Mr Nick09
sportsczy
RealGunner
izzy
Cassius
Raptorgunner
10 posters

Go down

Wenger suspended for three UEFA matches Empty Wenger suspended for three UEFA matches

Post by Raptorgunner Fri Mar 30, 2012 1:40 pm

he following statement has appeared on the UEFA website:

"Arsenal FC manager Arsène Wenger has been suspended from carrying out his functions for three UEFA competition matches by the UEFA Control and Disciplinary Body.

"Wenger has also been fined €40,000. He was facing a charge of improper conduct in relation to the UEFA Champions League round of 16 second-leg match against AC Milan in London on March 6.

"The suspension applies to the next three UEFA club competition matches for which Wenger would be eligible. An appeal may be lodged against the verdict within three days of the dispatch of the reasoned decision."
http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-archive/wenger-suspended-for-three-uefa-matches
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

UEFA are bunch dogs. :facepalm:

Its a tradition for UEFA to ban Wenger every *bleep* year.
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Wenger suspended for three UEFA matches Empty Re: Wenger suspended for three UEFA matches

Post by Cassius Fri Mar 30, 2012 1:43 pm

He should shut the *bleep* up then IMO.

No doubt he'll be crying over this too.
Cassius
Cassius
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Wenger suspended for three UEFA matches Empty Re: Wenger suspended for three UEFA matches

Post by izzy Fri Mar 30, 2012 1:45 pm

He didn't really go over the top with his comments IMO.

Ban seems excessive.
izzy
izzy
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Fri Mar 30, 2012 1:59 pm

Brilliant UEFA at it again

Guess they were low on the budget with Summer coming up, Booking for holidays is cheaper atm
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Fri Mar 30, 2012 2:05 pm

it's a repeat offender issue. Arsenal need to invite Platini over for a game and butter him up... just like Madrid did a few weeks ago :coffee:

When in Rome, etc. etc.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Fri Mar 30, 2012 2:13 pm

With appeal it will go down to 2
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Fri Mar 30, 2012 3:32 pm

Why was he suspended?
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Hades Fri Mar 30, 2012 3:34 pm

it wont make that much of a difference anyway
Lord Hades
Lord Hades
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Fri Mar 30, 2012 3:43 pm

Le Samourai wrote:Why was he suspended?

For these comments after the Arsenal/Milan second leg:

“I was not happy with the referee tonight because I felt he gave many free kicks in the middle of the park. Every time [Milan's players] went down a free kick was given to them, and they sensed that very quickly and used it very well.”

We could debate that many of them were actually free-kicks, but I don't see much wrong with what he's said.

He's previous two suspensions were also questionable. The first came when he complained about the ref after van Persie's red card at the Camp Nou, then the second after he "violated" the first ban by being in direct communication with his bench despite sitting in the crowd - Wenger's comments on it:

"Last year I have been suspended a second time - the first time was not justified, the second time was a joke because they told me what to do and afterwards they told me 'no, sorry, that was wrong'."

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Fri Mar 30, 2012 3:51 pm

GoonerJay29 wrote:
Le Samourai wrote:Why was he suspended?

For these comments after the Arsenal/Milan second leg:

“I was not happy with the referee tonight because I felt he gave many free kicks in the middle of the park. Every time [Milan's players] went down a free kick was given to them, and they sensed that very quickly and used it very well.”

We could debate that many of them were actually free-kicks, but I don't see much wrong with what he's said.

He's previous two suspensions were also questionable. The first came when he complained about the ref after van Persie's red card at the Camp Nou, then the second after he "violated" the first ban by being in direct communication with his bench despite sitting in the crowd - Wenger's comments on it:

"Last year I have been suspended a second time - the first time was not justified, the second time was a joke because they told me what to do and afterwards they told me 'no, sorry, that was wrong'."

:facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm:
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Fri Mar 30, 2012 4:35 pm

Is he lying? Anyone who saw the second leg will attest to the fact that Milan were falling over at the slightest puff of air and the referee blew up at will

UEFA have nothing better to do than sit around twiddling one another's nobs, throwing out random bans when they see fit
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Valencia

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum