billy_gr
S32TABLANCA
che
Sushi Master
Albiceleste
32 posters

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

sport: Jordi Alba signing settled. - Page 2 Empty Re: sport: Jordi Alba signing settled.

Post by matpol Fri 9 Mar 2012 - 23:35

Saetablanca wrote:
matpol wrote:. Oleguer was bad but played 5 seasons in the first season Laughing

Whoever this Oleguer chap was, his time travel abilities :bow:

LOL, I'm too tired. Edited.

Will Ferrell is funny guy btw.

matpol
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

sport: Jordi Alba signing settled. - Page 2 Empty Re: sport: Jordi Alba signing settled.

Post by Le Samourai Fri 9 Mar 2012 - 23:35

Obviously Oleguer found a time travel portal embedded in someones tooth in his many travels with Dentists without borders. Laughing
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by billy_gr Fri 9 Mar 2012 - 23:42

Saetablanca wrote:
matpol wrote:. Oleguer was bad but played 5 seasons in the first season Laughing

Whoever this Oleguer chap was, his time travel abilities :bow:

I loled
billy_gr
billy_gr
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Albiceleste Sat 10 Mar 2012 - 1:43

Oleguer Laughing God awful player

Albiceleste
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Dinamo Zagreb

Back to top Go down

Post by Albiceleste Sat 10 Mar 2012 - 2:08

Renewal of Valencia left back Jordi Alba (22) will have clause allowing him to join Barcelona. Transfer could happen this summer. [md sport]

Albiceleste
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Dinamo Zagreb

Back to top Go down

Post by StevieRayVaughan Sat 10 Mar 2012 - 4:02

In my opinion, Filipe Luis > Alba. Alba by himself is a good player, the reason why he looks so good is because of the Alba/Mathiew combination which is brilliant. I doubt he wants to leave Valencia, because he wont be guranteed a starting place in Barcelona. I would imagine Abidal would be played as a LB to give a better balance to Barca.

-------------Valdes

-------Pique---Masch----Abidal

----Alves
-----------------Xavi----Busquets

-----------------Fabregas

---------Sanchez --------Messi---------Iniesta

This is how I see them playing next season. Alba would disrupt the balance of the team defensively.

StevieRayVaughan
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Southampton

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Wed 21 Mar 2012 - 19:00

Ona FM claims that he signed an pre-agreement to join Barcelona this summer or next.

With Abidal out, they need a new LB. Good player, the dynamic of the team will change a little since Abidal used to be employed as a LCB most of the times in a line of 3 while Alves was staying forward.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by guest7 Wed 21 Mar 2012 - 19:14

just glad they didnt buy filipe from atletico

a much better replacement for abidal

and valencia has lost all their ambition.. they're a selling club for all i care Mad
guest7
guest7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Wed 21 Mar 2012 - 19:19

Ambition gets thrown out the window when you have interest payments to see about. And knowing Valencia, they'll find another replacement who would be just as good as Alba.

They've done it before and would do it again...
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Adit Wed 21 Mar 2012 - 19:23

Alba is a diver and fits the Barca profile well.

He is really good imo,very good at going forward and good defensively too but he ist a Defensive rock like Abidal.
Adit
Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Borussia Mönchengladbach

http://www.realmadridfootballblog.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Wed 21 Mar 2012 - 19:23

They are idiots if they buy Alba, two attacking fullbacks in a 4 man defence has never worked and never will work......

Agreed with above posters that Filipe Luis would be a much better signing.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Wed 21 Mar 2012 - 19:27

Why are you doubting Pep? he already showed you that he can reinvent Barca at will
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Wed 21 Mar 2012 - 19:30

Eh? Ibra, Chgrynskiy were utter fails and Villa, Sanchez are being stifled to keep Messi happy and Cesc is just one massive fail who is the main reason Barca have dropped so many points.

I think its fair i question Pep's choices in the transfer market Laughing
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by guest7 Wed 21 Mar 2012 - 19:31

Pep has been a joke this season, not only trasnfer wise but tactical aswell, if they only win Copa Del Rey this season they have him to blame

Showing again he has a catalan bias, going for the la masia product (alba) over the better player (luis)
guest7
guest7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Wed 21 Mar 2012 - 19:35

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:Eh? Ibra, Chgrynskiy were utter fails and Villa, Sanchez are being stifled to keep Messi happy and Cesc is just one massive fail who is the main reason Barca have dropped so many points.

I think its fair i question Pep's choices in the transfer market Laughing

chygrinski is fail, but villa worked, and cesc as well is working. Sanchez in terms of fit works, he just isnt playing as well.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Wed 21 Mar 2012 - 19:35

Makes sense they would sign a player Jose screamed "Payaso" at half a dozen times when we played them Laughing
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Adit Wed 21 Mar 2012 - 19:35

Pep has been great this season tactically in big games.
Adit
Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Wed 21 Mar 2012 - 19:36

Se7en wrote:Pep has been a joke this season, not only trasnfer wise but tactical aswell, if they only win Copa Del Rey this season they have him to blame

Showing again he has a catalan bias, going for the la masia product (alba) over the better player (luis)

He is going for a player he wants. you are rating Luis as better, but what makes you think he rates him the same?
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Wed 21 Mar 2012 - 19:37

Pep rates Bojan higher than Ibra. :vagi:
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Wed 21 Mar 2012 - 19:41

Actually i thought of one way where this might work Laughing

Valdes
Pique Masch
Busquets

Alves--------------Alba
Xavi Iniesta
Messi
Villa Sanchez

And i emphasise the word might :lol!:

Last edited by Great Leader Sprucenuce on Wed 21 Mar 2012 - 19:46; edited 2 times in total
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by guest7 Wed 21 Mar 2012 - 19:43

Mr Nick09 wrote:
Se7en wrote:Pep has been a joke this season, not only trasnfer wise but tactical aswell, if they only win Copa Del Rey this season they have him to blame

He is going for a player he wants. you are rating Luis as better, but what makes you think he rates him the same?

it's true, but the ideal player for barca would be a defensive one similair to abidal, who can play as a CB/LB so they can be versatile tacticily.

it just looks like another fabregas kind of deal, not really the player that is needed, but he is catalan/the prodigal son of la masia so why not
guest7
guest7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Wed 21 Mar 2012 - 19:45

That's what i thought, i dot think it's impossible to play with two fullbacks that can go forward, as long as everyone does the work.

Although

Valdes
Pique Masch
Busquets

Alves--------------Alba
Xavi Iniesta
Cesc
Messi Villa

essentially a 343 with the wing backs, and no real DM. Xavi and Iniesta would have to work to protect the back four tho, you would get raped here and there but messi would still get his 50 Very Happy

Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Adit Wed 21 Mar 2012 - 19:46

They will struggle on air lol,only 2 players 180 above in that formation
Adit
Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Wed 21 Mar 2012 - 19:48

Busquets would have to do a Libero role :lol!:

Also i hate Cesc so i left him out :lol!:
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Wed 21 Mar 2012 - 19:49

Se7en wrote:
Mr Nick09 wrote:

it's true, but the ideal player for barca would be a defensive one similair to abidal, who can play as a CB/LB so they can be versatile tacticily.

it just looks like another fabregas kind of deal, not really the player that is needed, but he is catalan/the prodigal son of la masia so why not

Pep clearly went for Cesc because he planned for that 343. He didnt do it just for the sake of it, not to mention that he is one of the best midfielder in football. That wasnt an impulse buy just because he was catalan. I respect coaches who have a vision and try to execute it, as unconventional as it might be.

Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by che Wed 21 Mar 2012 - 19:55

Se7en wrote:just glad they didnt buy filipe from atletico

a much better replacement for abidal

and valencia has lost all their ambition.. they're a selling club for all i care Mad

sport: Jordi Alba signing settled. - Page 2 Tumblr_m0o4xq2PDL1qez20do2_500

no *bleep* shit we're a selling club, everyone has a price... anything more than 15 mil and i'll be perfectly happy, surely we can get a proper rb for that... plus with guardado lined up and considering our apparent interest in casado (rayo's first choice lb, free in the summer) selling jordi might very well fund our entire summer spending

plus there's the fact that he's become a giant douche in the last few months so yeah, good riddance
che
che
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Benfica

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next