The Official Arsenal Summer Transfers/Rumours Thread - Page 16 Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

The Official Arsenal Summer Transfers/Rumours Thread

+57
waitressinthesky
Mudcat
Kick
jcsc13
S
RealGunner
Fenris
BeamsvilleGooner
23arshavin23
The Verminator
silver
Emaharg
Flick
Be/\/ceCALI
Mr Nick09
sportsczy
Artilleristen
SchinnerC
Amar
usman111
Wilson37
6unner
dmize
Quinten Metsys
stano
Eman
boss
DuringTheWar
Gooner4ever
Ganso
REWB
Spider
Arsenalfaithfull
AnJl
SUPERCARTTS
beatrixasdfghjk.
Blue Barrett
DeviAngel
Lex
Sushi Master
TalkingReckless
gunner1987
Abramovich
djoe26
aleumdance
mani88
urbaNRoots
Twoism
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Onyx
lenear1030
SamuelJayC
MJ
Raptorgunner
Jay29
Sina
Sri
61 posters

Page 16 of 40 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 28 ... 40  Next

Go down

The Official Arsenal Summer Transfers/Rumours Thread - Page 16 Empty Re: The Official Arsenal Summer Transfers/Rumours Thread

Post by Raptorgunner Tue May 29, 2012 8:06 pm

GoonerJay29 wrote:
Jay the only other club in EPL is bigger than us is Man u and they spend every year big why? cus they win trophies and players would die to go to Man u.

It also helps having several very lucrative commercial deals to bolster the coffers, which we don't have at this moment in time.

But the way the club is managed you are right we should be happy that we are beating teams like spurs, Everton and Fulham. From being one of the greatest team in the world to being happy we are doing better than mid table clubs.

Who said anything about being happy because we're doing better than Spurs, Everton and Fulham?

We've gone over this so many times. Self-sustainability does not mean we don't want to get back to our previous level. It does not mean we lack ambition. It does not mean we want to stay in our current position.

You, like a lot of fans, continually confuse what the club can do with what it wants to do. You regularly come to the conclusion that because the club can't spend as much as its rival, it must that they don't want to do it. Which is obviously not true, otherwise we wouldn't bother trying to sign good players at all. We'd just drop down to mid-table and stay there.

What are we offering players that we want to sign? nothing really other than fighting for top4 and if good money comes we will sell them. Our own captain does not want to be at the club anymore unless we show ambitions.

An opportunity to play in the Premier League. An opportunity to play for a club with a lot of hisotry. An opportunity to compete at a high level dometically and in Europe. Better wages.

Winning trophies is not the sole requirement for signing good players, or keeping good players.

We are a money making machine club and we can compete with any club in the world if we want too.

If we could do that, then why haven't we? The answer is we can't. It's as simple as that.

I see what you saying and I do agree with you on everything other than not being able to spend, we have one owner who is richer that Chelsea owner and the other is close enouph. So why cant we compete with big spenders?

We are not asking for much all we want is 2 or 3 quality players.

Hazard went to Chelsea becsue he knows they will sign players and they will compete for the biggest prize in football, more players will follow Hazard to Chelsea.

Just so you know I never really cared about Hazard and I would take Podolski over him any day and I know Oxlade will be as Hazard.

Last edited by Raptorgunner on Tue May 29, 2012 8:09 pm; edited 1 time in total

Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

The Official Arsenal Summer Transfers/Rumours Thread - Page 16 Empty Re: The Official Arsenal Summer Transfers/Rumours Thread

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Tue May 29, 2012 8:09 pm

Who says you wont get 2 or 3 quality players? you have already signed one and the window isnt even open yet lol.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Tue May 29, 2012 8:15 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:Who says you wont get 2 or 3 quality players? you have already signed one and the window isnt even open yet lol.

Well from past experience we are notorious for not signing players unless we have a gun hold at our head. Very Happy
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Tue May 29, 2012 8:30 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:
Raptorgunner wrote:
Former Arsenal midfielder Stewart Robson has slaughtered Theo Walcott.

Robson branded Walcott a "liability" on talkSPORT.

“It wouldn’t worry me if Theo Walcott were to leave tomorrow,” said Robson in reaction to reports Walcott is seeking a pay-rise.

“Theo Walcott, for me, is not a good footballer. He is an athlete who puts on a pair of football boots.

"He is quick, he is fast, but when he was younger he should have been taught how to be better technically, how to find space, how to find awareness. He has never done that and he is a liability when he is defending.

“For Theo Walcott to want more money, I would let him go.”
Shocked

Someone needs to tell him Walcott had better year than Bale, Nani, or any other Winger in EPL.

Dont worry its Stewart Robson he's a complete and utter buffoon......

During the France v Iceland game he said 3 of the stupidiest things i have ever heard.....

1. He said France wont be able to break down England they are not good enough

2. Ben Arfa is merely a counter attack player and cant break down deep defenses

3. Cabaye didnt effect the game against Iceland so i cant see him doing so against England..... Well of course he didnt effect the game he was the sole midfielder protecting the back 4 his job was to help out the defence not effect the game you f*cking fool.

Thats like saying Makelele is crap because he never scores ffs Laughing :facepalm:

Also no way in hell Montpellier would accept 8.5m plus Chamakh for Giroud thats basically 8.5m as Chamakh is useless and that nowhere near what someone of Giroud's quality would require.

I can't believe how we pay him to talk all that crap on Arsenal TV. If anyone has heard him on Arsenal TV will know what I'm talking about.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Tue May 29, 2012 8:35 pm

ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh just look at last season how the mature players contributed to our season.

big clubs build their teams around seasoned professionals, they dont gamble on unknowns........................

Which is exactly what we did. Or are Arteta, Mertesacker and van Persie not seasoned professionals? What about Rosicky and Benayoun? Even Walcott and Song have plentiful amounts of experience...

DO YOU SIT ON ARSENAL BOARD OR DO YOU HAVE ANY FINANCIAL INTERESTS IN ARSENAL ???

i think you do BECAUSE YOU THINK MORE LIKE A BANKER AND LESS LIKE A FAN.. YOU ARE MORE CONCERNED ABOUT LOSS THEN HAPPINESS WHEN WE SIGN SOME ONE LIKE KAKA, BENZEMA, SOME OTHER GREAT PLAYER.. YOU ARE SO HOPELESS............................................................................................................................................

Yes, actually. I'm a director at Arsenal and come on internet forums to argue with fans on the behalf of Peter Hill-Wood, who believes every fan is stupid and silly for thinking the club can buy players, because I've nothing better to do with my time or millions.

Forgive me for actually having a sense of perspective and being able to think more than a year ahead, as well as being realistic. I hope you'll excuse me for having concerns about the club's future while clubs left and right are going into administration for spending money they don't have.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla

Back to top Go down

Post by MJ Tue May 29, 2012 8:37 pm

Everyone give Jay a break, he's one of the most concise, logical and calculated Gooners here and he's as passionate about the Cannon as we all are.
MJ
MJ
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Tue May 29, 2012 8:48 pm

Reading usmans posts in this thread hurts my brain.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by djoe26 Tue May 29, 2012 8:49 pm

MJGunner wrote:Everyone give Jay a break, he's one of the most concise, logical and calculated Gooners here and he's as passionate about the Cannon as we all are.

Thumbs up

urbaNRoots wrote:Reading usmans posts in this thread hurts my brain.

Thumbs up
djoe26
djoe26
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Flick Tue May 29, 2012 11:10 pm

Raptorgunner wrote:

“It wouldn’t worry me if Theo Walcott were to leave tomorrow,” said Robson in reaction to reports Walcott is seeking a pay-rise.

“Theo Walcott, for me, is not a good footballer. He is an athlete who puts on a pair of football boots.

"He is quick, he is fast, but when he was younger he should have been taught how to be better technically, how to find space, how to find awareness. He has never done that and he is a liability when he is defending.

Shocked

Someone needs to tell him Walcott had better year than Bale, Nani, or any other Winger in EPL.

I'm sorry but this just bothers me that you say this when earlier this year you said Walcott was complete s***. Also we have 2 more months of transfer to go so.... yea.. BE PATIENT.

Flick
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Tue May 29, 2012 11:21 pm

djoe26 wrote:
MJGunner wrote:Everyone give Jay a break, he's one of the most concise, logical and calculated Gooners here and he's as passionate about the Cannon as we all are.

Thumbs up

Thumbs up

Can't agree more.

@Jay - Take a break man. Silly Season is when most people become impossible to talk sensibly with (including me, I guess). What I have understood is, everyone here absolutely adores the club in their own way and is very passionate about it. You have a very mature head on you and I find that commendable. But others prefer speaking from, proverbially, the heart and not the head. So just relax. Otherwise you will just be making the same points in the same endless arguments week-in and week-out. Smile

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Tue May 29, 2012 11:59 pm

Good advice. No need for me get riled up so easily... not this early in the summer, anyway.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Twoism Wed May 30, 2012 2:17 am

Good read, sum up my thoughts

http://arseblog.com/2012/05/if-only-richard-marx-could-have-warned-us-somehow/
Twoism
Twoism
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sushi Master Wed May 30, 2012 2:50 am

Damn, some of you guys are butthurt. Chill.

I'm actually more worried about letting the deadweight go than signing new players. There's plenty of time to sign players, and quality guys are available for decent prices.

40m for Götze? Dortmund won't budge. They've given Bayern the finger numerous times and are clearly wanting to build a legacy.

With Podolski in, a midfielder and some defensive depth the team's set.
Sushi Master
Sushi Master
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Wed May 30, 2012 3:00 am

srigooner wrote:
djoe26 wrote:

Thumbs up

Thumbs up

Can't agree more.

@Jay - Take a break man. Silly Season is when most people become impossible to talk sensibly with (including me, I guess). What I have understood is, everyone here absolutely adores the club in their own way and is very passionate about it. You have a very mature head on you and I find that commendable. But others prefer speaking from, proverbially, the heart and not the head. So just relax. Otherwise you will just be making the same points in the same endless arguments week-in and week-out. Smile

Very well said, and Jay we are lucky to have you here.
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Wed May 30, 2012 3:01 am

Flick wrote:
Raptorgunner wrote:

Shocked

I'm sorry but this just bothers me that you say this when earlier this year you said Walcott was complete s***. Also we have 2 more months of transfer to go so.... yea.. BE PATIENT.

Yes I have many times, but that was just the heat of the moment, some tough losses. At the end of the day a former Gunner should not go on a donkey radio and say that.
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Wed May 30, 2012 3:10 am

I just want to say the reason I am panicking is cus of RVP, if he had signed with us I would not give a shit about any other signings.
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by SchinnerC Wed May 30, 2012 3:21 am

Arsenalfaithfull wrote:Thought we learned from the cesc saga.... but no not arsenal. Ask i don't want de Kong... he is kinda like the enforcers we already have in song.... well minus the assists and the goals. The only de jong i would go for is Luke ..

Siem De Jong of Ajax? I think he'll be a perfect fit in Arsenal's midfield.
SchinnerC
SchinnerC
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Wed May 30, 2012 3:25 am

SchinnerC wrote:
Arsenalfaithfull wrote:Thought we learned from the cesc saga.... but no not arsenal. Ask i don't want de Kong... he is kinda like the enforcers we already have in song.... well minus the assists and the goals. The only de jong i would go for is Luke ..

We wish, its Nigel De Jong. Very Happy
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by SchinnerC Wed May 30, 2012 3:31 am

Raptorgunner wrote:
SchinnerC wrote:

We wish, its Nigel De Jong. Very Happy

I'm sure Wenger won't go for him, even on a bargain. He's nowhere near technical enough for Arsenal imo.
SchinnerC
SchinnerC
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Sushi Master Wed May 30, 2012 3:42 am

De Jong's not that technically useless, but no way it's happening.

I mean, he earns RVP level wages. Even if he'd come at a cheap transfer price, wages are what hurt most long term.
Sushi Master
Sushi Master
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by usman111 Wed May 30, 2012 9:28 am

GoonerJay29 wrote:
Which is exactly what we did. Or are Arteta, Mertesacker and van Persie not seasoned professionals? What about Rosicky and Benayoun? Even Walcott and Song have plentiful amounts of experience...

Yes, actually. I'm a director at Arsenal and come on internet forums to argue with fans on the behalf of Peter Hill-Wood, who believes every fan is stupid and silly for thinking the club can buy players, because I've nothing better to do with my time or millions.

Forgive me for actually having a sense of perspective and being able to think more than a year ahead, as well as being realistic. I hope you'll excuse me for having concerns about the club's future while clubs left and right are going into administration for spending money they don't have.

My guess was right. you try to prove the clubs sustainability model right. Its proved wrong for the past seven years. Arsenal were a big club they wanted trophies you no longer aim for them anymore. you people are more satisfied in finishing top4.
You people are all like wenger trying to say what he says, you guys have become deluded. you never demand them any thing and pay shit load of money on tickets etc etc. arsenal never replace players and every time all the work done last year is destroyed.

do you want revenue or do u want trophies ?
do you want ur club to be like everton or do you want to be like real madrid ?
do you think you will ever attract big name players after whats happened ?
arsenal are sinking ship going down slowly ?

Every person on that board cares more about money. hill wood and ivan said he would be happy if arsenal didnt finish top4.

arsenal dont play football they play business.

this arsenal forum is like a business forum. i am going to leave it permanently. i will join arsenal mania. take care and bye bye.
usman111
usman111
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by SamuelJayC Wed May 30, 2012 11:15 am

Djourou admits he could leave Arsenal this summer

'My situation at Arsenal is not easy,' he told 20min.ch. 'I’ve never played so little, and especially not in my own position.'

Laurent Koscielny and Thomas Vermaelen are the Gunners' first choice central defensive options, while Per Mertesacker adds further competition.

Djourou has found himself put at right-back, a position he is clearly uncomfortable in.

'If an interesting offer comes, I’ll look at it carefully,' he explained.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2151988/Johan-Djourou-considering-leaving-Arsenal.html
SamuelJayC
SamuelJayC
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

https://twitter.com/samuelJayC

Back to top Go down

Post by MJ Wed May 30, 2012 11:26 am

usman111 wrote:
GoonerJay29 wrote:

My guess was right. you try to prove the clubs sustainability model right. Its proved wrong for the past seven years. Arsenal were a big club they wanted trophies you no longer aim for them anymore. you people are more satisfied in finishing top4.
You people are all like wenger trying to say what he says, you guys have become deluded. you never demand them any thing and pay shit load of money on tickets etc etc. arsenal never replace players and every time all the work done last year is destroyed.

do you want revenue or do u want trophies ?
do you want ur club to be like everton or do you want to be like real madrid ?
do you think you will ever attract big name players after whats happened ?
arsenal are sinking ship going down slowly ?

Every person on that board cares more about money. hill wood and ivan said he would be happy if arsenal didnt finish top4.

arsenal dont play football they play business.

this arsenal forum is like a business forum. i am going to leave it permanently. i will join arsenal mania. take care and bye bye.

I have nothing but love for everyone on here but you usman, you've done nothing but spam this section and criticize our most respected members. Keep your pipe dream non-sensical fantasies with you and take them to Arsenal mania, good riddance.
MJ
MJ
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Wed May 30, 2012 11:52 am

What happened to Llorente's press conference? Not that I believed something I'm just sayin'.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Wed May 30, 2012 1:31 pm

Don't let the door hit you on the way out, usman.

What happened to Llorente's press conference? Not that I believed something I'm just sayin'.

I heard he was announcing the conception of a fruit company in his hometown, or something. Nothing footbal related.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Wed May 30, 2012 1:50 pm

Samuelj29060 wrote:Djourou admits he could leave Arsenal this summer

'My situation at Arsenal is not easy,' he told 20min.ch. 'I’ve never played so little, and especially not in my own position.'

Laurent Koscielny and Thomas Vermaelen are the Gunners' first choice central defensive options, while Per Mertesacker adds further competition.

Djourou has found himself put at right-back, a position he is clearly uncomfortable in.

'If an interesting offer comes, I’ll look at it carefully,' he explained.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2151988/Johan-Djourou-considering-leaving-Arsenal.html

At 65k a week I would get rid of him for what ever offer we get, or maybe a loan.
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 16 of 40 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 28 ... 40  Next