JAY-Z
McLewis
Patrick Bateman
10 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Zdenek Zeman - Page 2 Empty Re: Zdenek Zeman

Post by ErPupone Sun Jul 08, 2012 3:08 pm

it's been a year and I don't think the Zeman thread is the appropriate section to discuss this, but the fans turned on him to the point of no return, he sucked two years ago.

ErPupone
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Sun Jul 08, 2012 3:31 pm

From the press conference this morning:

07/07/2012

The Giallorossi coach spoke to reporters in the press room after this morning's training session. Here's what he had to say:

FITNESS LEVELS

We're here to work and to get ready for the coming season. That obviously means sweating it out. If we'd been here on holiday, it would have been different. Some people cope with the workload better than others, but what matters is that we do our best to lay the groundwork for the football season that lies ahead.

DEFENCE

The transfer market has barely opened. Some of our players may move elsewhere but for the time being they are all Roma players and they are here to work with us. Since they are all good players, those who want to move on will have no problem finding a team. I have eight defenders and that's more than enough but as we're in the transfer window we'll see if we can improve. Juan and Heinze? I repeat, as things stand they are Roma players.

RESPONSIBILITY

I feel like a coach. I've been doing this job for a long time and I'm always willing to work with the team and improve it for club. That's my job and naturally the coach sometimes has to take responsibility for things. Of course I'm ready to do that.

FEELINGS

It's hard to to compare things to last year as I wasn't here. There may have been mental or physical lulls but I can't judge other people's work. Our habits have changed now: some are suffering more because of it, some less. You get that every season. We'll be fit before we get into the competitive action. No, I haven't been impressed by anyone in particular yet. All we're doing is going for long walks in the woods. It's not true that we're working extremely hard - I think that's a load of rubbish. With what we're doing so far there's no scope for anyone to stand out. Florenzi? He did very well at Crotone. Bertolacci? He did very well at Lecce. They are two to keep an eye on. We'll look at them on the pitch and see if they can show us what they're capable of.

ZEMAN EFFECT

I can sense the fans' enthusiasm but I'd be happier if they were the same at the end of the season. For sure there will be joy and pain along the way, but I hope more joy. The line-up for tomorrow's match? I can't tell you because I don't know.

TOTTI AND PICKING THE TEAM

Totti? We worked together 13 years ago – that's a long time. I can see he's grown up a lot. I see Totti is still the same footballer. Physically he's not the same of course, but that's normal. As for where he'll play I still have to think about that based on the way we're going to play as a team; it's not only about his position. I'll use him wherever I think he's most useful to the team.

TOP PLAYER

That's an expression used to describe a player who costs a lot. I don't think it's about the cost. A top player is someone who can make a difference on the pitch. You don't necessarily get that just because someone costs 20 million more than someone else.

OSVALDO AND TACHSIDIS

Osvaldo had a problem with his back yesterday but he's looked better than when he was at Lecce. He was always one of the best in the tests. I've seen a lot of Tachsidis because I played against him in Serie B and he's a player I was impressed by.

PRE-SEASON TRAINING

The beauty of football is that it's never the same: everyone sees it differently. But as I said, I believe that your pre-season preparations lay the foundation for the work you do during the season and that it's very important. Those of you who know a bit about football know that the match is 90 minutes but actual playing time is 50 minutes. A very good player might be on the ball for three minutes. What does he do the rest of the time? Football is about movement, moving to get somewhere before the others, catching up with a player. That means running and stamina, before you even get to technique.

TACTICS

We haven't spoken to the players yet about football as such. I want to see how they get on without being guided. I want to watch them doing things by themselves, aware of the fact that they aren't fully fit yet.

AIMS

Personally I want to compete with all the other teams and try to get a result in every match - whether the opposition is called Inter, Milan or Juve, or even smaller teams like Pescara. I want the team to be competitive but I want to see us get to the point where we always go for it against other teams. At the start of the season all the teams have zero points, zero goals scored and zero goals conceded. Pecking order? You earn your place based on what you produce on the pitch. If certain players do better than others then I don't care what their names are. All I'm interested in is what's good for the team and for Roma.

THIRD STAR

I've already given my thoughts on Juve. If I read certain books and if I look at the facts I think 28 Scudetto titles are too many as it is.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by LucaToni Mon Jul 09, 2012 10:43 pm

Personally I want to compete with all the other teams and try to get a result in every match - whether the opposition is called Inter, Milan or Juve, or even smaller teams like Pescara. I want the team to be competitive but I want to see us get to the point where we always go for it against other teams. At the start of the season all the teams have zero points, zero goals scored and zero goals conceded. Pecking order? You earn your place based on what you produce on the pitch. If certain players do better than others then I don't care what their names are. All I'm interested in is what's good for the team and for Roma.

In Zeman we trust , but as Totti rightfuly said , Roma must bring new players to help Zeman get the game he wants

LucaToni
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Patrick Bateman Sun Jul 22, 2012 11:30 pm

Zeman: 'Roma can win Scudetto'

By Football Italia staff

Zdenek Zeman started Roma’s pre-season US tour by declaring “we can win the Scudetto.”

The Giallorossi landed in Chicago on Saturday and will face a series of friendlies in the US, including against Liverpool.

“We are halfway through pre-season training,” said Coach Zeman in his Press conference.

“The lads are not accustomed to my approach with double sessions, so they suffered, but in sport you must learn to suffer.

“I am happy to be here at this stage of preparation, as the team is already progressing well.

“There are 24 of us in the squad, but it’s not a problem of quantity so much as quality. We still have the chance to improve further.

“Can Roma win the Scudetto? Yes, Roma can win the Scudetto.”

Roma hope to add Mattia Destro to their side on Monday, as the club agreed terms with Genoa, but he is hesitating over accepting the wages.

The notorious chain-smoker admitted there are some problems with playing in America.

“I know smoking is banned in stadiums here, but I’ll have to find some way around that.”

<3 Zeman
Patrick Bateman
Patrick Bateman
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Patrick Bateman Mon Aug 20, 2012 12:27 am

Zdenek Zeman - Page 2 39a51

Chaka
Patrick Bateman