The Official Arsenal Summer Transfers/Rumours Thread - Page 5 Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

The Official Arsenal Summer Transfers/Rumours Thread

+57
waitressinthesky
Mudcat
Kick
jcsc13
S
RealGunner
Fenris
BeamsvilleGooner
23arshavin23
The Verminator
silver
Emaharg
Flick
Be/\/ceCALI
Mr Nick09
sportsczy
Artilleristen
SchinnerC
Amar
usman111
Wilson37
6unner
dmize
Quinten Metsys
stano
Eman
boss
DuringTheWar
Gooner4ever
Ganso
REWB
Spider
Arsenalfaithfull
AnJl
SUPERCARTTS
beatrixasdfghjk.
Blue Barrett
DeviAngel
Lex
Sushi Master
TalkingReckless
gunner1987
Abramovich
djoe26
aleumdance
mani88
urbaNRoots
Twoism
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Onyx
lenear1030
SamuelJayC
MJ
Raptorgunner
Jay29
Sina
Sri
61 posters

Page 5 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 22 ... 40  Next

Go down

The Official Arsenal Summer Transfers/Rumours Thread - Page 5 Empty Re: The Official Arsenal Summer Transfers/Rumours Thread

Post by AnJl Fri May 18, 2012 9:10 am

srigooner wrote:
Samuelj29060 wrote:Arsenal in talks with PSG regarding defender Mamadou Sakho - http://bit.ly/KwNGRT

Chances of Van Persie staying with Arsenal increase after Barcelona join Juventus in pulling out of race for striker - http://t.co/1AzqjpHA

Sakho is a CB nay? I don't get why we are being linked with CBs, like him and Jan Vertonghen, when we have 5 CBs in TV, Kos, Per, Djourou and Squid, four of whom have long term deals and the other we are looking to offload (take a guess who), and two excellent potentials in Miquel and Bartley waiting to get a chance in the first team.

What we lack is depth at full backs - and I don't want to see TV at LB and JD at RB again. We want genuine FBs to support the attack and defend solidly in our system. Santos is a hit and miss, Gibbs (though excellent on his day) is injury prone, Idk how well Sagna will recover and Carl is still young.. And we have nobody of note in the youth or reserves banging on AW's door asking for more opportunities..

And we might need a back-up GK for the younger Pole, given the older Pole wants to leave, as does Vito Mannone - Blondie doesn't count and Damien Martinez is also too young to be second-choice (though I have heard only good things about him till now)..

Yerranis? (sp)

I see a small problem with the back up goal keeping position.

Woj is only 21, and if he (God willing) stays for a good period of time, no one will want to really play second fiddle.

Unless we sign some 32 year old nobody

AnJl
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

The Official Arsenal Summer Transfers/Rumours Thread - Page 5 Empty Re: The Official Arsenal Summer Transfers/Rumours Thread

Post by Sri Fri May 18, 2012 9:27 am

AnJl wrote:
srigooner wrote:
Samuelj29060 wrote:Arsenal in talks with PSG regarding defender Mamadou Sakho - http://bit.ly/KwNGRT

Chances of Van Persie staying with Arsenal increase after Barcelona join Juventus in pulling out of race for striker - http://t.co/1AzqjpHA

Sakho is a CB nay? I don't get why we are being linked with CBs, like him and Jan Vertonghen, when we have 5 CBs in TV, Kos, Per, Djourou and Squid, four of whom have long term deals and the other we are looking to offload (take a guess who), and two excellent potentials in Miquel and Bartley waiting to get a chance in the first team.

What we lack is depth at full backs - and I don't want to see TV at LB and JD at RB again. We want genuine FBs to support the attack and defend solidly in our system. Santos is a hit and miss, Gibbs (though excellent on his day) is injury prone, Idk how well Sagna will recover and Carl is still young.. And we have nobody of note in the youth or reserves banging on AW's door asking for more opportunities..

And we might need a back-up GK for the younger Pole, given the older Pole wants to leave, as does Vito Mannone - Blondie doesn't count and Damien Martinez is also too young to be second-choice (though I have heard only good things about him till now)..

Yerranis? (sp)

I see a small problem with the back up goal keeping position.

Woj is only 21, and if he (God willing) stays for a good period of time, no one will want to really play second fiddle.

Unless we sign some 32 year old nobody

Umm.. Nico is too raw to count imo.. as is the case with Meade, who makes Nico look, erm, ripe? Razz [Don't say Le Coq le RB]

GK - Yeah, but I hope you don't mean a 33 year old blondie Razz

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Arsenalfaithfull Fri May 18, 2012 2:02 pm

ntowork permit.... so unfortunately no arsenal move for him. What a shame. He looked to typical wenger signing.
Arsenalfaithfull
Arsenalfaithfull
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Arsenalfaithfull Fri May 18, 2012 2:11 pm

No matias Suarez.... no work permit... god damn autocorrect
Arsenalfaithfull
Arsenalfaithfull
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sina Fri May 18, 2012 2:11 pm

Fantastic summer getting better and better :brickwall:
Sina
Sina
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by djoe26 Fri May 18, 2012 2:13 pm

srigooner wrote:

We always have injuries in our squad, specially to our defenders. I dont feel comfortable when JD is on the pitch. He did good job a season ago but now he seems to lose focus and is making silly mistakes. I dont know about his contract but i think we havnt extended his contract yet.

As for Squid, i dont even count him in Arsenal squad. He has been horrible all his arsenal career and i dont think he'll get any better. He needs to be sold as soon as possible.

Fabianski has told polish media that he'll leave for another club in summer. Now we have to buy a good backup keeper. We have Martinez who seems to be a good keeper but he has got no expierence.

djoe26
djoe26
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Arsenalfaithfull Fri May 18, 2012 2:28 pm

Are migrants work laws that much stricter in the UK ? How is it that he can b playing in Belgium for3 years and have work permit problems? Do arsenal nor have the power to override is problem?

Arsenalfaithfull
Arsenalfaithfull
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by beatrixasdfghjk. Fri May 18, 2012 2:35 pm

Arsenalfaithfull wrote:Are migrants work laws that much stricter in the UK ? How is it that he can b playing in Belgium for3 years and have work permit problems? Do arsenal nor have the power to override is problem?

Belgium for three years, shouldn't he have citizenship?
We can apply for special talent, which usually means he's played a looooooooooot of international games .__.

beatrixasdfghjk.
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Fri May 18, 2012 2:52 pm

Matias Suarez has been a Belgian citizen for three years. He qualifies for Belgian citizenship now. Paperwork for these things tend to take a while.

The reason why we didn't sign him in January was because he didn't qualify for a permit. He does now. I wouldn't be surprised if the deal happened.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla

Back to top Go down

Post by Sina Fri May 18, 2012 2:56 pm

Matias Suarez can not go to England
The chances are that Anderlecht striker Matias Suarez lost plays this summer, have fallen. The fiduciaries of the Professional Footballer of the Year have thoroughly studied the case and concluded that Suarez gets no work permit for the English Premier League.

Non-EU players are allowed there only if 75 percent of international matches for their country played in the last two years. That Suarez for an exception - namely that there - is excluded.

Spain is also difficult

Even a transfer to Spain is difficult since Anderlecht works with bank guarantees. Given the precarious financial situation of the Spanish club that is now difficult. Suarez is without surgery on the knee went on vacation. Adequate rest would have to get him fit again.
http://translate.google.co.uk/translate?hl=en&sl=nl&u=http://www.nieuwsblad.be/sportwereld/&ei=UxO2T72GLced0QW1-OCRCg&sa=X&oi=translate&ct=result&resnum=1&ved=0CGcQ7gEwAA&prev=/search%3Fq%3DNieuwsblad%2Bsport%26hl%3Den%26biw%3D1366%26bih%3D641%26prmd%3Dimvns

Thats where all this come from hmm
Sina
Sina
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Fri May 18, 2012 3:35 pm

You don't need a UK work permit if you're a European citizen. If he gets Belgian citizenship, they'll be able to forego the whole work permit process and he can join.

The problems, of course, are that getting that citizenship can be a difficult process and take a long time to do.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Fri May 18, 2012 3:38 pm

Stade Rennais confirms: M'Vila to decide his destination next week.

The French international will play its last match with Rennes on Sunday against Dijon, on the occasion of the 38th and last day of Ligue 1. To leave on a good note, Yann M'Vila wants the qualification of his club in the Europa League and hopes to celebrate all this with its partners by making a victory lap. For the rest, the middle of Rennes said this morning that his choice of his future club (Arsenal, Manchester City, Manchester United, Inter Milan ...) was not arrested. It should make its decision next week. (google translate)

http://www.ouest-france.fr/sport/foot_staderennais_detail_-Stade-Rennais-M-Vila-n-a-pas-choisi-sa-destination_44096-2078190_actu.Htm
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by SamuelJayC Fri May 18, 2012 8:08 pm

Yann M'Vila: "I thank Mr.Antonetti (Rennes coach) for what he has done for me. My Future? I will say after Sunday." - http://bit.ly/KvV2kW
SamuelJayC
SamuelJayC
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

https://twitter.com/samuelJayC

Back to top Go down

Post by MJ Fri May 18, 2012 8:30 pm

Two days time will tell. I was excited before the rumors of Viera meeting with him emerged. I've pretty much lost most of my respect for him. If you captain and become a legend at a club, you don't go and make a huge rival more powerful and criticize the club. Not classy at all.

What do you guys think he'll choose?
MJ
MJ
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sina Fri May 18, 2012 8:37 pm

i heard his travel was related to opening of new academy by one of his friends and not about M'Vila hmm
it's Done Deal Wink
Sina
Sina
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Fri May 18, 2012 8:38 pm

Well the front-runners appear to be us, Inter Milan and, if those stories about Vieira are to be believed, Man City.

City can offer him tons of money, but we do have the Wenger factor.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Fri May 18, 2012 9:43 pm

“I hope that my adventure with Arsenal has come to an end,” Fabianski told Gazeta Wyborcza.

“I intend to leave and play in a strong league. I wanted to leave in the winter, too, but Arsene Wenger did not give a green light.”
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Spider Fri May 18, 2012 10:21 pm

Fabbi Sad Noo

Spider
Spider
First Team
First Team

http://twitter.com/#!/ma7moud_21

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Sat May 19, 2012 12:08 am

GoonerJay29 wrote:Well the front-runners appear to be us, Inter Milan and, if those stories about Vieira are to be believed, Man City.

Viera + Moneybags worked for CA$ri.. Idk how powerful AW factor is now, really..

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by djoe26 Sat May 19, 2012 12:30 am

Jamie Sanderson ‏@YoungGunsBlog
All quiet on transfer scene. Yann M'Vila confirmed today info from last week: no official contact with Arsenal. This one will run.

hmm

Jamie Sanderson ‏@YoungGunsBlog

Arsenal have dropped interest in Matías Suárez. DH report #AFC told he won get work permit, and at 24, not special talent.
djoe26
djoe26
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sina Sat May 19, 2012 12:36 am

Just wait 2-3 Days and we will know about M'Vila Wink
Sina
Sina
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Sat May 19, 2012 12:48 am

srigooner wrote:
GoonerJay29 wrote:Well the front-runners appear to be us, Inter Milan and, if those stories about Vieira are to be believed, Man City.

Viera + Moneybags worked for CA$ri.. Idk how powerful AW factor is now, really..

For a young, French talent, the opportunity to work with Arsene Wenger, the man who helped develop legends like Vieira and Henry, would be huge. I see no reason why the prospect of working under him wouldn't be a factor in a young, French player's decision to move clubs.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Sat May 19, 2012 1:16 am

Because working with Wenger doesn't guarantee you 7 Jaguars in the drive-ways of your 3 houses
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Valencia

Back to top Go down

Post by SamuelJayC Sat May 19, 2012 12:57 pm

Craig Gordon released by Sunderland.

Craig Gordon has started just 54 of Sunderland's last 152 Premier League games.
SamuelJayC
SamuelJayC
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Sat May 19, 2012 1:05 pm

It would be nice if we get Gordon and let Fabianski go.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by SamuelJayC Sat May 19, 2012 2:54 pm

Arsenal are understood to be leading the chase for Birmingham's Foday Nabay and hope to conclude a deal next week - http://t.co/uzcroSTP

SamuelJayC
SamuelJayC
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 22 ... 40  Next