Summer Transfer Window 2012-Rumor Crazy Months! - Page 16 Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

Summer Transfer Window 2012-Rumor Crazy Months!

+34
Helmer
iftikhar
poolsupporter
Emaharg
CBarca
ErPupone
edulfc
Ganso
Motogp69
mr-r34
S
RealGunner
Forza
Arquitecto
fatman123
TheRedStag
Rebaño Sagrado
Abramovich
7amood11
stevieg8
The Sanchez
Cotes
BeautifulGame
RedOranje
Art Morte
Kick
Red Alert
donttreadonred
Onyx
McAgger
Le Samourai
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Nishankly
Fahim89
38 posters

Page 16 of 43 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 29 ... 43  Next

Go down

Summer Transfer Window 2012-Rumor Crazy Months! - Page 16 Empty Re: Summer Transfer Window 2012-Rumor Crazy Months!

Post by Abramovich Sat Jul 07, 2012 10:16 pm

A lot of fans seem to be thinking you are going to get Sturridge scratch sort of news to me.

Abramovich
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Summer Transfer Window 2012-Rumor Crazy Months! - Page 16 Empty Re: Summer Transfer Window 2012-Rumor Crazy Months!

Post by donttreadonred Sat Jul 07, 2012 11:36 pm

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/liverpool/9382716/Liverpool-manager-Brendan-Rodgers-steps-up-negotiations-to-make-Roma-striker-Fabio-Borini-his-first-signing.html

It seems strange for the Telegraph to be rehashing old rumors...

It makes me wonder if there isn't something more to it.
donttreadonred
donttreadonred
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Sat Jul 07, 2012 11:53 pm

donttreadonred wrote:http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/liverpool/9382716/Liverpool-manager-Brendan-Rodgers-steps-up-negotiations-to-make-Roma-striker-Fabio-Borini-his-first-signing.html

It seems strange for the Telegraph to be rehashing old rumors...

It makes me wonder if there isn't something more to it.

...moved to Parma initially, but was immediately loaned out to Roma, who are believed to have an option to buy for £7 million... ...The deal is slightly complicated by the fact Borini is co-owned by Parma and Roma, with each holding a 50 per cent stake, which means Liverpool will have to reach an agreement with both clubs to finalise the move.

It doesn't seem like they're just rehashing old rumours, it appears they simply reprinted one... Not the normal level of professionalism you'd expect from The Telegraph, whether it was an accident or not.
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by donttreadonred Sat Jul 07, 2012 11:55 pm

Lol.

I should've read it more carefully. I couldn't get past the fact that they had printed it out of the blue.

Not what I expect from them. They're usually reliable.
donttreadonred
donttreadonred
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Sun Jul 08, 2012 4:46 am

[quote="Abramovich"]A lot of fans seem to be thinking you are going to get Sturridge :scratch: sort of news to me.[/quote]

We were linked with him when Commolli / Kenny were here. That's about it.
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Sun Jul 08, 2012 5:41 am

ynwa wrote:
Abramovich wrote:A lot of fans seem to be thinking you are going to get Sturridge scratch sort of news to me.

We were linked with him when Commolli / Kenny were here. That's about it.

There's been a report in the last two or three days as well, but it only said the club were considering a bid and was most probably paper talk anyway...
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by donttreadonred Sun Jul 08, 2012 3:01 pm

I wouldn't read to much into the Sturridge rumor.

I've filed this alongside the recent shoutout for Borini from the Telegraph: a rehash of old rumors due to a general lull in real news.

Both these stories probably originated from the media's perception of Carroll as a lumbering, blunt CF only capable of feeding off of traditional wing service. If there is any truth to them, it would suggest the "writing is on the wall" for Carroll. However, given Carroll's final month of the season and his performance at the Euros, he may just be able to perform in Rodgers system and make fools of the British media.
donttreadonred
donttreadonred
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Motogp69 Sun Jul 08, 2012 3:51 pm

donttreadonred wrote:I wouldn't read to much into the Sturridge rumor.

I've filed this alongside the recent shoutout for Borini from the Telegraph: a rehash of old rumors due to a general lull in real news.

Both these stories probably originated from the media's perception of Carroll as a lumbering, blunt CF only capable of feeding off of traditional wing service. If there is any truth to them, it would suggest the "writing is on the wall" for Carroll. However, given Carroll's final month of the season and his performance at the Euros, he may just be able to perform in Rodgers system and make fools of the British media.

Yeah, it also wouldn't hurt that they might have Dempsey behind him putting away all the chanes that Carroll makes a mess of.
Motogp69
Motogp69
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by donttreadonred Sun Jul 08, 2012 4:27 pm

Motogp69 wrote:
donttreadonred wrote:I wouldn't read to much into the Sturridge rumor.

Yeah, it also wouldn't hurt that they might have Dempsey behind him putting away all the chanes that Carroll makes a mess of.
Dempsey...? scratch

Did we sign an American while I was living under a rock?

That's another one I don't see happening... at least not early in the window. If Dempsey comes, it will be as a later addition to the squad, because we couldn't land our younger, higher-priority targets.

I would honestly prefer we pursue Hoilett above Dempsey right now. He's younger, cheaper (4-7 mil compensation likely), and more of a natural wide forward. Dempsey's great record came as a SS/CAM last season. That's not a position Rodgers is likely to utilize in his setup. Dempsey would likely play in one of the wide forward positions. He can be effective there, and he would be an improvement over Downing in that role, but he wouldn't be the force he is in a more central position.
donttreadonred
donttreadonred
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Sun Jul 08, 2012 6:41 pm

Dempsey: Too old, poor fit for the system, and wants CL footy. I don't see why people think he's coming to Liverpool.
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sun Jul 08, 2012 6:57 pm

RedOranje wrote:Dempsey: Too old, poor fit for the system, and wants CL footy. I don't see why people think he's coming to Liverpool.

Would'nt he fit the role you would have assigned to Sigurdsson?

I dont know what your looking for but i'd look at Lucas back up, attacking midfielder, winger and striker.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Sun Jul 08, 2012 7:20 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:
RedOranje wrote:Dempsey: Too old, poor fit for the system, and wants CL footy. I don't see why people think he's coming to Liverpool.

Would'nt he fit the role you would have assigned to Sigurdsson?

I dont know what your looking for but i'd look at Lucas back up, attacking midfielder, winger and striker.
No, Sigurdsson's strengths are his movement, short passing, and long shots. Dempsey tends to excel more with his hold-up play, heading ability, and finishing in the box. His passing isn't as good as many assume and his movement is more than of a CF than a CAM.

Gerrard will likely fill the more forward of the CM roles now that we've missed out on Sigurdsson. I don't believe CAM is an area we should be focusing on at the moment as the wide attacking areas and lack of depth in defensive midfield are far more pressing issues.
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Sun Jul 08, 2012 7:34 pm

What would you prefer in the wide attacking areas though , a goalscorer or someone creative?

For example Walcott is capable of being an inside forward and a CF under some circumstances and is in a precarious contract situation with Arsenal...and he's a Liverpool fan. I would love to get someone like him.

Someone like Ramirez on the other hand , I like the sound of, but I don't think you really really need.
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Sun Jul 08, 2012 9:05 pm

Ramirez, by all accounts, can create and score. I don't like the idea of trying to shoe-horn players into specific stereotypes. Every player is a different in what they bring to the table and a player like Ramirez would add more than just creativity, while Walcott's pace alone would be of huge benefit to the side.

That said, Walcott's talks with Arsenal have supposedly stalled because he wants A) a guarantee that he'll be played as a striker and B) because he wants something close to 100k per week. Neither of those are things Rodgers would likely be willing to offer.
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jul 08, 2012 9:05 pm

Dempsey would be a fantastic replacement for Meireles/Kuyt.

Anything below 8M, and will be a bargain

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Sun Jul 08, 2012 10:08 pm

No, he wouldn't. He plays nothing like Meireles and the only way he'd be a decent replacement for Kuyt is that he's a striker who sometimes plays wide, where his heading ability is largely wasted.

He's nothing like either player.
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Sun Jul 08, 2012 10:11 pm

I'll have to agree with Red here, Dempsey doesn't really fit Rodgers playing style and/or his tactics. Waste of money if we sign him tbh.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Mon Jul 09, 2012 8:25 am

LIVERPOOL FC are not preparing a move for Bologna midfielder Gaston Ramirez currently, despite numerous reports to the contrary this weekend.

The Reds have long been linked with the 21-year-old Uruguayan, who looks set to depart the Serie A outfit this summer.

And rumours had circulated in Italy over the past few days that Liverpool boss Brendan Rodgers was readying a £16m move for the former Penarol man, and that talks between the two clubs could take place this week.

However, the ECHO understands that Liverpool have been left bemused by such reports, and that the club have not made any formal move for Ramirez, nor are they preparing to.

Ramirez, who is also rumoured to be interesting Napoli and Bundesliga outfit Wolfsburg, is a player Liverpool are aware of, having scouted him extensively over the past 18 months.

The left-footed attacking midfielder was identified by Damien Comolli, the club’s former director of football, as a potential target earlier this year, and tentative enquiries were made during the winter transfer window.

However, with both Comolli and Kenny Dalglish having departed the club, the Reds’ interest looks to have cooled, with Rodgers and his staff busying themselves pursuing a number of other targets.

Fulham forward Clint Dempsey is another name that has been linked over the weekend, with Sunday reports suggesting a £10m bid could be in the offing for the 29-year-old American.

Again, however, the ECHO understands that such reports are wide of the mark. Dempsey, who scored 23 goals for the Cottagers last season, is a player Rodgers rates, but no approach has been made by the Reds yet.

One player who could be set to depart Anfield, meanwhile, is Alberto Aquilani, with Turkish side Fenerbahce the latest club linked with the Italian midfielder.

Aquilani, who turned 28 on Saturday, is yet to return to Merseyside after a loan spell at AC Milan last season, having been allowed time off to get married last week. The former Roma man has said recently he expects to start pre-season with the Reds, but it is believed Liverpool would be willing to offload the £17m man for a knock-down fee if possible.

LINK to Article

The Liverpool Echo's report from today. This basically rubbishes the reports linking Gaston Ramirez with a move to the club, as well as Dempsey (at least for the immediate future). Time to look elsewhere with with the speculation, it seems.
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Fahim89 Mon Jul 09, 2012 9:23 am

RedOranje wrote:
LIVERPOOL FC are not preparing a move for Bologna midfielder Gaston Ramirez currently, despite numerous reports to the contrary this weekend.

The Reds have long been linked with the 21-year-old Uruguayan, who looks set to depart the Serie A outfit this summer.

And rumours had circulated in Italy over the past few days that Liverpool boss Brendan Rodgers was readying a £16m move for the former Penarol man, and that talks between the two clubs could take place this week.

However, the ECHO understands that Liverpool have been left bemused by such reports, and that the club have not made any formal move for Ramirez, nor are they preparing to.

Ramirez, who is also rumoured to be interesting Napoli and Bundesliga outfit Wolfsburg, is a player Liverpool are aware of, having scouted him extensively over the past 18 months.

The left-footed attacking midfielder was identified by Damien Comolli, the club’s former director of football, as a potential target earlier this year, and tentative enquiries were made during the winter transfer window.

However, with both Comolli and Kenny Dalglish having departed the club, the Reds’ interest looks to have cooled, with Rodgers and his staff busying themselves pursuing a number of other targets.

Fulham forward Clint Dempsey is another name that has been linked over the weekend, with Sunday reports suggesting a £10m bid could be in the offing for the 29-year-old American.

Again, however, the ECHO understands that such reports are wide of the mark. Dempsey, who scored 23 goals for the Cottagers last season, is a player Rodgers rates, but no approach has been made by the Reds yet.

One player who could be set to depart Anfield, meanwhile, is Alberto Aquilani, with Turkish side Fenerbahce the latest club linked with the Italian midfielder.

Aquilani, who turned 28 on Saturday, is yet to return to Merseyside after a loan spell at AC Milan last season, having been allowed time off to get married last week. The former Roma man has said recently he expects to start pre-season with the Reds, but it is believed Liverpool would be willing to offload the £17m man for a knock-down fee if possible.

LINK to Article

The Liverpool Echo's report from today. This basically rubbishes the reports linking Gaston Ramirez with a move to the club, as well as Dempsey (at least for the immediate future). Time to look elsewhere with with the speculation, it seems.

That is sad sad news . . it seemed the only solid rumor Sad
Fahim89
Fahim89
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Fahim89 Mon Jul 09, 2012 12:23 pm

BR: Hoping for new signings by then. The reality is for players to be associated with LFC is great but we have only made 3-4 enquiries about players

Live press conference today . . .

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/liverpool-fc/liverpool-fc-news/2012/07/09/liverpool-fc-usa-pre-season-tour-live-press-conference-with-brendan-rodgers-from-11-45am-100252-31354242/
Fahim89
Fahim89
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Fahim89 Mon Jul 09, 2012 12:24 pm

BR: Hoping to close out one deal this week, maybe two

banana
Fahim89
Fahim89
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Fahim89 Mon Jul 09, 2012 1:19 pm

Ben Smith ‏@BenSmithBBC
Off camera, Rodgers said #LFC fans would find one potential new player 'incredibly exciting' - 'they'll love him'

Chaka we have no clue who it can be hmm
Fahim89
Fahim89
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Mon Jul 09, 2012 1:33 pm

Emile Heskey :I'munoriginal:
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Mon Jul 09, 2012 7:02 pm

Kick wrote:Emile Heskey :I'munoriginal:

Very true.
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jul 09, 2012 7:17 pm

It'll be Clint and Ramirez

and then Red will owe us all an apology cheers

Dempsey :bow: :bow:

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Mon Jul 09, 2012 7:53 pm

Hilary Clint hmm
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 16 of 43 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 29 ... 43  Next