Criticism from the media

4 posters

Go down

Criticism from the media Empty Criticism from the media

Post by mr-r34 Thu Dec 20, 2012 6:33 am

Can't believe none of you guys have started this thread yet.

Anyways, what a joke the media is. Standing in the heart of the RBB and seeing everything that went on, the media over exaggerated everything.

Reports of

Flares thrown in the crowd - Rubbish all were placed on the floor or thrown on the pitch. None were thrown at any crowd members.

Fights, what fights? 3 people got arrested and it was made out to be the worst sporting event in Australia.

All i heard in media reports was hooliganism this, hooliganism that. The evidence to show this was all but fans chanting and showing some passion.

We all know the vested interest 7,9 and 10 have in other codes. They either just want a quick reactive story or their out to get football(a sport which hardly has been given a chance in Australia).

Australia needs to understand football fans are passionate, our chants don't consist of "the refs a wanker" , " NSW, NSW, NSW" or "QLDer, QLDer , QLDer", It's not NRL , AFL or cricket where the fans shown hardly any emotion.

I'm not bashing the other sports i love NRL and cricket, for obv reasons not the AFL =].

Brilliant read from the below link.

http://www.westsydneyfootball.com/_/supporter-articles/passionisnotacrime-post-derby-media-bias-r257

P.S

How awesome are the RBB, out sung and shat on the cove at home.

mr-r34
mr-r34
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Norwich

Back to top Go down

Criticism from the media Empty Re: Criticism from the media

Post by BarcaKizz Thu Dec 20, 2012 6:53 am

Yeah. Absolute rubbish. The fans were great.

Its funny, they definitely shat on the Cove, but thats not to say there aren't as many or less passionate SFC supporters. Its simply that Syd have nothing to cheer about atm... Its actually abysmal. I just clapped both teams and hardly spoke a word.

The Cove was silent this game. Quite disappointing for the first derby in the city, but at most other big games they are even louder. Just reflects what a joke Sydney are atm...

Sick of it tbh, and waiting for the board to do something longterm and make some changes. Its hilariously naive and shortsighted that they thought purchasing a few players and ADP would turn things round.
BarcaKizz
BarcaKizz
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Forza Fri Dec 21, 2012 12:19 am

I did post something in the talk about whatever section - channel 9 being spammed for broadcasting anti-football stories.
Forza
Forza
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Fulham

Back to top Go down

Post by The Sanchez Fri Dec 21, 2012 2:58 am

There were no flares thrown at crowd members but I think what was discussed was the safety of the players on the pitch. With flares being thrown around, player's safety 'can be at risk'.
The Sanchez
The Sanchez
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum