hrealmadrid
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Mr Nick09
Nishankly
Onyx
23 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

How should Liverpool rebuild? - Page 2 Empty Re: How should Liverpool rebuild?

Post by RealGunner Mon Apr 02, 2012 8:48 pm

Travis_RM_91 wrote:You guys clearly have no idea what I said. As for the Anfield joke, strangely, no one black or mixed (including myself) ever found that offensive, nor did any other fans, only Liverpool fans get all self-righteous and say how awful and hurtful it is...

As for my comment, the likes of Downing and Henderson aren't good enough, never have been, never will be, do you just keep them for another year? And another? And another?

I said it's complicated as you might want to offload these players, but that will be hard and risky, and who is realistic for Liverpool to come in? Sure it's complicated, and this thread was about REBUILDING, one part of rebuilding at team is the in and out movements, and I gave my thought on the in and out movements, and gave my opinions about the players and WHY it is complicated.

If that is trolling, well, cry me a river...

Come to North london and then say the Klan joke and we will see how funny it is ?

Henderson is 20 years old, How can you judge him at this age as he will never be good enough? He won the Sunderland player of the year last year because of his performances and was highly rated by nearly everyone, hence the price of 16m. Rate him when he is 26 and is still playing shit, not now.

Suarez came in to Liverpool without the Champions League football. Juventus signed Vidal, Vucinic, Pirlo ( who was in a CL club ) And they didnt have CL football back then. Liverpool will be in the EL next year, they can attract players good enough to get them back in the CL

RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Mon Apr 02, 2012 8:50 pm

Travis_RM_91 wrote:
Messiah "Aggerswagger" wrote:I'm sorry to say this, but other than Il Capitano's and my fellow Liverpudlians suggestions, the rest of your guys' suggestions are a complete utter nonsense. Seems like everyone is just commenting out of their a$$es, and saying what they hear from the media.

Why don't you offer your opinion rather than bash everyone else then?

Mate, I have offered my opinion on this subject on more than one occasion in the Liverpool section. If you'd like to read it, it's just a click away Thumbs up
Just don't feel like repeating myself for the hundredth time.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis_RM_91 Mon Apr 02, 2012 8:51 pm

RealGunner wrote:
Travis_RM_91 wrote:You guys clearly have no idea what I said. As for the Anfield joke, strangely, no one black or mixed (including myself) ever found that offensive, nor did any other fans, only Liverpool fans get all self-righteous and say how awful and hurtful it is...

As for my comment, the likes of Downing and Henderson aren't good enough, never have been, never will be, do you just keep them for another year? And another? And another?

I said it's complicated as you might want to offload these players, but that will be hard and risky, and who is realistic for Liverpool to come in? Sure it's complicated, and this thread was about REBUILDING, one part of rebuilding at team is the in and out movements, and I gave my thought on the in and out movements, and gave my opinions about the players and WHY it is complicated.

If that is trolling, well, cry me a river...

Come to North london and then say the Klan joke and we will see how funny it is ?

Henderson is 20 years old, How can you judge him at this age as he will never be good enough? He won the Sunderland player of the year last year because of his performances and was highly rated by nearly everyone, hence the price of 16m. Rate him when he is 26 and is still playing shit, not now.

Suarez came in to Liverpool without the Champions League football. Juventus signed Vidal, Vucinic, Pirlo ( who was in a CL club ) And they didnt have CL football back then. Liverpool will be in the EL next year, they can attract players good enough to get them back in the CL

You do realise that I am half black and neither me, my black relatives, my black friends or any other friends or relatives are remotely offended by the term ''klanfield'' right?
Travis_RM_91
Travis_RM_91
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Error Mon Apr 02, 2012 8:54 pm

Tbh, Liverpool problems aren't that big. Signing couple key players in offense and they are good to go. Defense will be solid if the midfield is solid which is probably Pool's biggest problem.

First task is to ask Suarez tapping up his buddy and fellow countryman Cavani, and bring him in. Then Cavani will smuggler Hamsik under his chin to Liverpool too. Then they only need a quality RW which will be Lavezzi, who is hiding in Hamsik's mohawk.

Or they could go for Jovetic and Dzeko in case Lavezzi gets caught in security check and Cavani chin is too big to fit in plane.

Cavani/Dzeko
Suarez------------------Lavezzi/Jovetic
Hamsik
Lucas------Gerrard
Enrique----Agger----Skrtel----Johnson
Reina

Carroll
Downing-------------------Bellamy/Kuyt/Sterling
Henderson
Spearing-------Adam
Robinson----Coates----Kelly----Flanagan
Doni

Of course this might be expensive, but it would be good squad for a long time.
Error
Error
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Mon Apr 02, 2012 8:56 pm

For the record, that Klan joke is not funny or humorous at all...
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr_Puyol Mon Apr 02, 2012 8:58 pm

Liverpool is never gonna win,they are cursed.

How should Liverpool rebuild? - Page 2 Lebron_james_liverpool
Mr_Puyol
Mr_Puyol
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Corinthians

Back to top Go down

Post by stevieg8 Mon Apr 02, 2012 8:58 pm

Mr_Puyol wrote:Liverpool is never gonna win,they are cursed.

first legit criticism i've heard so far.
stevieg8
stevieg8
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis_RM_91 Mon Apr 02, 2012 8:59 pm

Doc wrote:For the record, that Klan joke is not funny or humorous at all...

For the record, if I, a a non-white am not even remotely offended by it, why are you?

Two word - self righteous.
Travis_RM_91
Travis_RM_91
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Mon Apr 02, 2012 9:00 pm

affraid

WTF Liverpool :vagi: :vagi: :vagi:
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Mon Apr 02, 2012 9:01 pm

Depends on what trophy your talking about. We already won (the Mickey Mouse cup as known to many), so the claim is invalid, unless your talking about the PL, then we've been cursed since LeBron was 6 ffs.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by stevieg8 Mon Apr 02, 2012 9:02 pm

Travis_RM_91 wrote:

For the record, if I, a a non-white am not even remotely offended by it, why are you?

I've tried to avoid responding to this one so far, but are you honestly saying that the only people who are allowed to get offended at something are people of color? Maybe white people are offended by the implication that an entire fan base, including many members of this forum, is racist to the point of being affiliated with the KKK? Maybe some of us would prefer not to be stereotyped because of our affiliation with a club that went through an event you seem to misunderstand? Honestly, not sure why a Black person would be offended by calling a white man a Klansmen; that seems like something that would offend the person being called racist.

...If you wanna talk about self-righteous...
stevieg8
stevieg8
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Mon Apr 02, 2012 9:03 pm

Messiah "Aggerswagger" wrote:

Depends on what trophy your talking about. We already won (the Mickey Mouse cup as known to many), so the claim is invalid, unless your talking about the PL, then we've been cursed since LeBron was 6 ffs.

We will neverwin CL again :vagi:
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Mon Apr 02, 2012 9:03 pm

Travis_RM_91 wrote:

Or

It isn't funny. Not sure what the ethnicity of one's self have to do with a bad joke but say what...

Also notice I never said it was offensive but since you brought it up, it pretty much is...
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Mon Apr 02, 2012 9:04 pm

Le Samourai wrote:
Messiah "Aggerswagger" wrote:

We will neverwin CL again :vagi:

:vagi:
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by donttreadonred Mon Apr 02, 2012 9:06 pm

1.) We need our foundation to be on the field together. This means we need to see:
_______________Reina
Johnson/Kelly - Skrtel - Agger - Enrique
____________Lucas - Gerrard
_______________Suarez
We need to build around this "spine." (Notice that doesn't mean buy all new players. In fact, a mass clear out is probably the last thing that is needed in order to acheive immediate success. Unlike playing Fifa 12, players really do need to learn to work with each other. You can't just buy the players that are "rated highest" and put them on the field together.)

2.) We need to settle on a formation/style. We've seen 4-2-3-1, 4-4-2, 4-4-1-1, 4-1-4-1, 4-3-3 all in a single season. It seems that we bought players without considering the style the club was going to play. For example, most recently we've been playing 4-3-3. This seems to fit our midfield issues (missing Lucas, Adam a liability in possession, etc.), but our attack is rather unsuited to the style. Downing on the left isn't much of a goal threat, and Suarez is unlikely to get on the end of his crosses. Bellamy is by far the best player for this formation, but he's 32 and has dodgy knees. Kuyt also fits the mold, but this season he couldn't hit water unless he fell out of a boat (except for the United FA Cup tie Very Happy ). On top of that, our best striker isn't suited to be a target man, meaning we are playing a false nine, but we don't have the goal-threat on the wings to make it work... :facepalm: We can stick with this, but it will mean moving Downing to the right, and buying a LW that can be a goal-threat and play every week (Hoilett, Matias Suarez, etc.)

3.) We need to buy goal-scoring wingers. I mentioned this in the last post, but we have bought chance-creaters on the assumption that Carroll, Kuyt and Suarez would be able to finish the chances. It's turned out that Adam doesn't really create as much as hoof and run with his head down; Downing has been creating aerial chances for a 5-11 Uruguayan, who likes to receive the ball at his feet; and Henderson has been uncomfortable on the wing drifting central (which is most likely where he will be playing in the future). Suarez looks unlikely to be moved wide, as we have adopted the strategy of running every attack through him. Therefore, we need wingers in the "Barca style." This means we need strikers who play wide and receive the ball from a "false9." Bellamy is a good example. (It also explains why he's been successful in Kenny's system.) Kuyt and Maxi are likely on their way out, and need to be replaced by quality, young goal-scoring wingers.

4.) The last thing we need is a revolving door in leadership. If that cycle gets started, all the doom-sayers in this thread will most certainly be proven right. The only sort of managerial change that could be positive in the immediate future would be a willing transition from power. For example (this is a hypothetical scenario, and I am not necessarily advocating it), Kenny could resign allowing Rafa the chance to return. (Btw, my answer to the question of "What kind of manager would be willing to take over such a 'loathsome' club that hasn't been in the Champions League in the last few seasons," is not very well hidden in the previous sentence. Get it yet?) Also, one of my pet peeves are people who say that Kenny is getting special treatment because of who he is. Sure, that's part of it. However, under his management, the club have at times played a very attractive brand of football. He's also cut the figure of a manager that the supporters can respect. (Some of us might say this is the exact opposite of everything that Roy Hodgson did.) It's been unfortunate that we've run into so many difficulties that his record resembles that of Woy. That doesn't mean the two are comparable. The situation is far more nuanced than that. Those of you calling unequivocally for Kenny's head, please refrain from speaking out of your arse. We hear enough of it from pundits who are looking to boost ratings. Perhaps the situation will come to that, but he's nothing like Woy. Stand down boys...
donttreadonred
donttreadonred
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by izzy Mon Apr 02, 2012 9:07 pm

LMAO if the Heat win the Championship this year with Lebron being critical. :bow:
izzy
izzy
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by stevieg8 Mon Apr 02, 2012 9:09 pm

izzy wrote:LMAO if the Heat win the Championship this year with Lebron being critical. :bow:

nah, they're gonna no-show the fourth quarter not once... not twice... not three times... not four times...
stevieg8
stevieg8
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis_RM_91 Mon Apr 02, 2012 9:10 pm

stevieg8 wrote:
Travis_RM_91 wrote:

I've tried to avoid responding to this one so far, but are you honestly saying that the only people who are allowed to get offended at something are people of color? Maybe white people are offended by the implication that an entire fan base, including many members of this forum, is racist to the point of being affiliated with the KKK? Maybe some of us would prefer not to be stereotyped because of our affiliation with a club that went through an event you seem to misunderstand? Honestly, not sure why a Black person would be offended by calling a white man a Klansmen; that seems like something that would offend the person being called racist.

They are just pretending that they care about racism and racial history when they DONT, they only care because it's mockery at the state of their club and its behaviour. It's fine if they are mad at the mockery, be mad at the mockery that's fine, but it is well and truly cringe-worthy when they pretend to be all caring and touchy about racism to try and get one over ytou.
Travis_RM_91
Travis_RM_91
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Mon Apr 02, 2012 9:12 pm

izzy wrote:LMAO if the Heat win the Championship this year with Lebron being critical. :bow:

Vince Carter will get a ring before Lebron lol
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr_Puyol Mon Apr 02, 2012 9:13 pm

Omg he's F*cking double agent.I'm so sorry Liverpool.

How should Liverpool rebuild? - Page 2 N3415611_38310180_6724
Mr_Puyol
Mr_Puyol
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Corinthians

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Mon Apr 02, 2012 9:14 pm

Travis_RM_91 wrote:
stevieg8 wrote:
Travis_RM_91 wrote:

They are just pretending that they care about racism and racial history when they DONT, they only care because it's mockery at the state of their club and its behaviour. It's fine if they are mad at the mockery, be mad at the mockery that's fine, but it is well and truly cringe-worthy when they pretend to be all caring and touchy about racism to try and get one over ytou.

Only 1 out of the 4 guys was actually a pool fan that voiced their disapproval :coffee:
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by stevieg8 Mon Apr 02, 2012 9:14 pm

Travis_RM_91 wrote:
stevieg8 wrote:
Travis_RM_91 wrote:

I'm sorry, what? Not only did that not respond to what I was saying, it didn't make much sense. Yes, I care about the fact that you're mocking my club. Furthermore, the part you didn't respond to, I care about the fact that you're implicitly calling me (and all Liverpool supporters, or at least the majority of them) racist. I also care about the fact that you're doing so on the basis of an event with at best murky circumstances, and extrapolating an assumption on the basis of those murky details to needlessly attack a club. I'm unsure how ANY of those things indicate that I don't care about racism or racial history - in fact, that claim just shows you have absolutely no idea what you're talking about, either about the club or about me.

So again, I'm going to ask you - why does it matter if Black people don't find it offensive? Are they the only group able to get offended by something?
stevieg8
stevieg8
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by donttreadonred Mon Apr 02, 2012 9:15 pm

BTW, the "klanfield" joke could actually be more offensive to "white people" who support Liverpool. It implies that all white Liverpool supporters are racist. I can assure that they are not. It is rather simple-minded to imply otherwise.

Call me self-righteous if you want. I prefer open-minded, virtuous or maybe scrupulous.
donttreadonred
donttreadonred
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by stevieg8 Mon Apr 02, 2012 9:16 pm

donttreadonred wrote:BTW, the "klanfield" joke could actually be more offensive to "white people" who support Liverpool. It implies that all white Liverpool supporters are racist. I can assure that they are not. It is rather simple-minded to imply otherwise.

Call me self-righteous if you want. I prefer open-minded, virtuous or maybe scrupulous.

Exactly my point, which he seems to be ignoring because Black people don't find the joke offensive.
stevieg8
stevieg8
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by izzy Mon Apr 02, 2012 9:17 pm

stevieg8 wrote:nah, they're gonna no-show the fourth quarter not once... not twice... not three times... not four times...

Le Samourai wrote:Vince Carter will get a ring before Lebron lol

Lebron will come good

I hope.

And leave Vince alone. Very Happy
izzy
izzy
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by stevieg8 Mon Apr 02, 2012 9:18 pm

izzy wrote:
stevieg8 wrote:nah, they're gonna no-show the fourth quarter not once... not twice... not three times... not four times...

Le Samourai wrote:Vince Carter will get a ring before Lebron lol

Lebron will come good

I hope.

And leave Vince alone. Very Happy

Air Vince ate one too many in-flight meals Very Happy
stevieg8
stevieg8
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next