Sina
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Sri
beatrixasdfghjk.
SamuelJayC
35 posters

Page 13 of 15 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14, 15  Next

Go down

Arsenal players at Olympic games 2012 - Page 13 Empty Re: Arsenal players at Olympic games 2012

Post by Jay29 Thu Jul 26, 2012 10:54 pm

Players don't always improve and mature when they're young, though. Many young players have a rough time of it and never completely recover.

Ramsey did have issues last season and the fact is he has to improve this year. People aren't hating or jumping to conclusions when they say that. Yes, some of the criticism has been ridiculous and completely unwarranted (plenty of examples in this forum), but some have been justifiable.

As much as people were being harsh and as much as we want to give players the benefit of the doubt, we should not turn a blind-eye to apparent faults in a player.

Not many have said that Ramsey won't ever improve and is a lost cause. A lot of us want him to improve and think he will.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Arsenal players at Olympic games 2012 - Page 13 Empty Re: Arsenal players at Olympic games 2012

Post by Sri Thu Jul 26, 2012 10:55 pm

He has among the best work rates in our team tbh.. I can't be arsed enough to search for the stat, but maybe later.. I thought he was better defensively than Cesc, might be wrong here..

Eduardo was so scared after his injury that we had to ship him to another league.. I think Ramsey has handled himself much much better..

Same with Rosicky, Sagna and Frimpong.. And hopefully Wilshere.. I won't comment on Diaby unless he plays 10 games w/o another injury..

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Thu Jul 26, 2012 11:02 pm

GoonerJay29 wrote:Players don't always improve and mature when they're young, though. Many young players have a rough time of it and never completely recover.

Ramsey did have issues last season and the fact is he has to improve this year. People aren't hating or jumping to conclusions when they say that. Yes, some of the criticism has been ridiculous and completely unwarranted (plenty of examples in this forum), but some have been justifiable.

As much as people were being harsh and as much as we want to give players the benefit of the doubt, we should not turn a blind-eye to apparent faults in a player.

Not many have said that Ramsey won't ever improve and is a lost cause. A lot of us want him to improve and think he will.

I agree that there are players who are late bloomers, like Giroud. But Ramsey pre-injury showed what he was capable of and how much he was improving with each game, at a younger age. The fact was, with Song and Cesc, he had far less pressure on him. Players develop when you don't pile on them.

I am not saying Ramsey is flawless. None of our players are. There is always room for improvement. But at some point, it is just frustrating to see witch hunts and "XYZ is shit" and "sell XYZ now" threads. Examples abound here, as you agree. And that is very much equivalent of saying 'lost cause' or 'won't ever improve' or 'gtfo'.

Maybe I should take some time off before I go completely mental here. Last month it was Mertesacker. Yesterday I had the same argument with some people here about Theo. And now Ramsey.

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Back to top Go down

Post by SamuelJayC Thu Jul 26, 2012 11:46 pm

Ramsey trying to be cocky again with his passing - lost the ball and cost GB a goal. Impressed elsewhere in the game though, including great run and set up for Sordell who hit the bar.

But Ramsey REALLY has to step it up. If Wilshere, Diaby & Cazorla (if he signs) available, I dont' see Ramsey ever playing.
SamuelJayC
SamuelJayC
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Arsenal

https://twitter.com/samuelJayC

Back to top Go down

Post by Sina Fri Jul 27, 2012 5:45 pm

Sina
Sina
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by djoe26 Fri Jul 27, 2012 5:46 pm

Sina :bow:
djoe26
djoe26
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sina Sun Jul 29, 2012 6:31 pm

park scored for s.korea banana
Sina
Sina
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sina Sun Jul 29, 2012 7:06 pm

GB team vs UAE: Butland, Richards, Caulker, Tomkins, Taylor, Cleverley, Ramsey, Allen, Giggs, Bellamy, Sordell.

also djoe :bow:

update:short vid

Sina
Sina
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Sun Jul 29, 2012 7:10 pm

Park should play ahead of Chamakh for Arsenal IMHO.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Sun Jul 29, 2012 9:36 pm

Ramsey played right midfield for Team GB and was excellent. He worked hard getting forwards and backwards all game and linked up really well with Giggs and Cleverly, which contributed a lot to a fluid performance. Also made a few key passes to get players in behind UAE's backline.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla

Back to top Go down

Post by SamuelJayC Sun Jul 29, 2012 9:40 pm

Park > Chamakh
SamuelJayC
SamuelJayC
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Sun Jul 29, 2012 9:41 pm

Samuelj29060 wrote:Park > Chamakh
Atm, I am tempted to agree.

Chamakh scored 0 goals in preseason.

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Back to top Go down

Post by Sina Sun Jul 29, 2012 9:42 pm

UAE made Asia proud really
do they run out of batteries?towards the end hmm
Sina
Sina
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Sun Jul 29, 2012 9:54 pm

When they equalised, the UAE were on top but then their keeper made a mistake which resulted in Sinclair scoring. They gave the ball in midfield and were countered by GB for the third.

Pretty much the makers of their own downfall. They might have gotten something out of the game with a more solid defence and less mistakes.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by SamuelJayC Sun Jul 29, 2012 10:17 pm

I watched bits and pieces of the GB-UAE game but I was busy tonight doing other things. Ramsey did very well from what I saw though.
SamuelJayC
SamuelJayC
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Sun Jul 29, 2012 10:32 pm

From what I remember Ramsey could've had two assists IF Sturridge and Bellamy would've been a little bit more clinical. Good display from Ramsey although he still looked a bit sloppy with his short passing and his first-touch let him down several times.

No one cares here but Bellamy was excellent.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Sun Jul 29, 2012 10:34 pm

Bellamy will perform brilliantly and guide 'Team GB' to the finals, then pick up an injury and miss the first 3 months of the PL season for Liverpool.
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Quinten Metsys Mon Jul 30, 2012 5:34 am

urbaNRoots wrote:Park should play ahead of Chamakh for Arsenal IMHO.

THIS.

I remember Srigooner stating that Park is barely good for the reserves.On the contrary,I think he played very well for the reserves and even scored goals,if I am correct.And his goal vs. Bolton oozed of class as well.

I seriously don't understand why he was given any chances in the league,even when Chamakh's form was shite.If it was a PR stunt,it was a complete failure since we already have Ryo and we didn't give any chance for Park as well.

AW is ready to trust Chamakh despite his HUGE shortcomings but he is not ready to give Park chances.I don't know what else Park has to do get a pop at the first team.During his time at Arsenal,he scored for the Reserves,for the First team in COC and for Korea as well.What did Chamakh do during the same period of time?

Spoiler:
Quinten Metsys
Quinten Metsys
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by MJ Mon Jul 30, 2012 5:50 am

ernie_schwarz wrote:

THIS.

I remember Srigooner stating that Park is barely good for the reserves.On the contrary,I think he played very well for the reserves and even scored goals,if I am correct.And his goal vs. Bolton oozed of class as well.

I seriously don't understand why he was given any chances in the league,even when Chamakh's form was shite.If it was a PR stunt,it was a complete failure since we already have Ryo and we didn't give any chance for Park as well.

AW is ready to trust Chamakh despite his HUGE shortcomings but he is not ready to give Park chances.I don't know what else Park has to do get a pop at the first team.During his time at Arsenal,he scored for the Reserves,for the First team in COC and for Korea as well.What did Chamakh do during the same period of time?

Spoiler:

Smoked hookah with an opposing player after a crucial loss.

Arsenal players at Olympic games 2012 - Page 13 Article-1333454719424-1270FF2E000005DC-78592_466x310

And attempted the world record for tightest shirt worn with least amount of f-cks given.

MJ
MJ
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Mon Jul 30, 2012 5:55 am

ernie_schwarz wrote:

THIS.

Spoiler:

Ofcourse nothing personal, you have the right to your views, just as I have to mine Thumbs up

My judgement is purely based on what AW sees in training week in and week out, and what I read from ITK blogs, including Younggunsblog, Arseblog and Ashburton Grove. Park didn't get many chances last season to prove himself, but neither did Chamakh. But despite being goal shy, Chamakh still offers something different to our other strikers, barring Giroud now. I can't see Park in the same light.

Also, I can't understand why we signed him in the first place. If we are looking to sell him now, it only implies AW did a panic buy so that he didnt have to play Arshavin as a striker when RvP got injured.

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Back to top Go down

Post by Sina Tue Jul 31, 2012 9:09 pm

Sina
Sina
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by AnJl Wed Aug 01, 2012 11:41 am

Sina wrote:

Other than a few misplaced passes , it is very encouraging to see him play quite well. Also had no problem getting stuck into tackles.
AnJl
AnJl
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Wed Aug 01, 2012 12:21 pm

We can't forget about the Women's Team GB. Arsenal Ladies full back Steph Houghton has scored all three of their goals in all three of their wins. They beat Brazil last night in front of 70,000 people at Wembley - amazing turn out for the game.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Wed Aug 01, 2012 12:24 pm

GoonerJay29 wrote:We can't forget about the Women's Team GB. Arsenal Ladies full back Steph Houghton has scored all three of their goals in all three of their wins. They beat Brazil last night in front of 70,000 people at Wembley - amazing turn out for the game.

Are the chicks that smokin' hot?! Shocked

Lol, jk.

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Wed Aug 01, 2012 12:30 pm

srigooner wrote:
GoonerJay29 wrote:We can't forget about the Women's Team GB. Arsenal Ladies full back Steph Houghton has scored all three of their goals in all three of their wins. They beat Brazil last night in front of 70,000 people at Wembley - amazing turn out for the game.

Are the chicks that smokin' hot?! Shocked

Lol, jk.

Arsenal players at Olympic games 2012 - Page 13 Untitl10

That JUMP! They counted each spectator twice or something? scratch

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Wed Aug 01, 2012 12:39 pm

You'll notice that the attendance between the New Zealand and Cameroon games went up. Standard of opposition aside, the support has gone up a lot since Team GB started winning.

Brazil are one of the most successful women's side ever, so I'm sure that played a big part in attracting a big crowd to Wembley. Brazil's game against Cameroon managed to attract 30,000 on its own.

So increasing success of Team GB plus Brazil equals massive attendance.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 13 of 15 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14, 15  Next