windkick
lszanto
nasir6371
23 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Xavi & Iniesta Need Messi - Page 2 Empty Re: Xavi & Iniesta Need Messi

Post by billionmillion Mon 11 Jun 2012, 19:58

Messi doesnt only makes runs he also makes one twos, passes, dribbles and he is quickest player at working with the ball. all these things helps him to score more, only with runs you can score 1 or 2 goals. and i dont blame torres he did what strikers do but as i said only runs doesnt help you score ton of goals

billionmillion
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Mon 11 Jun 2012, 21:23

Messi is Barcelona. Barcelona can survive without Xavi and Iniesta, theyu would be nothing without Messi. Even Pep said it
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Mon 11 Jun 2012, 21:32

So we could change Alex's wonderful line from "Xavi is the f-ing system" to "Messi is that f-ing system"?! No? Yes? Anyway, Spain was winning 1-0 in the WC with a much better striker in David Villa so this really isn't any different.

Like the title of the thread btw...very ironic stuff.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Awesome Mon 11 Jun 2012, 22:04

Lol at this thread.

Spain without Villa playing against Italy in a competitive match = Spain need Messi

Messi playing against Brazil Olympic squad in non competitive match = Messi is the system

:facepalm:
Lord Awesome
Lord Awesome
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by Dnmac4 Mon 11 Jun 2012, 23:45

Of course I'm a big Messi fan but I think a lot of you are forgetting how good David Villa is in these tournaments.

In almost every one of the ones they won he was pretty damn close to player of the tournament and top goal scorer.

People on here have such short memories acting like Bacra and Spain can just replace a player like David Villa by snapping there fingers.

And BTW, a 1-1 score line against Italy was a pretty obvious score to predict.
Dnmac4
Dnmac4
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by harhar11 Tue 12 Jun 2012, 00:29

billionmillion wrote:Messi doesnt only makes runs he also makes one twos, passes, dribbles and he is quickest player at working with the ball. all these things helps him to score more, only with runs you can score 1 or 2 goals. and i dont blame torres he did what strikers do but as i said only runs doesnt help you score ton of goals

Doesnt matter. Xavi and Iniesta don't need those things to create goals, they could easily make a defence splitting throughball if they had anyone making a run behind the defence as they did at the euro 08. And in those tournaments spain didnt just win 1-0 they won most games a landslide, like in the semifinal 3-0..

harhar11
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaled Tue 12 Jun 2012, 04:18

Spain needs PEDRO (a player who can make runs behind the defence, and a very good finisher) and Llorente upfront as a CF.

Arbeloa was very poor, i don't know why he started lol
Ramos made 2 big mistakes (Balotelli's chance and the goal...)
He's much better as aright back, he can also help in the attack...

No need for Alonso, Spain has Xavi and Busquets in the midfield, having Alonso is useless, they need another forward!!!

Casillas

Ramos Javi Pique Alba

Xavi Busquets Iniesta

Silva Llorente Pedro
Khaled
Khaled
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaled Tue 12 Jun 2012, 04:23

Lord Hispano wrote:Lol at this thread.

Spain without Villa playing against Italy in a competitive match = Spain need Messi

Messi playing against Brazil Olympic squad in non competitive match = Messi is the system

butthurt? cause Messi scored 2 Hat- banana trick for Argentina in 2012 so far?
U Mad? Cause Messi gonna win the ballon d'or 2012?

yeah, i think so...
Khaled
Khaled
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by billionmillion Tue 12 Jun 2012, 19:14

even at runs messi is best forward his acceleration makes it easy for midfielders to make through balls
harhar11 wrote:
billionmillion wrote:Messi doesnt only makes runs he also makes one twos, passes, dribbles and he is quickest player at working with the ball. all these things helps him to score more, only with runs you can score 1 or 2 goals. and i dont blame torres he did what strikers do but as i said only runs doesnt help you score ton of goals

Doesnt matter. Xavi and Iniesta don't need those things to create goals, they could easily make a defence splitting throughball if they had anyone making a run behind the defence as they did at the euro 08. And in those tournaments spain didnt just win 1-0 they won most games a landslide, like in the semifinal 3-0..
even at runs messi is irreplaceable his acceleration makes it easy for midfielders to make through balls.
in Euro 2008 spain only could score against russia. against another teams they could not score goals. if there was no russia they would have 5 goals in 5 games (just like in WC 2010 7 goals in 7 games)
billionmillion
billionmillion
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by LeBéninois Tue 12 Jun 2012, 19:41

When torres came in , italy has struggled more . the guy needs confidence because he can't fnish his chances but still, he makes goods runs.

i'll start this guy if i was VDB because he'll open space for iniesta and co

Torres's situation is similar to Sheva's back in 2006 but Tor is 28 yo

i can't believe that some of you guys , who know about football , don't see he is improving
LeBéninois
LeBéninois
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by windkick Wed 13 Jun 2012, 08:38

Kizu wrote:They needed him when they won WC ...

No they didnt, they had in in form strike (Villa) finishing. They are now relaying on a midfielder to be a false 9, and Torres coming off the bench being an embarrassment for our country
windkick
windkick
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Wed 13 Jun 2012, 08:42

People are missing the point of the thread entirely. It's not about Xaviesta needing Messi, but about the kind of comments that are made about Xaviesta and Messi.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by harhar11 Wed 13 Jun 2012, 16:22

billionmillion wrote:even at runs messi is best forward his acceleration makes it easy for midfielders to make through balls
harhar11 wrote:

even at runs messi is irreplaceable his acceleration makes it easy for midfielders to make through balls.
in Euro 2008 spain only could score against russia. against another teams they could not score goals. if there was no russia they would have 5 goals in 5 games (just like in WC 2010 7 goals in 7 games)

Italy is Italy, they are brilliant at defending and most teams struggle against their kind of style even barca with Messi, but then against Germany, Spain might have only won 1-0 but they were all over the germans and could have easily scored 3-4 goals more..

Doesn't matter if Messi is the best at that aspect, you dont need to be the best to be good at them. A inform Villa and Torres would work just as well..

harhar11
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Mon 02 Jul 2012, 00:35

Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by harhar11 Mon 02 Jul 2012, 01:23

harhar11 wrote:
billionmillion wrote:Yes i think they do. Spain never scored more than 2 goals in last 3 years. even when they had lorente or torres on the pitch

Nah they dont need Messi per se, they need someone making runs behind the defence. Remember the euro 08? They didnt have Messi yet they were scoring goals for fun because they had a in form Torres and in form Villa making the runs..

:bow:

Seems as if I was right Thumbs up

harhar11
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Awesome Tue 03 Jul 2012, 07:38

Lord Hispano wrote:Lol at this thread.

Still :facepalm: at this thread.
Lord Awesome
Lord Awesome
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by nasir6371 Tue 03 Jul 2012, 07:56

I was mistaken Embarassed ... All they Needed was to Trust Cex THE SYSTEM/TRUE False 9 :bow: :bow: and their fellow barca players to carry Spain to Glory :coffee:

Spoiler:
nasir6371
nasir6371
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Manchester City

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2