The Official Arsenal Summer Transfers/Rumours Thread - Page 29 Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

The Official Arsenal Summer Transfers/Rumours Thread

+57
waitressinthesky
Mudcat
Kick
jcsc13
S
RealGunner
Fenris
BeamsvilleGooner
23arshavin23
The Verminator
silver
Emaharg
Flick
Be/\/ceCALI
Mr Nick09
sportsczy
Artilleristen
SchinnerC
Amar
usman111
Wilson37
6unner
dmize
Quinten Metsys
stano
Eman
boss
DuringTheWar
Gooner4ever
Ganso
REWB
Spider
Arsenalfaithfull
AnJl
SUPERCARTTS
beatrixasdfghjk.
Blue Barrett
DeviAngel
Lex
Sushi Master
TalkingReckless
gunner1987
Abramovich
djoe26
aleumdance
mani88
urbaNRoots
Twoism
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Onyx
lenear1030
SamuelJayC
MJ
Raptorgunner
Jay29
Sina
Sri
61 posters

Page 29 of 40 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 28, 29, 30 ... 34 ... 40  Next

Go down

The Official Arsenal Summer Transfers/Rumours Thread - Page 29 Empty Re: The Official Arsenal Summer Transfers/Rumours Thread

Post by REWB Fri Jun 15, 2012 1:13 am

Legend wrote:
REWB wrote:GK: szny/Martinez
CB: verm/kosi/djourou/mertesacker/
RB: sagna/coquelin/jenkinson/Kos (if needed)
LB: gibbs/santos/verm
DM: mvila/coquelin/song
CM: wilshere/song/arteta
AM: wilshere/rosicky
RW: Walcott/oxlade
LW: Podolski/gervinho
CF: RVP/giroud/Park?

I think Ryo and Campbell will go on loan again

and don't think dzegeov is coming

podolski can play CF aswell; arteta plays DM for us; song is simply NOT a DM anymore. hopefully dzegeov comes, not too sure about wilshere after injury, and rosicky is good but not what we need if we are going for a title challenge.

REWB
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

The Official Arsenal Summer Transfers/Rumours Thread - Page 29 Empty Re: The Official Arsenal Summer Transfers/Rumours Thread

Post by Sri Fri Jun 15, 2012 1:20 am

REWB wrote:GK: szny/?????????(fabianski wants to leave)
CB: verm/kosi/djourou/mertesacker/
RB: sagna/coquelin/jenkingson
LB: gibbs/santos/verm
DM: arteta/mvila
CM: wilshere/song/coquelin
AM: wilshere/rosicky/dzegeov
RW: Walcott/oxlade/campbell
LW: ryo/podolski/gervinho
CF: RVP/giroud/Campbell/podolski

Ahhh amazing depth in every position, it would be very good if we buy those 3 players. Only position I would be worried about is the GK. What happens if szny get injuried? I think we need an old back up keeper from somewhere.

Not sold on Dzagoev yet. Arshavin is not half the agent Per is, nor a quarter of what Kos could turn out to be. But lols aside, I am not convinced on M'Vila either. I am trying to think we have bagged Giroud, but then PSG must have felt the same about Thiago Silva before Milan pulled out? Nope. Not till its on arsenal.com.

However, to play at your game, this is how we might end up:

GK: Szczesny/Fabianski/Martinez

>>After injuries and lack of playing time, and not being in the Euros, I doubt Fabianski would find any taekrs. Mannone is young still and might yet manage to secure a move away. Martinez to be promoted then.

CB: Vermaelen/Koscielny/Mertesacker/Djourou + Bartley or Miquel

>>Rotation based on performance and fatigue. Bartley or Miquel - one to be loaned out full season, other to stay till December when we will eventually bow out of League Cup, and then go out on loan.

RB: Sagna/Jenkinson/Coquelin/Djourou
LB: Gibbs/Santos/Vermaelen

>>Seems well covered here.

DM/CM: Song/Frimpong/Coquelin/Wilshere/Ramsey/Arteta/(M'VILA)
AM: Wilshere/Rosicky/(DZAGOEV)

>>I refuse to see Song as a CM - that is encouraging his indiscipline as a DM, but AW knows best. The DM/CM roles should be changed to a more free DLP role, such that the players rotate, one staying back to cover for the full backs or to defend by breaking down attacks - not just tackling, but more emphasis on intercepting cleanly and retaining possession, giving a solid platform for building an attack. The midfield has to be fluid and comfortable in possession, and press hard when not. The need for a long term replacement for Rosciky and rotation with Wilshere stands out here.

RW: Walcott/Gervinho/Oxlade-Chamberlain
LW: Podolski/Gervinho/Oxlade-Chamberlain
CF: RvP/Podolski/(GIROUD)

>> I see both Ryo and Joel getting loaned. Bendtner, Vela and Chamakh sold. Park as well. Gervinho and Ox can play both wings. Ox could also slot into the AM role if needed. (I think Ox-Jack-M'Vila could be a formidable midfield, but would need atleast 2 years to be experienced enough). Then we are still short of a Yossi type player, and there seem no indications of us signing him back. I don't want Ramsey or Rosicky wasted on the wing.

ASSUMPTION : We manage to keep hold of RvP, Theo and Song. Also, the deals for Dzagoev, M'Vila and Giroud actually happen and they don't take an entire year to settle into the PL and injuries are kind on us for a change.

>> I would rather wait till the end of summer to see how the transfers wind up. But the need for reinforcements in clearly in the midfield now, with scope for one player who could cover both AM and the wing. DM is not a priority for me, though I will not say no to M'Vila. I will say no to Capoue or Biglia though.

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Quinten Metsys Fri Jun 15, 2012 6:29 am

Juventus have sent director and former star player Pavel Nedved to meet with Robin van Persie in order to tempt him to quit Arsenal for the Turin club.

The former Czech international was sent by Juve to meet with Van Persie at Holland's Euro 2012 training camp as they look to try and pip Manchester City to the prolific striker's signature.It is reported that the Serie A champions are keen for the Dutchman to be their major signing this summer, and as such have readied an attractive package to tempt him to Italy which includes a £25 million transfer fee as well as a £180,000-a-week contract.Arsenal have offered van Persie a three-year, £130,000-a-week deal as well as a £5 million signing-on fee.He looks likely to decide where his future lies once the Euros come to an end.

If Van Persie were to leave it would represent a huge blow in what could be a promising summer of recruitment for the Gunners.

They have already signed Lukas Podolski and look close to securing the services of Olivier Giroud.
Quinten Metsys
Quinten Metsys
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Quinten Metsys Fri Jun 15, 2012 8:07 am

Napoli have opened talks with Udinese about a move for Chelsea and Arsenal target Mehdi Benatia.(talkSPORT)
Quinten Metsys
Quinten Metsys
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Quinten Metsys Fri Jun 15, 2012 8:14 am

Salomon Kalou is back on Arsenal's wish-list.

The 26-year-old forward, a free agent now his Chelsea contract has expired, had talks about a cross-London switch in January and a free transfer could now be on the cards.

Gunners boss Arsene Wenger is a long-term admirer of the Ivory Coast international, who is keen on a move to the Emirates if it means more regular football, but has also been linked with Liverpool and German side Schalke.
Quinten Metsys
Quinten Metsys
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Quinten Metsys Fri Jun 15, 2012 8:16 am

The agent of Feyenoord defender Stefan De Vrij admits there's major interest in the youngster.

De Vrij has been a long-term target for Arsenal chief scout Steve Rowley.

"There are a number of clubs looking at Stefan, but we will make no further comment at this stage," Carl Thomas of SEG international told Sky Sports.
Quinten Metsys
Quinten Metsys
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Quinten Metsys Fri Jun 15, 2012 8:20 am

Samuelj29060 wrote:France Football: Squillaci in "advanced talks" with Ligue 1 side Bastia.

French clubs are chasing Arsenal defender Sebastien Squillaci.

Gunners boss Arsene Wenger has made the defender available for the summer market.

Newly promoted Bastia are showing the strongest interest, though Evian and Brest are also keen.

Razz Razz
Quinten Metsys
Quinten Metsys
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Quinten Metsys Fri Jun 15, 2012 8:22 am

Arsenal face competition from Bayern Munich for Rennes midfielder Yann M'Vila.

BILD says the two clubs are going head-to-head for the France international, who will be sold this summer.

Rennes are already planning to replace M'Vila with Celtic midfielder Victor Wanyama.

Arsenal have been in talks with M'Vila for some weeks, but have struggled to nail down a price with Rennes for his transfer.
Quinten Metsys
Quinten Metsys
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Quinten Metsys Fri Jun 15, 2012 8:23 am

Arsenal are eyeing Fulham attacker Moussa Dembele.

Russian sources say Arsenal are in talks to sell Andrey Arshavin to Zenit St Petersburg and will use the money raised to move for Dembele as a direct replacement.

Arsenal aim to sell Arshavin for £8 million.

Since the end of last season, Fulham have fielded approaches from Chelsea and Manchester United for the Belgium international.
Quinten Metsys
Quinten Metsys
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Quinten Metsys Fri Jun 15, 2012 8:23 am

Hamburg chief Frank Arnesen has ruled out a move for Arsenal striker Nicklas Bendtner.

The Dane is eager to leave Arsenal this summer after a season away on-loan at Sunderland.

"We no longer have any interest in him," said Arnesen.

"He wants a club that plays in Europe. Our interest in Bendtner was highest last summer, but we have not followed him closely recently."
Quinten Metsys
Quinten Metsys
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Quinten Metsys Fri Jun 15, 2012 8:28 am

Leeds United boss Neil Warnock fears losing teenage prodigy Aidy White.

Arsenal are keen on the 20-year-old winger, along with Werder Bremen,Lille and Newcastle United.
Quinten Metsys
Quinten Metsys
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by SamuelJayC Sat Jun 16, 2012 12:51 am

Schalke confirm Klaas-Jan Huntelaar has £17m release clause in contract. - http://t.co/SZuoEaix

Czech Republic right-back Theodor Gebre Selassie set to join Werder Bremen after impressive Euros. - http://t.co/r1nkMVh7

--------

Thought I'd post both of these stories. The Huntelaar news is very intriguing. Should Van Persie go, I know we'd have Podolski and Giroud, but could interest Wenger.

The second piece of news is just to alert people that were saying we should sign Selassie to cover for Sagna and send Jenkinson out on loan. Well, now, Selassie is not available it seems.
SamuelJayC
SamuelJayC
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

https://twitter.com/samuelJayC

Back to top Go down

Post by lenear1030 Sat Jun 16, 2012 2:10 am

Samuelj29060 wrote:Schalke confirm Klaas-Jan Huntelaar has £17m release clause in contract. - http://t.co/SZuoEaix

Czech Republic right-back Theodor Gebre Selassie set to join Werder Bremen after impressive Euros. - http://t.co/r1nkMVh7

--------

Thought I'd post both of these stories. The Huntelaar news is very intriguing. Should Van Persie go, I know we'd have Podolski and Giroud, but could interest Wenger.

The second piece of news is just to alert people that were saying we should sign Selassie to cover for Sagna and send Jenkinson out on loan. Well, now, Selassie is not available it seems.

Selassie has looked pretty good in the Euros. I think we'll be able to cope without Sagna though. I trust, Jenkinson and Coquelin will be able to cover as well.
lenear1030
lenear1030
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Sat Jun 16, 2012 10:52 am

Swansea target Arsenal's Nicklas Bendtner.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/swansea-target-arsenals-nicklas-bendtner-885611
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by SamuelJayC Sat Jun 16, 2012 5:49 pm

Bastia are now in "very advanced talks" with Sebastian Squillaci and hope to tie deal up in "next few days".

http://www.mercato365.com/bastia-squillaci-attendu-861307.shtml
SamuelJayC
SamuelJayC
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by TalkingReckless Sat Jun 16, 2012 7:39 pm

urbaNRoots wrote:Swansea target Arsenal's Nicklas Bendtner.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/swansea-target-arsenals-nicklas-bendtner-885611

He won't go there he rejected Hamburg because they didn't have CL or EL....
TalkingReckless
TalkingReckless
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by SamuelJayC Sat Jun 16, 2012 11:39 pm

Arsenal willing to let Robin van Persie leave for £30m, should he not accept a new contract. - http://t.co/G6B31wea

---

Rennes & France midfielder Yann M'Vila: "I like Arsenal & the Premier League." Would cost £17m. - http://t.co/vF7LABxv

SamuelJayC
SamuelJayC
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Sun Jun 17, 2012 3:14 am

Samuelj29060 wrote:Arsenal willing to let Robin van Persie leave for £30m, should he not accept a new contract. - http://t.co/G6B31wea

---

Rennes & France midfielder Yann M'Vila: "I like Arsenal & the Premier League." Would cost £17m. - http://t.co/vF7LABxv

If RVP wants to leave he can leave and M'vila please come to Arsenal.
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Amar Sun Jun 17, 2012 6:12 am

Well if Van Persie's thinking of leaving now, I don't know what we could have done to convince him.

We've already signed a top player in Podolski, and are heavily linked with one of the hottest properties in Europe with Giroud. And we'ed basically have one of the most complete and determined squad we've had in ages.
Amar
Amar
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Sun Jun 17, 2012 8:15 am

Amar wrote:Well if Van Persie's thinking of leaving now, I don't know what we could have done to convince him.

We've already signed a top player in Podolski, and are heavily linked with one of the hottest properties in Europe with Giroud. And we'ed basically have one of the most complete and determined squad we've had in ages.

Not yet complete. Our problems lies in the midfield and we have not yet addressed them. Our squad would be complete if we addressed those issues and also kept hold of RvP, Theo and Song.

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Sun Jun 17, 2012 8:27 am

:facepalm: I'm sick and tired of seeing our best player go every year.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by beatrixasdfghjk. Sun Jun 17, 2012 9:18 am

Anyone else notice that the article doesn't even mention a source?
Apart from PHW saying we can't compete with a 250k wage, but that's old news :coffee:.

beatrixasdfghjk.
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Sun Jun 17, 2012 9:30 am

Actually you're right it's only freakin Mirror who's reporting this.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by SamuelJayC Sun Jun 17, 2012 11:51 am

Express: Arsenal hope to complete signings of Giroud & M'Vila this summer, for combined £27m. - http://t.co/NUPdi6n5

SamuelJayC
SamuelJayC
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sina Sun Jun 17, 2012 6:58 pm

M'VILA: my ambition is to wear as soon as possible the shirt of a prestigious club, which is the Arsenal"
http://www.tuttomercatoweb.com/?action=read&id=361018

another made up possibly :coffee:
Sina
Sina
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by SamuelJayC Sun Jun 17, 2012 11:24 pm

Yann M'Vila: "My ambition is to, as soon as possible, wear the shirt of a prestigious club, which is Arsenal." #AFC (via reliable @Kiou11 )
SamuelJayC
SamuelJayC
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 29 of 40 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 28, 29, 30 ... 34 ... 40  Next