+3
Luca
McLewis
Tifoso Romanista
7 posters

Go down

Osvaldo -why too many criticism  Empty Osvaldo -why too many criticism

Post by Tifoso Romanista Wed Apr 18, 2012 2:35 am

I mean sure i wanted a better Striker to begin with but its his first season at Roma and he scored 11 (if you count that offside goal that actually wasn't offside) 12 , judging by his all career , he only scored 13 in one season at Espanyol and he has been playing alright , much better than Borriello , Vucinic and has more goals than Matri , but all i see is people bashing him .

I actually like his play and looking forward to see much more from him
Tifoso Romanista
Tifoso Romanista
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Osvaldo -why too many criticism  Empty Re: Osvaldo -why too many criticism

Post by McLewis Wed Apr 18, 2012 3:23 am

He's certainly had his moments of brilliance and his moments of madness. Very charismatic player. I rate him honestly, but he needs to check his emotions.

That said, his return has matched his price. I'd say we've done a good piece of business here.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Wed Apr 18, 2012 3:29 am

You're comparing him to the wrong players.
Boriello has been disastrous, Vucinic is rated differently by everyone and Matri really hasn't had his best season either.

I like Osvaldo but he does have those moments of stupidity that makes you cringe

Luca
J Council Master

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by ErPupone Wed Apr 18, 2012 3:31 am

Check his emotions, yes. Also still quite a bit of room for improvement, I see him growing a little more. But honestly I've liked him so far. He's found the back of the net often enough, he's getting comfortable playing in wider positions which he's often asked to do, his dribbling is pretty good for a physical striker. Can't really complain or give him permanent :facepalm: status lol.
ErPupone
ErPupone
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Patrick Bateman Wed Apr 18, 2012 3:01 pm

Yes :facepalm: has done alright but I'm still standing by what I've said we got fleeced 11 goals is an okay return but when you look at the easy chances he wastes it paints a whole different picture.He's not clinical enough for my liking and he's a bit selfish.

Patrick Bateman
Patrick Bateman
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by JAY-Z Wed Apr 18, 2012 4:30 pm

He will only get better. His flair :bow:
JAY-Z
JAY-Z
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Patrick Bateman Wed Apr 18, 2012 4:31 pm

JAY-Z wrote:He will only get better. His hair🙇

:coffee:
Patrick Bateman
Patrick Bateman
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Wed Apr 18, 2012 5:55 pm

Patrick Bateman wrote:Yes :facepalm: has done alright but I'm still standing by what I've said we got fleeced 11 goals is an okay return but when you look at the easy chances he wastes it paints a whole different picture.He's not clinical enough for my liking and he's a bit selfish.

11 goals is an "ok" return? Come on, Dave....very harsh, brah.

McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Patrick Bateman Wed Apr 18, 2012 7:43 pm

McLewis wrote:
Patrick Bateman wrote:Yes :facepalm: has done alright but I'm still standing by what I've said we got fleeced 11 goals is an okay return but when you look at the easy chances he wastes it paints a whole different picture.He's not clinical enough for my liking and he's a bit selfish.

Well I don' think it is Neal when you look at how many goals Borini has scored,7 in 11 appearences.Now that's what I call good return plus we got him for peanuts.
Patrick Bateman
Patrick Bateman
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Tifoso Romanista Wed Apr 18, 2012 9:16 pm

Patrick Bateman wrote:
McLewis wrote:

Well I don' think it is Neal when you look at how many goals Borini has scored,7 in 11 appearences.Now that's what I call good return plus we got him for peanuts.

You see , players are not responsible for their transfer fees and in fact the higher ,the transfer fee , the more pressure on the player . As i mentioned before the most goal tally of him in Espanyol is 13 during his whole career and given the fact that we bought Borriello for 10m , makes Osvaldo too look like a king to me ☀

we bought Borriello for 10m and gave Mexes as a gift on top of it :facepalm: then we sent Borriello for 1m+7 right to purchase - 7+1<10m , and we sold risse for 3m . :facepalm:
Tifoso Romanista
Tifoso Romanista
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Wed Apr 18, 2012 9:36 pm

Patrick Bateman wrote:
McLewis wrote:

Borini was a sleeper hit. He frankly wasn't expected to play as well as he did. He saw an opportunity and he took it with both hands and good on him for doing that, but it's not particularly productive to compare with Osvaldo, whose role in this side is vastly different.

Osvaldo was expected to spearhead our attack and finish off the chances Totti and Co. create. He's met that expectation. I honestly do not see how he can't be rated from that perspective. Is he a bit of a douche? Absolutely.

He came to do the job a striker is responsible for: Score goals.

What more can you possibly ask of him?
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Patrick Bateman Wed Apr 18, 2012 9:49 pm

McLewis wrote:
Patrick Bateman wrote:
McLewis wrote:

Borini was a sleeper hit. He frankly wasn't expected to play as well as he did. He saw an opportunity and he took it with both hands and good on him for doing that, but it's not particularly productive to compare with Osvaldo, whose role in this side is vastly different.

Osvaldo was expected to spearhead our attack and finish off the chances Totti and Co. create. He's met that expectation. I honestly do not see how he can't be rated from that perspective. Is he a bit of a douche? Absolutely.

Perhaps a hat-trick against Juve this weekend might help me change my opinion about him. :coffee:

Seriously though if he gets close to the 20 goal mark for the season I'll give him more credit.But for now I think he should have more goals to his name,surely you can admit Neal that he can be very wasteful at times.

Patrick Bateman
Patrick Bateman
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Patrick Bateman Wed Apr 18, 2012 9:53 pm

Epicology wrote:
Patrick Bateman wrote:
McLewis wrote:

You see , players are not responsible for their transfer fees and in fact the higher ,the transfer fee , the more pressure on the player . As i mentioned before the most goal tally of him in Espanyol is 13 during his whole career and given the fact that we bought Borriello for 10m , makes Osvaldo too look like a king to me ☀

we bought Borriello for 10m and gave Mexes as a gift on top of it :facepalm: then we sent Borriello for 1m+7 right to purchase - 7+1<10m , and we sold risse for 3m . :facepalm:

That's a good way of putting it bro.We got shafted on the Borriello transfer as well even more so than Osvaldo but when signed Borriello we were very desperate at that point in time.I hope we can ship him off somewhere in the summer.
Patrick Bateman
Patrick Bateman
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Tifoso Romanista Wed Apr 18, 2012 10:09 pm

Patrick Bateman wrote:
Epicology wrote:
Patrick Bateman wrote:
McLewis wrote:

That's a good way of putting it bro.We got shafted on the Borriello transfer as well even more so than Osvaldo but when signed Borriello we were very desperate at that point in time.I hope we can ship him off somewhere in the summer.

I know we wanted a better striker but we werent the team is CL games and we couldnt offer that much of a salary and we were just starting witha unexpirience manager , Not many top class Striker do as Suarez has done , their whole footballing career is about 15 years and they dont want to risk it , Now as we getting better we get younsgters as they want to prove themselves but we still do need CL spot to actualy get them .

The best example is samuel Eto'o that we were close to sign him but we couldnt give him the wage that he wanted and went to Inter and we lost at least 2 Scudetto to his goals against us

Last edited by Epicology on Wed Apr 18, 2012 10:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
Tifoso Romanista
Tifoso Romanista
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Wed Apr 18, 2012 10:12 pm

Patrick Bateman wrote:
McLewis wrote:
Patrick Bateman wrote:
McLewis wrote:

Perhaps a hat-trick against Juve this weekend might help me change my opinion about him. :coffee:

Seriously though if he gets close to the 20 goal mark for the season I'll give him more credit.But for now I think he should have more goals to his name,surely you can admit Neal that he can be very wasteful at times.

Well what striker isn't wasteful? It's about confidence. Osvaldo has had a torrid time off the pitch this season and that definitely takes it toll on his confidence. It's also down to a lack of concentration.

Mario Gomez is one of the most wasteful strikers in the game today, but the difference between him and Osvaldo is that he's playing with unbelievable confidence and can actually focus on the task at hand with consistency. When Osvaldo can do that, he'll be a 20-goal a year player.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by flameas Thu Apr 19, 2012 12:29 pm

He has missed soo much chances. Thaths why hes not good enough, yet. I think we could do better. Not the fastest player either. Id prefer Giuseppe Rossi.
flameas
flameas
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Thu Apr 19, 2012 1:36 pm

You too with the missed chances?

Complete cop out, guys. Strikers miss chances...it's part of being a striker. And he wasn't bought for his speed or else we would've pushed harder for Nilmar.

I still have yet to see a concrete reason why Osvaldo is undeserving of praise this season.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Patrick Bateman Thu Apr 19, 2012 3:20 pm

Mario Gomez can afford to wasteful playing for one of the biggest clubs in football with great players supporting him,So much creativity in that Bayern team.For us it's different we might only get 2 or 3 chances in a game to score and it's vital that the finishing is clinical.

I think we should agree to disagree. Razz
Patrick Bateman
Patrick Bateman
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Tifoso Romanista Thu Apr 19, 2012 4:40 pm

pirat He will score a winner against Juve ☀
Tifoso Romanista
Tifoso Romanista
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Patrick Bateman Thu Apr 19, 2012 6:04 pm

Epicology wrote: pirat He will score a winner against Juve ☀

If that happens I will bow down to the man and call him the signing of the season. :coffee:
Patrick Bateman
Patrick Bateman
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Thu Apr 19, 2012 6:30 pm

He scored against Milan and still got facepalm'd. Just sayin'

:I'munoriginal:
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Patrick Bateman Thu Apr 19, 2012 6:41 pm

McLewis wrote:He scored against Milan and still got facepalm'd. Just sayin'

:I'munoriginal:

He didn't know to much about it though,a blind man would've scored it.

Patrick Bateman
Patrick Bateman
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Patrick Bateman Thu Apr 19, 2012 6:43 pm

And about facepalming him,It's worked hasn't it ? Wink
Patrick Bateman
Patrick Bateman
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Tifoso Romanista Thu Apr 19, 2012 7:25 pm

Patrick Bateman wrote:
Epicology wrote: pirat He will score a winner against Juve ☀

If that happens I will bow down to the man and call him the signing of the season. :coffee:

I like all of our players except Cassetti & Kjaer and Virga that i dont know what is his position Razz
Tifoso Romanista
Tifoso Romanista
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum