Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Mata x Gotze Empty Re: Mata x Gotze

Post by Ganso Sat Apr 28, 2012 7:19 pm

Mata is too inconsistent ,not only in successive matches but during matches.He simply doesnt get involved enough.In the game against tottenham( FA cup )for example he was invisible for most of the time.The thing is that he gets an assist or scores out of nowhere in those invisible game which make him look better than he actually is imo,reminds me of Reus.Maybe his issue is that he needs more gelling with the team

Gotze has almost the same role yet is always active and producing something in midfield or in the final third
Ganso
Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sushi Master Sat Apr 28, 2012 7:55 pm

Gödze. My only worries on him are injuries.

Although Mata is great.
Sushi Master
Sushi Master
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by juventus101 Sat Apr 28, 2012 11:27 pm

Mata is great, but Gotze is a level above him.
juventus101
juventus101
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Sun Apr 29, 2012 1:34 am

Mata.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by VivaStPauli Sun Apr 29, 2012 8:47 am

Götze.
More potential. More consistency. More name that is a variation of "god" in German.

I just hope that he doesn't turn out to be made of glass.

Mata is still great, though. It's just that there's hardly anyone that I'd have ahead of Götze if I could have him.
VivaStPauli
VivaStPauli
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC St. Pauli

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Sun Apr 29, 2012 10:41 am

VivaStPauli wrote:Götze.
More potential. More consistency. More name that is a variation of "god" in German.

I just hope that he doesn't turn out to be made of glass.

Mata is still great, though. It's just that there's hardly anyone that I'd have ahead of Götze if I could have him.

How do come to the conclusion he has more potential? Consistency? He was one of Valencia's most consistent players along with Chelsea despite his recent slump (since he is their only creative player)

Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by che Sun Apr 29, 2012 10:47 am

compare them when gotze is the only remotely creative player in a team whose first choice striker has scored 2 league goals all season

:facepalm:
che
che
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Benfica

Back to top Go down

Post by Sushi Master Sun Apr 29, 2012 10:52 am

Götze is the only remotely creative player in Dortmund? So, Kagawa, Hummels, Gündogan and the fact that Dortmund tore apart the Bundesliga goals galore don't matter?

Lewandowski has 28 goals in all competitions. Who cares if Barrios is off form? You're giving points to Götze in saying that he can still assist the 2nd choice striker as well as the first choice one. Laughing

Why Götze has more potential? He's 19 and Mata is 24, for starters. The performances Götze has unleashed are of guys way beyond his years. He will soon be world class if he keeps developing that way.
Sushi Master
Sushi Master
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Sun Apr 29, 2012 10:54 am

Sushi Master wrote:Götze is the only remotely creative player in Dortmund? So, Kagawa, Hummels, Gündogan and the fact that Dortmund tore apart the Bundesliga goals galore don't matter?

Lewandowski has 28 goals in all competitions. Who cares if Barrios is off form? You're giving points to Götze in saying that he can still assist the 2nd choice striker as well as the first choice one. Laughing

Why Götze has more potential? He's 19 and Mata is 24, for starters. The performances Götze has unleashed are of guys way beyond his years. He will soon be world class if he keeps developing that way.

A well informed post Sushi, but Che is talking about Chelsea. Razz
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Sushi Master Sun Apr 29, 2012 11:02 am

Arquitecto wrote:
Sushi Master wrote:Götze is the only remotely creative player in Dortmund? So, Kagawa, Hummels, Gündogan and the fact that Dortmund tore apart the Bundesliga goals galore don't matter?

A well informed post Sushi, but Che is talking about Chelsea. Razz
:facepalm:

Well, I will give points to Mata in that case. He seriously has been one of the few bright spots in Chelsea's season. I feel he had much more impact in the AVB era, but this is most likely due to the shift in tactics under Di Matteo.

In that case he's saying Dortmund are superior to Chelsea :vagi:
Sushi Master
Sushi Master
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by che Sun Apr 29, 2012 11:05 am

not that far fetched tbh... if barcelona could finish their chances noone would be even talking about chelsea at this point...
che
che
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by VivaStPauli Sun Apr 29, 2012 11:08 am

Arquitecto wrote:How do come to the conclusion he has more potential? Consistency? He was one of Valencia's most consistent players along with Chelsea despite his recent slump (since he is their only creative player

Simply because I haven't seen a kid perform like that at this age since... Well, never, I think. Messi probably was as good, but honestly I wasn't really aware of him when he was 18, 19. Sue me.

But Götze is better now than either of Özil or Kroos were at his age, and they turned out fine.

And while Mata is great, I just think Götze will ultimately be able to offer more. They're different enough to question the comparison though, so I can understand preferring either player TBH, they'd probably even work together.
VivaStPauli
VivaStPauli
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC St. Pauli

Back to top Go down

Post by Sushi Master Sun Apr 29, 2012 11:11 am

che wrote:not that far fetched tbh... if barcelona could finish their chances noone would be even talking about chelsea at this point...
Why does Barcelona not finishing their chances cancel out Chelsea's excelent defensive display?

If Chelsea with like 3 chances managed to win the tie, then kudos to them. They're simply more efficient.

I would totally rate Dortmund higher than Chelsea at the moment, though. They're just so much more of a team. Nevermind with Reus.
Sushi Master
Sushi Master
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by che Sun Apr 29, 2012 11:13 am

because sanchez and adriano hitting the post and busquets blazing over from 3 metres out has nothing to do with chelsea defending, it's bad luck/poor finishing... any one of those goes in and the return leg is a completely different game
che
che
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Hades Sun Apr 29, 2012 12:36 pm

mata for now .. in my view potential means nothing since a lot of players dont live up to it ..
Lord Hades
Lord Hades
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Die Borussen Sun Apr 29, 2012 5:09 pm

mata

Die Borussen
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Sun Apr 29, 2012 11:22 pm

Ganso wrote:Mata is too inconsistent ,not only in successive matches but during matches.He simply doesnt get involved enough.In the game against tottenham( FA cup )for example he was invisible for most of the time.The thing is that he gets an assist or scores out of nowhere in those invisible game which make him look better than he actually is imo,reminds me of Reus.Maybe his issue is that he needs more gelling with the team

Gotze has almost the same role yet is always active and producing something in midfield or in the final third

We played that first half way too defensively, beside from that amazing Drogba strike, we didn't do anything or tried anything.

RDM plays a lot of games too defensively, but when we play free flowing like we did today against QPR Mata usually plays at his high level.

Mata has 12 goals and 18 assists in all competition.

Blue
Blue
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Barrett Mon Apr 30, 2012 1:15 am

Blue wrote:
Ganso wrote:Mata is too inconsistent ,not only in successive matches but during matches.He simply doesnt get involved enough.In the game against tottenham( FA cup )for example he was invisible for most of the time.The thing is that he gets an assist or scores out of nowhere in those invisible game which make him look better than he actually is imo,reminds me of Reus.Maybe his issue is that he needs more gelling with the team

We played that first half way too defensively, beside from that amazing Drogba strike, we didn't do anything or tried anything.

RDM plays a lot of games too defensively, but when we play free flowing like we did today against QPR Mata usually plays at his high level.

Mata has 12 goals and 18 assists in all competition.

Make that 12 goals and 22 assists.
Blue Barrett
Blue Barrett
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Barrett Mon Apr 30, 2012 1:17 am

Lord Hades wrote:mata for now .. in my view potential means nothing since a lot of players dont live up to it ..
This.
Blue Barrett
Blue Barrett
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Barrett Mon Apr 30, 2012 1:23 am

Everyone else has pretty much stated my point.

If it weren't for Mata, we'd be in a much lower position. Inconsistent? 12 goals and 22 assists disagree with you.

He does not shine in a defensive game. Whenever we play very defensive, he's pretty much non-existent. Whenever we decide to attack, he's our best player.
Blue Barrett
Blue Barrett
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down