Where does Ronaldo fit in the goat list? Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

Where does Ronaldo fit in the goat list?

+30
Paprika
ronalessi
Rebaño Sagrado
StrugaRock
the xcx
Sushi Master
McAgger
S32TABLANCA
chad4401
FennecFox7
LeSwagg James
The Franchise
VanDeezNuts
billionmillion
Albiceleste
jibers
Ganso
Adit
BarrileteCosmico
rwo power
baresi
EarlyPrototype
Zealous
Le Samourai
Doc
Jack Daniels
Lord Hades
urbaNRoots
Lord Awesome
Mr Nick09
34 posters

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Where does Ronaldo fit in the goat list? Empty Where does Ronaldo fit in the goat list?

Post by Mr Nick09 Tue Mar 27, 2012 6:19 pm

Just curious what your opinion is, we already Messi is better and in the top 3 of the greatest of all time, no need to waste time on that.

But Ronaldo is the other superstar of this current era, so where does he fit as a player in that list?
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Where does Ronaldo fit in the goat list? Empty Re: Where does Ronaldo fit in the goat list?

Post by Lord Awesome Tue Mar 27, 2012 6:21 pm

Somewhere above Messi. (Unbiased opinion)
Lord Awesome
Lord Awesome
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Where does Ronaldo fit in the goat list? Empty Re: Where does Ronaldo fit in the goat list?

Post by urbaNRoots Tue Mar 27, 2012 6:24 pm

Somewhere between 10th and 20th best player of all time.

Completely biased opinion Very Happy
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Hades Tue Mar 27, 2012 6:26 pm

not qualified since i am relatively new to football , but in my biased and unqualified view - at least top 20 when he retires assuming he doesnt just lose it all ala dinho, adriano
Lord Hades
Lord Hades
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Jack Daniels Tue Mar 27, 2012 6:26 pm

@nick
Even if you ask if CR is WC, most people here won't say yes lol
Jack Daniels
Jack Daniels
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Tue Mar 27, 2012 6:26 pm

He is on course on becoming one of Real Madrid's greatest players so his name would appear on the goat list (and rightfully so) whether you like it or not. Just, you know, Messi would be more fondly remembered...
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Tue Mar 27, 2012 6:30 pm

Carlo Very Happy
And this week's 'Andy Gray Award' for most idiotic, ignorant, asinine comment goes to super agent Jorge Mendes.

This morning the Portuguese negotiator was quoted by Expresso as claiming that his client Cristiano Ronaldo is the "greatest player in the history of football”.

“I think that it is thanks to his speed, his great technique and his power in the air. People will agree with me over time," he explained.

Now we all know that most agents will say anything to spark a bit of publicity for their puppies. Potential sponsors who know nothing about football will see the headline "CR7=t3h be5t" and come to Ronaldo with open cheque-books hoping for endorsements. Some will argue that Mendes' comments are to be ignored as they are strictly business-related.

However, for the uninformed football fans and readers out there - especially the younger audience - it is important to stress just how ludicrous Mendes' quotes are.

Best player debates always cause controversy. As Goal.com's Kris Voakes moaned a few weeks back: "In a sport which is so intrinsically team-based, why oh why people need to pick the bones out of everything Player X does in comparison to Player Y, heaven only knows. And some like to then break down the merits of footballers over a period of up to half a century and decide that Player Q is actually better than either X or Y. But one of the best things about football is that it generates such a vast array of opinions, and the ‘greatest player in the world’ debate is just another topic for people to get their teeth into, so who am I to stop them?"

And you won't stop me Kris.

Below, there are 100 players I managed to compile in less than an hour who I believe are better players over the course of history than Cristiano Ronaldo - when weighing up individual ability and success. Due to the shortage of obtainable 90-minute footage prior to 1960, players from the 1950s and earlier were not considered in this list. There are also many others, particularly South American-based stars such as Alberto Spencer, who could be regarded superior to Ronaldo but would take too much space to justify.

Ronaldo is not in the Top 3 Portuguese players of all time yet, and he is not even in the top 100 players of the last 50 years. Care to argue about it Jorge? I will gladly debate it with you!

The Cristiano Ronaldo 100

Argentina

Cristiano Ronaldo better than Maradona?

Lionel Messi
Javier Zanetti
Diego Maradona
Daniel Passarella
Mario Kempes
Omar Sivori
Alfredo Di Stefano

Brazil

Better than Pele?

Lucio
Ronaldinho
Cafu
Ronaldo
Rivaldo
Romario
Zico
Falcao
Junior
Rivelino
Jairzinho
Gerson
Tostao
Pele
Djalma Santos
Garrincha
Jose Altafini
Nilton Santos
Didi
Zito

Bulgaria

Hristo Stoichkov

Czech Republic

Pavel Nedved

Denmark

Michael Laudrup
Allan Simonsen

England

Bobby Charlton
Bobby Moore
Gordon Banks

France

Better than Zidane?

Zinedine Zidane
Lilian Thuram
Marcel Desailly
Michel Platini
Jean Tigana
Alain Giresse

Germany

Better than Beckenbauer?

Juergen Kohler
Lothar Matthaus
Andreas Brehme
Rudi Voeller
Karl Heinz Rummenigge
Uli Stielike
Rainer Bonhof
Paul Breitner
Franz Beckenbauer
Gunter Netzer
Wolfgang Overath
Gerd Muller
Karl-Heinz Schnellinger
Uwe Seeler

Hungary

Florian Albert
Ferenc Puskas
Sandor Kocsis

Italy

Better than Maldini?

Gianluigi Buffon
Fabio Cannavaro
Alessandro Nesta
Paolo Maldini
Giuseppe Bergomi
Roberto Baggio
Franco Baresi
Roberto Donadoni
Antonio Cabrini
Gaetano Scirea
Dino Zoff
Claudio Gentile
Giacinto Facchetti
Sandro Mazzola
Luigi Riva
Gianni Rivera

Mexico

Hugo Sanchez

Netherlands

Better than Cruyff?

Edgar Davids
Frank Rijkaard
Ruud Gullit
Marco van Basten
Ruud Krol
Johan Neeskens
Johan Cruyff

Northern Ireland

George Best

Poland

Kazimierz Deyna
Grzegorz Lato

Portugal

Better than Eusebio and Mueller?

Luis Figo
Eusebio
Mario Coluna

Peru

Teofilo Cubillas

Scotland

Kenny Dalglish
Jimmy Johnstone

Soviet Union

Oleg Blokhin
Albert Shesternyov
Lev Yashin
Igor Netto

Spain

Xavi
Andres Iniesta
Francisco Gento
Luis Suarez
Raul
Jose Santamaria

Yugoslavia

Dejan Savicevic
Dragan Dzajic

:bow:
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Hades Tue Mar 27, 2012 6:37 pm

seriously are you going to listen to mr unbiased extraordinaire carlo garganese??
Lord Hades
Lord Hades
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Tue Mar 27, 2012 6:56 pm

He's up there for sure but he needs another Balon D'Or (or two?) after which he would he would be at upper heights of Football history.

World Cup is also a major factor. If he can do it with Portugal then he'll really have a case.
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by EarlyPrototype Tue Mar 27, 2012 7:00 pm

@Samourai

Carlo apologized the day after for that stupid article.

Ronaldo is already one of the greatest, but since he isn't top 10 material yet it is difficult to say where exactly.

If everything goes for him this season. CL and good Euro campaign and maybe another Ballon D'or? then I will think about it again.
EarlyPrototype
EarlyPrototype
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by baresi Tue Mar 27, 2012 7:03 pm

Mr Nick09 wrote:Just curious what your opinion is, we already Messi is better and in the top 3 of the greatest of all time, no need to waste time on that.

But Ronaldo is the other superstar of this current era, so where does he fit as a player in that list?
Right behind Messi, if Messi is top 3 then he is top 4, if Messi is best ever then he is 2nd.
baresi
baresi
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Tue Mar 27, 2012 7:04 pm

Whoever performs in the big games will get the Balon D Or, if we win stuff this year

This is a Euro year as well, his group stage flame out won't look too good.

Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by baresi Tue Mar 27, 2012 7:05 pm

I think years from now people that didn't watch any of them would be arguing who was better, looking at stats it would be tough to conclude, just as we do with Pele and Maradona.
baresi
baresi
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Tue Mar 27, 2012 7:05 pm

baresi wrote:
Mr Nick09 wrote:Just curious what your opinion is, we already Messi is better and in the top 3 of the greatest of all time, no need to waste time on that.

Right behind Messi, if Messi is top 3 then he is top 4, if Messi is best ever then he is 2nd.

:bow:
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Tue Mar 27, 2012 7:06 pm

As long there is no distinction between GKs, Defenders, Midfielders and Attackers, I refuse to set up any "best of" lists. Where does Ronaldo fit in the goat list? 2276801876
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : Asante Kotoko

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Tue Mar 27, 2012 7:08 pm

I see GOATs in tiers. Tier A being Maradona, Cruyff, Di Stefano, Beckenbauer, Pele and Messi (unless he royally f*cks up the rest of his career).

Ronaldo belongs in Tier B, with the likes of Platini, Van Basten, Yashin, Scirea and Xavi.

Not exactly a bad place to be :coffee:

Last edited by BarrileteCosmico on Tue Mar 27, 2012 7:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Adit Tue Mar 27, 2012 7:08 pm

If im gonna rate him on pure goal scoring talents,he is up there with any super strikers the world have ever seen and i will say top 15 at least as a goal scorer.

But his overall effect to the team is still way behind all other greats.He wont make top 50 list.
Adit
Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Borussia Mönchengladbach

http://www.realmadridfootballblog.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Ganso Tue Mar 27, 2012 7:10 pm

not top 20
Ganso
Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Tue Mar 27, 2012 7:10 pm

top 50
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Tue Mar 27, 2012 7:12 pm

Ronaldo is the best goalscorer I've ever seen....just scores goals like he can't help it.If I was so inclined as to be enthralled by that, there's no problem with him being top 10.

However by those standards Jardel is top 10 as well.
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Albiceleste Tue Mar 27, 2012 7:13 pm

CR7=t3h b35t

Albiceleste
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Dinamo Zagreb

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Tue Mar 27, 2012 7:13 pm

BarrileteCosmico wrote:I see GOATs in tiers. Tier A being Maradona, Cruyff, Di Stefano, Beckenbauer, Pele and Messi (unless he royally f*cks up the rest of his career).

Ronaldo belongs in Tier B, with the likes of Platini, Van Basten, Yashin, Scirea and Xavi.

I am also a believer in the GOAT tier system and more or less agree with you.
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Tue Mar 27, 2012 7:14 pm

Zealous wrote:
BarrileteCosmico wrote:I see GOATs in tiers. Tier A being Maradona, Cruyff, Di Stefano, Beckenbauer, Pele and Messi (unless he royally f*cks up the rest of his career).

I am also a believer in the GOAT tier system and more or less agree with you.

Raul is in tier A :coffee:
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Tue Mar 27, 2012 7:17 pm

Scratch top 50. There is a reason Ronaldo has never been called a GOAT by anyone. Because....here's the kicker...he isn't...
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Tue Mar 27, 2012 7:18 pm

I'd say tier C.

Still below legends like Zidane, Raul etc in my book.

I wouldn't put Van Basten in tier B either....though he definitely had the potential to get there.
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next