Blue Barrett
Swanhends
LeSwagg James
The Franchise
Le Samourai
26 posters

Page 19 of 40 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 29 ... 40  Next

Go down

the official Dwayne Wade >>> you thread - Page 19 Empty Re: the official Dwayne Wade >>> you thread

Post by Le Samourai Fri Jun 15, 2012 4:09 pm

Westbrook was as good as you can possibly be in the 2nd half , was getting Durant open shots , passing , playmaking, scoring defending like an animal, rebounding.....I don't know what more people could want from him than that.

2 days ago he had a similar game and they won....handsomely...

25-6 when he shoots more than Durant.

You can say he needs to be better, that's fine, but understand...he's been a PG for all of 4 years...he's 23 and he's learning basically the most difficult position in the game , and he understandably, because he's an elite scorer(and needs to be for them to win anything) has difficulty balancing his play.

But don't talk about him like he's the reason they lost after the second half he had , that's nonsense.

Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

the official Dwayne Wade >>> you thread - Page 19 Empty Re: the official Dwayne Wade >>> you thread

Post by Blue Barrett Fri Jun 15, 2012 5:11 pm

Le Samourai wrote:Westbrook was as good as you can possibly be in the 2nd half , was getting Durant open shots , passing , playmaking, scoring defending like an animal, rebounding.....I don't know what more people could want from him than that.

You can say he needs to be better, that's fine, but understand...he's been a PG for all of 4 years...he's 23 and he's learning basically the most difficult position in the game , and he understandably, because he's an elite scorer(and needs to be for them to win anything) has difficulty balancing his play.

But don't talk about him like he's the reason they lost after the second half he had , that's nonsense.

^You just said you didn't watch the first half. They wouldn't be in that massive hole in the first half if it wasn't for him.
Blue Barrett
Blue Barrett
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by dmize Fri Jun 15, 2012 5:32 pm

Le Samourai wrote:

I didn't see anyone say that?

But the Thunder have got to get out of the gate better. Not a great start in game 1 but they managed to come back, can't make that a pattern though and it showed in game 2. The Thunder as a team came out in the 1st quarter something like 1-13, unacceptable. They gotta get more stops too, plenty of times in the 2nd half where they would cut the lead to 8, 9 or 10 and immediately Wade or James would get an easy bucket and it's back to double figures. When they finally put together a few stops they closed the gap and had a shot to win.
dmize
dmize
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Arsenal

https://twitter.com/#!/dmizee

Back to top Go down

Post by dmize Fri Jun 15, 2012 5:35 pm

Looks he improved his jumpshot form. It's still not perfect(a little out in front of his body) but he's not shooting from his chest anymore. Looks pretty good.
dmize
dmize
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Fri Jun 15, 2012 5:36 pm

I hate Westbrook so much, was watching with pure joy as he embarrassed himself left and right in the first half Thumbs up
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Fri Jun 15, 2012 5:42 pm

^ It's a trend.

I've seen it all the way through our series and the SA series. The third quarter is where they usually jump teams, but they have made it a bit of a habit of going into the half down, usually heavily down at times. So it's not really a case of them making it a pattern, but breaking a already established pattern, which I guess is considerably more difficult.

Westbrook had a injured thumb or something, I'm assuming no one shot particualrly well for them in the first half. The report says Durant was 1-6 as well.

Bhends pretty clearly implied that he thinks Westbrook is the problem lol.

Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by dmize Fri Jun 15, 2012 5:47 pm

Le Samourai wrote:^ It's a trend.

I've seen it all the way through our series and the SA series. The third quarter is where they usually jump teams, but they have made it a bit of a habit of going into the half down, usually heavily down at times. So it's not really a case of them making it a pattern, but breaking a already established pattern, which I guess is considerably more difficult.

Well against the Spurs, they had 1st half leads in 4 games(3 W's, 1 L). And in the final game, as we know, they were down big and came back. They've showed they can comeback obviously, but they're making it a lot harder on themselves.

I think they'll take a game in Miami, and it'll be 3-2 Miami going back to OKC.
dmize
dmize
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Sat Jun 16, 2012 10:34 am

Le Samourai wrote:Westbrook was as good as you can possibly be in the 2nd half , was getting Durant open shots , passing , playmaking, scoring defending like an animal, rebounding.....I don't know what more people could want from him than that.

All irrelevant.

They lost the game because they dug themselves a HUGE hole in the 1st quarter...Westbrook being a major part of that.

Ibaka, Perkins, Collison, Sefalosa, Fisher and Harden all played very well in that quarter. KD sat down early with fouls, but even before then he only got 3 shots up and didnt played bad.

Westbrook was the one doing stupid, wreckless drives and taking dumb shots.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Sat Jun 16, 2012 3:24 pm

Does anyone here watch the Bucks?

I'm seeing this guy Illyasova is a free agent, his position is SF, he's 6-10, averages 12 rebounds a game and shoots 45 % from 3 point land. Can anyone elaborate on his speed / perimeter defensive ability and confirm that he is in fact a good shooter?

Something tells me he hasn't been playing SF, a SF cannot get 25 rebounds in a game , even against the Nets.
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Sat Jun 16, 2012 4:23 pm

I have watched him a couple of times, think he plays as PF, don't really know.
He is good at spreading the floor in any case with his 3 point abillity
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Barrett Sat Jun 16, 2012 4:48 pm

The Heat thrive on having the main ball handler on the opposite team try to play hero ball(without passing the ball around). How do you think they beat the Bulls last year? Derrick Rose, though to a lesser extent, was like that. Can't blame him though, he had to. The Heat will win this series because of Westbrook.
Blue Barrett
Blue Barrett
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Sat Jun 16, 2012 9:57 pm

Yeah Illasova is a stretch 4 now.

Crashes the boards hard,tries on defenceand can put up points. Obviously aint watch the Bucks much, but from what I seen he looks a good player. One of the most improved.

More on Westbrook. If the Heat win, I dont think its fair to blame it on Westbrook just yet. They didnt lose game 2 because of him..its just true he was in particiular was bad to start.

OKC's starting line is getting crushed on both ends of the floor, especially to start. But, over both games the Heat have only won one quarter. OKC arent doing that much wrong to be honest.

Game 1, even down 17, they were doing very well. They were getting decent shots, crashing the clash, defending the paint pretty well..they just missed shots.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Sat Jun 16, 2012 10:03 pm

Shame, If he was a 3 I would take him instantly.

Even now, I'd trade Gasol for someone, maybe Lowry, maybe someone like Deron if we get extremely fortunate and that's the best offer they get, and get a PF who doesn't need anything in the post.

I'm so torn on giving up Artest, on the one hand he makes stupid money , but on the other , he really does lessen the fear I have for any of the many great SF's knowing he's the one checking them.
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by dmize Sat Jun 16, 2012 10:40 pm

Ilyasova is a stretch 4 as Dani said, he can play the 3 for some teams probably but he's much better at the 4, where he can pull PF's out to the 3pt line, and also his rebounding(offensive especially) ability is more suited for the 4 position. He improved a lot this past season and IMO he's a very good player.
dmize
dmize
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Sat Jun 16, 2012 10:48 pm

Pau for Lowry..no thanks. How many years Pau got left?

I know the Rockets would do it, and with him we probably make the playoffs..but still, long term its not good if he has more than 2 years left.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Sat Jun 16, 2012 10:55 pm

The Franchise wrote:Pau for Lowry..no thanks. How many years Pau got left?

I know the Rockets would do it, and with him we probably make the playoffs..but still, long term its not good if he has more than 2 years left.

I know you don't want it but Mitch could probably get that done right now if he wanted.

Also , Lowry has problems with Mchale (I think i mentioned that).

In fact I think we could still get Scola if we threw something in to sweeten it but that would just make Rockets fans mad.

Here's where Pau could be extremely valuable in the long run- as a mentor to Motiejuanas who is a extremely legit talent. I think playing C and being 1st / 2nd optiona nd having an offense run through him will be great for him, he'll be better than he is right now.
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Sat Jun 16, 2012 10:59 pm

Yeah, im sure we would do that deal. But me personally, I am saying I wouldnt like it long term.

You dont have anything to add for us to give up Scola in my eyes. But we will see.

And yeah, im not so high on Pau as a big man mentor...I dont need someone telling young players to allowed themselves to be pushed off the block and not establish position.

Not to mention..forget the mentor, we have McHale.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Sat Jun 16, 2012 11:11 pm

That's true.....

Mchale is the one with the Pau fantasy though banana

I'm almost sure he is daydreaming about when Pau was going at KG and Howard like a boss.

For a couple years, he got past those issues....dunno if Mchale can bring that back.

You could always get rid of a contract or something, get rid of Kevin Martin....he's a decent swigman...decent 3 point shooter.....

Last edited by Le Samourai on Sat Jun 16, 2012 11:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Sat Jun 16, 2012 11:22 pm

Apperently, Bradon Roy is trying to comeback..I wish him all the best, despite how bad he has hurt us, but I am quite doubtful.

But best of luck to him, great player at his best.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Sat Jun 16, 2012 11:28 pm

Our Scorer off the bench hmm

Brandon Roy + Kobe is just too classy but also a tad dysfunctional....though less so than Jr Smith or Crwaford who I was calling for earlier.

I love Brandon Roy, he and Kobe put on one of the best clinics I have ever seen going at each other when he was a rookie. I hope he doesn't hurt himself but I'd love to see him back in the league.

Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by tonger Sun Jun 17, 2012 1:11 am

broy :bow: i was there for his career high 52 point game against phoenix.... rose garden was THE place to be that season, crowds were GREAT
tonger
tonger
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by pUsHa Sun Jun 17, 2012 8:14 am

I just wish that Portland either loses the franchise or that the owner gets a new medical staff ..... because it's not a curse going around there the medical staff is just terrible .

Read this article :

http://zigsports.wordpress.com/2012/04/05/greg-oden-brandon-roy-what-what-happened/
pUsHa
pUsHa
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Sun Jun 17, 2012 10:38 am

When Westbrook takes 25 shots in a game - what he's averaging in this series - the Thunder are 7-7 this season, including playoffs. When he takes less than 25, the Thunder are 53-16.

What more is there to say.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Swanhends Sun Jun 17, 2012 3:47 pm

anyone who hasnt seen this "Dream Team" documentary on NBA TV has to see it...must watch
Swanhends
Swanhends
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Mon Jun 18, 2012 1:56 am

Durant with a couple bad turnovers so far, otherwise he's been good ofeensively, defensively he's getting eaten.

They're making Lebron look like a great rebounder lol, someone put a body.

Westbrook is playing some lovely defense, so quick getting back in transition and any time he's gotten switched on Wade he's either blocked him or or forced a very bad shot.

Has been pretty good offensively as well Very Happy
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Mon Jun 18, 2012 2:14 am

Shane Battier is FRAKKING HOT. When they write songs of James' first NBA title, they will sing Battier's name the loudest Very Happy
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 19 of 40 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 29 ... 40  Next