Summer Transfer Window 2012-Rumor Crazy Months! - Page 35 Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

Summer Transfer Window 2012-Rumor Crazy Months!

+34
Helmer
iftikhar
poolsupporter
Emaharg
CBarca
ErPupone
edulfc
Ganso
Motogp69
mr-r34
S
RealGunner
Forza
Arquitecto
fatman123
TheRedStag
Rebaño Sagrado
Abramovich
7amood11
stevieg8
The Sanchez
Cotes
BeautifulGame
RedOranje
Art Morte
Kick
Red Alert
donttreadonred
Onyx
McAgger
Le Samourai
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Nishankly
Fahim89
38 posters

Page 35 of 43 Previous  1 ... 19 ... 34, 35, 36 ... 39 ... 43  Next

Go down

Summer Transfer Window 2012-Rumor Crazy Months! - Page 35 Empty Re: Summer Transfer Window 2012-Rumor Crazy Months!

Post by RealGunner Fri Aug 17, 2012 11:43 pm

Do you want me to change your name btw ? In case you wrote ur Email instead of Username by mistake

RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Summer Transfer Window 2012-Rumor Crazy Months! - Page 35 Empty Re: Summer Transfer Window 2012-Rumor Crazy Months!

Post by Red Alert Sat Aug 18, 2012 2:25 am

Why is Pep Segura gone?!

Hope Dempsey stays at Fulham - don't want that attitude no where near Anfield. You're at a mid-table club because you're a mid-table player, deal with it.

As for our new number 11, he's quick, pacy, skillful and will be a great back-up to Borini. (Downing will be playing on the right.)
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Arsenalfaithfull Sat Aug 18, 2012 4:31 am

ynwa wrote:Why is Pep Segura gone?!

Hope Dempsey stays at Fulham - don't want that attitude no where near Anfield. You're at a mid-table club because you're a mid-table player, deal with it.

As for our new number 11, he's quick, pacy, skillful and will be a great back-up to Borini. (Downing will be playing on the right.)
ynwa wrote:Why is Pep Segura gone?!

Not always true man.... I mean look at Arteta.... Mostly played in a mid table/ um glamorous leagues , yet looked right in place for our midfield. Dempsey can have that type of a career with you guys, should he make it to LFC. He is one of the most versatile offensive player I've seen in the pl.
Arsenalfaithfull
Arsenalfaithfull
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Sat Aug 18, 2012 5:33 am

Arteta suited your passing game though, and never thought he was bigger than the club. (Even though he was. Wink)
He always had that class, and was consistent to dominate games in midfield.

There's nothing to prove that Dempsey can play the possession type game as he's played for a counter-attacking side for majority of his career. He's known for running into space and opening defences, but it's much more easier to do that on the counter than to do that with the opposition playing 10-men behind the ball.

He is definitely not the most versatile offensive player in the PL. He can play many positions, not going to deny that but so can majority of the players already in the league. Hell, Stewart Downing is versatile. The only reason I could see why we would sign him is for PR-reasons as Dempsey will not improve our starting XI.
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Sat Aug 18, 2012 6:19 am

Anyone else find it odd that both Doni and Jones are still with the club? We were (supposedly) after de Vries earlier in the summer as well, and I would have expected both to be off if he came in. Given that that deal never materialized it makes sense that at least one of Jones and Doni has stayed but both? Curious.
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Sat Aug 18, 2012 6:27 am

Maybe they're both so bad, no one is willing to take them off our hands hmm

I really like what I see in Gulacsi, and Jones seems to be preferred over Doni. And there are still roughly two weeks left, so one or both could leave. Jones was rumored with Norwich about two weeks ago, I don't know what happened there or if it was genuine.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Sat Aug 18, 2012 10:44 am

RealGunner wrote:Do you want me to change your name btw ? In case you wrote ur Email instead of Username by mistake

yes please, can you change it to- HEIL MEIN REDS

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sat Aug 18, 2012 1:07 pm

Done, use that username when logging in next time Wink
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Sat Aug 18, 2012 1:10 pm

New Liverpool Fan :bow: WELCOME cheers We have some of the best fans on this forum, you'll fit right in!!!
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Sat Aug 18, 2012 1:55 pm

Messiah "Aggerswagger" wrote:New Liverpool Fan :bow: WELCOME cheers We have some of the best fans on this forum, you'll fit right in!!!
thanks a lot, feeling home here already, so excited for today's first match against west brom drinking

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Sat Aug 18, 2012 1:58 pm

Hell yeah, I'm so pumped up....Been watching ElAlonso Liverpool videos on youtube :bow: West Brom don't stand a chance tonight!! bounce
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Fahim89 Sat Aug 18, 2012 8:36 pm

A striker pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!! The team is crying out for a FINISHER! ! now come on people wake up & realize that! Sad
Fahim89
Fahim89
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Sun Aug 19, 2012 1:00 am

I think more than anything, it proved we need Sahin even more now. The creativity from midfield was papiss poor. Allen is too similar to Lucas. It pushes Lucas out of position and he can't be as effective. Against oppositions like YNWBA we only need one of them, and another guy next to Stevie that's more creative. Sahin would bring tons of WC creativity. SIGN HIM BR PLEASE!!!

Oh yeah, and definitely a finisher is needed.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by poolsupporter Sun Aug 19, 2012 1:12 am

How about some depth in terms of full backs?
poolsupporter
poolsupporter
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Sun Aug 19, 2012 1:50 am

poolsupporter wrote:How about some depth in terms of full backs?

I'm not really worried about fullbacks. We have a guy that would start for 15+ teams in the PL in Martin Kelly as a backup. And then we have highly promising Robinson and Flanagan needing game time as well. Enrique can be backed up by Glen and Agger no problem.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Sun Aug 19, 2012 7:31 am

No full-backs. Kelly didn't have a great game, but we know he can have.

Strikers, well, we've got Borini, Suarez and Carroll. Borini had a poor game in the wing but it's only his first one. Suarez's finishing :facepalm: but by all odds it should come good soon. I'd rather sign a winger and take Borini out from there, on West Brom game's evidence anyway.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Sun Aug 19, 2012 9:06 am

Sahin on loan with a right winger and we'll be fine.

When you have Downing and then Cole come onto play on the right, something isn't right. They're not even squad players - we have better reserve players than those two ffs. Buy a right winger. Or buy a striker, and put Suarez on the right.
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Sun Aug 19, 2012 9:25 am

I'd rather play Suarez CF, his threat can be a little wasted in the wings. And I think we will continue to see Suarez in the middle.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Sun Aug 19, 2012 9:36 am

I have to disagree with you Art. I think playing Suarez in the middle makes it easier for the opposition CB's to nullify him. Against Gomel and even yesterday he played much better when he drifted wide and ran at players instead of wrestling with huge powerful CB's for limited space in the middle. Also, when he drifts wide to find space and pick up possession he leaves the whole box empty (Downing is too big of a pus*y to switch to the middle, and Borini by himself just can't do it). Having a hardworking poacher in the middle with Borini and Suarez around him would make us a legit contender.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Sun Aug 19, 2012 11:13 am

I think the main problem was, the team look confused what and where to play. If I have observed correctly, it was not completely BR kind of play. I believe that, putting aside all doubts, we need to play as attacking as we played against Gomel or Leverkusen, home or away doesn't matter really. There were no fearless runs through CB or through CB and RB/LB (of west brom.)
Also, shelvey was quite brilliant in both the previous games, when he played alongside Lucas. If you see highlights, the initial movement for goals was started from him for previous matches when liverpool scored.

Although we can't really compare frinedlies with league games, I still believe that they must play fearless as they played in frinedlies.

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by poolsupporter Sun Aug 19, 2012 2:16 pm

No full-backs?

IMO Kelly hasn't had a great game in a while. It's going to take a lot to get him to play in this system as well. I'm not a fan of his movement. Rodgers is not going to play Robinson against the likes of City. This is going to force Johnson to play as LB and he is rather ineffective from that side.
poolsupporter
poolsupporter
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by donttreadonred Sun Aug 19, 2012 3:39 pm

poolsupporter wrote:No full-backs?

IMO Kelly hasn't had a great game in a while. It's going to take a lot to get him to play in this system as well. I'm not a fan of his movement. Rodgers is not going to play Robinson against the likes of City. This is going to force Johnson to play as LB and he is rather ineffective from that side.

I have to agree with this to an extent. I don't see Kelly functioning well as a fullback in Rodgers's system. I really think he should begin the transition to CB. He could be a great RCB under Rodgers with his ball-control and size. However, he may not have the attacking guile to get up the wing and back in order to provide the width we need on the right. Flanno is a MUCH better fit for this style of play than Kelly, at least at RB.

As for a winger, I think we may have him... Ever since the statement on Dempsey, I've been wondering if Assaidi isn't our man. He certainly plays in the style that Rodgers wants in a wide-forward. He's fast, can dribble, likes to get into spaces where he can take a pop on goal, and he can create his own shot (much like Suarez). Considering we gave him Maxi's #11 shirt, I'm guessing Rodgers sees him as a potential starter. I'd be willign to give him a chance to prove it, at least. We may see a front line of: Assaidi - Suarez Borini. This would let Suarez drift in his false-ish9 position with Borini harrasing the backline and Assaidi looking to cut in and shoot.
donttreadonred
donttreadonred
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Sun Aug 19, 2012 3:52 pm

Kelly is not going to end up playing CB this season (Carra played CB and Kelly RB when they were on the pitch against West Brom) and a) I don't fancy pushing a promising youngster like Kelly down the pecking order and b) we'd have to spend too much money to get a full-back and I much rather spend that elsewhere. Looks like there will be only one £10m+ signing left this summer - if even that - and we need a winger before a defender.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by poolsupporter Sun Aug 19, 2012 8:31 pm

We have a promising youngster in Sterling. (And Pacheco to an extent) I hope we spend the remaining money we have wisely.
poolsupporter
poolsupporter
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Sun Aug 19, 2012 9:08 pm

Sterling's 17, he's promising but I don't think we should plan a big role for him yet. I think my ideal scenario would be buying a winger to compete with Downing and let Sterling compete for a bench role with the loser from that tie.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by DuringTheWar Sun Aug 19, 2012 11:19 pm

looks like sahin is on the verge of going to arsenal, because arsenal is in the champions league. Wow, very difficult for you guys to get back to that level with most of the class players going off to champions league clubs instead. Better hope the likes of sterling and that young spaniard (forgot his name :facepalm: ) from your academy turn out to be top class
DuringTheWar
DuringTheWar
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 35 of 43 Previous  1 ... 19 ... 34, 35, 36 ... 39 ... 43  Next