Summer Transfer Window 2012-Rumor Crazy Months! - Page 27 Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

Summer Transfer Window 2012-Rumor Crazy Months!

+34
Helmer
iftikhar
poolsupporter
Emaharg
CBarca
ErPupone
edulfc
Ganso
Motogp69
mr-r34
S
RealGunner
Forza
Arquitecto
fatman123
TheRedStag
Rebaño Sagrado
Abramovich
7amood11
stevieg8
The Sanchez
Cotes
BeautifulGame
RedOranje
Art Morte
Kick
Red Alert
donttreadonred
Onyx
McAgger
Le Samourai
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Nishankly
Fahim89
38 posters

Page 27 of 43 Previous  1 ... 15 ... 26, 27, 28 ... 35 ... 43  Next

Go down

Summer Transfer Window 2012-Rumor Crazy Months! - Page 27 Empty Re: Summer Transfer Window 2012-Rumor Crazy Months!

Post by poolsupporter Thu 2 Aug 2012 - 3:28

It's definitely sad to see Pacheco leave. (If there is any truth to the rumor) I can't help but wonder what our managers have seen that us fans just don't seem to realize. I thought he did well offensively this pre-season (albeit for 2 games). Perhaps there just isn't space for him at the club.

poolsupporter
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Summer Transfer Window 2012-Rumor Crazy Months! - Page 27 Empty Re: Summer Transfer Window 2012-Rumor Crazy Months!

Post by stevieg8 Thu 2 Aug 2012 - 14:40

I have to agree with Sep, and I don't think it's a kneejerk. If we sell Carroll and Pacheco, or even just one of them, to go along with the departures of Maxi and Kuyt, will leave us VERY thin up top, even if we bring in one or two more players. I don't see us making 4 more signings this window, and I'm not comfortable going into the season with a frontline of Suarez, Borini, Downing, Cole, Bellamy and Sterling. That's simply not enough cover for a full year, and is putting far too much faith in a 17 year old. I'd love to see him feature occasionally, but I'd be much happier - even if Pacheco isn't blowing the walls off things, having a competent person to take over when Downing flops or Bellamy gets injured. This is all assuming that Bellamy doesn't get sold either, when he's been rumored on his way out as well.

I think it's ludicrous to say that the managers always must have more information; if we're not allowed to register our own opinion without being told we must be overreacting or not have enough information renders the point of all sports commentary - and these forums included - pretty useless. Sometimes managers make mistakes.
stevieg8
stevieg8
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Thu 2 Aug 2012 - 19:09

If it were one or two managers you'd have a point. But after 3 (4, supposedly) managers hold the same opinion of a player... namely that he's not right for the club, then there's something up. These are people that have devoted their lives to the game, and despite what we fans like to think, our lives revolve around other things. The managers spend close to 8 hours a day, 5 days a week working with the players. That gives them more credible opinions on the matter than us, IMHO.
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by stevieg8 Thu 2 Aug 2012 - 19:51

RedOranje wrote:If it were one or two managers you'd have a point. But after 3 (4, supposedly) managers hold the same opinion of a player... namely that he's not right for the club, then there's something up. These are people that have devoted their lives to the game, and despite what we fans like to think, our lives revolve around other things. The managers spend close to 8 hours a day, 5 days a week working with the players. That gives them more credible opinions on the matter than us, IMHO.

I do think that's fair, but short of replacements coming in (and things have been pretty quiet lately), I'm a little discomforted by the idea of selling anyone that could be on our front 3. We're already thin in quality, I'd prefer to not be thin in quantity as well.
stevieg8
stevieg8
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Fri 3 Aug 2012 - 14:33

Official Aquilani's gone, Fiorentina's director confirmed it.
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Fri 3 Aug 2012 - 16:11

Expect Allen deal to be done pretty quickly after Great Britain's team finishes in the Olympics.

Still think, with the agreement we (Rodgers) have (has) with Swansea, a season-long loan move for Sahin, followed by a proper move for Allen next summer would have made a great deal of sense. That's probably just FM-thinking though, as I'm not sure Rodgers' previous connection with Mourinho would be enough to overcome the lack of CL, especially with the likes of Arsenal looking at the player. I also have to wonder why we didn't have a look at the likes of Strootman.

Ah well, hopefully with the Olympics teams thinning out and competitive games being played Rodgers can get a more complete idea of the squad and what we need (WF/CF, DM back-up).
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Fahim89 Fri 3 Aug 2012 - 18:13

Nishank wrote:Official Aquilani's gone, Fiorentina's director confirmed it.

Liverpool Football Club can today confirm that Alberto Aquilani has completed a permanent transfer to Serie A side Fiorentina.

Its on our website now . . the fee ain't clear!

http://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/latest-news/aquilani-completes-fiorentina-move
Fahim89
Fahim89
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 4 Aug 2012 - 0:12

Rodgers :“I have also looked at one or two loan deals from abroad. There are some quality players I have enquired about"

Rodgers :“There is nothing imminent, and it may take one or two moves to spark everything off"

BR:"Luis still feels a little bit of injustice about last season, but for me now the message is that we have to move on.

Rodgers: I want players in sooner rather than later, it is important to get the group together as quickly as possible.

"The make-up of the group will change before the season starts and that will change the dynamic of the team also."

SAHIN IS COMINGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Sat 4 Aug 2012 - 6:48

Bought Aquilani for 20m, only for him to be loaned out twice and sold for a loss.
Bought Carroll for 35m, who doesn't fit our system.
Bought Downing for 20m, who is mid-table at best. [I guess it makes sense now. Rolling Eyes]

That's 75m gone. Wasted. And people are criticizing FSG for not spending.*

*I am aware that Aquilani was bought under Rafa / G+H (*bleep*) but we've bought Adam and Henderson to replace a man who's far superior. (There's another 20m gone btw)
I am aware Henderson is young and is for the future, and I rate the fellow I do.

But Charlie Adam? On high wages? Who's clearly inferior, is risk to being sent off in every game Adam? A player who doesn't fit into Rodgers philosophy (dwells on the ball, tries too many "hollywood" balls) shouldn't be no-where near the club.

I'm not buying this "Aquilani doesn't care for Liverpool" nonsense. He was forced out.

Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Sat 4 Aug 2012 - 7:06

On a whole new point, mediocrity breeds mediocrity.

It's quite clear we're trying to bring down the wage-bill (which is fair enough) but we're getting rid of the wrong players ffs.

Kuyt, Maxi and Aurelio - fair enough. They were all past it, and couldn't put in quality performances week in, week out anyway. [Maxi wanted to go back home.]

It's rumoured we're trying to get rid of the likes of Carroll and Aquilani [who's gone] by forcing them out / paying 'em to leave. But why do we go on persisting on getting rid of the wrong players?

Carroll whilst young, has shown in the last couple of months that he wants to be a Liverpool player and is putting in good performances. If he leaves on loan it's a joke.

Aquilani has said he was happy at the club and was ready to impress under Rodgers. Rodgers said the same. But Aqua was sent to Italy and we're still paying him to play for another club. Again. And it's not because he's not good - far from it. There's either something that was wrong behind the doors because I don't see how the likes of Spearing and Adam are better in terms of quality or it must be he was on high wages. And by high, I mean around 80k a week which is perfectly fine if we played him and he performed. Because he had the ability to do so. He was our third best midfielder at the club - and with the likes of Gerrard and Lucas that are both fragile in terms of injury we still have an inexperienced midfield. Even if Allen comes into the club.

Anyway, enough about Aquilani.

Carragher, Cole, Downing, Adam and to an extent, Gerrard and Reina don't deserve their current contracts.

[Gerrard and Reina have been out of form for 2 seasons now.]
Cole and Carragher will be sitting next to each other on the bench with 90k a week pay check for another season if we don't try and renewal their contract / get rid. (As much as Carragher is a legend, he's leeching off at the club at the moment and nobody is bigger than the club. Kenny's sacking shows this.)

The likes of Skrtel, Agger and Suarez all need contract renewals. Not only will that scare teams away from purchasing them away from us, it will give a statement to other players (our targets) around the world that where we want to be. Add Suso and Sterling there too. Great prospects. Razz
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by mr-r34 Sat 4 Aug 2012 - 7:17

Gerrard and renia don't deserve their contracts affraid
mr-r34
mr-r34
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Norwich

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Sat 4 Aug 2012 - 7:21

How do they warrent themselves getting 140k and 120k a week respectively if they're not producing on the field anymore? Fair enough if it was 2-3 years ago, but it's not.
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Sat 4 Aug 2012 - 11:58

Carragher, Cole, Downing, Adam and to an extent, Gerrard and Reina don't deserve their current contracts.

[Gerrard and Reina have been out of form for 2 seasons now.]
Cole and Carragher will be sitting next to each other on the bench with 90k a week pay check for another season if we don't try and renewal their contract / get rid. (As much as Carragher is a legend, he's leeching off at the club at the moment and nobody is bigger than the club. Kenny's sacking shows this.)

That's too much of a Football Manager stuff there. Unrealistic to expect that any club would get rid of all their past-their-peak players. Moreover, if you want to keep your good players you have to offer them good, long contracts. So either you accept that players will be contracted to your club to their 30+ years or you will lose them when they're in their late twenties.

Plus you always seem to ignore the fact how difficult it can be to get rid of players. Like, who is going to sign Carragher with his wages? Or Joe Cole? Only in video games you can get rid of your high-earners by you yourself just deciding so.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 4 Aug 2012 - 16:38

Aquilani deserved his 90k/week and Reina doesn't deserve his 110K ? f*ck me

why the hell didn't Juve and Milan sign this gem in Aquilani then ?

The only reason he said he wants to stay in LFC last week, was in order to get a loyalty bonus which he got (golden handshake).

ps. Adam is on 40k/week.

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Sat 4 Aug 2012 - 20:17

Wait, Aquilani is on 90k, now? Just last week (or even earlier this week) you were raging about him being on 125k... which would really only add credence to that post.
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Sun 5 Aug 2012 - 5:04

How long has it been since we've seen Reina from 08/09?

Ever since Roy came in, he has lost the communication between his defenders, gets beaten at his near post often and is annoymous at times. Again, if he went back to the form he had 2 seasons again, sure. He deserves his 1xxk a week. But he wasn't even in the top 5 goalkeepers last season nor was he the season before. Hopefully he gets back to that form as he'll have a new role under Rodgers - being that sweeper keeper.

Also, Juventus had just signed a new manager and Aquilani wasn't in his plans. AC Milan couldn't afford him, there's a reason they got rid of Thiago Silva and Ibra. And ALOT ALOT more.

Also, how do you know he only came for money? Benitez said before he got sacked, that under a full pre-season we'd see the real Aquilani and why Rafa bought him. He then, as you know left by mutual termination and Roy sent him out loan replacing him with Joe Cole ffs.

Art Morte wrote:
That's too much of a Football Manager stuff there. Unrealistic to expect that any club would get rid of all their past-their-peak players. Moreover, if you want to keep your good players you have to offer them good, long contracts. So either you accept that players will be contracted to your club to their 30+ years or you will lose them when they're in their late twenties.

Plus you always seem to ignore the fact how difficult it can be to get rid of players. Like, who is going to sign Carragher with his wages? Or Joe Cole? Only in video games you can get rid of your high-earners by you yourself just deciding so.

We could easily pay them to leave / contract renewal. We've already forced Aquilani out like that. We gave Joe Cole and Jamie Carragher they're contracts when they were both passed 30. On the decline. The club needs to address these issues ASAP before we lose Agger and Skrtel because we can't offer him them appropiate contracts as the wage bill is too big.
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by The Sanchez Sun 5 Aug 2012 - 5:33

Bro, you want Doni as your GK, you must b joking...
The Sanchez
The Sanchez
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by BeautifulGame Sun 5 Aug 2012 - 6:35

Also, Juventus had just signed a new manager and Aquilani wasn't in his plans. AC Milan couldn't afford him, there's a reason they got rid of Thiago Silva and Ibra. And ALOT ALOT more.

A club like AC milan who play regularly in CL cant afford him but we can pay 90k for a player who isnt even going to be a regular if Gerrard is fit.Its not like he is young so that it s a long term investment and has a poor injury record to boost.

No offence but if its true that we 7m for Aquilani then its a great bit of business.I would rather see Suso/Shelvy given more chance in AM than Aquilani being a back up at 90k wages.
BeautifulGame
BeautifulGame
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Sun 5 Aug 2012 - 11:57

The Sanchez wrote:Bro, you want Doni as your GK, you must b joking...

Stop putting words in my mouth. I never said that.

An out of form Reina is still one of the best in the league - I just don't see how he warrants 120k a week from his performances in the last 2 years.

Same with Gerrard. He doesn't deserve 140k a week but he's still one of our better players. If they both get back into form, then sure. It's why I said to an extent they don't deserve it atm - as they're not putting in the performances complimenting their large contracts. They still have that ability to put in the performances.

The likes of Joe Cole and Jamie Carragher don't have that quality left in them to warrant they're contracts - they're both leeching off the wage bill. Yet we don't even attempt to force them out. Why?
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Sun 5 Aug 2012 - 12:08

The British favoured politics has been killing the club ever since Rafa got the sack.

BeautifulGame wrote:A club like AC milan who play regularly in CL cant afford him but we can pay 90k for a player who isnt even going to be a regular if Gerrard is fit.Its not like he is young so that it s a long term investment and has a poor injury record to boost.

No offence but if its true that we 7m for Aquilani then its a great bit of business.I would rather see Suso/Shelvy given more chance in AM than Aquilani being a back up at 90k wages.

It's not as if they're not offering the money because they don't think he's quality. They just cannot afford buying players on large contracts as they're not in a stable position financially. They're in massive debt. Ibra and Silva were their best players - but they couldn't afford to reject them.

We are financially stable. So when we get into the CL it's going to boost us heaps. Also, Aquilani could play next to Gerrard. He could play in a trio with Lucas and Gerrard. Takes the burden off every player to create and they all compliment each other well. They all pass and move.

Aquilani is also an experiened player. We don't too many of those in midfield when both Gerrard and Lucas are out through injury. Gerrard has been injury prone in the past, so he could do with some rotation. It's not as if Stevie is going to play potentially 70 odd games this season so he could of got some rest with Aquilani being here. Our midfield looks thin with Gerrard and Lucas out.

Also, how is 7m euros for Aquilani good business? We bought him for 20m pounds and loaned him out twice paying his wages for two different clubs. We're still paying his Fiorentina contract. So we've basically lost 20m pounds. How is that great? I mean... that's arguably financially worst than the Andy Carroll transfer.

Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Motogp69 Sun 5 Aug 2012 - 18:48

Well, nice to see despite the change in coach the world still has a sense of irony when it comes to screwing over Liverpool. I hope they lose out though, because I'd rather see Dempsey at Roma and actually make it to the Champions League in his lifetime.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/liverpool-could-lose-out-to-roma-1217465
Motogp69
Motogp69
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Sun 5 Aug 2012 - 20:01

Motogp69 wrote:Well, nice to see despite the change in coach the world still has a sense of irony when it comes to screwing over Liverpool. I hope they lose out though, because I'd rather see Dempsey at Roma and actually make it to the Champions League in his lifetime.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/liverpool-could-lose-out-to-roma-1217465

Dat jibe at LFC through a baseless rumor :bow:
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by mr-r34 Mon 6 Aug 2012 - 13:32

http://www.goal.com/en/news/9/england/2012/08/06/3289854/manchester-city-prepare-20m-bid-100000-a-week-contract-for

I know goal.com

But if agger leaves because they refuse to pay him 100k a week, ill bust a nut. Only a fee in the range of PSG's for TS would be good enough
mr-r34
mr-r34
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Norwich

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Mon 6 Aug 2012 - 18:18

Hopefully Agger doesnt leave...
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Mon 6 Aug 2012 - 19:25

mr-r34 wrote:http://www.goal.com/en/news/9/england/2012/08/06/3289854/manchester-city-prepare-20m-bid-100000-a-week-contract-for

I know goal.com

But if agger leaves because they refuse to pay him 100k a week, ill bust a nut. Only a fee in the range of PSG's for TS would be good enough

I agree, £20m is not enough for agger. Throw in another 10m and I will say 'fair play'.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Mon 6 Aug 2012 - 21:15

goal.com Rolling Eyes
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 27 of 43 Previous  1 ... 15 ... 26, 27, 28 ... 35 ... 43  Next