"There is no reason why a top player, a big champion would want a move to Serie A ''-Wenger - Page 2 Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

"There is no reason why a top player, a big champion would want a move to Serie A ''-Wenger

+50
Kaladin
futbol
FennecFox7
Milantildeath
Gemini
MrDeeds
RedOranje
jibers
leemhuis
Grande_Milano
Luca
Gomez83
TalkingReckless
gunner1987
Doc
The Franchise
Rossonero23
Lex
Arquitecto
Raptorgunner
Tifoso Romanista
BigBadBen
Ganso
BarrileteCosmico
mzamani
RobbyV
Tomwin Lannister
Onyx
Zealous
Eivindo
DuringTheWar
Swanhends
7amood11
Jack Daniels
spanky
REWB
Forza
Mr Nick09
urbaNRoots
halamadrid2
Kingofeverythingclassy
Great Leader Sprucenuce
S
dronte
kiranr
Sri
guest7
Dante
Cassius
Adit
54 posters

Page 2 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 10, 11, 12  Next

Go down

"There is no reason why a top player, a big champion would want a move to Serie A ''-Wenger - Page 2 Empty Re: "There is no reason why a top player, a big champion would want a move to Serie A ''-Wenger

Post by S Wed Jun 20, 2012 11:52 am

If he prolongs his career with Arsenal especially with Wenger in charge he wont win much..If he is lucky maybe 1 or 2 Carling Cups or maybe an FA Cup.

I dont see him joining Juventus but i think City will most probably his likely destination.

S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

"There is no reason why a top player, a big champion would want a move to Serie A ''-Wenger - Page 2 Empty Re: "There is no reason why a top player, a big champion would want a move to Serie A ''-Wenger

Post by halamadrid2 Wed Jun 20, 2012 11:53 am

srigooner wrote:Also, the 'money' argument becomes invalid if you talk La Liga. I don't need statistics to compare what Real Madrid or Barcelona pay their players and what is the wage cap at Arsenal. As does the 'reputation of the league' argument - otherwise you won't have every half decent player wanting to run to Barcelona or Madrid and more than half the agents linking their clients to those teams.

only very senior players get alot in Madrid along with Ronaldo and Kaka(who is one we want to offload)

the highest earner after Ronaldo/Kaka is Iker if i am not mistaken he gets about €6 mill a year
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Wed Jun 20, 2012 11:53 am

Adit wrote:"He will stay at Arsenal," Wenger told Italian newspaper La Repubblica. "There is no reason why a top player, a big champion would want a move to Serie A - in terms of the prestige of the league, the level of play or financial considerations."

Emphasising his confidence, Wenger added: "If he moves there, I will buy you a caramello [Italian ice cream]."

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story/_/id/1109372/wenger-belittles-rvp-juventus-link?cc=4716

Shocked

"In Italy there are big problems and your league is at a level lower than the Premier League. Serie A is at a low level now," he was quoted as saying by Corriere dello Sport.

"There is no reason at all why a great player like [Van Persie] should come and play with you, in Italy, in your league.

"Football players get paid better in England, you have not heard of the new television contracts?

"The Italian league was once extraordinary, and I remember well, when the league had 16 teams and each team had their own champion. Now it is not the case."

http://www.goal.com/en/news/10/italy/2012/06/20/3187767/van-persie-too-good-for-low-level-serie-a-claims-wenger

________

Thats from the lol.com website, which are infamous for hating Arsenal (check any Arsenal forum for hate threads).

Puts quite a different spin on the story and the source now, doesn't it?

Lols at the journalism either way.

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Wed Jun 20, 2012 11:58 am

Wenger better makes sure van Persie doesn't leave so he doesn't make himself look like a fool again.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Dante Wed Jun 20, 2012 11:59 am

srigooner wrote:
Dante wrote:
srigooner wrote:
Adit wrote:But he clearly does look like a fool when we consider an italian team trashed his team 4-0 in CL. Laughing

On that pitch? What about the 3-0 drubbing in the return leg, on which fans of the same team in question conceded on being outplayed? Laughing

Still butthurt ? Move on dude

Not butthurt mate. See my above post. Just trying to refute the wonderful logic of calling a manager a lose on the basis of one match.

you could always do that without discrediting Milan's win though or the Milanisti who had only the best words to say about Arsenal that night , despite the fact we all knew Milan took that game lightly .

but whatever ; let's move on to the subject.
Dante
Dante
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Wed Jun 20, 2012 12:03 pm

btw that Interview that you posted srigooner, it sounds like he is butthurt to me, that RVP is pondering and/or still unsure whether to go or stay
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Wed Jun 20, 2012 12:04 pm

So Serie A is good enough for Totti, Ibra, Maicon, TS, Lucio, Cambiasso, Sneijder, Pirlo, Chiellini, Buffon, Julio Cesar, Vidal, Cassano, Cavani, Maggio, De Rossi, Stekelenburg, Hernanes etc etc

But it's not good enough for RVP aka big champion who has never won a single trophy since becoming a first team player....

Righto Laughing

BTW i seem to remember Wenger being similar butthurt last year when the Cesc rumours went in to overdrive and took it upon himself to question the quality of La Liga and why any top player would go there....

Bye Bye RVP Laughing
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Wed Jun 20, 2012 12:04 pm

Dante wrote:
srigooner wrote:
Dante wrote:
srigooner wrote:
Adit wrote:But he clearly does look like a fool when we consider an italian team trashed his team 4-0 in CL. Laughing

On that pitch? What about the 3-0 drubbing in the return leg, on which fans of the same team in question conceded on being outplayed? Laughing

Still butthurt ? Move on dude

Not butthurt mate. See my above post. Just trying to refute the wonderful logic of calling a manager a lose on the basis of one match.

you could always do that without discrediting Milan's win though or the Milanisti who had only the best words to say about Arsenal that night , despite the fact we all knew Milan took that game lightly .

but whatever ; let's move on to the subject.

Lol.. Sorry it came out that way, not my intention.. That was the worst performance of the season (well, second worst - I 8-2 admit it) by Arsenal, poor pitch or not.. And Milan did give us a good raping there, as I admitted back then as well..

Point remains, can't compare two leagues based on 2 matches.. And the quotes from goal.com put the entire thing into a different perspective altogether..

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Wed Jun 20, 2012 12:06 pm

halamadrid2 wrote:btw that Interview that you posted srigooner, it sounds like he is butthurt to me, that RVP is pondering and/or still unsure whether to go or stay

It could well be.. Wenger is notorious for selling dummies to the journalists.. I wouldn't be half surprised if RvP came back from his vacation and announced he was moving to Italy!

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Wed Jun 20, 2012 12:07 pm

The real interview from Corriere Dello Sport

http://www.corrieredellosport.it/calcio/euro_2012/2012/06/20-247030/Wenger%3A+%C2%ABVan+Persie+non+andr%C3%A0+alla+Juve%C2%BB

Slightly different from the one Adit posted.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by S Wed Jun 20, 2012 12:16 pm

Forget about the league..

Would Van Persie be moving to a much bigger and much more ambitious club ?

Yes :coffee: I think so.

Scudetto is still a valued piece of silverware(I mean winning any league especially a Top 4 league would mean a big trophy in itself) and with the kind of squad we're building we would be able to challenge for all three fronts next season call me deluded or whatever..Atleast there's heavy ambition within the club and management.And the new stadium to top things off.

Anyways i dont see him coming here for various reasons.

Wenger's comments reeks of insecurity..It would be in the best interest of Arsenal if they get rid of him imo :coffee:
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Wed Jun 20, 2012 12:21 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:So Serie A is good enough for Totti, Ibra, Maicon, TS, Lucio, Cambiasso, Sneijder, Pirlo, Chiellini, Buffon, Julio Cesar, Vidal, Cassano, Cavani, Maggio, De Rossi, Stekelenburg, Hernanes etc etc

But it's not good enough for RVP aka big champion who has never won a single trophy since becoming a first team player....

Righto Laughing

BTW i seem to remember Wenger being similar butthurt last year when the Cesc rumours went in to overdrive and took it upon himself to question the quality of La Liga and why any top player would go there....

Bye Bye RVP Laughing

very well said Mole, Wenger's Arsenal is not a Champions team anymore, and it will take time to bring back that kind of mentality back. So i can understand him being so bitter. RVP has everything to gain leaving Arsenal, unless he wants to win another 4th or 3rd place trophy next season.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Wed Jun 20, 2012 12:22 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:So Serie A is good enough for Totti, Ibra, Maicon, TS, Lucio, Cambiasso, Sneijder, Pirlo, Chiellini, Buffon, Julio Cesar, Vidal, Cassano, Cavani, Maggio, De Rossi, Stekelenburg, Hernanes etc etc

Righto Laughing

Bye Bye RVP Laughing

He didn't say "big champion" according to the interview on Corriere Dello Sport.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Wed Jun 20, 2012 12:23 pm

Surag wrote:Forget about the league..

Would Van Persie be moving to a much bigger and much more ambitious club ?

Yes :coffee: I think so.

Scudetto is still a valued piece of silverware(I mean winning any league especially a Top 4 league would mean a big trophy in itself) and with the kind of squad we're building we would be able to challenge for all three fronts next season call me deluded or whatever..Atleast there's heavy ambition within the club and management.And the new stadium to top things off.

Anyways i dont see him coming here for various reasons.

Wenger's comments reeks of insecurity..It would be in the best interest of Arsenal if they get rid of him imo :coffee:

Juve would be a front runner if he was to go to Italy no doubt..

But it would do no good to 'get rid of him'.. Despite being an injury plagued player for most of his career, he is now in his peak and in relatively good form.. He is technically good and the club captain.. Plus he has Podolski (and maybe Giroud) to help with the goal scoring.. We should hold on to him, no matter what.. Doesn't sound too good when you sell your captain two summers in a row - I would want to torch a board who approves that, no matter what the money..

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Back to top Go down

Post by Forza Wed Jun 20, 2012 12:27 pm

Dante wrote:

well , that's something good to point out , but the talk here isn't about just 1-2 teams . It's quite general.

Serie A Arsenal cannot offer what EPL , La Liga or Bundesliga Juve offer these days .
A trophy.
Forza
Forza
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Fulham

Back to top Go down

Post by REWB Wed Jun 20, 2012 12:35 pm

Forza Rossoneri wrote:
Dante wrote:

well , that's something good to point out , but the talk here isn't about just 1-2 teams . It's quite general.

Serie A Arsenal cannot offer what EPL , La Liga or Bundesliga Juve offer these days .
A trophy.

lool if juve can win a trophy after being the 7th best team in the league the year before, than arsenal can do it after being the 3rd best team. juve winning the league just looks bad on seria A tbh, no offence.
REWB
REWB
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by kiranr Wed Jun 20, 2012 12:38 pm

REWB wrote:

lool if juve can win a trophy after being the 7th best team in the league the year before, than arsenal can do it after being the 3rd best team. juve winning the league just looks bad on seria A tbh, no offence.

No offence, but that is just bad logic. Barcelona winning the treble after coming third in La Liga looks bad on the whole football world according to that logic.
kiranr
kiranr
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Wed Jun 20, 2012 12:40 pm

I disagree, Conte brought to Juventus a special kind of winning mentality that has disappeared at Arsenal, and they have the best Pirlo we have seen in years, along with one of the best midfield and defensive organization in Europe. Until Arsenal lost that Champions edge, when your manager doesnt consider finishing 4th a trophy, we will see.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Dante Wed Jun 20, 2012 12:41 pm

Forza Rossoneri wrote:
Dante wrote:

A trophy.

lol

but anyway , i believe it's better for Van Persie to stay in Arsenal .
It's not like he will be missing the huge money , unless it is Citeh money.

I don't expect him to move to be frank.
Dante
Dante
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by REWB Wed Jun 20, 2012 12:41 pm

kiranr wrote:
REWB wrote:

No offence, but that is just bad logic. Barcelona winning the treble after coming third in La Liga looks bad on the whole football world according to that logic.

point is, if juve can win the league after being 7th than arsenal can. we have all seen this summer how ambitious arsenal are being, podolski, mvilla,giroud are all very close to coming, what is juve doing? what are they going to do in the CL next season? more ambitious my ASS.
REWB
REWB
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by REWB Wed Jun 20, 2012 12:43 pm

Mr Nick09 wrote:I disagree, Conte brought to Juventus a special kind of winning mentality that has disappeared at Arsenal, and they have the best Pirlo we have seen in years, along with one of the best midfield and defensive organization in Europe. Until Arsenal lost that Champions edge, when your manager doesnt consider finishing 4th a trophy, we will see.

he has already shown this summer, with the players he is going after.
REWB
REWB
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Wed Jun 20, 2012 12:44 pm

Mr Nick09 wrote:I disagree, Conte brought to Juventus a special kind of winning mentality that has disappeared at Arsenal, and they have the best Pirlo we have seen in years, along with one of the best midfield and defensive organization in Europe. Until Arsenal lost that Champions edge, when your manager doesnt consider finishing 4th a trophy, we will see.

Conte bought players and build that mentality, exactly what Wenger is trying to do. And it's not like Wenger never turned a shit team to a champion team.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Wed Jun 20, 2012 12:48 pm

REWB wrote:point is, if juve can win the league after being 7th than arsenal can. we have all seen this summer how ambitious arsenal are being, podolski, mvilla,giroud are all very close to coming, what is juve doing? what are they going to do in the CL next season? more ambitious my ASS.

tbh all these players that you bought have been shocking this EC, hope they dont turn up like that for you because you will be in trouble

Juve don't need many players at all, they only need a forward and they are set, they got to the final of their cup won the league by being unbeaten for the whole season... i am sure they will go very far in CL when they play there next season

Last edited by halamadrid2 on Wed Jun 20, 2012 12:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Wed Jun 20, 2012 12:50 pm

Exactly! Juventus got Giovinco, Isla and Asamoah and are in for van Persie/Cavani. That's pretty ambitious if you ask me.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by Dante Wed Jun 20, 2012 12:51 pm

REWB wrote:
kiranr wrote:
REWB wrote:

point is, if juve can win the league after being 7th than arsenal can. we have all seen this summer how ambitious arsenal are being, podolski, mvilla,giroud are all very close to coming, what is juve doing? what are they going to do in the CL next season? more ambitious my ASS.

I am the last one to defend that deluded club , but they are ambitious as well.

They already have signed Asamoah , Isla and Giovinco . And their best signing hasn't yet come. You can call them whatever you want and i will agree lol , but they are ambitious , that's without a doubt .

Dante
Dante
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Wed Jun 20, 2012 12:51 pm

urbaNRoots wrote:Conte bought players and build that mentality, exactly what Wenger is trying to do. And it's not like Wenger never turned a shit team to a champion team.

Arsenal weren't a broken team that had to climb themselves up from division two because of a mafia president

Wenger has been manager for Arsenal for about 2 or so decades and has only had one good stint(the invincible), look at what Fergie is doing with a bunch of Andersons/Parks.... yes he wins the league multiple times... sorry the day Wenger can do that is the day people would want to stay in your club
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 10, 11, 12  Next