JAY-Z
McLewis
Patrick Bateman
10 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Zdenek Zeman Empty Zdenek Zeman

Post by Patrick Bateman Sat Jun 02, 2012 8:24 am

http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/3276/serie-a/2012/06/01/3141695/zeman-will-be-romas-new-boss-reveals-baldini

Welcome Home Cool

Zdenek Zeman EhdDR

Zdenek Zeman PHuAb

Zdenek Zeman H33YW

Zeman and Sabatini the 2 chainsmokers to head the Roma revolution and lead us to glory :bow: smoking
Patrick Bateman
Patrick Bateman
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Zdenek Zeman Empty Re: Zdenek Zeman

Post by Patrick Bateman Sat Jun 02, 2012 8:26 am

Returning to Zemanlandia

Roma are turning back to Zdenek Zeman and his exciting brand of football. Rob Paton runs the rule over the decision.

As far as public opinion goes, the appointment of Zdenek Zeman as Roma Coach is proving popular and perhaps one that in the current market only Vincenzo Montella’s return could have rivalled. From Zeman’s reputation for attacking football to his proven affinity for working with and developing young players, the 65-year-old is seen as an ideal continuation of the core focus to Roma’s project and the work begun by Luis Enrique.

Indeed, the 2011-12 season even saw Enrique’s Press conferences punctuated with comparisons to and questions about Zeman, as the latter began to again catch attention with his work with Pescara a Division down from the Giallorossi. Alongside that progress with the Delfini that eventually took them to the Serie B title, an added attraction to following public opinion on appointing Zeman at the Olimpico is the club’s previous experience with him in the late 1990s. That Lupi placed credibly in the table by playing some eye-catching football, in a duel success-style aspect that the American-led project of 2012 is determined to identify with. In short, Zeman represents potential for creating the Roma that Enrique could not.

For Zeman too, the position is, as he put it himself, an adventure that represents both revenge and opportunity. Revenge for how he feels that first spell with the club ended over a decade ago, and perhaps an opportunity for what he sees in front of him to put that to bed once and for all.

“I left Roma before because I had to. It was for a political problem, not a performance one,” he told reporters this week. “In 1998, after the scandal, Roma lost more than 20 points due to the decisions of others. With those 20 points, the team would have been competitive. Continuing with me the next year, Roma would not have done any better, so it was better just to change.”

The scandal Zeman refers to is the one initiated through his accusations via the Press that Serie A clubs were illegally doping players to boost performance in the mid-to-late 1990s, with a specific attack launched at the Juventus team and his suspicious interpretation of their physical stature as players.

It resulted in a fallout that not only does Zeman blame as the reason he had to leave Roma, but that many cite as why the Coach has not had a chance to return to a top club since. Until now, where despite the absence, the tactician’s style of play and reputation amongst players he has worked with sees him return to Roma with his stock at an almost all-time high.

Even with his popularity and the promise of attacking play to come though, is the Prague-born Coach the right man at the right time for the transitional club? General analysis of what went wrong in the capital last term centres on three aspects. First, that the team’s weak defence was incapable of facilitating Enrique’s instruction without leaving themselves vulnerable in certain patterns of play. Secondly, that Enrique’s inability to manage the players on a psychological level meant performances fluctuated from game to game and thirdly, that there was a lack of directness to the young Coach’s tactics.

A look at the reaction a number of Pescara’s players have had to news of his departure suggests that his hold on a dressing room is influential enough to erase doubts about mentality, whilst he has more than once expressed an irritation towards Enrique’s tactical choices.

“He focuses on ball possession,” reflected Zeman last October when asked to compare his 4-3-3 with that of the Spaniard, who he didn’t always speak fondly of. “I do not, as I have no patience – it’s a question of character, but I want to always get to the goal.”

Finding a route to goal and keeping the squad correctly motivated are aspects Zeman is therefore anticipated to alleviate, but his arrival may actually increase scrutiny on the how the club tackle the transfer market to fix the first problem.

For the characteristics Zeman is expected to instil upon the playing staff, finer points to defending will not be one of them. His Pescara conceded at a rate almost as high as Roma last term, whilst his Foggia outfit of 2010-11 may have scored 14 more goals than anyone else in the Lega Pro Prima Divisione, but they only finished with a plus nine goal difference in light of conceding 13 more than any other side too.

His early career work with Foggia may have had them punching above their weight in Serie A and finishing the season on the verge of UEFA Cup qualification with an exciting brand of play, but perhaps for the anticipation to see what he can do back at the helm of a side with talent and status, it might be worth seeing if the old dog can learn a new trick or two to really progress the team in the way they hope.

:bow:
Patrick Bateman
Patrick Bateman
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Sat Jun 02, 2012 2:33 pm

For the characteristics Zeman is expected to instil upon the playing staff, finer points to defending will not be one of them. His Pescara conceded at a rate almost as high as Roma last term, whilst his Foggia outfit of 2010-11 may have scored 14 more goals than anyone else in the Lega Pro Prima Divisione, but they only finished with a plus nine goal difference in light of conceding 13 more than any other side too.

The lone reason why this decision makes me wary. Without a good defense, it won't matter who we have coaching us. The results will remain the same.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by JAY-Z Sat Jun 02, 2012 10:21 pm

Im really happy about him. He knows his job perfect, has a lot of experience, knows Rome very well.

Welcome home Zdenek.
JAY-Z
JAY-Z
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Patrick Bateman Tue Jun 05, 2012 6:42 pm

Tuesday June 5 2012

Zeman: 'My Roma return'

By Football Italia staff

Zdenek Zeman has held his first press conference as new Coach of Roma. “I knew that sooner or later I would’ve returned here.”

The tactician left his job at promoted Pescara in order to sign a two-year contract with option on a third at the Olimpico, returning to the club he left 13 years ago.

“I am happy and thank the club for their faith in me,” he opened. “I knew that sooner or later I would’ve returned here, to my city. Hopefully we can collaborate and build something together.

“We will try to win and believe in our chances, but then again I’ve never seen a Coach who didn’t. It’s also true that I was quite close to re-joining Roma in 2006.”

Zeman replaces Luis Enrique with the mandate to repeat his Pescara success, which involved making the most out of young players with very attacking and entertaining football.

“Pescara should set the example. A Coach always prefers people who want to learn and improve. There are some older players who do that too, such as Aldair in my day, which was very satisfying. The transfer session starts in July and we’ll try to figure out what this team needs.

“I don’t know yet what this Roma will look like, as we have to build it. I hope to find the players that suit our project. As for the current squad, there are some who didn’t do well last season, but everyone has a chance to prove themselves.

“Francesco Totti? He is a Roma player and I deal with him the same way I do the rest of the squad. Daniele De Rossi is a midfielder, as to be the ‘regista’ he needs other characteristics. He can play in defence only in an emergency.”

The Czech tactician shook off suggestions he’d bring back the ‘Zemanlandia’ spectacle of all attack and no defence.

“People say I have changed tactically, but I don’t really agree. I want my team to entertain the fans and bring them closer to the team, giving them strong emotional responses. I hope to convince the sceptics that we can work well.

“It’s normal that you risk something in defence, but if you score 90 goals then it shouldn’t really worry you how many are conceded. Football is made up of attacking and defending, but I think for players too it is better to create than to destroy.

“I am convinced the Roma fans are always close to the team, both in good and bad times, so I hope it will be the same this year.”

Zeman has always been highly critical of gamesmanship, Calciopoli, referees and sparked an investigation into the use of medication in sport.

“The problem with football is that it’s no longer credible. Now we want to be credible and we want to be followed, proving you can have fair play in the sport.

“I think it’s wrong not to talk about referees, but seeing as I am a Roma employee then I will adapt to their policy.”

Patrick Bateman
Patrick Bateman
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by ErPupone Wed Jun 06, 2012 3:04 pm

Zdenek Zeman 555195_363874137006740_209630315764457_957623_1607869219_n

Two cigarettes in one hand, Zeman 1 - Sabatini 0 :bow:
ErPupone
ErPupone
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Patrick Bateman Wed Jun 06, 2012 6:12 pm

ErPupone wrote:Zdenek Zeman 555195_363874137006740_209630315764457_957623_1607869219_n

Two cigarettes in one hand, Zeman 1 - Sabatini 0 :bow:

GOAT :bow:
Patrick Bateman
Patrick Bateman
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by ErPupone Wed Jun 06, 2012 6:29 pm

15:05: When comparing himself to Luis Enrique, saying he's more directed to the opposing goal.

ErPupone
ErPupone
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Patrick Bateman Wed Jun 06, 2012 6:33 pm

Mike,what exactly did he say ?
Patrick Bateman
Patrick Bateman
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by ErPupone Wed Jun 06, 2012 6:44 pm

Every coach has his own ideas, he has his own and some of them are good. I'm a little more... oriented towards to the opposing goal (followed by a very restrained smile, meaning Enrique never went upfield).
ErPupone
ErPupone
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by ErPupone Wed Jun 06, 2012 6:47 pm

And at 27:28, a journalist asks him if he feels like a jedi fighting against the dark side. Zeman answered "no that's too difficult".
ErPupone
ErPupone
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Tifoso Romanista Thu Jun 07, 2012 3:21 am

Juan: "I think Zeman, one of the most talented technical and challenging of Italian football. I'm curious and excited to work with a coach like him."
Tifoso Romanista
Tifoso Romanista
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Patrick Bateman Fri Jun 08, 2012 8:18 pm

Zeman: 'Possession is futile!'

By Football Italia staff

Zdenek Zeman praised Francesco Totti as “the best player I ever worked with” and warns Roma that Luis Enrique-style possession football is “futile.”

The ex-Pescara Coach is raring to go, making his return to the Olimpico after a 13-year absence.

“I am happy to be back after so many years in an environment that allowed me to have fun,” he told Roma Channel.

“The fans often asked me to return over these 13 years and I’m happy to be here. I hope to give Roma what I could not in my first two years here. Our work aims to bring enjoyment to me, the players and the fans.

“In my football I try to eliminate pointless things, so for me a horizontal pass is futile, as it’s just loaning each other the ball. We must always try to do something that will have meaning.”

This feels like the opposite of what predecessor Luis Enrique wanted over the past season at Roma.

“I think it’s only normal that coming out of the Barcelona school, where they focus so much on possession, that means preparing for a long move that takes you to the conclusion.

“I am quicker, in the sense that with possession you also give your opponents time to get settled in defence. It’s much more difficult to break down a defence that is closed rather than catching them unprepared. I also see long-range shots as rather desperate. In my type of football, the striker must receive service.

“We also play the same way, whether home or away. With Pescara this season we scored 45 goals at home and 45 on our travels.”

Zeman had said in his presentation press conference that Daniele De Rossi was not a creative midfielder.

“There was a misunderstanding. In my view De Rossi is not an Andrea Pirlo-style ‘regista,’ as he is more of a central midfielder who can give balance to the side. Of course he can play in all three midfield roles, but that’s a different matter entirely. It depends on where the team needs him the most.

“Totti is the best player I ever worked with. He had talent and showed it off. He changed role, becoming a centre-forward and therefore more susceptible to getting fouled, so the two major injuries have taken their toll. I haven’t spoken to him yet, as he’s in America on his vacation.”

Zeman is known as a hard task-master and warned there will be big changes for the Giallorossi.

“I’ve been told I’m old-fashioned. The more you work, the better you get, so I’ll bring back the double training sessions.”

Patrick Bateman
Patrick Bateman
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Tifoso Romanista Sat Jun 09, 2012 3:25 am

Patrick Bateman wrote:Zeman: 'Possession is futile!'

By Football Italia staff

Zdenek Zeman praised Francesco Totti as “the best player I ever worked with” and warns Roma that Luis Enrique-style possession football is “futile.”

The ex-Pescara Coach is raring to go, making his return to the Olimpico after a 13-year absence.

“I am happy to be back after so many years in an environment that allowed me to have fun,” he told Roma Channel.

“The fans often asked me to return over these 13 years and I’m happy to be here. I hope to give Roma what I could not in my first two years here. Our work aims to bring enjoyment to me, the players and the fans.

“In my football I try to eliminate pointless things, so for me a horizontal pass is futile, as it’s just loaning each other the ball. We must always try to do something that will have meaning.”
This feels like the opposite of what predecessor Luis Enrique wanted over the past season at Roma.

“I think it’s only normal that coming out of the Barcelona school, where they focus so much on possession, that means preparing for a long move that takes you to the conclusion.

“I am quicker, in the sense that with possession you also give your opponents time to get settled in defence. It’s much more difficult to break down a defence that is closed rather than catching them unprepared. I also see long-range shots as rather desperate. In my type of football, the striker must receive service.

“We also play the same way, whether home or away. With Pescara this season we scored 45 goals at home and 45 on our travels.”

Zeman had said in his presentation press conference that Daniele De Rossi was not a creative midfielder.

“There was a misunderstanding. In my view De Rossi is not an Andrea Pirlo-style ‘regista,’ as he is more of a central midfielder who can give balance to the side. Of course he can play in all three midfield roles, but that’s a different matter entirely. It depends on where the team needs him the most.

“Totti is the best player I ever worked with. He had talent and showed it off. He changed role, becoming a centre-forward and therefore more susceptible to getting fouled, so the two major injuries have taken their toll. I haven’t spoken to him yet, as he’s in America on his vacation.”

Zeman is known as a hard task-master and warned there will be big changes for the Giallorossi.

“I’ve been told I’m old-fashioned. The more you work, the better you get, so I’ll bring back the double training sessions.”

Embarassed Love that Guy cheers Very Happy No homo but he says my opinions again and again Thumbs up Twisted Evil COI Zeman make the first Star appear on my Jersey with the Magic Zemaniano
Tifoso Romanista
Tifoso Romanista
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Patrick Bateman Sat Jun 09, 2012 11:27 pm

Tifoso Romanista wrote:
Patrick Bateman wrote:Zeman: 'Possession is futile!'

By Football Italia staff

Embarassed Love that Guy cheers Very Happy No homo but he says my opinions again and again Thumbs up Twisted Evil COI Zeman make the first Star appear on my Jersey with the Magic Zemaniano

Ditto Cool

Can't wait for the new season to start,it will be interesting to see how we play under his more direct style of football and ofc the Juve games should be fun Wink
Patrick Bateman
Patrick Bateman
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Kevin245 Thu Jun 21, 2012 2:48 pm

http://www.sport.es/es/noticias/liga-bbva/zeman-mourinho-esconde-bien-mediocridad-como-entrenador-1954401

Zeman talking about how Mourinho is only good at communicating and an average coach. Like him already tongue

Fan of Roma and FCB btw

Kevin245
Prospect
Prospect

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Thu Jun 21, 2012 5:04 pm

Welcome Kevin Very Happy
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tifoso Romanista Fri Jun 22, 2012 5:35 am

I think Mourinho can find this using google http://liberofootball.com/cult-heroes-zdenek-zeman/#more-384

Tifoso Romanista
Tifoso Romanista
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Patrick Bateman Fri Jun 22, 2012 5:38 pm

Mourinho is a *bleep* end off,take no notice of him all he does is talk shite.
Patrick Bateman
Patrick Bateman
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Juveman17 Fri Jun 22, 2012 9:39 pm

Zeman is a boss :bow:
Juveman17
Juveman17
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Fulham

https://www.youtube.com/user/juveman176

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Thu Jul 05, 2012 1:15 pm

Zeman outlaws coffee at Roma!
By Football Italia staff

Zemanlandia is officially re-opened, after Zdenek Zeman supervised his first training session as Roma Coach.

Zeman is back at the Trigoria training complex 13 years after his first spell in charge of the Giallorossi concluded.

The Czech, who led Pescara to the Serie B title in May, is renowned not only for the attacking football his teams play but also the strenuous physical preparation he puts his players through.

Yesterday was no different, as the returning Roma players were put through a series of tests with the emphasis very much on speed, a key component in Zeman's 4-3-3 tactical module.

The tactician also installed a strict new dietary regime, outlawing coffee and cake for the next 10 days and demanding his charges eat less carbohydrates, and much less protein.

The Giallorossi spent the day doing preparatory work at Roma’s training ground, before they travel north to Riscone to begin their pre-season ritiro.

Zeman has, as the Gazzetta dello Sport report this morning, also decided to prolong the players’ pre-season work, with a second nine-day training retreat in early August in Austria.

-----------------------------

And so it begins Twisted Evil
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Patrick Bateman Thu Jul 05, 2012 3:23 pm

McLewis wrote:Zeman outlaws coffee at Roma!
By Football Italia staff

Zemanlandia is officially re-opened, after Zdenek Zeman supervised his first training session as Roma Coach.

Zeman is back at the Trigoria training complex 13 years after his first spell in charge of the Giallorossi concluded.

The Czech, who led Pescara to the Serie B title in May, is renowned not only for the attacking football his teams play but also the strenuous physical preparation he puts his players through.

Yesterday was no different, as the returning Roma players were put through a series of tests with the emphasis very much on speed, a key component in Zeman's 4-3-3 tactical module.

The tactician also installed a strict new dietary regime, outlawing coffee and cake for the next 10 days and demanding his charges eat less carbohydrates, and much less protein.

The Giallorossi spent the day doing preparatory work at Roma’s training ground, before they travel north to Riscone to begin their pre-season ritiro.

Zeman has, as the Gazzetta dello Sport report this morning, also decided to prolong the players’ pre-season work, with a second nine-day training retreat in early August in Austria.

-----------------------------

And so it begins Twisted Evil

Really can't wait till the new season starts.We're going to be in for some thrilling football.
Patrick Bateman
Patrick Bateman
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by ErPupone Fri Jul 06, 2012 2:11 am

Day 2

Zdenek Zeman 283688_338205959587406_1632155685_n

Damnnnnnnn
ErPupone
ErPupone
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by inderbaby Sat Jul 07, 2012 10:38 pm

I have respect for Roma and wish you guys good luck with Zeman...but I just cant understand why you guys would sell us Vucinic and for the just 15m? scratch
The guy is class and thank you coz he is one of my fav players at Juve now cheers

inderbaby
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by ErPupone Sun Jul 08, 2012 3:08 pm

it's been a year and I don't think the Zeman thread is the appropriate section to discuss this, but the fans turned on him to the point of no return, he sucked two years ago.
ErPupone
ErPupone
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next