Mike Owen speaking the truth, FINALLY!!!

+5
serieAkings
Arquitecto
BarcaLearning
Le Samourai
Dnmac4
9 posters

Go down

Mike Owen speaking the truth, FINALLY!!! Empty Mike Owen speaking the truth, FINALLY!!!

Post by Dnmac4 Sun Jan 29, 2012 3:35 pm

Finally someone in Europe making sense when speaking about De Gea. How anyone could blame the loss on him yesterday is astonishing especially the second goal. I've been basically saying the same thing Owen did for the last couple months as I have never seen a witch hunt on one player reach the levels of what EPL fans and commentators are doing to De Gea. I mean he's made mistakes but all in all he's having a pretty good season especially when Fergie has a different back line playing in front of him every game.

His comments are below. And it's good to see someone FINALLY stick up for him. Maybe SAF should try it.

"One comment on yesterdays game. Don't agree with all this negativity towards De Gea," the forward wrote on his Twitter.

"Admittedly he has made a couple of mistakes this season but listening to some people you would think he had a nightmare yesterday.

"I'm not having either goal was his fault. The problem is, once you get labelled, mud sticks and now any tiny mistake is magnified. Other keepers make similar mistakes and nothing gets said.

"The ball was on the six yard box for the first goal. He has to go for it. He also needs to watch the flight of the ball. There is then six players in front of him. There is nothing he could do. The free header was the problem, not the keeper.

"He couldn't do much with the second goal either. Is the problem not just a case of us not winning the first ball and not picking up a runner?

"In my opinion two bad goals to give away but to blame everything on the keeper is totally wrong. The lad will be a top keeper, he is only young. Harsh to blame him for everything."

Dnmac4
Dnmac4
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Mike Owen speaking the truth, FINALLY!!! Empty Re: Mike Owen speaking the truth, FINALLY!!!

Post by Le Samourai Sun Jan 29, 2012 3:42 pm

He looked unbelievably shaky Yesterday though.
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Mike Owen speaking the truth, FINALLY!!! Empty Re: Mike Owen speaking the truth, FINALLY!!!

Post by BarcaLearning Sun Jan 29, 2012 4:08 pm

Owen.... actually is all MAn U now, used to love him, not anymore! Betrayal to Liverpool!
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Dnmac4 Sun Jan 29, 2012 4:21 pm

BarcaLearning wrote:Owen.... actually is all MAn U now, used to love him, not anymore! Betrayal to Liverpool!

Well it's about time someone associated with Man U's organization stood up for him. I mean he wasn't great yesterday but neither goal was his fault.

I actually find it astonishing that anyone would even hint that he had anything to do with the second goal. I mean they must not have seen it.
Dnmac4
Dnmac4
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Sun Jan 29, 2012 6:08 pm

De Gea is simply a scapegoat for United's troubles. The english media love to pick on young and innocent looking prospectus who are highly rated outside England. Need I go on more on their reasons why?

David is facing culture shock by coming into a whole new country, having the weight of a massive price tag, and being in between the sticks of one of the worlds biggest clubs.

Soon, once the performances start kicking in, he will start showing better aggressiveness aerially, and that command in between the sticks to marshall his backline in the box.

I am of no doubt that he will be a success within United despite his current form.

He is doing quite well in my opinion.
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaLearning Mon Jan 30, 2012 3:47 am

dnmac4 wrote:
BarcaLearning wrote:Owen.... actually is all MAn U now, used to love him, not anymore! Betrayal to Liverpool!

Well it's about time someone associated with Man U's organization stood up for him. I mean he wasn't great yesterday but neither goal was his fault.

I actually find it astonishing that anyone would even hint that he had anything to do with the second goal. I mean they must not have seen it.

I disagree. For the second goal, he should have done better... I dont know, ppl will always compare GKs at Man U with the greats like Schmichael, VDS, etc, thats my opinion, and De Gea just does not have that presence and confidents. Oppositions see it and is bullying him.
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by serieAkings Mon Jan 30, 2012 3:56 am

I don't understand all the hate on De Gea. Before watching the highlights i was reading how it was his fault for the 1st goal when in reality, i dont think superman could jump over the 8 guys in front of him to punch it out. As for the 2nd goal it was part his fault and part defense, but you can't put all the blame on him.

IDK why hes Man Utd scapegoat when all goes wrong, its gonna make him leave the club and lose a very promising goalkeeper.
serieAkings
serieAkings
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Mon Jan 30, 2012 3:57 am

I expect him to have a godly second season. SAF should have faith in him.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Mon Jan 30, 2012 4:23 am

dnmac4 wrote: all in all he's having a pretty good season
If this is his idea of "a pretty good season" id hate to see him when he's having a mare

When Fabianski was making these kinds of mistakes a few seasons ago, no-one was sticking up for him
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Valencia

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Mon Jan 30, 2012 4:28 am

Owen and speaking the truth shouldn't be in the same sentence.
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Mon Jan 30, 2012 4:51 am

Lex wrote:
dnmac4 wrote: all in all he's having a pretty good season
If this is his idea of "a pretty good season" id hate to see him when he's having a mare

When Fabianski was making these kinds of mistakes a few seasons ago, no-one was sticking up for him

This. You play for the best clubs in the world like Arsenal and United and you will get a lot of stick, especially if you are foreign. For example, David Luis was abused by the media last year and this season and Jones is a poor mans David Luiz but he gets no stick whatsoever. Foreign effect, but still...he is in one of the biggest clubs in the world, what do you expect Dnmanc? Do you want him to be bubble wrapped? probably doesnt help they have seen his GF as well...stunner!
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Mon Jan 30, 2012 5:02 am

Are you kidding? David Luiz was a God before this season started. Laughing

Criticism came this season... from your very own Gary 'Ratboy' Neville.
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum