Forza
la bestia negra
che
rwo power
Divine Intervention
55 posters

Page 3 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

Napoli to win Champions League - Page 3 Empty Re: Napoli to win Champions League

Post by Zealous Tue Mar 06, 2012 2:51 pm

The CSKA game wasn't played under normal conditions. Even then we were cruising for most of the match.

Madrid's home form is what will carry them in Europe this season. Just like it did last season.

Except if they play Barcelona. Then it'll come down to the score in the Nou Camp game.

Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Napoli to win Champions League - Page 3 Empty Re: Napoli to win Champions League

Post by BarcaLearning Tue Mar 06, 2012 2:58 pm

If Barca werent around, I would love to see NApoli win it, especially when I playfully placed a bet on them way back, odds with amazing Very Happy

There are too many better teams around though... and not sure about many thinking Milan, surely Real are better than Milan?
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Tue Mar 06, 2012 3:11 pm

Milan are quite good I can see them knocking Barca out if they came face to face again.
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by zizzle Tue Mar 06, 2012 3:11 pm

Napoli Milan Final. That should creame my serie a underpants
zizzle
zizzle
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by S Tue Mar 06, 2012 3:18 pm

I really think Napoli are better than Milan ,i really do.

But the thing is most of their players have tasted Champions League experience for the first time whereas Milan have experience and players who have been there done that albeit not as good at present.

Milan are good but not as good as people on here make them out to be.I dont think they have what it takes to win the Champions League this year.Wouldnt be surprised by a QF exit to be brutally honest.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Tue Mar 06, 2012 3:25 pm

Milan reaching the final wouldn't surprise me if they get a decent draw. They're a different team in Europe and Allegri has them well drilled enough to reach the latter stages.
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Tue Mar 06, 2012 3:41 pm

Napoli have earned the right to be considered dark horses in this competition, with only Madrid and Barca ahead of them right now. The Three Tenors are just as dangerous as both their attack lines.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Tue Mar 06, 2012 3:45 pm

I'd argue that they are a close second after Madrid in terms of strike force.

Barca's strengths are elsewhere on the pitch.
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Mar 06, 2012 3:48 pm

yea guys, i thought napoli pulled off some amazing result no one had expected. also they beat all big teams in serie a with exception to juve. though without either cavani, lavezzi or hamsik either from injury or off form, they cant produce result so in that respect, those 3 cavani lavezzi especially and hamsik has raised their game.

their unsong heroes are inler, gargano, cannavaro *he deserves call up in azzurri. i think they are just fine, they need to keep this momentum next season they will be just one of the best in europe. they are pretty good atm but they suffer a lot in serie a they understandably has put lot of focus in CL .

on milan, divine intervention, u say milan are mediocre at best lol ofcourse because we have lot of first team players injured, and reserves are stepping up the game atm, actually they have done admirable jobs. we have even reserves players getting injured, and making emergency purchases in january. that u should be aware of lol

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Mar 06, 2012 3:49 pm

Zealous wrote:I'd argue that they are a close second after Madrid in terms of strike force.

Barca's strengths are elsewhere on the pitch.

yea one of the best counterattacking side with madrid.

very unltalian, udinese as well.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Mar 06, 2012 3:52 pm

Surag wrote:I really think Napoli are better than Milan ,i really do.

But the thing is most of their players have tasted Champions League experience for the first time whereas Milan have experience and players who have been there done that albeit not as good at present.

Milan are good but not as good as people on here make them out to be.I dont think they have what it takes to win the Champions League this year.Wouldnt be surprised by a QF exit to be brutally honest.

Thumbs up lol i get it....

we arent good enough :bow:

Back to top Go down

Post by Babun Tue Mar 06, 2012 4:15 pm

I like Napoli no homo. If they win the competition I've got no complaints but we have a word to say (Real Madrid) eco smile
Babun
Babun
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by S Tue Mar 06, 2012 4:21 pm

You cant really call Napoli's style of play as Un-Italian as if we've noticed in big games they've absolutely parked the plane in front of goal and then hit teams on the break.That is basically what Inter did to Barca two years ago.

Udinese's style is a bit different though.Their heavy pressing quick passing counter attacking style which somewhat mirrors Monchengladbach makes the most Un-Italian team in the league imo.They would be really pleasing to watch if only they had more quality in attack than just Di Natale.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Tue Mar 06, 2012 4:32 pm

Napoli better than Milan Laughing

Yeah that's why they are 1st in Serie A Rolling Eyes
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by S Tue Mar 06, 2012 4:43 pm

Yes i do believe they have a better starting eleven than Milan atleast on paper.

League standings are irrelevant in this argument anyways as on their day when everyone's fit and on form ,Napoli will be too much for Milan.

If Milan win this year's Champions League ,i would see this as the season where other top quality teams have grossly underachieved.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Tue Mar 06, 2012 4:47 pm

I dunno Surag, I think Milan are more than a match for Napoli irregardless of the competition.

When the two meet next in the league, it could be a close run thing and should they meet in the CL, the same can be expected, but I don't think Milan are overtly too much for them in any way.

McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by S Tue Mar 06, 2012 4:56 pm

I went a bit over the top with that 'too much' comment.But i stand by my earlier comment.Napoli have the best starting eleven in Italy.Well and Truly believe that.

They have been very inconsistent in the league and i think they've underachieved this season.Multiple competitions(making Cl appearance after a long time) have taken a toll on them and neither they possess the ridiculous amount of Depth that Milan do.

I just responded to Dragan's comment as for me league standings are irrelevant in this case while comparing their respective squads.

They are just a couple of defenders away from competing for the Scudetto and CL every season.

Last edited by Surag on Tue Mar 06, 2012 4:58 pm; edited 1 time in total
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by hrealmadrid Tue Mar 06, 2012 4:57 pm

If Napoli and Milan meet in the CL it would be EPIC
hrealmadrid
hrealmadrid
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Spencer Tue Mar 06, 2012 5:06 pm

I would really hate to face Napoli to be honest. Their style is counteract to our own.

That being said, Napoli are a capable team that should rightly not be underestimated. While their forwards get all the headlines, their whole starting 11 are quality player.
Lord Spencer
Lord Spencer
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Hades Tue Mar 06, 2012 5:15 pm

napoli remind of a story i read recently - about a man who likened the world to a rattrap.. same for napoli

just like the rat trap baits rats with pork and cheese inviting them to bite on that and then trapping them, the same way napoli project that illusion that they are easily beatable and invite teams onto them. when they take the bait, they are punished
Lord Hades
Lord Hades
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Mar 06, 2012 5:17 pm

Surag wrote:Yes i do believe they have a better starting eleven than Milan atleast on paper.

League standings are irrelevant in this argument anyways as on their day when everyone's fit and on form ,Napoli will be too much for Milan.

If Milan win this year's Champions League ,i would see this as the season where other top quality teams have grossly underachieved.

pretty laughable

i understand why this idea is coming from...

Back to top Go down

Post by Nomad Tue Mar 06, 2012 5:22 pm

Napoli is not better than Milan in any department. Napoli's main strength lies in their attacking trio, which Milan can easily match with the likes of Ibra, Robinho and the Duck. Midfield and Defense; Milan wins hands down.

Having said that, Napoli, as someone mentioned earlier, have earned the right of being the dark horses in this season's CL. I really would like them to go all the way.

I hope all the three Italian teams go through to the quarters and from there avoid each other, that is unless circumstance forces them into a direct clash between them, for example in the case of all the three making it to the semis.

Forza Napoli, forza Serie A :mental:

Last edited by Nomad on Tue Mar 06, 2012 5:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
Nomad
Nomad
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Mar 06, 2012 5:23 pm

its better if milan dont get credit too much. milan dont get credit in media, opinion on neutrals are divided. and yes rival calls us as mediocre so its better off that way.

allegri has already said milan is still yet to reach the level of real madrid and barcelona, and if possible we have made ourselves of winning champions league within the timeframe of 2 years.

its hard to achieve this because i dont underestimate any opponent in CL.

thats why barca and real madrid will always be favourites to win this competition.

Napoli are good but eventually they have to meet barca or real madrid which i think will be too much for them. also for milan.

on good one im happy that serie a teams are doing well, im counting on inter as well to do well against marseille.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Mar 06, 2012 5:27 pm

Nomad wrote:Napoli is not better than Milan in any department. Napoli's main strength lies in their attacking trio, which Milan can easily match with the likes of Ibra, Robinho and the Duck. Midfield and Defense; Milan wins hands down.

Having said that, Napoli, as someone mentioned earlier, have earned the right of being the dark horses in this season's CL. I really would like them to go all the way.

I hope for all the three Italian teams to go through to the quarters and from there avoid each other, that unless circumstance forces them into a direct clash between them, for example in the case of all the three making it to the semis.

thanks for admiration but i have to admit though that napoli midfield is a bit stronger than us as a unit... guys like inler and gargano pretty underrated and amazing with respect to nocerino and van bommel who are great individual players. our strength is forwards and CBs... and abate, we still dont have good fullbacks with exception to him.

napoli&s biggest strength is their supporters, the way napoli team channels those motivation through the crowd is amazing. its like napoli has far more mental and psychological advantage than milan. in that respect, they are way better than us. they play with grit and determination, thats what makes them a step ahead of others...

Back to top Go down

Post by Nomad Tue Mar 06, 2012 5:43 pm

JespSwe wrote:
Nomad wrote:Napoli is not better than Milan in any department. Napoli's main strength lies in their attacking trio, which Milan can easily match with the likes of Ibra, Robinho and the Duck. Midfield and Defense; Milan wins hands down.

I hope for all the three Italian teams to go through to the quarters and from there avoid each other, that unless circumstance forces them into a direct clash between them, for example in the case of all the three making it to the semis.

thanks for admiration but i have to admit though that napoli midfield is a bit stronger than us as a unit... guys like inler and gargano pretty underrated and amazing with respect to nocerino and van bommel who are great individual players. our strength is forwards and CBs... and abate, we still dont have good fullbacks with exception to him.

napoli&s biggest strength is their supporters, the way napoli team channels those motivation through the crowd is amazing. its like napoli has far more mental and psychological advantage than milan. in that respect, they are way better than us. they play with grit and determination, thats what makes them a step ahead of others...

I agree with you on Napoli's supporters being crucial to their success, they really push their team to perform to their best. They are their 12th man, as journos would put it. Amazing fans.

Again, I agree with you on Napoli being a team that defends as a unit, and Milan having some pretty average fullbacks( Well, Abate is above average at best). However, department wise, Milan's defense is better than Napoli's.

In the midfield, although Milan no longer boast of the elegent, creative and crafty midfielders they were once synonymous with, they do have an entirely different kind of midfield really suits their new style of play. The likes of Boateng, Nocerino( how I regret Juve threw him away as a deal sweetener to get Amauri of all people :facepalm: ) and Emanuelson are machines who can run all day and in the case of first two, possess some wicked ability to shoot from distance and being accurate at that.
Nomad
Nomad
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Mar 06, 2012 5:51 pm

Nomad wrote:
JespSwe wrote:

I agree with you on Napoli's supporters being crucial to their success, they really push their team to perform to their best. They are their 12th man, as journos would put it. Amazing fans.

Again, I agree with you on Napoli being a team that defends as a unit, and Milan having some pretty average fullbacks( Well, Abate is above average at best). However, department wise, Milan's defense is better than Napoli's.

In the midfield, although Milan no longer boast of the elegent, creative and crafty midfielders they were once synonymous with, they do have an entirely different kind of midfield really suits their new style of play. The likes of Boateng, Nocerino( how I regret Juve threw him away as a deal sweetener to get Amauri of all people :facepalm: ) and Emanuelson are machines who can run all day and in the case of first two, possess some wicked ability to shoot from distance and being accurate at that.

ur exactly right, our philosophy has changed. before we had hordes of technical geniuses in pirlo seedorf rui costa kaka and now we have like midfield with defensive qualities and work rate. i think thats why sometimes we milan fail because will they ensure some kind of safety but they cant provide, hence the forwards fail horribly. as shown against spurs, against juve.

so our forwards have to do solo work. napoli is all about team work, those 3 tridents working perfectly while never neglecting team duty of defending, even lavezzi hamsik and cavani defends. something ibra robinho pato doesnt do.

lol at nocerino i actually am shocked how milan pulled this deal off. well i guess one club loss is another one gain, just like pirlo. he has found new motivation and hunger there. well galliani and allegri says its technical decision to let pirlo go but its obvious they are lying, they are regretting this.

also u guys got good player in matri who i think if he were to be in milan now would do admirably well.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next