alexjanosik
shadeslayer
BarcaKizz
24 posters

Page 1 of 6 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Barca at the Euros/Olympics Empty Barca at the Euros/Olympics

Post by BarcaKizz Sun May 27, 2012 2:27 pm

This thread will be for any updates and discussion on our players performing at the Euros, Olympics and any relevant friendlies. Please post stuff here rather than make a million threads.

Euros:

Spain: Valdes, Pique, Busquets, Xavi, Iniesta, Cesc, Pedro.

Holland: Afellay

------------------------

Olympics (unconfirmed possibilities):

Spain: Thiago, Montoya, Cuenca, Tello

Mexico: Dos Santos

BarcaKizz
BarcaKizz
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Barca at the Euros/Olympics Empty Re: Barca at the Euros/Olympics

Post by shadeslayer Sun May 27, 2012 4:16 pm

I remember Del Bosque (or someone else from the Spanish contingent) suggesting that Busquets and Pedro could also be part of the Olympic squad.
shadeslayer
shadeslayer
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by alexjanosik Sun May 27, 2012 4:34 pm

No offence kizz but I am sick and tired of Spain mooching off of our success.
I am very glad that Puyol wont be going and neither will be Villa.
And as dani mentioned now would be the perfect time for Xavi's calf injury to pop up again.
It would be the greatest summer ever if none of our players went and instead they rested and the team have a proper pre season this time around.

alexjanosik
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by FennecFox7 Sun May 27, 2012 4:59 pm

^But those players are spanish..
FennecFox7
FennecFox7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaKizz Sun May 27, 2012 5:14 pm

alexjanosik wrote:No offence kizz but I am sick and tired of Spain mooching off of our success.
And as dani mentioned now would be the perfect time for Xavi's calf injury to pop up again.
It would be the greatest summer ever if none of our players went and instead they rested and the team have a proper pre season this time around.

I would prefer our players to rest and play their best for Barca. However, if our players want to go and play in big international tournaments then I will support them all the way. I enjoy watching our players play at international level and always will. Players deserve the privilege of playing for their country, if I was a footballer I would find this a great honour.

Villa was clearly shattered he couldn't go. I'm sad for him because I care about what our players feel as well.

I understand someone like Free who has a different reason for not liking Spain, but I have no problems with them. In fact, I like Spanish culture anyway.

I don't like the attitude either of blaming a NT when a player gets injured playing for them. Of course it is extremely disappointing and f***ing annoying, but they weren't forced to play. They chose to play, because they wanted it. When you step onto a pitch, there's always a chance of injury, thats the risk you take. Our players want to take that risk and I will support them, because I support them as Barca players.

Thats my position anyway. I get what you mean (particularly for Xavi, because I want him to freshen up very badly), but I can't help but feel your sentiments are driven by a dislike for Spain or something like that.
BarcaKizz
BarcaKizz
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Sun May 27, 2012 5:24 pm

Thiago will probably not go to the olympics because of his injury.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by alexjanosik Sun May 27, 2012 5:26 pm

BarcaKizz wrote:
alexjanosik wrote:No offence kizz but I am sick and tired of Spain mooching off of our success.

I would prefer our players to rest and play their best for Barca. However, if our players want to go and play in big international tournaments then I will support them all the way. I enjoy watching our players play at international level and always will. Players deserve the privilege of playing for their country, if I was a footballer I would find this a great honour.

Villa was clearly shattered he couldn't go. I'm sad for him because I care about what our players feel as well.

I understand someone like Free who has a different reason for not liking Spain, but I have no problems with them. In fact, I like Spanish culture anyway.

I don't like the attitude either of blaming a NT when a player gets injured playing for them. Of course it is extremely disappointing and f***ing annoying, but they weren't forced to play. They chose to play, because they wanted it. When you step onto a pitch, there's always a chance of injury, thats the risk you take. Our players want to take that risk and I will support them, because I support them as Barca players.

Thats my position anyway. I get what you mean (particularly for Xavi, because I want him to freshen up very badly), but I can't help but feel your sentiments are driven by a dislike for Spain or something like that.

I dont dislike the Spain NT.More indifferent.Its just that for a while now I am indifferent towards NT team football.
And that indifference leads to annoyance when our players jet halfway around the world to play meaningless friendlies and then come back injured.

alexjanosik
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by kiranr Sun May 27, 2012 5:28 pm

Well, with the forwards VDB has chosen, there is a chance they won't go through the group stages. Razz
kiranr
kiranr
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Mon May 28, 2012 1:16 am

Call me crazy....and I'm not saying that I want Xavi to not play or anything....but I actually wouldn't mind that either.

I'm happy Ramos and Llorente get to lead the attack and defense this time around, because Puyol and Villa won't always be there to drag us through...they need to learn to do it for themselves.

As for Xavi...I know where VDB is going to play him and I hate him there, I'd prefer a range of players in that position over him.

If he's not a CM he makes no sense (offensively, defensively he saves us alot of work).

Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Mon May 28, 2012 1:21 am

shadeslayer wrote:I remember Del Bosque (or someone else from the Spanish contingent) suggesting that Busquets and Pedro could also be part of the Olympic squad.

Busquets said he wants to go.

Personally I'm indifferent , there are 3 quality DM's behind him, if he doesn't want to go it won't make a difference.
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by The Sanchez Mon May 28, 2012 8:42 am

Whats Spain going to play? 4-2-3-1? Casillas, Arbeloa, Ramos, Pique, Alba, Busquests, X.Alonso, Xavi/Fabregas, Iniesta, Llorente, Pedro? Valdes, Martinez, Albiol, Enrique, Cazorla, Thiago, Fabregas/Xavi, Mata, Torres, Negredo? Interesting...
The Sanchez
The Sanchez
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaled Mon May 28, 2012 6:33 pm

Imo,

Casillas
Ramos Javi Pique Alba
Xavi Busquets Iniesta
Silva Llorente Pedro

Iniesta (Best Player in the Euro)
Pedro (Top-Scorer)

Twisted Evil
Khaled
Khaled
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by shadeslayer Mon May 28, 2012 6:50 pm

As much as I want that midfield, it won't happen. Alonso being an RM starter means he warrants an NT place. Which means the conservative Xabi-Busi-Xavi midfield.
Also, I think it'll be Ramos Pique partnership at the back, though I'm not very sure about that.
shadeslayer
shadeslayer
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by FennecFox7 Tue May 29, 2012 1:24 am

Xabi alonso long balls to llorente :bow:
FennecFox7
FennecFox7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Tue May 29, 2012 9:02 am

BarcaKizz wrote: Of course it is extremely disappointing and f***ing annoying, but they weren't forced to play. They chose to play, because they wanted it.

Actually Spain legally forces players to attend to a national call up under a threat of suspending their federative licence.

Even if Xavi didn't want to go, he couldn't.
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaKizz Tue May 29, 2012 12:05 pm

free_cat wrote:
BarcaKizz wrote: Of course it is extremely disappointing and f***ing annoying, but they weren't forced to play. They chose to play, because they wanted it.

Actually Spain legally forces players to attend to a national call up under a threat of suspending their federative licence.

I've heard of this, but I highly doubt any of them feel they are forced to play. They play because they want to. If there was a Catalunya instead they'd play for it, otherwise they're happy to play for Spain.
BarcaKizz
BarcaKizz
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Adit Tue May 29, 2012 12:08 pm

free_cat wrote:

There is no proof suggesting any of current Barca players dont want to represent spain. The law is in many countries not just in spain. Not everyone is a seperatist and Xavi and co are happy wearing Spanish jersey.
Adit
Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Borussia Mönchengladbach

http://www.realmadridfootballblog.com

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Tue May 29, 2012 12:37 pm

Oh, don't get me wrong, all of the current Barça players want to play for Spain. But the law is there, and in some cases it has been a problem for players (Oleguer, a galician LB called Nacho, for some basketball and other sports...).
The think is that they can't choose. Democracy they call it. Very Happy
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by harhar11 Tue May 29, 2012 8:52 pm

Adit wrote:
free_cat wrote:

There is no proof suggesting any of current Barca players dont want to represent spain. The law is in many countries not just in spain. Not everyone is a seperatist and Xavi and co are happy wearing Spanish jersey.

The only one that I have heard that has admitted that he does not feel spanish is Pique but Xavi, Puyol and the other I have not heard them say anything like that..

--

And honestly, this is not my anti-madrid bias talking, but I really think that Xabi Alonso should be benched. Playing with him forces Xavi to play out of position and that makes Spain look as if they are out of ideas. If I would have been the Spanish NT coach I would chose either Alonso or Xavi not both of them, and Spain with Xavi>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Spain with Alonso..

harhar11
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by gondov Tue May 29, 2012 10:25 pm

yeh, I dont really see what xabi alonso does for spain. Busquets can easy do what he and xabi do, all on his own. The only 'slight contribtion is he's lng passes but then if uhave iniesta and xavi, teams are always on the back foot and so hes passes are hardly needed.

During the world cup, i saw once , alonso was substituted and the midfield started to flow very nicely. Xabi only prevents that xavi-iniesta patnership.

xavi-busuets-iniesta = midfield domination no matter which team in the world you face.
gondov
gondov
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Tue May 29, 2012 10:34 pm

Yea I would like to see either Alosno or Busquets play in defense.

What I don't like is losing the Alosno option everytime we bring on Navas.
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by gondov Tue May 29, 2012 10:39 pm

I think del dosq, is scared of benching alonso cz pple may think he favours barca players, but i think deep down he knows barca players can hold the midfield alone easly! fabregas, busquets, xaviesta. with villa, pedro potentially up front, pique- puyol at the back, he didnt want the team to appear as if it was barca (aka spain) national team.

People would think he is not a good a coach but just putting together an alreadly established pattern of play. but that he is responsible for the play tactically.
gondov
gondov
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Tue May 29, 2012 10:47 pm

gondov wrote:I think del dosq, is scared of benching alonso cz pple may think he favours barca players, but i think deep down he knows barca players can hold the midfield alone easly! fabregas, busquets, xaviesta. with villa, pedro potentially up front, pique- puyol at the back, he didnt want the team to appear as if it was barca (aka spain) national team.

People would think he is not a good a coach but just putting together an alreadly established pattern of play. but that he is responsible for the play tactically.

I told Kizz in another thread he had created the worst lineup possible.

But you sir, have outdone us all.

:bow:

Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by gondov Tue May 29, 2012 11:11 pm

lolll!! i didnt mean playing that group of plyers together.

but i think another option is toreefine busqets; role,mabe he should bemore attaking or bench/ rotate him.,
gondov
gondov
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by _LMG_10_ Tue May 29, 2012 11:12 pm

Xabi Alonso brings something different to the team - shooting from distance.

When they're circulating the ball so much, it's good to have a guy who can shoot it sometimes. He's a more direct player than Xavi and so he's needed. But I agree tha they shouldn't play at the same time.

_LMG_10_
Starlet
Starlet

http://www.eurofootballweb.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 6 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next