Next year we should switch to a Diamond.

+3
fatman123
iNFINITY9910
Kick
7 posters

Go down

Next year we should switch to a Diamond. Empty Next year we should switch to a Diamond.

Post by Kick Sun Apr 01, 2012 9:53 am

Cech
Ivanovic Luiz Terry Cole/Bertrand
Mikel/Romeu
Ramires New CM
Mata
Sturridge Torres

This formation will make everyone happy as long as we get a creative player to take the pressure off Mata.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Next year we should switch to a Diamond. Empty Re: Next year we should switch to a Diamond.

Post by iNFINITY9910 Sun Apr 01, 2012 10:01 am

I think PVA has a higher chance than Bertrand...
iNFINITY9910
iNFINITY9910
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Corinthians

http://twitter.com/iNFINITY9910

Back to top Go down

Next year we should switch to a Diamond. Empty Re: Next year we should switch to a Diamond.

Post by Kick Sun Apr 01, 2012 10:04 am

PVA is poor defencively, for me, Bertrand has been solid when he has played and deserves a chance more than pVA.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by fatman123 Sun Apr 01, 2012 10:25 am

never been much of a fan of the diamond, if we're going after that style of formation id rather see us play 4-3-1-2
fatman123
fatman123
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Soul Sun Apr 01, 2012 10:41 am

Nice idea kick, I think I've posted something like this earlier
Soul
Soul
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Milanista Sun Apr 01, 2012 12:21 pm

I'd use essien over mikel 7 times a week and drogba over sturiddge

Milanista
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Mon Apr 02, 2012 3:52 am

fatman123 wrote:never been much of a fan of the diamond, if we're going after that style of formation id rather see us play 4-3-1-2
It would be that formation, the diamond is just easier to write.
Soul wrote:Nice idea kick, I think I've posted something like this earlier
you may well have. Surprised
Milanista wrote:I'd use essien over mikel 7 times a week and drogba over sturiddge
Drogba is 50/50 to leavecin the summer, Essien is poor and should leave.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by the xcx Mon Apr 02, 2012 6:53 am

I personally like the formation, but its going to have a set back because of our shit strikers..Sturridge is okay I guess but not Fernadont Scorres.
the xcx
the xcx
Banned (Decade)

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Mon Apr 02, 2012 6:56 am

Danny is great for his age, if Fernando could find his killer instinct he will be good too.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Mon Apr 02, 2012 3:49 pm

I dont advise using a diamond in this league where its so dominated by wing play.

You are relying on your fullbacks to provide the width and you will just end up with 2 v 1 situations every game and get destroyed in wide areas.

There's no coincidence that as soon as Tottenham went to a narrow diamond they lost games and soon as they go back to 2 wingers they won again.

Narrow diamonds dont work in this league. Would work well in Europe but in the league.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by iNFINITY9910 Mon Apr 02, 2012 4:30 pm

Unless, the midfield is not rigid and supports the full backs, its quite a lot of work but with Ramires running all around its not impossible.
iNFINITY9910
iNFINITY9910
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Soul Mon Apr 02, 2012 7:27 pm

If the Diamond is to work then, RM and LM must be fast enough to deal with opposition wingers.

Ramires can do it at RM but who do we have at LM? Mata is at his best when he's behind the strikers so if we place him on the tip then, as things stand, we'd have to play Mereiles or Lampard who'd suck there.

So if we're gonna place him at LM, then with a new signing like..

Cech
Ivanovic Luiz Terry Cole/Bertrand
Romeu
Ramires Mata
Lucas
Sturridge Torres

...would be pretty damn awesome Very Happy
Soul
Soul
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Mon Apr 02, 2012 10:58 pm

Mata can't play there. He is way too poor defencively.

Sign a fast young CM and you've got a good formation.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by iNFINITY9910 Tue Apr 03, 2012 9:52 pm

Modric.. or Schweinsteiger(dream come true) or just Essien lol
iNFINITY9910
iNFINITY9910
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Wed Apr 04, 2012 3:54 am

Modric and schweinsteiger are the obvious ones, Joe Allen could be a good cheap option, although, he could end up doing a Charlie Adam.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Wed Apr 04, 2012 6:25 am

And as for who we could get a part from those already mentioned are, Hernanes, Moutinho, Montolivo, Benega or Belhanda.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by fatman123 Thu Apr 05, 2012 6:27 am

was thinking about this and i dont know if the diamond is a good idea, everything mole said is right but on top of that we tried the diamond at the start of carlos first season (remember, it was when we were playing drogba ad anelka up front together)

and the in addition to the issues mole raised another big issue was that nobody could play in the hole in this form, he tried J.Cole, Ballack, Deco and Lampard and none of them could play there, now i know we all agree mata can play in the hole but i still think theres enough reason to leave him out wide and let him drift in like he does now and theres nothing to prove mata cna play in the hole of the diamond which is very different to playing in the hole of a 4-2-3-1 or similar formation as the AM has their back to the goal alot more in a diamond and has to do alot more holding up of the ball which suits a more physical player which mata is not

also mata cant play every game, and now that we dont have ballack, deco and cole (or real replacments for them) and if Lamps could play in that postion two seasons ago now way he can now, so really we're without a second choice AM in this situation unless we were to buy some especially for this postion as piazon and mechaeran cant be counted on as second choice to mata who like is said earlier may not be suited to this postion

imo 4-2-3-1 is the way to go as its not too different from 4-3-3 so our squad is used to, also i think its difficult for us to change to a style which plays with two up front as most of these forms dont have an AM and chelsea have always played with a target man and an AM so it'd be quite a change.

The only form i can think of which utilises wing play (something which is also always been part of or style of play in the last decade or so), an AM and two up front is a 4-1-3-2 form although id be worried about getting hammered on the counter and also it cut out luiz and coles runs from the deep alot which i think are somehting we need to maintain. Also to make that kind of shape work we'd need mikel or romeu to sit very deep to protect the back line from conter attacks which may lead to big gaps between the 5 defensve players and the 5 attacing players which could really ruin our build up

thats my thoughts anyway Smile
fatman123
fatman123
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Thu Apr 05, 2012 7:12 am

Nice post, I tend to agree, since posting this I realised it is not th best idea, I couldn't even make it work on fifa. And if it doesn't work on fifa it won't work Irl
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by fatman123 Thu Apr 05, 2012 7:33 am

Kick wrote:Nice post, I tend to agree, since posting this I realised it is not th best idea, I couldn't even make it work on fifa. And if it doesn't work on fifa it won't work Irl

affraid you couldnt get the diamond to work in fifa? the dimaond has been my fall back option in fifa for ages, then again i dont use the chelsea default formation or the default 4-1-2-1-2 either cause they both suck
fatman123
fatman123
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Thu Apr 05, 2012 7:37 am

I kept getting destoryed down the wings on the counter and without wide players I kept misplacing passes.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by fatman123 Thu Apr 05, 2012 7:59 am

what i do is push the LM forward to hes almost in line with the CAM and then change him to a LAM and give him a run directly forward and leave the RM untouched (or vice versa if you prefer play down the right flank, i do it this way cause the majority of my plays go down the left) and then change the CDM to a CM
fatman123
fatman123
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by iNFINITY9910 Thu Apr 05, 2012 5:15 pm

use 3-4-3... loads of goals Very Happy
iNFINITY9910
iNFINITY9910
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Fri Apr 06, 2012 2:12 am

Lol, 3-2-3-2 is greatvfor goals. It is like a line of attackers.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by iNFINITY9910 Sat Apr 07, 2012 3:34 am

lol yeah.. that would be hard to control though Very Happy
iNFINITY9910
iNFINITY9910
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down