Interesting story about Barcelona I heard

+4
BarcaKizz
CBarca
BarrileteCosmico
jibers
8 posters

Go down

Interesting story about Barcelona I heard  Empty Interesting story about Barcelona I heard

Post by jibers Wed Feb 22, 2012 1:08 am

I met a guy who used to play for Aston Villa in my gym. He never made it into the first team and was only ever good enough to make the reserves because He wasn't good enough. He has long since quit. We got on to discussing about football and eventually we started talking about Barcelona. I asked him what was his opinion of them from his perspective as a former footballer, and he was like...."they are from another planet...".

He then went on to tell me the story of when he played Barcelona's u-14 team under the Rijkaard era. Not sure whether he was in the reserves or the u-18 team but either you would think it was a mismatch. He said that they couldn't get the ball and it was like a training session for them, and he had never run soo much in his life. That these u-14 kids were doing one touches, controlling the ball with their chests as if it was nothing. and made the Villa players look like amateurs. He said he must have lost at least a stone in the game.

Villa won the game 1-0, scored when a freekick resulted in a scrappy tap in. He said that after the game non of them celbrated as they all knew that in his words, they had been taught a footballing lesson. He said that they played exactly the same way as they do now. Just thought I would share.
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Interesting story about Barcelona I heard  Empty Re: Interesting story about Barcelona I heard

Post by BarrileteCosmico Wed Feb 22, 2012 1:17 am

Interesting story, thanks for sharing.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Interesting story about Barcelona I heard  Empty Re: Interesting story about Barcelona I heard

Post by CBarca Wed Feb 22, 2012 1:56 am

Yes, thank you for sharing.

Boy, what an experience it would be to play a Barcelona team, I've dreamed about that...
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Wed Feb 22, 2012 2:02 am

Another thing he did sya that is he could undertsnd why Madrid always fould them. He said he felt like taking off their legs. Imagine how Madrid must have felt during the manita? He said he fully undertsnads it and that your head just goes and you get angry.
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaKizz Wed Feb 22, 2012 3:14 am

Top story jibs, really awesome. Thanks for sharing. 14s vsing 18 year olds, crazy.
BarcaKizz
BarcaKizz
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Wed Feb 22, 2012 8:38 am

Oh, if U-something teams count, I played vs. Barcelona when I was a kid.
I was 12-13 (15 years ago) and we played vs. a Barcelona team 1-2 years junior. They beat us something like 12-1 and we didn't sniff the ball, but as all of us were barça fans we were happy anyway. I talked about it to a friend the other day, and he says we didn't score any, but I think we did, not sure though.
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Wed Feb 22, 2012 12:29 pm

Any players we might know play that day Free?
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Wed Feb 22, 2012 12:38 pm

I don't know the names of the guys we played against, but probably none of them reached Barça first team. They would be around 25 now. The only one that fits in that age is Iniesta and I very much doubt he was playing.
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Wed Feb 22, 2012 12:49 pm

Makes sense. It tells you something though, likely none of them made it to Barca first team and they were still that dominate.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by harhar11 Wed Feb 22, 2012 3:18 pm

jibers wrote:Another thing he did sya that is he could undertsnd why Madrid always fould them. He said he felt like taking off their legs. Imagine how Madrid must have felt during the manita? He said he fully undertsnads it and that your head just goes and you get angry.

But that also encourage the barca player to go down easier.

harhar11
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaLearning Wed Feb 22, 2012 4:40 pm

Hah, thats cool if its true...
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum