What would you have done with that 50mil?

+5
Soul
the xcx
Blue Barrett
Kick
fatman123
9 posters

Go down

What would you have done with that 50mil? Empty What would you have done with that 50mil?

Post by fatman123 Tue May 22, 2012 1:16 pm

Yes torres is improving, but lets face it, he hasnt reach anything near the heights he was meant to reach at chelsea, and all in all his singing has been a screw up

now if you were given that 50mil cheque and told you could use it to bid for any player you wanted to, who would you have bid for, remebering you dont have the benefit of seeing how players would develop over the rest of last season and all of last season, make your choice based on what we knew at the time we purchased torres

given that under Carlo we were reliant on wing play and the fact that malouda pretty much died in the off-season after the double season and was still our first choice LW, imo we needed to get someone in to replace him. Obviusly mata would be a good choice but at the time we didnt know how good he was and i doubt any of us at the time wouldve looked to him to save our season at the time, so im going to say that i wouldve bid that 50mil for Ribery, hes not that old, hes quick, hes creative and i think hes strong enough to handle the physicality of the PL

who would you have bid for?
fatman123
fatman123
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Corinthians

Back to top Go down

What would you have done with that 50mil? Empty Re: What would you have done with that 50mil?

Post by Kick Tue May 22, 2012 1:26 pm

back then or now?

Back then, Probably Rooney, he is pretty much in the same Boat as Torres was but would have done better with us.

Now, Falcao or Hazard.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

What would you have done with that 50mil? Empty Re: What would you have done with that 50mil?

Post by fatman123 Tue May 22, 2012 1:32 pm

Kick wrote:back then or now?

Back then, Probably Rooney, he is pretty much in the same Boat as Torres was but would have done better with us.

Now, Falcao or Hazard.

back then, forget everything thats happened in football since we singed torres

i really dont think Rooney has a price tag and remember all this happened a few months after Rooney had that massive saga and threatened to got ot city but then signed a new contract suddenly, but still how would you have used Rooney in a 4-3-3? bench Drogba?

i guess at the time it wouldve been justified to bench Drog, he was struggling for form after that malaria at the time
fatman123
fatman123
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Tue May 22, 2012 1:38 pm

He can play at CF or LW. and had we moved quickley we could have gotten him while he was unhappy.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Barrett Tue May 22, 2012 1:48 pm

Back then I still would have signed Aguero. He fits our style of play far more than Torres and is a more rugged player. Deal was almost done, instead they went for someone that was "proven in the premiere league". I never liked the change of plans but I had to deal with it anyway.
Blue Barrett
Blue Barrett
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by fatman123 Tue May 22, 2012 2:04 pm

Barrettinator wrote:Back then I still would have signed Aguero. He fits our style of play far more than Torres and is a more rugged player. Deal was almost done, instead they went for someone that was "proven in the premiere league". I never liked the change of plans but I had to deal with it anyway.

also a goood option, although dont you feel hes a bit of waste then hes outwide?
fatman123
fatman123
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by the xcx Tue May 22, 2012 2:06 pm

I would have bought Higuain in a blink of an eye.
the xcx
the xcx
Banned (Decade)

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Soul Tue May 22, 2012 3:05 pm

Barrettinator wrote:Back then I still would have signed Aguero. He fits our style of play far more than Torres and is a more rugged player. Deal was almost done, instead they went for someone that was "proven in the premiere league". I never liked the change of plans but I had to deal with it anyway.

I agree with this. If not for Torres, I'd have gone for Aguero.

There is NOBODY on the market that could truly replace Drogba. But I like how Torres is playing now, his workrate and pace is great. He is pretty strong and has skills too
Soul
Soul
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by iNFINITY9910 Tue May 22, 2012 4:50 pm

AGUERO... the only thing i didn't do is run naked on the street.. i wanted Aguero.. Sad
iNFINITY9910
iNFINITY9910
First Team
First Team

http://twitter.com/iNFINITY9910

Back to top Go down

Post by Soul Tue May 22, 2012 7:38 pm

haha I remember your obsession with Aguero! Mentioning his name in every thread you posted Razz
Soul
Soul
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by the xcx Tue May 22, 2012 7:40 pm

Soul wrote:haha I remember your obsession with Aguero! Mentioning his name in every thread you posted Razz
Juve fans were even more obsessed with him, they even made avatars and sigs Kun wearing an Juve shirt until when he joined City :vagi:
the xcx
the xcx
Banned (Decade)

Back to top Go down

Post by Abramovich Tue May 22, 2012 7:55 pm

Aguero or hell even Saurez (lol).
Abramovich
Abramovich
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Napoli

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Barrett Tue May 22, 2012 7:57 pm

Abramovich wrote:Aguero or hell even Saurez (lol).
What would you have done with that 50mil? No-meme
Blue Barrett
Blue Barrett
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Tue May 22, 2012 8:57 pm

Back then Aguero, not sure why Carlo wanted Torres over Aguero. Younger, more versatile, and on form.
Blue
Blue
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Abramovich Tue May 22, 2012 9:08 pm

Don't think Carlo ever wanted him, was a Roman transfer apparently......

Also I read somewhere that Chelsea peeps were worried that Aguero might flop and stuff.
Abramovich
Abramovich
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Napoli

Back to top Go down

Post by iNFINITY9910 Wed May 23, 2012 6:18 am

Nooooo Aguero would have never flopped Razz I knew it from my heart Sad
iNFINITY9910
iNFINITY9910
First Team
First Team

http://twitter.com/iNFINITY9910

Back to top Go down

Post by launchpad Wed May 23, 2012 11:05 am

i am Okay with Torres.

When he will fire, he will silence all critics.

Trust Me.
launchpad
launchpad
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Wed May 23, 2012 1:59 pm

Abramovich wrote:Don't think Carlo ever wanted him, was a Roman transfer apparently......

Also I read somewhere that Chelsea peeps were worried that Aguero might flop and stuff.

Ray Wilkins says otherwise, he also mentioned that Carlo wanted to sign Torres in the summer.

Carlo wanted to play his diamond formation.
Blue
Blue
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by fatman123 Fri May 25, 2012 10:27 pm

if we wer trying to replace Drogba with Torres then why not go for Llorente, hes the closest thing to Drogba in Europe right now
fatman123
fatman123
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by the xcx Fri May 25, 2012 10:32 pm

bad timing m8.
the xcx
the xcx
Banned (Decade)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum