Adit
RED
DuringTheWar
aleumdance
aford92
40 posters

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

England Euro 2012 Squad Announced - Page 5 Empty Re: England Euro 2012 Squad Announced

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Wed May 16, 2012 7:13 pm

aleumdance wrote:jeez Guys..

Is it not obvious Woy picked an "averagely good" side cuz that who he does best with?

most of you would eat your words here

Nothing to do with Roy it doesnt matter what Roy does he will pick average players because this country is full of it.....

Overrated, overpaid average players...... just take a good look at the players.

It screams out mediocrity.

I have been saying for months that we wont even get out of the group stage and now you all see why or atleast you should do.

Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

England Euro 2012 Squad Announced - Page 5 Empty Re: England Euro 2012 Squad Announced

Post by Charrua Wed May 16, 2012 7:19 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:
Charrua wrote:I feel for the english :/ they have the squad depth and players to definatly go places.. (even if they are over hyped) it seems their mentality is what fails them. Each one plays for themselves instead of their country. The Italians all play for their country and when they put the Italian jersey they try to behave as a unit and see no club rivalries.. thats just how i see things though

No we dont, most of the players are overrated trash or players who " supposedly" have talent but done f*ck all to prove it.....

We have Hart in goal.....Wilshere in midfield.... and Rooney upfront and that is it the rest of the decent players are coming to an end and there is nothing on the horizon that could replace them.....

Even if we did play for the shirt it would'nt mean f*ck all as we dont have the talent or the tactical know how.

That's the difference between us and Italy..... they have talent and understand tactics and systems and play for the shirt.....

We have none of that.

You don't necessarily need extremely talented players, if you can manage to get 23 club players when many of them are ignorant uneducated *bleep* to play for a common goal you can achieve something.

For example Uruguay... And pls dont say we have many good players we really dont..
Charrua
Charrua
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Wed May 16, 2012 7:22 pm

I would swap our best eleven for Uruguay's in a heart beat......

I agree we dont care as much as other countrys but that isnt the only problem.... we have a lack of talent, to go with a lack of tactical understanding and managers that are stuck in the 70s....
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Charrua Wed May 16, 2012 7:28 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:I would swap our best eleven for Uruguay's in a heart beat......

I agree we dont care as much as other countrys but that isnt the only problem.... we have a lack of talent, to go with a lack of tactical understanding and managers that are stuck in the 70s....
really now? players like glen johnson and an ashely cole for maxi and alvaro periera?
lampard,jones, and barry for perez,rios and gargano,
Rooney for suarez?
cahil for godin?
walcott, or AOX for Alvaro gozalez
Gerrard for lodeiro,ramirez, or forlan
terry for lugano
hart for muslera

theres a clear talent gap

Last edited by Charrua on Wed May 16, 2012 7:30 pm; edited 2 times in total
Charrua
Charrua
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by RED Wed May 16, 2012 7:29 pm

EarlyPrototype wrote:How can Smalling and Richards not be picked?

fricking owl.

Injury ruled out Smalling.
RED
RED
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Wed May 16, 2012 7:32 pm

Charrua wrote:
Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:I would swap our best eleven for Uruguay's in a heart beat......

really now? players like glen johnson and an ashely cole for maxi and alvaro periera?
Rooney for suarez?
cahil for godin?

No theres a HYPE gap...... and your underrated your players quite considerably.....

Plus Gerrard, Lampard, Terry, Cole etc etc are all past thier sell by date.....

And Barry, Cahill, Jones, Johnson etc etc are all ridiculously overrated.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Be/\/ceCALI Wed May 16, 2012 7:33 pm

Hodgson for the job was just such an unbelievable choice. im still baffled by it, i don't rate him at all. I would've picked Droopy..the guy is a better short-term manager

I agree with Barrettinator that Smalling is overrated. Matpol's comment was very assholeish, but I don't agree that England would walk all over Poland, tbh..

Rio is past it so it's no surprise he didn't get a call-up. I think Cahill + Slippy should be the CB's, not Klingon. Cole + Johnson at fullback are automatic starters without doubt. If Cole plays badly, Baines should replace him.

I like Bhends' line-up but one of Gerrard/Lamps should play over Barry. Carrick is a good passer and pretty creative, on good form. No call-up for him is a mistake. Downing is not the creative player to bring...

Rooney will start in attack but I think Sturridge should've been called up because he's better than Welbeck. Walcott's form will be KEY. I'm not sure if Ox is ready to start, even though he could be the most talented attacker England have on paper. Aaron Lennon would've been a great back-up player.

Wilshere won't be playing, which is a HUGE loss for England but big + for Arsenal.
Be/\/ceCALI
Be/\/ceCALI
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by RED Wed May 16, 2012 7:36 pm

Smalling is not overrated. After Vidic and Rio, he is our best defender. The guy is a great talent, he has both Rio and Vidic's attributes combined.

Will be a beast of a defender in 2 years time.

Edit- The poster above says Rio is past it, how? He was starting nearly all our games for the last 3 months. Some people just post things without backing up what they say.

Last edited by RED 80s. on Wed May 16, 2012 7:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
RED
RED
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by II Capitano Wed May 16, 2012 7:37 pm

Richards, Ferdinand, and Carrick should have been included. Jones was only included because of his versatility, but in Richards you have the best right back in England. What's more worse is that Walker was going to be considered ahead of him, had he not been injured. With Ferdinand, it's blatantly obvious that he's been better than Terry this season, but clearly Terry has said the racist incident or whatever isn't going to effect/affect him, which is futile and desperate. Carrick is the best English midfielder, and he is exactly what England has been missing in the last tournaments. I'm actually glad that Arsenal fans, Chelsea fans, etc. have acknowledge this and how good he has been this season. Essentially, England lacks a player of his calibre, he is best suited in Europe, and is a luxury.

I don't support England, but I do wish the FA and Hodgson made it easier for themselves, instead of making laughable decisions. At least with Redknapp, I have no doubt that he would have taken a pragmatic approach.
II Capitano
II Capitano
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Charrua Wed May 16, 2012 7:38 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:
Charrua wrote:

Rooney for suarez?
cahil for godin?

No theres a HYPE gap...... and your underrated your players quite considerably.....

Plus Gerrard, Lampard, Terry, Cole etc etc are all past thier sell by date.....

And Barry, Cahill, Jones, Johnson etc etc are all ridiculously overrated.
Hype must generate from somewhere though. I dont underate them. Im just basing it off the fact that for examples ur defense and midfield is made up of arsenal,united,chelsea,city, and liverpool who are some of the best club sides in the world.
While my defense in midield is made up of players from atletico,napoli,porto,benfica,tijuajana,lazio.

as overhyped as they are you cannot deny they are quality
Charrua
Charrua
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Be/\/ceCALI Wed May 16, 2012 7:43 pm

RED 80s. wrote:Smalling is not overrated. After Vidic and Rio, he is our best defender. The guy is a great talent, he has both Rio and Vidic's attributes combined.

Edit- The poster above says Rio is past it, how? He was starting nearly all our games for the last 3 months. Some people just post things without backing up what they say.

It's clear to see that Smalling has great potential but i think he's still too raw to be starting CB for England, which is why I think he's overrated by the media and United fans (no offense)

Rio is still good but he's not the beast that i've been used to seeing the last few years. He may have been starting all your games but does that mean he's still one of England's best CBs? I don't think so. He's too slow now, he's lazier, and he's much more error prone. Having Vidic out doesn't help his case either. I believe Fergie even said he needs to adjust his game because he can't play like he used to anymore. Isn't that the reason he's being asked to take a big pay-cut?
Be/\/ceCALI
Be/\/ceCALI
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Swanhends Wed May 16, 2012 7:44 pm

BhritanniaBhlue wrote:
Hart
Johnson Cahill Terry Cole
Walcott Milner Barry ox/young
Rooney Welbeck

The English way :bow:

Here's a possible alternative for the group stage:

Hart
Johnson Cahill Terry Cole
Parker
Sexlade Milner
Walcott --------------- Young
Carroll
Swanhends
Swanhends
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Wed May 16, 2012 7:49 pm

Yeah from the english media which is watched all over the world and is one massive propaganda tool to brain wash most of the world.....

Why do you think the premier league is the most watched when out of all the big leagues it has the least technique? its all hype.....

Same with the english national team apart from a few special players most of the team is very very average but it isnt the only problem..... as i already pointed out.

Anyway as i already said most of the players are past it or ridiculously overrated....

Just look at the squad its just painfully average....
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by II Capitano Wed May 16, 2012 7:50 pm

Be/\/ceCALI wrote: It's clear to see that Smalling has great potential but i think he's still too raw to be starting CB for England, which is why I think he's overrated by the media and United fans (no offense)

Rio is still good but he's not the beast that i've been used to seeing the last few years. He may have been starting all your games but does that mean he's still one of England's best CBs? I don't think so. He's too slow now, he's lazier, and he's much more error prone. Having Vidic out doesn't help his case either. I believe Fergie even said he needs to adjust his game because he can't play like he used to anymore. Isn't that the reason he's being asked to take a big pay-cut?

Smalling isn't overrated. If he was, then the media would be all over him, which definitely isn't the case. I don't know any United fans who rate him really highly, but fair enough. Apart from the error to let Kompany past him easily, he has been fairly solid, regardless of how little he has featured, compared to last season.

Despite not having his best season, Ferdinand has still been better than the majority of English centre-backs this season. The only centre-back who has been better than him is Lescott, who has been monstrous. In the past, pace, stamina, etc. hasn't mattered, because it's always been about the midfield for England, which has done little to protect the defence. What has been massively exaggerated is Ferdinand's decline, he hasn't been as bad as the media has suggested.
II Capitano
II Capitano
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by RED Wed May 16, 2012 8:09 pm

Be/\/ceCALI wrote:
RED 80s. wrote:Smalling is not overrated. After Vidic and Rio, he is our best defender. The guy is a great talent, he has both Rio and Vidic's attributes combined.

It's clear to see that Smalling has great potential but i think he's still too raw to be starting CB for England, which is why I think he's overrated by the media and United fans (no offense)

Smalling gets hype because his talent merits it, but the media don't really give him much attention or as much as, let's say, Phil Jones. Nobody apart from United fans really bigs up Smalling tbh. But it comes with the territory when a youngster is making his mark at a big club in England. They get more attention and the media build them up.

Ferdinand didn't get picked because he struggles to play games in short periods of time. It had nothing to do with the fact he is past it. He has been of our best defenders in the absence of Vidic.
RED
RED
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Barrett Wed May 16, 2012 8:33 pm

talkshite wanking all over Woy. :facepalm:
Blue Barrett
Blue Barrett
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Wed May 16, 2012 8:35 pm

No NT section? Dat english bias...:vagi:
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Abramovich Wed May 16, 2012 8:43 pm

Lol Jones over Richards GTFO, Walker is sooooooooooooooooo overrated as well.

Downing FTW he will be the Euro 2012 player of the tournament haters gonna hate Thumbs up .
Abramovich
Abramovich
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Napoli

Back to top Go down

Post by Charrua Wed May 16, 2012 8:47 pm

Isnt Downing generally a decent perfomer for england
Charrua
Charrua
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by animal.crackers Wed May 16, 2012 8:50 pm

Joleon Lescott - 90% tackle success rate. Best of any English player.

I really don't see why they would not play him, especially watching the match against Spain.
animal.crackers
animal.crackers
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by EarlyPrototype Wed May 16, 2012 8:51 pm

Lescott on his day is solid.

I won't be surprised if Woy starts him considering England's lack of quality.
EarlyPrototype
EarlyPrototype
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by vivabarca38 Tue May 22, 2012 7:12 pm

England Imo would have a good chance to win the Euros if Wilshere wasn't injured and they chose the right squad

Hart
Richards-Terry-Cahill-Cole
Wilshere-Lampard
Lennon J.Cole Ox/Sturridge
Rooney
Thats a Really good team right there.
vivabarca38
vivabarca38
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Borussia Mönchengladbach

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Tue May 22, 2012 7:27 pm

I cant believe how Jones has been called over Smalling :facepalm:

Smalling has potential, He already looks excellent for his age as a CB.

Jones on the other hand :facepalm:
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Tue May 22, 2012 7:31 pm

No Cleverly?
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Tue May 22, 2012 8:55 pm

It's great to dream...
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by MarkForrest17 Tue May 22, 2012 9:00 pm

I'd swap USA's best 11 for englands in a heart beat.. T___T
MarkForrest17
MarkForrest17
Prospect
Prospect

Club Supported : Corinthians

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next