Is DM the most crucial position in modern football ?

+4
Forza
Giggslegend
bazinga
Red Alert
8 posters

Go down

Is DM the most crucial position in modern football ? Empty Is DM the most crucial position in modern football ?

Post by Guest Mon Jan 23, 2012 5:34 am

and by DM I don't mean, necessarily a pure defensive mid like Mascherano...simply someone who knows how to win the ball back, pass it quickly, take up intelligent positions on the field to create space and time for his team-mates. I'd imagiine Barca will struggle without Busquets. I've seen our play suffering 100 times ever since Lucas injury (and then Spearing's) ...Madrid often struggle when Alonso doesn't play (well other than against Barca) ...
I also think United are a much better team when Carrick starts.

that calming influence in the middle of the park who knows when to release the ball and track runners.....god, imo, it's the most important position in influencing a team harmony, and fluidity

Back to top Go down

Is DM the most crucial position in modern football ? Empty Re: Is DM the most crucial position in modern football ?

Post by Red Alert Mon Jan 23, 2012 6:11 am

In theory, there's multiple positions which are key.

It all comes out on how the team is structured though. Our style of play was based on Leiva's ability to win the ball, and control the tempo of the game. He would dominate the midfield majority of the time, and help going forward. He's been a massive blow to us, which puts a lot of pressure on Spearing. But, Jay has done well when called upon, and should be playing there as the permanent replacement of Lucas in the future. Can see Spearing becoming a very solid player if he keeps playing like he has since Kenny has arrived.
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Is DM the most crucial position in modern football ? Empty Re: Is DM the most crucial position in modern football ?

Post by bazinga Mon Jan 23, 2012 6:17 am

Our game would be really crap without Busquets and his under appreciated work in midfield. So yes, DM is very very crucial for us.
bazinga
bazinga
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Giggslegend Mon Jan 23, 2012 6:40 am

goalkeeper is
Giggslegend
Giggslegend
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Forza Mon Jan 23, 2012 8:17 am

team game, no most important position
Forza
Forza
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Fulham

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Hades Mon Jan 23, 2012 8:43 am

i could say the same about every position tbf
Lord Hades
Lord Hades
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Mon Jan 23, 2012 9:55 am

Forza Rossoneri wrote:team game, no most important position
That.

After all, if you have a proper team, the performance can be far better than the simple sum of the players.
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : Asante Kotoko

Back to top Go down

Post by I Have Mono Mon Jan 23, 2012 9:59 am

Not DM but CM
1) CM
2) Goalie
3) ST/CF
If you have a WC player in those 3 positions you can put anyone around the and be succeesful.
Bayern for example have Schweinsteiger, Neuer, Gomez take away robben and ribery and replace them with any wingers bar someone like arshavin and you still have a good team

I Have Mono
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Mon Jan 23, 2012 10:06 am

I Have Mono wrote:Not DM but CM
1) CM
2) Goalie
3) ST/CF
If you have a WC player in those 3 positions you can put anyone around the and be succeesful.
Bayern for example have Schweinsteiger, Neuer, Gomez take away robben and ribery and replace them with any wingers bar someone like arshavin and you still have a good team
I guess you didn't watch the match BMG-Bayern on Friday. No Ribéry, no party. ^^
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by I Have Mono Mon Jan 23, 2012 10:13 am

No but didn't Kroos play as a winger haha ?

Valdes, Busquest, Messi
Casillas, Xabi, Ronaldo
Hart, Toure, Silva
Reina, Lucas, Suarez
Etc

I Have Mono
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Mon Jan 23, 2012 10:20 am

I Have Mono wrote:No but didn't Kroos play as a winger haha ?
Well, let's say it didn't really work out. Bayern suffered from a collective breakdown from Neuer gifting BMG a goal to Gomez misfiring. But Ribéry's absence was very much notable as Robben wasn't really on the pitch either (at least it looked like it).
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by chaval Tue Jan 24, 2012 6:21 am

Actually its a gk

without him there would be no goal protection Laughing
chaval
chaval
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Club Supported : Benfica

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down