:{Mr.Mustachio!
DV7
messixaviesta
Albiceleste
Khaled
62 posters

Page 9 of 19 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 14 ... 19  Next

Go down

"El Niño Maravilla":  Alexis Sanchez  - Page 9 Empty Re: "El Niño Maravilla": Alexis Sanchez

Post by free_cat Wed Jan 16, 2013 3:44 pm

danyjr wrote:You can change the name of this thread to "El niño mísero" Laughing

El niño pesadilla sounds better. Very Happy

I feel bad for the guy though. His motivation and energy is commendable though.

free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

"El Niño Maravilla":  Alexis Sanchez  - Page 9 Empty Re: "El Niño Maravilla": Alexis Sanchez

Post by The Franchise Wed Jan 16, 2013 7:11 pm

Like Free, I just feel bad for him. Im not even angry.

He tries, there is nothing wrong with his desire..but he totally devoid of confidence both with the ball and in front of goal.

Right now, I dont expect him to come good later on.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by alexjanosik Wed Jan 16, 2013 10:11 pm

His diving is getting really irritating now.Has the chance to score or set up a player but he chooses to dive.
The less said about his finishing the better.Close on the heels of Ibra as our worst transfer in recent years.

alexjanosik
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Wed Jan 16, 2013 10:59 pm

Agreed with those who feel bad about him.

I can't even defend it anymore. He's awful. And he tries so hard and it's commendable but he just isn't cut out for us. Let's cut our losses and sell him to whoever wants him.
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by windkick Wed Jan 16, 2013 11:03 pm

Ridiculous. At this point I'd be all for selling Alexis and promoting Deulofeu or Cuenca

And oh my god the diving. On top of his form, he is still running around flopping at every chance. It's embarrassing :facepalm:
windkick
windkick
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by messixaviesta Thu Jan 17, 2013 9:45 am

Its quite clear that he has very little chance of starting for us in any big game. We will very likely play four midfielders. Even if we decide to play an extra forward, David Villa should and hopefully will be picked ahead of him. Its also likely that he will be sold this summer which might just be best for all concerned.

messixaviesta
First Team
First Team

http://twitter.com/messixaviesta , http://footballbydeepak.blogs

Back to top Go down

Post by eelir Thu Jan 17, 2013 10:44 am

The kid is a fighter, and i might have formed a different opinion on him if he would not dive so much.

However, when I think about it, who else is scoring from our wingers or attackers, bar Vila, who clearly is struggling to get on 100%? Pedro is almost the same as Sanchez, but he does not dive so much, and I have seen him change games.

Another interesting thing is, as soon as he starts scoring he gets injured. Mark my words, next time he score consistently in 3-5 games he is going to get a 2-4 weeks injury.
eelir
eelir
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Thu Jan 17, 2013 4:36 pm

Yes, he has also had some bad luck.

When he actually played well for a run of games, got hurt for a month.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by eelir Sun Feb 24, 2013 4:27 am

I would give hime away for free just so i don't see him on the pitch. I would put any Barca academy player in his place and i am sure they would produce something. He is totally useless. I love his spirit, but clearly he is not for Barca. He could probably be a star in other team with the effort he puts.
eelir
eelir
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by FennecFox7 Sun Feb 24, 2013 9:38 am

In his first season he wasn't that bad.. this leads me to believe pep was a big influence in his play that year.
FennecFox7
FennecFox7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Sun Feb 24, 2013 10:04 am

His "taking on players" yesterday was hilarious to watch.

"Wait with the ball infront of the defender ... wait ... wait ... wait a bit more ... hmmm ... he's not disappearing, ok ... backpass."

Proud

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Effzeh Kölle

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Sun Feb 24, 2013 10:19 am

Pretty unfair comments. He actually did decent in his 45 minutes. Very lively and did actually go past players.

Once or twice he didnt attack in the 1 v 1, but he was better than both Villa and Messi in the first half. Something which goes completely ignored.

The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by eelir Sun Feb 24, 2013 10:33 am

Something i cant ignore is his price tag.
eelir
eelir
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Sun Feb 24, 2013 10:35 am

Well thats gone now, why waste your time.

He has no control over how much he costs, he can only go out and play the game.

And it seems, he never really gets a fair sake of things. He hardly did anything wrong.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Sun Feb 24, 2013 5:30 pm

I noticed he was switching positions with Messi relatively often, possible practice for a match against Milan? It didn't seem very effective.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaKizz Sun Feb 24, 2013 5:45 pm

I dunno that he was better than Messi or Villa.

Messi wasn't up to normal standard and I think he is going through his regular downturn based on fatigue. He will improve but is still scoring. He was still better than Alexis and looked like creating things with Iniesta.

Villa was decent first half, and I feel he just fits better. Alexis wasn't good again IMO and I don't think you can say he's not getting a fair go now because he is being given chances which others are more worthy of. Tello must play instead, as should Villa.
BarcaKizz
BarcaKizz
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Mon Feb 25, 2013 7:34 am

Well Villa did nothing with the ball, he gave it way under no pressure on one occassion I recall. His movement was good however. In the first half in fact, I doubt you can name one thing Villa did with the ball.

Messi was by a distance our worse player, barely completed any passes, gave the ball away, every pass he made forward failed minus 1 and didnt do any of the intangibles he expects of everyone else.

Alexis gave him a ball to do a 1-2, Messi refused to give it back, instead trying to keep the ball and turn, got the ball taken from him.

Alexis on the other hand went past a man on 3 occassions, pressed and won the ball twice and hardly gave it away.

I dont think people judge him on the same standards as other players, why I dont know.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaKizz Tue Feb 26, 2013 4:55 am

Alexis just doesn't do what I want from the wide player. He struggles to really stretch the play, he rarely gets the fullback to go beyond him, he can't get to the byline and cut it back, and he's not really a threat cutting inside onto a shooting foot because he can't dribble. Tello can do all of these things, even if he gives the ball away more. Alexis still manages to lose the ball pointlessly anyway.

Villa has done more in his time on the field than Alexis as well. Not just referring to the last match.
BarcaKizz
BarcaKizz
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Tue Feb 26, 2013 7:21 am

Well I agree with all that, but I only go one game at a time..and last game, he did decent, at least in comparison to the comments he is getting here.

For him, playing okay gets put in the "crap" pile of games..while with everyone else, it was merely okay.

The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by billy_gr Tue Feb 26, 2013 7:59 am

thing is you expect from a 35m player to be more than ok
billy_gr
billy_gr
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Tue Feb 26, 2013 8:05 am

As I said, he cant control how much he is worth. I am long past how much he cost, its irrelevant now.

He can only control how he plays game to game and when I watch players play I dont care if they cost 100m or cost 1m, I am judging them the same and whoever did well did well and whoever didnt, did not.

The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by billy_gr Tue Feb 26, 2013 8:10 am

still you must take account the people's expectation when judging...
It's not like we would have raged over someone like Maxwell for example (who actually did fine for us). But when this kid is advertised as the pride of Serie A, the wonderkid from Chile and we spend 35+ milions to get him, automatically expectations are higher for him
billy_gr
billy_gr
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Tue Feb 26, 2013 8:15 am

Well yeah I understand it, but I think its quite stupid.

Not expecting more from him...but how one judges him.

It dont matter if he cost 100 or 1, performance is performance. If you say afterwards, I expect more...thats fine...if you say, he was crap and shouldnt ever play because he cost 35m...that makes no sense.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by billy_gr Tue Feb 26, 2013 8:50 am

No I agree. The criticism should be done entirely based on what he does in the pitch.
It’s just easier to criticize someone who was supposed to improve your already almost perfect team and he failed to deliver
billy_gr
billy_gr
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by LeBéninois Wed Feb 27, 2013 11:30 am

billy_gr wrote:No I agree. The criticism should be done entirely based on what he does in the pitch.
It’s just easier to criticize someone who was supposed to improve your already almost perfect team and he failed to deliver

It's true that he didn't deliver as expected by some ( including me even i was optimistic after all ) . I remember how Henry was considered as a flop after his first season by some : he was just a scapegoat back then. ¸
Alexis should be sold, better for everyone . Hope he goes to liverpool
LeBéninois
LeBéninois
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Donuts Fri Mar 01, 2013 8:45 pm

Rumor is Manchester City might spend 30m on Alexis Sanchez, Juventos and Liverpool have also been rumored to want the winger.
Donuts
Donuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 19 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 14 ... 19  Next