu Jun 21, 2012 4:52 pm

Lets wait one season and see if he
Is worth it.
Juventino89
Juventino89
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Thu Jun 21, 2012 4:53 pm

He still has to prove alot to me, I will be watching him very closely if he indeed comes back to Juventus.

Before everybody attacks him for saying he doesn't care about Juventus legends, all he's saying is he just wants to get a shirt and play his own football instead of worrying about who has had that number.
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by LWL91 Thu Jun 21, 2012 6:35 pm

Let me put a thought in your heads..
Giving Giovinco the number 10 would perhaps motivate and boost him in terms of confidence so that he'll actually transfer his winning formula from his Parma time to Juventus. With Giovinco #10 it's a signal that our own youth products can achieve same jerseys (not status anytime yet) as the big legends we once had (bought from elsewhere) to win us glory.. It's a symbol of the future.

The fact that our own talents can actually go all the way up and feature as starters for the first team is a milestone in youth systems.. I might be wrong in my juve-history but when is that last time we had two completely home grown players in our starting lineup, and that in a winning team consisting of top quality players all around with loads of competition..?

Giovinco is italian. I like to continue supplying the azzurri with juventus players and even better - home grown players. If he scored 15 goals and provided something like 12 assists next season and did not become the top scorer (as we've landed some big name CF in the meantime who would become a topscorer of Juve or perhaps Serie A) I honestly think he has become a top class footballer. How many SS' do you see with that sort of statistics anyway??
LWL91
LWL91
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Juventude Thu Jun 21, 2012 7:51 pm

I agree with what you said, LWL91. I also think we need to get over the idea that every player to wear the number 10 for Juve is going to be an all-time great. It should go to one of our most creative attacking players that is likely to have a relatively long playing career with the club.
Juventude
Juventude
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by davidsNC Fri Jun 22, 2012 1:23 am

LWL91 wrote:Let me put a thought in your heads..
Giving Giovinco the number 10 would perhaps motivate and boost him in terms of confidence so that he'll actually transfer his winning formula from his Parma time to Juventus. With Giovinco #10 it's a signal that our own youth products can achieve same jerseys (not status anytime yet) as the big legends we once had (bought from elsewhere) to win us glory.. It's a symbol of the future.

The fact that our own talents can actually go all the way up and feature as starters for the first team is a milestone in youth systems.. I might be wrong in my juve-history but when is that last time we had two completely home grown players in our starting lineup, and that in a winning team consisting of top quality players all around with loads of competition..?

Giovinco is italian. I like to continue supplying the azzurri with juventus players and even better - home grown players. If he scored 15 goals and provided something like 12 assists next season and did not become the top scorer (as we've landed some big name CF in the meantime who would become a topscorer of Juve or perhaps Serie A) I honestly think he has become a top class footballer. How many SS' do you see with that sort of statistics anyway??

you make good points. I'm not against gio wearing the #10. the only thing i worry about would be the pressure... the hypothesis you propose is very possible. however, it is also possible that the weight of the #10 jersey hampers his play. whatever his number, i'm excited that the atomic ant is back, that we have home grown players in our 1st 11, and i'll support all of them no matter what number is on the back of their shirts....
davidsNC
davidsNC
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by davidsNC Fri Jun 22, 2012 1:27 am

taking your hypothesis another step forward, if seb, marchisio and pdc do well, that could help juve to recruit more and more young prospects. when people see our youth players move up through the ranks, they'll be more likely to come to turin to try to perfect their trade. that could lead to juve making/ getting some really good players for cheap
davidsNC
davidsNC
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Nomad Fri Jun 22, 2012 1:32 am

He should get #11. If we get Jovetic, I think he should be our next number 10, otherwise superman Gigi should take and use it with the captain's armband.
Nomad
Nomad
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Fri Jun 22, 2012 1:34 am

You already have Giovinco, what do you need Jovetic for?

i am pumped about this transfer, i think Gio will take the world of football by storm next year. You need a finisher now.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Nomad Fri Jun 22, 2012 1:44 am

Mr Nick09 wrote:You already have Giovinco, what do you need Jovetic for?

i am pumped about this transfer, i think Gio will take the world of football by storm next year. You need a finisher now.

You do have a point. However, Del Piero has left and the link between the midfield is where we are severely short. Vucinic is inconsistent and can't be relied on all the time, Giovinco has only one good season behind him. We need more arsenal there.

Moreover, Jovetic can play 'Kaka's role' and he can play with either Giovinco or Vucinic as neither of the latter two is a real trequartista.
Nomad
Nomad
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Fri Jun 22, 2012 1:59 am

well, you have a midfield trio and in all likeliness you will altern between a 433 and a 352, so i think Giovinco is enough. the 3 man midfield is set and wont change, so you will attack with 2 or 3 front men. If it's a 2 man attack, then Giovinco is enough, if it's a 3 man attack then you need wide men, and you have a couple. If anything, you could use someone like Afellay
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by fenomenalex10 Fri Jun 22, 2012 2:46 am

Noone should get 10 for idk mabe 3 years and the next star should get it,

scratch
fenomenalex10
fenomenalex10
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by C.Marchisio #8 Fri Jun 22, 2012 11:45 am

I wouldnt mind Gigi to take no.10 instead of Gio coz i think that he dont deserve it ..Even Marchisio deserve no.10 more than Gio
C.Marchisio #8
C.Marchisio #8
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by S Fri Jun 22, 2012 11:53 am

Yup we will be buying either Mandzukic or Destro as our "Top" player now.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Fri Jun 22, 2012 12:16 pm

Surag wrote:

scratch what happened to signing Higuain, RVP or Cavani?
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by S Fri Jun 22, 2012 12:25 pm

Mr Nick09 wrote:
Surag wrote:

scratch what happened to signing Higuain, RVP or Cavani?

Those are just false hopes..Marotta came out yesterday and said that "we dont need a top player ,but one who fits the system"..Basically signalling the end in the quest for a "big name" player

And we are very interested in Destro ,alternative seems to be Mandzukic.

I dont think we will be signing one tbh..If we are lucky we might end up with Dzeko who at this point ,even he would seem like a superstar signing.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Fri Jun 22, 2012 1:22 pm

love what Marotta is dont but refusing to buy a big star player in a world where clubs like city, Madrid etc buy 2 or 3 at will seems wrong. Agnelli wants to compete in Europe and not "be there just to make up the numbers"

Well, it aint going to happen straight away buying prospects. Money is not an issue and we need a clinical CF.

Milan have Ibra, Pato
Bayern have Gomez, Pizzaro
City Aguero, Tevez, Balo and Dzeko to a lesser degree
Madrid Higuain + Benzema rotating
Barcelona... Messi, Villa, sanchez to get goals
RVP for Arsenal
And many more clubs are similar.

Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by LWL91 Fri Jun 22, 2012 1:29 pm

Signing Destro would with all certainty mean goodbye to Matri.. And with the departures of our well-known deadwood I believe we should be able to gather something in the region of 25-35m € for a top player. The sitaution is tough as we can't afford the City strikers due to their wages and signing RvP doesn't seem ideal IMO. I think he's too old for our project here..

The criteria of signing a new top level CF is therefore the following;
- 26 years or younger.
- Affordable wages.
- High workrate due to Contes tactics.
- Technically gifted due to Contes tactics.
- A Minimum of 20 goals a season in either of the past two seasons.
- No prima donnas (Balotelli etc)

Those points eliminates quite a lot of options for top class strikers. Remember, we're not looking for talent or prospects, we're looking for a "big name"..

Robert Lewandowski is the best fit IMO..
LWL91
LWL91
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Thu Jun 28, 2012 8:52 am

Give this man #10

GIOVINCO :bow:
jibers
jibers