Lex
LeVersacci
Patrick Bateman
56 posters

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Arsenal Vs Milan  - Page 4 Empty Re: Arsenal Vs Milan

Post by Arquitecto Tue Mar 06, 2012 10:32 pm

Surag wrote:Wonderful spirited perfomance from Arsenal.Kudos for them.

But i was really expecting something more from Arsenal's talisman Van Pesie though.For a guy who has literally carried Arsenal on his shoulders ,he dint deliver in one of Arsenal's biggest games and that i think was the only letdown today in what was a glittering perfomance from the Team.

Also this Milan side with this above average coach are simply not cl winning material.Semis is the most they can make this year provided they get an easy draw.

What does Allegri have to do with this?

Is it his fault Abate did not mark Koscielny for a give away goal? Or Silva not clearing a routine clearance?

His tactics were only off in the sense that we should not have played 4-3-3 along with his failure to prepare the proper mentality into our players pre-match.

Hence Deportivo.

Complacency has been his NUMBER 1 problem in matches that aren't of such high pressure as otherwise he was spot on in the 2nd half to change the formation and replace the players.

Our players must be blamed, not him.

And RvP was their best player has 80% of plays went through him with his stellar play making and well taken penalty.

How is he too blame?

Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Tue Mar 06, 2012 10:34 pm

Full credit to Arsenal for an amazing comeback attempt which just fell short. The first half, was literally as good as it could have realistically been.

But hats of to Milan because in the 2nd half, they dug in and played alot better and had chances themselves.

The game itself suffered in that there was many misplaced passes and individuals having horror shows (wont name them).

RVP not putting away that chance will haunt him, but credit Abiatti for a great save..probably redeemed himself because I think he will be dissapointed he didnt keep out Rosicky's.

Thiago Silva at fault there, bad left foot clearance..but taking that away, he was again excellent at the back.

Koscienly was fantastic, excellent mobility and heart. While undersized against Ibra, he did his upmost to make it as difficult as he could.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Dnmac4 Tue Mar 06, 2012 10:35 pm

It wasn't just Mesbah, the whole team played terrible. They looked like they were drugged. Ibra was worse then I have ever seen him before, the same goes for Silva, Robinho was alright I guess but not dangerous.

I mean Milan literally couldn't kick the ball in the net from half a yard out. I don't know what the hell they were doing.

While Arsenal were flying around 100 miles per hour. That game should have been 7 or 8-0. For what it's worth RVP was pretty far off his usual standards and if Ox doesn't pick up that injury Arsenal wins.

I mean it was like Milan were trying to lose or drugged or something. The lack of energy was astonishing especially Ibra. I just don't understand what they thought was going to happen? IT looked like Milan though Arsenal were just going to lie down for them.

Again, Milan got very lucky Ox picked up an Injury.

The next time Wenger leaves a healthy Ox out of the game should be the last game he manages.
Dnmac4
Dnmac4
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Tue Mar 06, 2012 10:37 pm

The Franchise wrote:Full credit to Arsenal for an amazing comeback attempt which just fell short. The first half, was literally as good as it could have realistically been.

But hats of to Milan because in the 2nd half, they dug in and played alot better and had chances themselves.

The game itself suffered in that there was many misplaced passes and individuals having horror shows (wont name them).

RVP not putting away that chance will haunt him, but credit Abiatti for a great save..probably redeemed himself because I think he will be dissapointed he didnt keep out Rosicky's.

Thiago Silva at fault there, bad left foot clearance..but taking that away, he was again excellent at the back.

Koscienly was fantastic, excellent mobility and heart. While undersized against Ibra, he did his upmost to make it as difficult as he could.

Spot on.

What a player Koscielny has become over a season. His n Vermaelen's partnership is getting better with each game
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Tue Mar 06, 2012 10:38 pm

dnmac4 wrote:It wasn't just Mesbah, the whole team played terrible. They looked like they were drugged. Ibra was worse then I have ever seen him before, the same goes for Silva, Robinho was alright I guess but not dangerous.

I mean Milan literally couldn't kick the ball in the net from half a yard out. I don't know what the hell they were doing.

While Arsenal were flying around 100 miles per hour. That game should have been 7 or 8-0. For what it's worth RVP was pretty far off his usual standards and if Ox doesn't pick up that injury Arsenal wins.

I mean it was like Milan were trying to lose or drugged or something. The lack of energy was astonishing especially Ibra. I just don't understand what they thought was going to happen? IT looked like Milan though Arsenal were just going to lie down for them.

Again, Milan got very lucky Ox picked up an Injury.

The next time Wenger leaves a healthy Ox out of the game should be the last game he manages.

+1

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Be/\/ceCALI Tue Mar 06, 2012 10:38 pm

Van Persie was good but by his standards he wasn't great today. He should've put his chance away imo. 9/10 times he buries that chance.

TBH, I think Rosicky was our best attacking player, at least in the first half.

We were playing with heart, drive, and determination in the first half. When we play our game and attack based on what we're capable of, we can outplay any team in football.

Either way, congrats to Milan for going through. Bad pitch or not, we blew it in the first leg and both teams had to play on the pitch, not just us.

Too bad the Lex thread got locked. I was laughing at Il Capitano brown-nosing Milan posters, and quoting posts just to add "BOOM! HEADSHOT!" ..how constructive Sleep It's cool, he probably got back to his counter-strike game by now
Be/\/ceCALI
Be/\/ceCALI
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Tue Mar 06, 2012 10:38 pm

Now we just have to wait and see when we'll see a fit again Ox

Hope the injury isn't anything too serious

Last edited by Lex on Tue Mar 06, 2012 10:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Valencia

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Tue Mar 06, 2012 10:39 pm

Arquitecto wrote:
Surag wrote:Wonderful spirited perfomance from Arsenal.Kudos for them.

But i was really expecting something more from Arsenal's talisman Van Pesie though.For a guy who has literally carried Arsenal on his shoulders ,he dint deliver in one of Arsenal's biggest games and that i think was the only letdown today in what was a glittering perfomance from the Team.

Also this Milan side with this above average coach are simply not cl winning material.Semis is the most they can make this year provided they get an easy draw.

And RvP was their best player has 80% of plays went through him with his stellar play making and well taken penalty.

How is he too blame?

He did great as a captain if he couldnt bring his best as a player. He is allowed to miss few sitters anyways Razz
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Tue Mar 06, 2012 10:44 pm

So why did Milan play so badly?

Simple. When you go into a game with a 4 goal advantage. Its quite a predicament and more than it seems.

Allegri (who's weakness is motivating) is not known for taking ALL games seriously as I can provide ample evidence.

Milan obviously did not know whether to absorb the pressure or attack full on.

When you don't have such a clear and distinct goal, there is confusion and lack of conviction in your play.

Hence Deportivo where the game was lost PURELY by mistakes as witnessed today.

Which is why Milan should not be judged as a team by their performance today in any spectrum.

Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Albiceleste Tue Mar 06, 2012 10:49 pm

Koscielnys always had the talent, I thought he was as good as wilshere vs Barca at the emirates last season.

Albiceleste
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Dinamo Zagreb

Back to top Go down

Post by Milan31 Tue Mar 06, 2012 10:49 pm

Arquitecto wrote:So why did Milan play so badly?

Simple. When you go into a game with a 4 goal advantage. Its quite a predicament and more than it seems.

Allegri (who's weakness is motivating) is not known for taking ALL games seriously as I can provide ample evidence.

When you don't have such a clear and distinct goal, there is confusion and lack of conviction in your play.

Which is why Milan should not be judged as a team by their performance today in any spectrum.

+1
Milan31
Milan31
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Be/\/ceCALI Tue Mar 06, 2012 10:50 pm

Albiceleste wrote:Koscielnys always had the talent, I thought he was as good as wilshere vs Barca at the emirates last season.

Agreed. Koscielny has become one of our best players and most consistent performers. He did extremely well handling Messi in that game.
Be/\/ceCALI
Be/\/ceCALI
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Tue Mar 06, 2012 10:54 pm

Indeed, to me, this game doesnt make me view Milan as any less dangerous. As I said in the other thread, this wasnt a reflection on their quality, but their mentality.

Still dont want to face them later on in this competition.

The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dnmac4 Tue Mar 06, 2012 10:55 pm

I'm by no mean judging Milan as a whole by todays performance and what your saying plays into what happened today but there was something else that you just can't quite put your finger on. It was almost a total lack of energy or caring what the outcome was.

Even when they won they didn't seem to be very happy or even relieved it was over they were just kind of walking around.

I mean don't get me wrong Arsenal played great in the first half but they were tired as hell in the second half and by no means did they put in a killer defensive performance. Milan on any other day scores at least one goal in that game. But this game again I don't know how to say it other then they looked like someone put sleeping pills in there gatorade. They were so lethargic it was incredible, I've never seen anything like it before.
Dnmac4
Dnmac4
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Tue Mar 06, 2012 11:03 pm

dnmac4 wrote:

I'm by no mean judging Milan as a whole by todays performance and what your saying plays into what happened today but there was something else that you just can't quite put your finger on. It was almost a total lack of energy or caring what the outcome was.

Even when they won they didn't seem to be very happy or even relieved it was over they were just kind of walking around.

I mean don't get me wrong Arsenal played great in the first half but they were tired as hell in the second half and by no means did they put in a killer defensive performance. Milan on any other day scores at least one goal in that game. But this game again I don't know how to say it other then they looked like someone put sleeping pills in there gatorade. They were so lethargic it was incredible, I've never seen anything like it before.

Well said Mac.

I'll give you examples on matches since Allegri has came in which our team has been too complacent.

Last year with Ajax winning 2-0 at the San Siro in the final match in the group stage even though we were through already.

Last year when Milan pretty much had the Scudetto in the bag while Allegri disappointingly did not instill the "winning mentality" for those matches despite our solid mentality throughout the season.

Same situation as the Ajax match this year except with Plznen tying 2-2 in the final match through more complacency and mistakes.

It simply means that Allegri's sophisticated tactics are very good, but he does a poor job of motivating and instilling the "correct" mentality for these types of situations.

I actually predicted something close to this as so did other sharper Milan fans.

Which is why Ibra was incredibly complacent and indifferent today as he faced the same lack of game plan sitting on a 4 goal advantage. These types of situations have been well-documented as pre match preparation in MENTALITY is the KEY basis in having a good result. If not, their will be lethargy and goals will flow mostly through unprecedented mistakes.

I know you are a fan of Ibra (are you?) as he has been superb this week with his MOTM performance against Palermo and Croatia.

But this also does not reflect upon him as as although he was actually quite solid in sorts since he intelligently dropped deep and created many plays.

But luckily, our team woke up in the 2nd half.

Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by FennecFox7 Tue Mar 06, 2012 11:04 pm

*bleep* off tom and intermalia, that was his first champions league game and he had one bad game so far..
FennecFox7
FennecFox7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Tue Mar 06, 2012 11:05 pm

Giggity5313 wrote:*bleep* off tom and intermalia, that was his first champions league game and he had one bad game so far..

I was waiting for your response.

I'm not at all disappointed with Mesbah since for the first time in my life I wanted Antonini to start solely because of his experience in the CL and Mesbah's lack thereof.

He cannot be blamed for choking in such a new situation.

Also, he was solid in the 2nd half.

Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Tue Mar 06, 2012 11:07 pm

Milan looked like they were turning up to a training session. The game after half time is the way it should have been tbh.
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Tue Mar 06, 2012 11:07 pm

Really Really wanna see Benz against Thiago Silva.I'm craving it lol.
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Tue Mar 06, 2012 11:10 pm

Jivi :vagi: he was expecting a Milan victory tonight
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Valencia

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Tue Mar 06, 2012 11:11 pm

jibers wrote:Milan looked like they were turning up to a training session. The game after half time is the way it should have been tbh.

Ibra will score 5 tonight :llucas:
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Tue Mar 06, 2012 11:12 pm

Mesbah defensively wasnt that bad. He gave away a pen, but that side, wasnt horrible by any mean.

I felt Van Bommell did a poor job in front of the defence, and got caught on the ball many times. Emanuelson positionally was okay, but he gave the ball away in bad positions too much.

Mesbah can be blamed for the penalty and horrible passing (50% at the time he was subbed) but other than that, he didnt stand out as that bad really.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Tue Mar 06, 2012 11:14 pm

dnmac4 wrote

Well said Mac.

I'll give you examples on matches since Allegri has came in which our team has been too complacent.

Last year with Ajax winning 2-0 at the San Siro in the final match in the group stage even though we were through already.

Last year when Milan pretty much had the Scudetto in the bag while Allegri disappointingly did not instill the "winning mentality" for those matches despite our solid mentality throughout the season.

Same situation as the Ajax match this year except with Plznen tying 2-2 in the final match through more complacency and mistakes.

It simply means that Allegri's sophisticated tactics are very good, but he does a poor job of motivating and instilling the "correct" mentality for these types of situations.

I actually predicted something close to this as so did other sharper Milan fans.

Which is why Ibra was incredibly complacent and indifferent today as he faced the same lack of game plan sitting on a 4 goal advantage. These types of situations have been well-documented as pre match preparation in MENTALITY is the KEY basis in having a good result. If not, their will be lethargy and goals will flow mostly through unprecedented mistakes.

I know you are a fan of Ibra (are you?) as he has been superb this week with his MOTM performance against Palermo and Croatia.

But this also does not reflect upon him as as although he was actually quite solid in sorts since he intelligently dropped deep and created many plays.

Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Tue Mar 06, 2012 11:21 pm

RealGunner wrote:
jibers wrote:Milan looked like they were turning up to a training session. The game after half time is the way it should have been tbh.

Ibra will score 5 tonight :llucas:

:vagi:
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by KMD Tue Mar 06, 2012 11:23 pm

what a game, i ain't even mad at rvp for missing that chance!

but to be fair, our guys chickened out the 2nd half, horrible plays, horrible passes.
KMD
KMD
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Dnmac4 Tue Mar 06, 2012 11:31 pm

Arquitecto wrote:
dnmac4 wrote:

Well said Mac.

Yes, big Ibra fan. My whole mom's side of the family is Swedish so I've always rooted for Sweden.
Dnmac4
Dnmac4
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next