Italian National Team Thread

+98
BeautifulGame
Art Morte
LuckAndWin
futbol
Busby Babe
McAgger
messixaviesta
The Franchise
Gil
salmano9
danyjr
DeviAngel
Guiltybystander
nadinkrah
The Legend
Cassius
chinomaster182
farfan
LeBéninois
giovanni_milan
Robespierre
Andrew
nichabr
sbaggio
vivabarca38
Casciavit
Zlatan
Xifio
keye.su
Lupi
Kaladin
RealGunner
Ion Creanga
BarrileteCosmico
donttreadonred
:{Mr.Mustachio!
Arquitecto
Eivindo
dronte
The Nature Boy
Cookie Monster
Rossonero23
red&blacklegion
Le Samourai
Juveman17
Onyx
Swanhends
The_ItalianFool
II Capitano
sportsczy
TrezeGent
flameas
tonger
nasir6371
Katy Perry
rwo power
Twoism
Rebaño Sagrado
Tomwin Lannister
M99
Sticchio
7amood11
McLewis
dostoevsky
•MilanDevil•
Mr Nick09
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Valkyrja
SuperClaudio
leemhuis
Forza
Tifoso Romanista
Patrick Bateman
JAY-Z
TonyDaBeast
zarola
Adit
Cotes
BiasedMilanFan3
Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo
mr.galliani
paddy
arigle
Potential
Grande_Milano
Timit
gkamtu
Luca
juventus101
Brigate Rossonere
ErPupone
tahaa89
Ali
S
Ganso
C.Marchisio #8
Internal
Milantildeath
102 posters

Page 2 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21 ... 40  Next

Go down

Italian National Team Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: Italian National Team Thread

Post by ErPupone Sat Jun 11, 2011 5:59 am

The first 5 lines of your post is exactly what I'm trying to show. Nocerino and Giovinco are not used to playing on the wing, while Maggio is good but not a top class winger. The moment we move out of our comfortable 4312 is the moment we'll be in trouble. Why do we need to change formation? In games like the one this week. Trappatoni outsmarted us mainly by shutting down Pirlo and outnumbering us through the middle. In cases like that, you need to change approach, something this team I fear is incapable of because we have yet to be tested. This was always going to be a problem after the Prandelli overhaul.

ErPupone
First Team
First Team

Posts : 2422
Join date : 2011-06-07

Back to top Go down

Italian National Team Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: Italian National Team Thread

Post by Guest Sat Jun 11, 2011 6:01 am

ErPupone wrote:The first 5 lines of your post is exactly what I'm trying to show. Nocerino and Giovinco are not used to playing on the wing, while Maggio is good but not a top class winger. The moment we move out of our comfortable 4312 is the moment we'll be in trouble. Why do we need to change formation? In games like the one this week. Trappatoni outsmarted us mainly by shutting down Pirlo and outnumbering us through the middle. In cases like that, you need to change approach, something this team I fear is incapable of because we have yet to be tested. This was always going to be a problem after the Prandelli overhaul.

And that's why he needs a back up. But why rely on Pirlo? If anything, we can play with a more defensive Midfield.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Italian National Team Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: Italian National Team Thread

Post by ErPupone Sat Jun 11, 2011 6:13 am

sciacca wrote:
ErPupone wrote:The first 5 lines of your post is exactly what I'm trying to show. Nocerino and Giovinco are not used to playing on the wing, while Maggio is good but not a top class winger. The moment we move out of our comfortable 4312 is the moment we'll be in trouble. Why do we need to change formation? In games like the one this week. Trappatoni outsmarted us mainly by shutting down Pirlo and outnumbering us through the middle. In cases like that, you need to change approach, something this team I fear is incapable of because we have yet to be tested. This was always going to be a problem after the Prandelli overhaul.

And that's why he needs a back up. But why rely on Pirlo? If anything, we can play with a more defensive Midfield.

That's what I've been saying, we lack a real back up plan which is probably going to be the reason we falter if we do. It's not really Prandelli's fault, but some areas of the team lack depth while real wingers are nonexistent. As for Pirlo, there's no one else with his creativity and vision. He needs to play imo, but he needs help in defending. He's not the problem in a 4312, but might have trouble in a 442.
ErPupone
ErPupone
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Roma
Posts : 2422
Join date : 2011-06-07

Back to top Go down

Italian National Team Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: Italian National Team Thread

Post by Guest Sat Jun 11, 2011 6:22 am

ErPupone wrote:
sciacca wrote:
ErPupone wrote:The first 5 lines of your post is exactly what I'm trying to show. Nocerino and Giovinco are not used to playing on the wing, while Maggio is good but not a top class winger. The moment we move out of our comfortable 4312 is the moment we'll be in trouble. Why do we need to change formation? In games like the one this week. Trappatoni outsmarted us mainly by shutting down Pirlo and outnumbering us through the middle. In cases like that, you need to change approach, something this team I fear is incapable of because we have yet to be tested. This was always going to be a problem after the Prandelli overhaul.

And that's why he needs a back up. But why rely on Pirlo? If anything, we can play with a more defensive Midfield.

That's what I've been saying, we lack a real back up plan which is probably going to be the reason we falter if we do. It's not really Prandelli's fault, but some areas of the team lack depth while real wingers are nonexistent. As for Pirlo, there's no one else with his creativity and vision. He needs to play imo, but he needs help in defending. He's not the problem in a 4312, but might have trouble in a 442.

I blame Prandelli for changing our style. I don't like this. It's pretty obvious he's copying Spain and he wants to follow in their footsteps. This is Italy, we are not meant to play this way. We are mean't to play the way we always have. And that is based with defensive tactics and depend on the counter.

Agreed about Pirlo.

Thats why... Forget Montolivo and do...

De Rossi/Marchisio - Pirlo - Motta


Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Italian National Team Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: Italian National Team Thread

Post by ErPupone Sat Jun 11, 2011 3:49 pm

sciacca wrote:
ErPupone wrote:
sciacca wrote:
ErPupone wrote:The first 5 lines of your post is exactly what I'm trying to show. Nocerino and Giovinco are not used to playing on the wing, while Maggio is good but not a top class winger. The moment we move out of our comfortable 4312 is the moment we'll be in trouble. Why do we need to change formation? In games like the one this week. Trappatoni outsmarted us mainly by shutting down Pirlo and outnumbering us through the middle. In cases like that, you need to change approach, something this team I fear is incapable of because we have yet to be tested. This was always going to be a problem after the Prandelli overhaul.

And that's why he needs a back up. But why rely on Pirlo? If anything, we can play with a more defensive Midfield.

That's what I've been saying, we lack a real back up plan which is probably going to be the reason we falter if we do. It's not really Prandelli's fault, but some areas of the team lack depth while real wingers are nonexistent. As for Pirlo, there's no one else with his creativity and vision. He needs to play imo, but he needs help in defending. He's not the problem in a 4312, but might have trouble in a 442.

I blame Prandelli for changing our style. I don't like this. It's pretty obvious he's copying Spain and he wants to follow in their footsteps. This is Italy, we are not meant to play this way. We are mean't to play the way we always have. And that is based with defensive tactics and depend on the counter.

Agreed about Pirlo.

Thats why... Forget Montolivo and do...

De Rossi/Marchisio - Pirlo - Motta


The problem I pointed out isn't Pradelli's fault, we don't have the right players to do it. Prandelli has done well so far, but you can't blame him for the fact that we don't have the right players to play out wide. We used to have Camoranesi on that right wing and Perrotta, a box to box midfielder capable of playing on the left wing. Now it seems that our midfielders have trouble adapting to different positions which is a bit of a problem.
ErPupone
ErPupone
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Roma
Posts : 2422
Join date : 2011-06-07

Back to top Go down

Italian National Team Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: Italian National Team Thread

Post by Guest Sat Jun 11, 2011 4:34 pm

ErPupone wrote:
sciacca wrote:
ErPupone wrote:
sciacca wrote:
ErPupone wrote:The first 5 lines of your post is exactly what I'm trying to show. Nocerino and Giovinco are not used to playing on the wing, while Maggio is good but not a top class winger. The moment we move out of our comfortable 4312 is the moment we'll be in trouble. Why do we need to change formation? In games like the one this week. Trappatoni outsmarted us mainly by shutting down Pirlo and outnumbering us through the middle. In cases like that, you need to change approach, something this team I fear is incapable of because we have yet to be tested. This was always going to be a problem after the Prandelli overhaul.

And that's why he needs a back up. But why rely on Pirlo? If anything, we can play with a more defensive Midfield.

That's what I've been saying, we lack a real back up plan which is probably going to be the reason we falter if we do. It's not really Prandelli's fault, but some areas of the team lack depth while real wingers are nonexistent. As for Pirlo, there's no one else with his creativity and vision. He needs to play imo, but he needs help in defending. He's not the problem in a 4312, but might have trouble in a 442.

I blame Prandelli for changing our style. I don't like this. It's pretty obvious he's copying Spain and he wants to follow in their footsteps. This is Italy, we are not meant to play this way. We are mean't to play the way we always have. And that is based with defensive tactics and depend on the counter.

Agreed about Pirlo.

Thats why... Forget Montolivo and do...

De Rossi/Marchisio - Pirlo - Motta


The problem I pointed out isn't Pradelli's fault, we don't have the right players to do it. Prandelli has done well so far, but you can't blame him for the fact that we don't have the right players to play out wide. We used to have Camoranesi on that right wing and Perrotta, a box to box midfielder capable of playing on the left wing. Now it seems that our midfielders have trouble adapting to different positions which is a bit of a problem.

Ah yes, I completely agree. I'm just stating that I'm not liking Prandelli's new system and I'm not putting any faults. As you said we don't have the right players to do so. Not even for the wing, but for the passing and possession style he has. Sure it gave us results, but to low class national team. Who was our biggest competition? Germany? And that was a friendly, and they way we played was by defending mostly, not having possession. Having Motta and De Rossi in Mid, just simply tells you that off the bat. My whole point is, this ball possession none sense, has to end. Let's stick without methods for old time sakes. This is not Spain, we don't compare to them, we don't have much stardom as they do. Although our players are underrated, but still don't compare.

Now as I said, seeing that we lack wingers, it's best the we don't rely on any of them for now. Just stick with a 3 man midfield, and play out either a 4-3-1-2, or a 4-3-2-1. Now ofcourse a 4-2-3-1 or a 4-3-3 will work, but up to now those formations failed us. We lost to Ivory Coast in a 4-2-3-1 and and we barely made out against Estonia and Northern Ireland with a 4-3-3. Just goes to show, even our strikers aren't meant to play on the wings. Well Giovinco wasn't there, nor was Balotelli, but I doubt it would make a difference. Cassano on the wing, would suit him, however I still see him more as a central player like Rossi. And that's why I'm crying for a 4-3-2-1 and it will also look like a 4-3-3,

Something like this.

Italian National Team Thread - Page 2 1307810037489616

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Italian National Team Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: Italian National Team Thread

Post by C.Marchisio #8 Sat Jun 11, 2011 5:17 pm

1.Buffon
RB:Maggio
LB:Balzaretti
CB:Chiellini
CB:Rannochia
LCM:Marchisio
CM:Prilo
RCM:Montolivo
RFW:Rossi
LFW:Cassano
ST:Pazzini/Matri
C.Marchisio #8
C.Marchisio #8
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Liverpool
Posts : 2326
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 31

Back to top Go down

Italian National Team Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: Italian National Team Thread

Post by Guest Sat Jun 11, 2011 5:45 pm

juvefanmkd wrote:1.Buffon
RB:Maggio
LB:Balzaretti
CB:Chiellini
CB:Rannochia
LCM:Marchisio
CM:Prilo
RCM:Montolivo
RFW:Rossi
LFW:Cassano
ST:Pazzini/Matri

What formation?

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Italian National Team Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: Italian National Team Thread

Post by ErPupone Mon Jun 13, 2011 12:45 am

sciacca wrote:
ErPupone wrote:
sciacca wrote:
ErPupone wrote:
sciacca wrote:
ErPupone wrote:The first 5 lines of your post is exactly what I'm trying to show. Nocerino and Giovinco are not used to playing on the wing, while Maggio is good but not a top class winger. The moment we move out of our comfortable 4312 is the moment we'll be in trouble. Why do we need to change formation? In games like the one this week. Trappatoni outsmarted us mainly by shutting down Pirlo and outnumbering us through the middle. In cases like that, you need to change approach, something this team I fear is incapable of because we have yet to be tested. This was always going to be a problem after the Prandelli overhaul.

And that's why he needs a back up. But why rely on Pirlo? If anything, we can play with a more defensive Midfield.

That's what I've been saying, we lack a real back up plan which is probably going to be the reason we falter if we do. It's not really Prandelli's fault, but some areas of the team lack depth while real wingers are nonexistent. As for Pirlo, there's no one else with his creativity and vision. He needs to play imo, but he needs help in defending. He's not the problem in a 4312, but might have trouble in a 442.

I blame Prandelli for changing our style. I don't like this. It's pretty obvious he's copying Spain and he wants to follow in their footsteps. This is Italy, we are not meant to play this way. We are mean't to play the way we always have. And that is based with defensive tactics and depend on the counter.

Agreed about Pirlo.

Thats why... Forget Montolivo and do...

De Rossi/Marchisio - Pirlo - Motta


The problem I pointed out isn't Pradelli's fault, we don't have the right players to do it. Prandelli has done well so far, but you can't blame him for the fact that we don't have the right players to play out wide. We used to have Camoranesi on that right wing and Perrotta, a box to box midfielder capable of playing on the left wing. Now it seems that our midfielders have trouble adapting to different positions which is a bit of a problem.

Ah yes, I completely agree. I'm just stating that I'm not liking Prandelli's new system and I'm not putting any faults. As you said we don't have the right players to do so. Not even for the wing, but for the passing and possession style he has. Sure it gave us results, but to low class national team. Who was our biggest competition? Germany? And that was a friendly, and they way we played was by defending mostly, not having possession. Having Motta and De Rossi in Mid, just simply tells you that off the bat. My whole point is, this ball possession none sense, has to end. Let's stick without methods for old time sakes. This is not Spain, we don't compare to them, we don't have much stardom as they do. Although our players are underrated, but still don't compare.

Now as I said, seeing that we lack wingers, it's best the we don't rely on any of them for now. Just stick with a 3 man midfield, and play out either a 4-3-1-2, or a 4-3-2-1. Now ofcourse a 4-2-3-1 or a 4-3-3 will work, but up to now those formations failed us. We lost to Ivory Coast in a 4-2-3-1 and and we barely made out against Estonia and Northern Ireland with a 4-3-3. Just goes to show, even our strikers aren't meant to play on the wings. Well Giovinco wasn't there, nor was Balotelli, but I doubt it would make a difference. Cassano on the wing, would suit him, however I still see him more as a central player like Rossi. And that's why I'm crying for a 4-3-2-1 and it will also look like a 4-3-3,

Something like this.

Italian National Team Thread - Page 2 1307810037489616

It seems good, but I just have one issue. If you want to rely on solid defensive play and not play a possession game, you're asking quite a bit of Rossi and Cassano. They'll have to track far back, similarly to how Eto'o played under Mourinho. I don't know if Cassano and Rossi are willing to do that, if they're even capable of it. Prandelli would really need to get the whole team on the same page fast if he wants to play with a more defensive mentality, which I don't think he's planning to do, at least not with a 4-3-1-2 or 4-3-2-1. The 4-4-1-1 I proposed is likely to be more effective if we want to defend and play on the counter.
ErPupone
ErPupone
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Roma
Posts : 2422
Join date : 2011-06-07

Back to top Go down

Italian National Team Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: Italian National Team Thread

Post by Guest Mon Jun 13, 2011 1:00 am

ErPupone wrote:
sciacca wrote:
ErPupone wrote:
sciacca wrote:
ErPupone wrote:
sciacca wrote:
ErPupone wrote:The first 5 lines of your post is exactly what I'm trying to show. Nocerino and Giovinco are not used to playing on the wing, while Maggio is good but not a top class winger. The moment we move out of our comfortable 4312 is the moment we'll be in trouble. Why do we need to change formation? In games like the one this week. Trappatoni outsmarted us mainly by shutting down Pirlo and outnumbering us through the middle. In cases like that, you need to change approach, something this team I fear is incapable of because we have yet to be tested. This was always going to be a problem after the Prandelli overhaul.

And that's why he needs a back up. But why rely on Pirlo? If anything, we can play with a more defensive Midfield.

That's what I've been saying, we lack a real back up plan which is probably going to be the reason we falter if we do. It's not really Prandelli's fault, but some areas of the team lack depth while real wingers are nonexistent. As for Pirlo, there's no one else with his creativity and vision. He needs to play imo, but he needs help in defending. He's not the problem in a 4312, but might have trouble in a 442.

I blame Prandelli for changing our style. I don't like this. It's pretty obvious he's copying Spain and he wants to follow in their footsteps. This is Italy, we are not meant to play this way. We are mean't to play the way we always have. And that is based with defensive tactics and depend on the counter.

Agreed about Pirlo.

Thats why... Forget Montolivo and do...

De Rossi/Marchisio - Pirlo - Motta


The problem I pointed out isn't Pradelli's fault, we don't have the right players to do it. Prandelli has done well so far, but you can't blame him for the fact that we don't have the right players to play out wide. We used to have Camoranesi on that right wing and Perrotta, a box to box midfielder capable of playing on the left wing. Now it seems that our midfielders have trouble adapting to different positions which is a bit of a problem.

Ah yes, I completely agree. I'm just stating that I'm not liking Prandelli's new system and I'm not putting any faults. As you said we don't have the right players to do so. Not even for the wing, but for the passing and possession style he has. Sure it gave us results, but to low class national team. Who was our biggest competition? Germany? And that was a friendly, and they way we played was by defending mostly, not having possession. Having Motta and De Rossi in Mid, just simply tells you that off the bat. My whole point is, this ball possession none sense, has to end. Let's stick without methods for old time sakes. This is not Spain, we don't compare to them, we don't have much stardom as they do. Although our players are underrated, but still don't compare.

Now as I said, seeing that we lack wingers, it's best the we don't rely on any of them for now. Just stick with a 3 man midfield, and play out either a 4-3-1-2, or a 4-3-2-1. Now ofcourse a 4-2-3-1 or a 4-3-3 will work, but up to now those formations failed us. We lost to Ivory Coast in a 4-2-3-1 and and we barely made out against Estonia and Northern Ireland with a 4-3-3. Just goes to show, even our strikers aren't meant to play on the wings. Well Giovinco wasn't there, nor was Balotelli, but I doubt it would make a difference. Cassano on the wing, would suit him, however I still see him more as a central player like Rossi. And that's why I'm crying for a 4-3-2-1 and it will also look like a 4-3-3,

Something like this.

Italian National Team Thread - Page 2 1307810037489616

Now ofcourse, we can put anyone on the wing over Balo. I just put him there an example.

It seems good, but I just have one issue. If you want to rely on solid defensive play and not play a possession game, you're asking quite a bit of Rossi and Cassano. They'll have to track far back, similarly to how Eto'o played under Mourinho. I don't know if Cassano and Rossi are willing to do that, if they're even capable of it. Prandelli would really need to get the whole team on the same page fast if he wants to play with a more defensive mentality, which I don't think he's planning to do, at least not with a 4-3-1-2 or 4-3-2-1. The 4-4-1-1 I proposed is likely to be more effective if we want to defend and play on the counter.

Well no, I don't approve of this really, but I meant this should be a good back up plan for Prandelli if were not able to score. Cassano forget it, not only is he lazy, he is not fit to track back. Rossi isn't that lazy, and is capable of doing it. If he's asked to do it, then I don't see why he would not. However, Cassano's work rate for the national team has been impressive, so who knows. Why not then a 4-5-1?

As for the Balotelli position. I just put him there. Cassano can play there aswell as he can be very dangerous on the wings. Problem is I don't know if Rossi is able to play on the wings. Marchisio placed in LW to give more of a defensive approach, if you want attacking you can always add Giovinco.

Italian National Team Thread - Page 2 1307926794603088

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Italian National Team Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: Italian National Team Thread

Post by juventus101 Mon Jun 13, 2011 4:43 am

We should play a 4231 like this:

----------------------Buffon
Maggio----Chiellini----Bonucci----Criscito
------------Marchisio----De Rossi
--Cassano----Quagliarella----Rossi
-----------------------Matri

This is assuming that quags continues his preinjury form, and also that marchisio and melo continue to be juves starters in centralmidfield. If marchisio and pirlo start for juve and form a successful partnership, then I would start pirlo instead of de rossi. Also, if cassano doesnt start for milan, then I would give his starting spot to di natale for sure. Di natale would already give him a fightfor that starting spot, and it could really go either way. On the bench, I would have: Storari, Cassani, Ranocchia, P. Cannavaro, Balzaretti, Pirlo, Palombo, T. Motta, Aquilani, Di Natale, Giovinco, Pazzini. De Ceglie I believe couldget a spot on the bench or even a starting spot ifhe continues to develop so fast as a leftback, though he would need to avoid injuries. Del Piero, Totti, Nesta, and Miccoli are also all gonna fight for spots but due to their age I dont know if theyll make it. Itll be close.
juventus101
juventus101
First Team
First Team

Posts : 2537
Join date : 2011-06-07

Back to top Go down

Italian National Team Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: Italian National Team Thread

Post by Guest Mon Jun 13, 2011 4:49 am

juventus101 wrote:We should play a 4231 like this:

----------------------Buffon
Maggio----Chiellini----Bonucci----Criscito
------------Marchisio----De Rossi
--Cassano----Quagliarella----Rossi
-----------------------Matri

This is assuming that quags continues his preinjury form, and also that marchisio and melo continue to be juves starters in centralmidfield. If marchisio and pirlo start for juve and form a successful partnership, then I would start pirlo instead of de rossi. Also, if cassano doesnt start for milan, then I would give his starting spot to di natale for sure. Di natale would already give him a fightfor that starting spot, and it could really go either way. On the bench, I would have: Storari, Cassani, Ranocchia, P. Cannavaro, Balzaretti, Pirlo, Palombo, T. Motta, Aquilani, Di Natale, Giovinco, Pazzini. De Ceglie I believe couldget a spot on the bench or even a starting spot ifhe continues to develop so fast as a leftback, though he would need to avoid injuries. Del Piero, Totti, Nesta, and Miccoli are also all gonna fight for spots but due to their age I dont know if theyll make it. Itll be close.

I disagree. For one that formation didn't work out for us. Second, Quag is not a trequartista. Cassano, Giovinco, Rossi are all better options. Third that mid is to thin.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Italian National Team Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: Italian National Team Thread

Post by ErPupone Mon Jun 13, 2011 7:14 am

juventus101 wrote:We should play a 4231 like this:

----------------------Buffon
Maggio----Chiellini----Bonucci----Criscito
------------Marchisio----De Rossi
--Cassano----Quagliarella----Rossi
-----------------------Matri

This is assuming that quags continues his preinjury form, and also that marchisio and melo continue to be juves starters in centralmidfield. If marchisio and pirlo start for juve and form a successful partnership, then I would start pirlo instead of de rossi. Also, if cassano doesnt start for milan, then I would give his starting spot to di natale for sure. Di natale would already give him a fightfor that starting spot, and it could really go either way. On the bench, I would have: Storari, Cassani, Ranocchia, P. Cannavaro, Balzaretti, Pirlo, Palombo, T. Motta, Aquilani, Di Natale, Giovinco, Pazzini. De Ceglie I believe couldget a spot on the bench or even a starting spot ifhe continues to develop so fast as a leftback, though he would need to avoid injuries. Del Piero, Totti, Nesta, and Miccoli are also all gonna fight for spots but due to their age I dont know if theyll make it. Itll be close.

Deadly going forward, but it's a suicide mission. We would leak in many more goals than we score. The 4-2-3-1 is a formation that requires the perfect players in each position with really high work rates. Now it's a formation that seems to be thrown around everywhere but it's actually extremely detailed and needs a lot of planning and practice (and it's too late to go to that formation now nor do we have the players for it, in my opinion). Plus, when you use three attacking midfielders like Quagliarella, Cassano and Rossi at once, who are actually all strikers, you're asking way to much of De Rossi and Marchisio defensively. Having just them two help out with the back four will not work, they'll crack under the pressure of the opposing counter-attacks.

As for Di Natale being on the national team... no, never again if it were up to me. Doesn't have anything new to offer. If we're going to take a step back and bring back a more experienced player, it's either Totti, Del Piero or Nesta, maybe Miccoli.
ErPupone
ErPupone
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Roma
Posts : 2422
Join date : 2011-06-07

Back to top Go down

Italian National Team Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: Italian National Team Thread

Post by Luca Sat Jul 09, 2011 1:04 am

I think Quagliarella should have his spot back but we'll see what happens.

Rossi-Quagliarella
Cassano
Marchisio-Pirlo-Nocerino
Criscito-Chiellini-Bonucci-Cassani
Buffon

I put Quagliarella so naturally if he wasn't available it would be Pazzini with Matri in support.

Giovinco first off the bench for Cassano.

Luca
J Council Master

Club Supported : Juventus
Posts : 14135
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 31

Back to top Go down

Italian National Team Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: Italian National Team Thread

Post by Guest Sat Jul 09, 2011 4:17 am

Balotelli, Pazzini, Matri > Quag

:coffee:

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Italian National Team Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: Italian National Team Thread

Post by Milantildeath Mon Jul 11, 2011 11:33 pm

De Rossi > Marchisio

It should be: Rossi and Cassano have proved to be a very good partnership, and the mid would be very hard to break down. We would get our depth from the full backs, and Nocerino can be more of the Gattuso, breaking up plays. Balzaretti is the best Italian Left back right now, he is a lot stronger than Criscito. As for pirlo, he would be a deeper Trequartista, but still the TQ all the same, the more he is on the ball the better, and he can link up with Cassano. IF we need a goal, you can simply sub off Nocerino, and then bring on Giovinco, or another attacker, either way it's flexible.

---------------------------------Rossi---Cassano

---------------------------------------Pirlo
-----------------------Montolivo----------------De Rossi
-------------------------------------Nocerino

----Balzaretti--------------Bonucci---------Chiellini-----------------Abate
----------------------------------------Buffon
Milantildeath
Milantildeath
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan
Posts : 2275
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Italian National Team Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: Italian National Team Thread

Post by ErPupone Tue Jul 12, 2011 2:38 am

Milantildeath wrote:De Rossi > Marchisio

It should be: Rossi and Cassano have proved to be a very good partnership, and the mid would be very hard to break down. We would get our depth from the full backs, and Nocerino can be more of the Gattuso, breaking up plays. Balzaretti is the best Italian Left back right now, he is a lot stronger than Criscito. As for pirlo, he would be a deeper Trequartista, but still the TQ all the same, the more he is on the ball the better, and he can link up with Cassano. IF we need a goal, you can simply sub off Nocerino, and then bring on Giovinco, or another attacker, either way it's flexible.

---------------------------------Rossi---Cassano

---------------------------------------Pirlo
-----------------------Montolivo----------------De Rossi
-------------------------------------Nocerino

----Balzaretti--------------Bonucci---------Chiellini-----------------Abate
----------------------------------------Buffon

Pretty flexible. Rossi - Cassano is a good partnership but there would maybe be a lack of a deadly finisher, a real prima punta (Pazzini for example). But given the fact that we lack real wingers, we would play more down the middle so that absence may not be felt all that much. Here, Montolivo would be in his prefered position, as he likes playing deep and not as a trequartista. But, I'm not convinced with Pirlo's positioning. He is by far the most creative Italian around and I agree that the more he has the ball, the better it is; but I feel like the player in that position has to move quite a bit and cover quite a bit of ground and I don't think Pirlo has the legs for it anymore. To help him out a bit, I would swap De Rossi and Nocerino. De Rossi could stay back and is capable of directing play quite well when he's on his game, while Nocerino will cover a lot of ground and make up for Pirlo's lack of movement.
ErPupone
ErPupone
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Roma
Posts : 2422
Join date : 2011-06-07

Back to top Go down

Italian National Team Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: Italian National Team Thread

Post by Milantildeath Tue Jul 12, 2011 4:33 am

Point well said, both are fully capable of being great squads
Milantildeath
Milantildeath
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan
Posts : 2275
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Italian National Team Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: Italian National Team Thread

Post by Guest Tue Jul 12, 2011 7:33 am

Milantildeath wrote:De Rossi > Marchisio

It should be: Rossi and Cassano have proved to be a very good partnership, and the mid would be very hard to break down. We would get our depth from the full backs, and Nocerino can be more of the Gattuso, breaking up plays. Balzaretti is the best Italian Left back right now, he is a lot stronger than Criscito. As for pirlo, he would be a deeper Trequartista, but still the TQ all the same, the more he is on the ball the better, and he can link up with Cassano. IF we need a goal, you can simply sub off Nocerino, and then bring on Giovinco, or another attacker, either way it's flexible.

---------------------------------Rossi---Cassano

---------------------------------------Pirlo
-----------------------Montolivo----------------De Rossi
-------------------------------------Nocerino

----Balzaretti--------------Bonucci---------Chiellini-----------------Abate
----------------------------------------Buffon

I got to disagree with almost everything here, including the formation seeing that lot's of players are not in their natural positions and some are more deserving or better than others.

Starting off with the Marchisio and De Rossi comparison. There's no need to even see who's better than who, because they play complete different roles. Marchisio is more of your dynamic midfielder, box to box who can play in almost any position in the middle of the park. While De Rossi is your typical defensive midfielder recovering balls in midfield. Now of course where we speak in General De Rossi will always be the better player as in he is experienced and a champion. However if we look both players are currently, well Marchisio is the better player, including he's one of Italy's most consistent midfielders at the moment. De Rossi has had a poor season, including two suspensions and has missed out quite a bit with the national team. So I find it odd that you even brought out that comparison in the first place.

Cassano and Rossi partnership will not work out against big squads, it just won't happen and it won't work. In general if we'd like to play lower class squads then sure, then it will work. For this to truly function your going to need superb trequartista which for now is highly unlikely. Adding too their sizes, it just won't work out. We need one of those Prima Punta who can actually forful those types of solutions. Seeing that we already have two of them Matri and Pazzini, we shouldn't let them rot on the bench. However if you'd like to stick with that way, it's fine. However, as I said you need someone tall and stronger, and you got either Balotelli or Quag who are two mobile players in which they can play both the SS or CF roles. There's many ways we can precise this from, but it all depends with the opposition were facing.

Now looking into perspectives to this formation, this is completely off. You got one thing right, Prandelli loves the 4-1-2-1-2's or the 4-3-1-2's. De Rossi playing in an RCM position, won't work at all. Those players usually actually create plays, not defend them. You'd need someone like Marchisio, Aquilani, or Montolivo who can actually do great in those positions. Add in more depth with Mauri and Giovinco. The best options for both sides with be Marchisio and Montolivo as they've been our best up to this point. Now where Nocerino's placed is fine, however there are way better options and those being already De Rossi and Motta. As much as I love Nocerino he's still young, needs to improve gain more experience, because there's just no way De Rossi or Motta favored by Prandelli will be seeing Nocerino behind them. As for Pirlo playing deep. Not happening. First of all due to his age, not having enough agility, not being mobile, slow and won't track back enough. That's already one factor, another thing you should take into account is how Pirlo was used with Pirlo. He was used as a regista, in which is very crucial in Prandelli's style and plans. Prandelli focuses on ball possession and it is all based on Pirlo. Pirlo is used right in front of the defense to start up the plays from the back and proceed to the front. Like any other Regista would do, Pirlo does it best and thats where he will be placed. No comment on Abate, all I can tell you is that he deserves a call up, but it's not a must. We got better options and he is not needed for the moment. Maggio is the ideal starter in the starting XI. The ideal TQ should be Giovinco, if he has the right support behind him, if not hopefully when Cassano is fit. You still got the likes of Balotelli who can do it as well. Or you can add in Mauri, Montolivo and Aquilani. Many options, but yet to see which is best for the squad.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Italian National Team Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: Italian National Team Thread

Post by gkamtu Wed Jul 13, 2011 8:17 am

let it be...
gkamtu
gkamtu
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Club Supported : Manchester United
Posts : 243
Join date : 2011-06-07
Age : 34

Back to top Go down

Italian National Team Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: Italian National Team Thread

Post by Timit Tue Jul 19, 2011 10:01 pm

I cant wait to euro 2012
Timit
Timit
Prospect
Prospect

Club Supported : Juventus
Posts : 41
Join date : 2011-07-16

Back to top Go down

Italian National Team Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: Italian National Team Thread

Post by Grande_Milano Mon Oct 10, 2011 2:19 am

We should stick to conservative 4-3-1-2.

Abate/Maggio-Chiellini-Ranocchia/Bonucci-Criscito

DDR-Pirlo-Marchisio

Giovinco/Cassano

Rossi-Pazzini



Can also swap Rossi to AM and insert Balotelli in CF alongside Pazzini.
Grande_Milano
Grande_Milano
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Marseille
Posts : 2250
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Italian National Team Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: Italian National Team Thread

Post by Potential Mon Oct 10, 2011 9:10 pm

Buffon
Abate Chiellini Ranocchia Criscito
T.Motta DDR Marchisio Giovinco
Balloteli Rossi

if all players kept developing.. that's an amazing team for WC2014
Potential
Potential
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Inter Milan
Posts : 1203
Join date : 2011-06-09

Back to top Go down

Italian National Team Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: Italian National Team Thread

Post by ErPupone Mon Oct 10, 2011 9:25 pm

Looking at how things are going now, I would prefer:

Buffon
Maggio Ranocchia Chiellini Criscito
De Rossi
Pirlo Marchisio
Montolivo
Cassano Rossi

Aquilani as a first choice substitute anywhere in midfield, if he plays well between now and the end of the season. One between Nocerino and Motta on the team as well. Alessio Cerci should be given the chance to play in a friendly just to see if he could make a case for himself. I would like to have at least one midfielder capable of playing out wide on this team. Giovinco and Pazzini also selected, while we wait to see who else is ready for the Euro. At least at this point we have a clear idea of what kind of team Prandelli is trying to build; everyone is on the same page and working together, unlike pre-WC 2010 where there was just mass confusion.
ErPupone
ErPupone
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Roma
Posts : 2422
Join date : 2011-06-07

Back to top Go down

Italian National Team Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: Italian National Team Thread

Post by arigle Wed Jan 04, 2012 7:08 pm

Buffon
Maggio Chiellini Ranocchia Criscito
DDR Marchisio
Cassano Giovinco Pirlo
Rossi

The only reason I didn't put Nocerino is for lack of international experience and testing, if he follows his Milan form, the HELL he's definitely in there.

arigle
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Club Supported : Roma
Posts : 258
Join date : 2011-12-29

Back to top Go down

Italian National Team Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: Italian National Team Thread

Post by paddy Sun Jan 08, 2012 5:10 am

Buffon
Maggio - Bonucci - Barzagli - Criscito
Marchisio - Pirlo - De Rossi
Giovinco
Rossi - Balotelli

Di Natale = Super Sub. I'm not including Cassano because nobody knows if he'll be back in time for the Championships or not. The Bonucci/Barzagli partnership has proven to be the best in Serie A, they gel very well together and I see no reason why they shouldn't line up together for la Nazionale

paddy
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Posts : 205
Join date : 2011-06-06

Back to top Go down

Italian National Team Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: Italian National Team Thread

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21 ... 40  Next

Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum