Summer Transfer Window 2012-Rumor Crazy Months! - Page 19 Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

Summer Transfer Window 2012-Rumor Crazy Months!

+34
Helmer
iftikhar
poolsupporter
Emaharg
CBarca
ErPupone
edulfc
Ganso
Motogp69
mr-r34
S
RealGunner
Forza
Arquitecto
fatman123
TheRedStag
Rebaño Sagrado
Abramovich
7amood11
stevieg8
The Sanchez
Cotes
BeautifulGame
RedOranje
Art Morte
Kick
Red Alert
donttreadonred
Onyx
McAgger
Le Samourai
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Nishankly
Fahim89
38 posters

Page 19 of 43 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 31 ... 43  Next

Go down

Summer Transfer Window 2012-Rumor Crazy Months! - Page 19 Empty Re: Summer Transfer Window 2012-Rumor Crazy Months!

Post by BeautifulGame Fri Jul 13, 2012 2:38 am

Rumors are that we might sell Carroll if Fulham offer us 9m + Dempsey.

If Rodgers really wants to get rid of Carrol then swapping with players like this makes more sense than selling him outright as Newcastle has 25% sell on clause on Carrol.

BeautifulGame
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Summer Transfer Window 2012-Rumor Crazy Months! - Page 19 Empty Re: Summer Transfer Window 2012-Rumor Crazy Months!

Post by BeautifulGame Fri Jul 13, 2012 2:39 am

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2012/jul/12/fulham-clint-dempsey-liverpool-andy-carroll
BeautifulGame
BeautifulGame
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Fri Jul 13, 2012 3:19 am

BeautifulGame wrote:Rumors are that we might sell Carroll if Fulham offer us 9m + Dempsey.

If Rodgers really wants to get rid of Carrol then swapping with players like this makes more sense than selling him outright as Newcastle has 25% sell on clause on Carrol.

Not going to happen. Carroll wouldn't be happy with a move to Fulham and it's very unlikely they could offer him the sort of wages and Andy's already made it clear he wishes to fight for his place at Anfield.

Considering the club have yet to make an enquiry over Dempsey (as of Tues/Wed of this week) I don't think the club value high enough to accept such an offer unless the cash component is higher.
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Fri Jul 13, 2012 3:56 am

Look's like Borini is a red. Very Happy
Would he play more as a wide forward or will he lead the line for us?

RedOranje wrote:We have no need for Dembele, though. Central midfield is still one of the areas where we have the most depth, and attacking midfield isn't far off.

Gerrard is best utilised in the most attacking of the midfield positions, given his his tendencies and abilities, and until some players are sold or loaned we're looking at rougly 6 players to fill two midfield positions. If Dembele could confidently deputise Lucas I might be more interested, but as far as I've seen he's never played in a holding role.

Our midfield consists of Gerrard, Lucas, Adam, Aquilani, Spearing, Henderson and Shelvey.

Personally feel Adam and Aquilani are gone (hope Aquilani stays) and our midfield isn't that strong. We need better. I'm delighted if we're in for Allen, as I believe he's a great player, but I'm also weary of the fact that Swansea will make us overpay for him, especially with Rodgers as our gaffer. We cannot tap up players and cannot go for Allen unless he hands in a transfer request anyway so that move is highly unlikely.

Dembele would do wonders with Suarez and would work better in the system Rodgers wants to implement instead of Dempsey. He's a very creative player, and I do believe he can work in a 3 man midfield, as there a lot more responsibilities in a 2 man midfield. I also feel he can play in Gerrard's CAM role.
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Fri Jul 13, 2012 4:00 am

BeautifulGame wrote:Rumors are that we might sell Carroll if Fulham offer us 9m + Dempsey.

No, no and no.

There's no clear indictation we're in for Dempsey anyway - I do not believe some man saying Mr John Henry said so as there's no evidence to back himself up.

Carroll looks hungry and actually looks he wants to be a Liverpool player. I lost respect for him after his Newcastle stint but you have to give credit where its due - he was arguably our best player towards the end of the season and started to look like he could adapt to the players around him.

Don't get me wrong, I could understand if he's sold but not on loan - and definitely not for Dempsey. Stupid move, as Carroll is on par or is superior to Dempsey in the style of play.
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Fri Jul 13, 2012 4:24 am

I can't tell if people are intentionally ignoring what I'm saying or simply misunderstanding it (which would be odd, as I've been fairly clear twice now). I have no problem with pursuing a midfielder, so long as said midfielder can deputise for Lucas as well as play elsewhere. Dembele has NEVER shown he can play a holding role. Bend and twist all you like, but being part of a two man midfield is not the same. I would not have a problem with Allen (as I mentioned earlier) but I cannot see Rodgers breaking his agreement with Swansea, even if it is only verbal. If the club were looking at someone like Strootman, or had picked up Diame ahead of West Ham, I wouldn't have a problem with that (assuming the price/wages weren't ridiculous), but again, Dembele is not that type of player. We currently have Gerrard, Adam, Henderson, Shelvey, Cole, Maxi, and Aquilani that can play in CAM... even if Aquilani and Maxi leave that gives us plenty of options there. Even then, Aquilani's agent has indicated he may well stay at Anfield this season. Cole seems set to stay as Rodgers says he has plans for him. There has been absolutely no suggestion of interest in Adam this summer.

In central midfield our options are similarly diverse, with Spearing, Gerrard, Aquilani, Adam, Shelvey, Lucas, and Henderson... nevermind the possibility of Coady getting a chance. It there great strength in depth? Not really, but there is depth. By contrast, we have Lucas at CDM, with Spearing able to cover the position to some extent and Coady maybe making the step up. That's still far less both in terms of actual depth and strength in depth. Why in the world do people want to the club to spend money in both fee and wages on a CAM when we're so short in the defensive midfield department?

Add to all of this the possibility of our actual attacking options getting thinner, with both Bellamy and Maxi linked away in recent days and the ongoing nonsense surrounding Carroll, and we have even more pressing concerns than CAM with a lack of depth in all of the forward positions as well as CDM. It just doesn't make sense to sign a CM/CAM when that's so solid compared to to our other areas. Again, I'd have no problem with signing a CM/CDM, but a CM/CAM just doesn't fit with the squad picture right now.
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Fri Jul 13, 2012 4:47 am

First of all, I didn't say we should sign Dembele. I said I'd rather we go for him than go for Dempsey.

Secondly, we may have depth in midfield, but there's not enough quality there. Getting rid of Aquilani (never listen to his agent, it's always the opposite) and potentially Adam will put us in the same position as last year. One injury to Gerrard and bang our midfield looks weak.

Thirdly, I'm all for signing a DM, and I'm sure we're looking at one, but there's still no clear indication in who we're after. The media are throwing names out there and are guessing at who we're after. The only player that we have genuine interest is Borini and that's only because Roma came out and said a deal was arranged.

Lastly, we still need wingers/inside forwards. We only have Suarez, Borini, Sterling and Downing as Maxi and Bellamy look off. With either Suarez or Borini playing as the CF, we desperately need to improve that position. And get rid of Downing.
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Fri Jul 13, 2012 4:58 am

I addressed the midfield strength in depth issue already. Why bring it up again? There's absolutely no indication Adam will be leaving, why act as though he is? It appears we agree on the rest.

I'd rather have Dempsey over Dembele though, as he at least helps address the lack of depth in the forward areas, given that he can play across the front line.
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Fri Jul 13, 2012 4:59 am

That said, I still don't believe there's any chance of Carroll going to Fulham, so it's a bit of a moot point.
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Fri Jul 13, 2012 5:13 am

I'm pretty certain Tony Barret has said Adam could possibly leave this window.
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Fahim89 Fri Jul 13, 2012 10:39 am

Fabio Borini flies in for Liverpool FC medical ahead of £11million move from Roma

Well it looks like today is gonna be the day of 1st signing in this window.

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/liverpool-fc/liverpool-fc-news/2012/07/13/fabio-borini-flies-in-for-liverpool-fc-medical-ahead-of-11million-move-from-roma-100252-31387377/

Btw i really don't see any point of all the arguments regarding Dempsey & Dembele . . . the later has never been solidly linked & the former might come nothing concrete as the rumors on some solid sources are only that Fulham are preparing a bid not that we like it . . smoking
Fahim89
Fahim89
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Fri Jul 13, 2012 12:03 pm

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/18823096

As usual BBC writes the article one day before completion. Borini is coming home B|
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by TheRedStag Fri Jul 13, 2012 2:35 pm

Zeman: Fabio [Borini] is a footballer that I really liked. I just hope now we can find an adequate replacement for him.

Still not official, but this makes me believe it will go though. cheers

He is going to be great for us. drinking

Get the knife between the teeth. bounce
TheRedStag
TheRedStag
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Fri Jul 13, 2012 2:55 pm

BR want's Maxi to stay.

Brendan Rodgers wants Maxi Rodriguez to extend his Anfield stay.

The boss has had discussions with the Argentina international and admits his future is not certain.

However, Rodgers is an admirer of Maxi's talents and hopes he can be persuaded to remain on Merseyside for the forthcoming season.

He explained: "I have known about Maxi for a long time. He will understand 120 per cent about the way I want us to play.

"But sometimes there are issues that surround that - that's what I am speaking to him about now. He doesn't speak the language, it has been difficult for his family.

"If a player like him wanted to leave, it would not be because of the club. Sometimes it is just personal issues. I have had a couple of really good conversations with him. I know his thoughts and how he is thinking. It was a difficult season for him. He probably felt that he should have played more.

"We will hopefully see where he is at over the next couple of weeks and find a solution for him.

"But he would be a very good player for our squad."

So basically Maxi wants to leave, Its either Yes im staying or No im leaving at that point of any footballer's career, You cant risk a year at this stage.
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by ErPupone Fri Jul 13, 2012 3:04 pm

Sky Italia are saying that Borini passed his medical. You guys are going to love him, his passion is just a joy to watch. I for one am not happy.
ErPupone
ErPupone
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Fri Jul 13, 2012 3:21 pm

Summer Transfer Window 2012-Rumor Crazy Months! - Page 19 534783_416995188350963_682897629_n

:bow:
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Fri Jul 13, 2012 3:30 pm

SUMMER TRANSFERS - INS/OUT

IN-

Fabio Borini - Roma - 7.9 million

OUT-

Emilsson Kristjan Gauti - Contract Expired
Gomis Mendy Emmanuel Henry - Contract Expired
McGiveron Matthew Lawrence - Contract Expired
Roberts Michael - Contract Expired

Stephen Darby - Bradford City - Free
Fabio Aurelio - Gremio - Free
Dirk Kuyt - Fenerhbache - 1 million
Amoo David Oluwaseun Segun - Preston North End - Free

Approx rumored calculated net spending this window - 6 million

Last edited by Nishank on Fri Jul 13, 2012 4:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by TheRedStag Fri Jul 13, 2012 3:37 pm

Nishank wrote:SUMMER TRANSFERS - INS/OUT

IN-

Fabio Borini - Roma - 11 million

OUT-

Approx rumored calculated net spending this window - 10 million

We dont know that to be fair.

I've seen from 8m - 12m so......
TheRedStag
TheRedStag
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Fri Jul 13, 2012 4:07 pm

Liverpool Echo reporting its just 7.9 million Laughing

:bow: :bow: :bow:
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by BeautifulGame Fri Jul 13, 2012 4:45 pm

Guardian also reporting 8 millionReally great piece of negotiating from Rodgers if true

Liverpool have agreed a fee with Roma for Fabio Borini, believed to about £8m, and the signing of the striker is expected to be completed within 24 hours.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2012/jul/13/liverpool-fabio-borini-transfer
BeautifulGame
BeautifulGame
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jul 13, 2012 4:59 pm

Did Dempsey sleep with your girlfriend ynwa ?

You are making him sound as he is James Milner Laughing

Read that piece in Telegraph about personal tragedy in his life and how it changed him for ever.

A vast improvement on Kuyt, and much more athletic defensively compared to Maxi ((big issue in Rodgers' pressing system)) ...and will be a astute purchase for 5-6M and 60K a week wages.

And he'll have a re-sale value when we can sell him to MLS in 2-3 seasons.

The signing makes too much sense, so I guess that's why it won't happen.

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Fri Jul 13, 2012 5:16 pm

I think Borini was a better option than Dempsey to be honest

@Red...I don't know about Spearing, I'm still trying to decipher who was the DM at Swansea last season, all I saw in the few games I saw was the Leon Britton guy playing very very deep recycling possession to death...he didn't stike me as having much defensive skill.

If that's the case, someone like Anthony Annan could be decent.
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by stevieg8 Fri Jul 13, 2012 5:29 pm

Dempsey's one of my favorite US players, and I'd love to have an American in the Liverpool first 11... that being said, I don't feel like he's worth it. Especially if we're sending Carroll back the other way, but even if it's just a cash deal. He'd be forcing Gerrard deeper or playing on the wing where he's less effective, taking playing time away from Aquilani (which could have a negative effect on morale) and from Henderson - with other midfielders dropping deeper - and Shelvey, stunting our young players' growth. He's an unnecessary addition and would simply take up wage money we could be spending in more crucial places. Not a fan of this idea.
stevieg8
stevieg8
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Fri Jul 13, 2012 5:45 pm

Maxi's interview removed from the official site Shocked
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by Fahim89 Fri Jul 13, 2012 6:01 pm

Liverpool Football Club can today confirm that Maxi Rodriguez has joined Newell's Old Boys in Argentina.

http://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/latest-news/lfc-confirm-maxi-departure

Official

Fahim89
Fahim89
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Fri Jul 13, 2012 6:07 pm

SUMMER TRANSFERS - INS/OUT

IN-

Fabio Borini - Roma - 7.9 million

OUT-

Maxi Rodriguez - Newell's Old Boys - Around 1 million [ last year of his contract i think]

Approx rumored calculated net spending this window - 7 million
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 19 of 43 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 31 ... 43  Next