The Franchise
7amood11
jibers
82 posters

Page 10 of 20 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 15 ... 20  Next

Go down

Xavi vs Pirlo - Page 10 Empty Re: Xavi vs Pirlo

Post by The Franchise Mon Jun 25, 2012 11:51 am

Everyone crying about forward passes, I dont get it.

Passing it sidesways > passing it forward to noone.

The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Mon Jun 25, 2012 5:47 pm

The Franchise wrote:Everyone crying about forward passes, I dont get it.

Dani I think most people mean that Xavi has become less risky and more obssessed wit keeping the ball. If you watch 08-2011 he always at least picked out forward runs. Maybe it's to do with less options but even Pep had a go at him for not releasing the ball quickly on a counter. That's what people are on about.
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Mon Jun 25, 2012 6:04 pm

Who at Spain is making runs for him to pass it to? Only Cesc. And he does it to Cesc, and has put him in scoring positions various times. If Cesc were more clinical or had a striker's instinct Xavi could have a couple assists by now. The problem is quite clearly a lack of options.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Swanhends Mon Jun 25, 2012 6:19 pm

Thats where I disagree...

Much rather a player take a chance at an incisive pass and fail than just play pass and move for 90 minutes. If that passing chart was for Busquets I would say nothing, thats what I expect from him, and thats his job...but Xavi is supposed to be more than a DM

As BC said in his criticism of Spain thread, a lot of Spanish players just pass the ball and then move to open space without even trying to advance the ball up the field

Granted: BC is also totally right in saying that VDB has sort of forced Xavi into playing this way at the moment because he's playing with 6 midfielders with no one trying to make any sort of runs in behind, so I suppose its understandable and not necessarily his fault
Swanhends
Swanhends
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Mon Jun 25, 2012 6:31 pm

BhritanniaBhlue wrote:

Much rather a player take a chance at an incisive pass and fail than just play pass and move for 90 minutes. If that passing chart was for Busquets I would say nothing, thats what I expect from him, and thats his job...but Xavi is supposed to be more than a DM

As BC said in his criticism of Spain thread, a lot of Spanish players just pass the ball and then move to open space without even trying to advance the ball up the field

Granted: BC is also totally right in saying that VDB has sort of forced Xavi into playing this way at the moment because he's playing with 6 midfielders with no one trying to make any sort of runs in behind, so I suppose its understandable and not necessarily his fault

I'm not talking about Spain. But Barcelona this season. He has been negative. Pep even had a go at him.
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by MrDeeds Mon Jun 25, 2012 11:18 pm

BarrileteCosmico wrote:Who at Spain is making runs for him to pass it to? Only Cesc. And he does it to Cesc, and has put him in scoring positions various times. If Cesc were more clinical or had a striker's instinct Xavi could have a couple assists by now. The problem is quite clearly a lack of options.

Then Pirlo would have a 100 assits for all the goal opp. he gives to Balotelli.

MrDeeds
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Tue Jun 26, 2012 1:56 am

jibers wrote:

Dani I think most people mean that Xavi has become less risky and more obssessed wit keeping the ball. If you watch 08-2011 he always at least picked out forward runs. Maybe it's to do with less options but even Pep had a go at him for not releasing the ball quickly on a counter. That's what people are on about.

I dont think that is what people are on about, but anyway I will answer.

Does anyone have an actual stats which say he is passing it forward less than previous? Because I dont see any real difference.

All I see is him submitting (not sure if thats the correct word) his final third creation more and more to Messi. His assists and final pass attemps are decreasing while Messi's seem to increase at a similar rate. Its not Xavi suddenly not being able to/not wanting to play final balls or forward balls, its about him being a selfless team player and doing what the team actually needs.

Barca's opponants realise that pressure high up the pitch is the best defence and he is needed to help play us out from the defensive third more than ever...far more than it was needed in 09 for example when teams defended us completely different.

The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Tue Jun 26, 2012 1:59 am

BhritanniaBhlue wrote:

Well to me, thats not smart football. Making a forward pass which you know wont make it, is just throwing away possession. And if your Spain, why would you want to do that?

Less possession means they have the ball more, if they have the ball more you have to defend more. If you have to defend more you get more tired, if you get tired your more likely to let in a goal. Its all linked.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Tue Jun 26, 2012 2:01 am

And Jibbers, I think your making a bigger deal than needed because Pep shouted at Xavi.

The reason he shouted at Xavi was because we was under pressure and his pass backwards didnt help us relieve pressure in that moment. Thats not Pep saying your being too negative all season long, thats him saying you made the wrong choice in that moment.

He has shouted at Dani Alves (vs Arsenal) because he did a similar thing when Arsenal were getting back into the game. And I dont think anyone would ever excuse of Dani Alves of not being ambitious enough in his play.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by MrDeeds Tue Jun 26, 2012 2:08 am

Pirlo is never shout-ed :coffee:

MrDeeds
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Tue Jun 26, 2012 2:23 am

Shouted at, is the correct term.

And no, he just been thrown out the entire club lol
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Tue Jun 26, 2012 2:26 am

The Franchise wrote:Shouted at, is the correct term.

Ouch.

But Dani last season is generally the only season that Xavi has been 'negative' for me. Another reason for that is becasue I thought teams started pressing Barcelona a lot more as well.
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Tue Jun 26, 2012 2:29 am

Well I still disagree, but fair enough I dont mind worthwhile opinions whether I agree or not.

The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by 7amood11 Tue Jun 26, 2012 2:43 am

Which happened to be a very stupid decision from the club lol
7amood11
7amood11
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Tue Jun 26, 2012 2:47 am

And?

Not that I agree. Pirlo wasnt playing like this for Milan, so it doesnt matter.

Perhaps 2-3 games a week is too much for him nowadays. He certaintly was playing like it was, so they got rid of him.

The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Sanchez Tue Jun 26, 2012 5:17 am

Zealous wrote:Xavi is a boring player, Pirlo is miles more fun to watch than him.

:facepalm: This comment isn't worth reading... :coffee:
Xavi just keeps to the game plan. Keep possession and find the gaps, which he has and its a shame that players like Fabregas and Torres don't convert otherwise this thread can easily can so easily... Boring football Spain play... My ass :coffee:, its strategic and gives a clear message to the oppositon, catch us if you can...
Im sick of this crap. Pirlo has been great so has Xavi. The fact people are claiming Pirlo is incomparable makes me think the world is going to end just through this tournament... He has had a good season with Juv though hasn't been incredible imo.
This thread is going nowhere if people can't compare players :coffee:
The Sanchez
The Sanchez
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by harhar11 Tue Jun 26, 2012 5:25 am

BarrileteCosmico wrote:Who at Spain is making runs for him to pass it to? Only Cesc. And he does it to Cesc, and has put him in scoring positions various times. If Cesc were more clinical or had a striker's instinct Xavi could have a couple assists by now. The problem is quite clearly a lack of options.

And that is proven by my sig..

harhar11
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by The Sanchez Tue Jun 26, 2012 5:28 am

I find that people forget about what Xavi offers than just boring football... Its just pure genuis and is enjoyable to observe :coffee:
The Sanchez
The Sanchez
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Swanhends Tue Jun 26, 2012 6:36 am

The Franchise wrote:
BhritanniaBhlue wrote:

Well to me, thats not smart football. Making a forward pass which you know wont make it, is just throwing away possession. And if your Spain, why would you want to do that?

Its not about making a pass you "know" you won't make, thats obviously stupid...Its about taking chances and playing passes that COULD work, but could also fail, you play the percentages and wait for the best opportunity, but you still have to take a risk sometime
Swanhends
Swanhends
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Tue Jun 26, 2012 7:15 am

But when you actually play football, you kinda know what passes are best and what arent. When your actually on the field.

Xabi Alonso gets the ball and tries a long over the top ball. You can see at times the chances of it working are low, but he does it anyway. I remember in the last game he tried one to Cesc, which literally had almost no chance of working. The ball landed like 10m in front of him (I assume on purpose) for Cesc to outrun Rami (never going to happen).

Instead of doing that pass, you could keep the ball and try and carve out and opening by building play and getting closer to the opponant box where the pass could be easier.

You say take some risk sometime, but you you can do that without needless giving it away as Xavi has proven over the course of his career.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by MrDeeds Tue Jun 26, 2012 7:09 pm

Thanks my friend, now let me get your facts straight.

First. Xavi: "Four years ago I was Barcelona's cancer; Rijkaard didn't believe in me"

He stayed in Barcelona because he knew nobody else would want him. Such a flop a player.

Second. Pirlo left Milan. Milan offered a 1 year contract that could keep going til 2050, but Pirlo preferred the 3 years deal Juventus was offering him.

SO, the legend that is Andrea Pirlo since 2002, never was "thrown out" of Milan, he left it. Xavi was Barca's utility player a.k.a trash. The end.

MrDeeds
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by The Sanchez Tue Jun 26, 2012 7:27 pm

MrDeeds wrote:

First. Xavi: "Four years ago I was Barcelona's cancer; Rijkaard didn't believe in me"

He stayed in Barcelona because he knew nobody else would want him. Such a flop a player.

Second. Pirlo left Milan. Milan offered a 1 year contract that could keep going til 2050, but Pirlo preferred the 3 years deal Juventus was offering him.

SO, the legend that is Andrea Pirlo since 2002, never was "thrown out" of Milan, he left it. Xavi was Barca's utility player a.k.a trash. The end.
2050? :facepalm:
Riijkard didn't play Xavi to his full potential but still Xavi still played well. Im pretty sure Pirlo wouldn't want to leave Milan to Juventus just becuase of a longer deal. As for Xavi, well your explanation is :facepalm:. He stayed in Barcelona because he thought Guardiola or a new coach would play to his strenghts. Clubs were offering deals for Xavi including Milan, Chelsea and even Manchester United so Im pretty sure no one thought he was what you call 'trash'. As it is today, this 'trash' is now the best midfielder in the world... :coffee:
The Sanchez
The Sanchez
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by MrDeeds Tue Jun 26, 2012 7:30 pm

paxtonpale wrote:
MrDeeds wrote:

Riijkard didn't play Xavi to his full potential but still Xavi still played well. Im pretty sure Pirlo wouldn't want to leave Milan to Juventus just becuase of a longer deal. As for Xavi, well your explanation is :facepalm:. He stayed in Barcelona because he thought Guardiola or a new coach would play to his strenghts. Clubs were offering deals for Xavi including Milan, Chelsea and even Manchester United so Im pretty sure no one thought he was what you call 'trash'. As it is today, this 'trash' is now the best midfielder in the world... :coffee:

It's not that Riijkard didn't play Xavi to his full potential, you are making it sound nice. Riijkard simply didn't use/like Xavi, as the rest of the world.

And your last statement is completely delusional. Even at his peak, Iniesta outshined him.

MrDeeds
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by The Sanchez Tue Jun 26, 2012 7:39 pm

MrDeeds wrote:
paxtonpale wrote:
MrDeeds wrote:

It's not that Riijkard didn't play Xavi to his full potential, you are making it sound nice. Riijkard simply didn't use/like Xavi, as the rest of the world.

And your last statement is completely delusional. Even at his peak, Iniesta outshined him.

At his peak in the days of Riijkard that is :coffee: Recently (10-12), well Xavi came third for two years in a row and even beat Ronaldo in UEFA Best Player in Europe last season. I can agree with you that Pirlo was better than Xavi at their peak of their careers but recently Xavi has been three times better than Pirlo simply because of the age of Pirlo though Xavi is quite old as well mainly because of Guardiola.
The Sanchez
The Sanchez
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by MrDeeds Tue Jun 26, 2012 7:44 pm

paxtonpale wrote:
MrDeeds wrote:
paxtonpale wrote:
MrDeeds wrote:

At his peak in the days of Riijkard that is :coffee: Recently (10-12), well Xavi came third for two years in a row and even beat Ronaldo in UEFA Best Player in Europe last season. I can agree with you that Pirlo was better than Xavi at their peak of their careers but recently Xavi has been three times better than Pirlo simply because of the age of Pirlo though Xavi is quite old as well mainly because of Guardiola.

Lmao, so for you, he was better than Sneijder at 2010? The delusion.
Xavi = media. He has it. He is the flag Spain media uses. For example, in Euro 2008, he won MVP unfairly because Senna was clearly the best of the tournament. In the WC he barely did something. Xavi's completely overrated IN IMPORTANT TOURNAMENTS, with the exception of matches against R.Madrid.
And Pirlo is one year older than Xavi and has been playing at top level since 02 :coffee:

Oh, and the peak of Riijkard in Barcelona was the Champions League. Guess what, he didn't play it.

MrDeeds
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by MrDeeds Tue Jun 26, 2012 7:59 pm

Pirlo assists ROBERTO BAGGIO

01-04-2001
04-2001

Pirlo, I mean, what kind of legend?

Xavi vs Pirlo - Page 10 Ed2305b7

MrDeeds