elmickio
Dante
Cruijf
Forza
10 posters

Go down

Milan reject Maldini Empty Milan reject Maldini

Post by Forza Thu Jan 19, 2012 12:22 pm

Paolo Maldini has claimed that he has been repeatedly frustrated in his attempts to embark on a coaching career with AC Milan, and has now arrived at the conclusion that the club do not want him back.

Paris Saint-Germain sporting director Leonardo revealed earlier this week that he is keen for his former Rossoneri team-mate to take up a coaching role with the French club, and that the legendary Italian defender is currently thinking things over.

The news has raised the question as to why Maldini has never been taken on by Milan and the 43-year-old claims that it was not for the want of trying on his part.

"[Club president Silvio] Berlusconi had spoken clearly [about it] and even [board member] Barbara [Berlusconi] had mentioned my name but the reality is that I have not been offered anything,” Maldini told Gazzetta dello Sport.

“In these years I have asked to return before Leonardo [was coach] and then Allegri, but I always found a locked door at the club.

“Leonardo would have wanted me close to the team; I would have been useful for him in any role. For Allegri, I would be the meeting point between team and society.

“One explanation is simple - AC Milan do not want to take me back.”

When asked if he has been offered a position within coach Carlo Ancelotti's backroom team at PSG, Maldini replied: "For now, no, but this does not mean that it won’t happen.

“I met the president: there is great mutual respect with him as well as Leo and Carlo.

“PSG is a club that is restructuring. They have not won [anything] for some time in France but they want to start doing so at the highest level in Europe.

“There, everything is changing, everything.

“I know what I can give: experience, love for this sport, the desire to engage in a serious project. But I never asked anything of anybody.”

Maldini attended PSG’s victory over Toulouse last weekend but he insisted that it would be a mistake to read too much into his presence at the Parc des Princes.

"In Paris I went only to find two friends,” he explained. “Leo has been inviting me for a long time.

“We decided to surprise Ancelotti on the occasion of his first game [in charge] - even if Carlo knew everything [in the end].”

Returning to Milan’s reluctance to welcome him back into the fold, Maldini mused that it could have something to do with his propensity for straight talking.

"I'm not afraid of telling it like it is and maybe that might be the problem,” he confessed. "Down the years I've acquired an intellectual independence which I don't intend to give up."

Meanwhile, Maldini admitted that he has been really enjoying himself of late playing seven-a-side football.

"After a lifetime as a defender, I have a taste for dribbling and scoring goals!”

Maldini made league 647 appearances for Milan during his 24 years with the club as a player.
Forza
Forza
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Fulham

Back to top Go down

Milan reject Maldini Empty Re: Milan reject Maldini

Post by Cruijf Thu Jan 19, 2012 1:17 pm

Just read this now on goal.com...

I don't know what to say really. It's sad that Maldini wants to come back but isn't (in his words) being allowed to.

I won't hold it against him if he goes to PSG though.
Cruijf
Cruijf
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Dante Thu Jan 19, 2012 3:00 pm

If Maldini indeed says the truth and Milan hasn't done anything to aquire him back , then what can i say?
Our management has really fallen big time in my eyes .

Men like Maldini made Milan what it is today , how can you keep them apart ? Not to mention the benefits the club could make from him. Disrespectful and really silly , end of the line.

Although, what's bothering the most me is , Maldini repeatedly said some years back , that he won't be a coach , just because it contradicts everything he loves about the game(or something very similar..)

Perhaps he has changed his mind ?
Dante
Dante
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by elmickio Thu Jan 19, 2012 3:16 pm

That's the thing, he did say that Dante, and I feel like I'm blasphemous here but what does he expect? What's up with Milanistas speaking out these days?
I'm sure Milan would have a technical role for him

elmickio
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Dante Thu Jan 19, 2012 3:23 pm

elmickio wrote:That's the thing, he did say that Dante, and I feel like I'm blasphemous here but what does he expect? What's up with Milanistas speaking out these days?
I'm sure Milan would have a technical role for him

One's should always be free to express himself no matter where he works and what he does or says. If he contradicts rules or any other restriction , then he should face consquences. simple enough isn't it..

But i can't accept that for a fact. That Milan won't have him back , because he always talks straight and clear. No one can escape critisicm , none!

This case still has no logic , at least for my liking.
Must be something else.
Dante
Dante
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by DRK Thu Jan 19, 2012 3:56 pm

I really hope we offer him a coaching role or at least some sort of position here. I can't see Maldini at any other club
DRK
DRK
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by arabprince Thu Jan 19, 2012 5:35 pm

this is sad to hear. I'm torn really. Nothing can get me mad at Maldini though.
arabprince
arabprince
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Milantildeath Thu Jan 19, 2012 6:01 pm

wait it out and see what happens
Milantildeath
Milantildeath
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jan 19, 2012 7:22 pm

its strange to hear this news, and especially Paolo saying this but, even though Maldini has said Milan never want him back, i refuse to believe so. Lets not forget, Galliani wanted him to stay longer and convinced him to play longer for us, by extending his contract even though Maldini said at times he wanted to retire. Maybe there isnt any position available atm ...

Maldini is a good man, and I hope he can join us at some point, i dont mind him working alongside Ancelotti at PSG, but i hope he doesnt cut ties with Milan and milanistis just like Leonardo just because he had misunderstanding with board, galliani berlusconi and co. because i find it ugly for Leonardo to cut ties with Milan and us fans just because he had differences and personal feud with Silvio.

Back to top Go down

Post by pUsHa Thu Jan 19, 2012 8:46 pm

Well at least he's not going to work for Inter ... Laughing
pUsHa
pUsHa
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jan 19, 2012 9:12 pm

JespSwe wrote:its strange to hear this news, and especially Paolo saying this but, even though Maldini has said Milan never want him back, i refuse to believe so. Lets not forget, Galliani wanted him to stay longer and convinced him to play longer for us, by extending his contract even though Maldini said at times he wanted to retire. Maybe there isnt any position available atm ...

Maldini is a good man, and I hope he can join us at some point, i dont mind him working alongside Ancelotti at PSG, but i hope he doesnt cut ties with Milan and milanistis just like Leonardo just because he had misunderstanding with board, galliani berlusconi and co. because i find it ugly for Leonardo to cut ties with Milan and us fans just because he had differences and personal feud with Silvio.

Did Leo cut ties with Milan, or did Milan cut ties with Leo? I'd like think it was the latter and I think Leo would have liked to coach Milan for more than one year. Maldini seems to think the same way Leo does (not afraid to speak his mind) and I don't think Silvio can handle that. I understand how some of you felt, but I still feel like Milan gave Leo the boot and he decided to do what was best for him. Loyalty is a two way street and I don't think Milan kept their end of the bargain. If this Maldini news is true, it would make me very disappointed. Maldini is the type of player you make room for, I think he would be an asset to the team and to the players.

Back to top Go down

Post by nichabr Fri Jan 20, 2012 12:17 am

TetraHydroC 10 wrote:
JespSwe wrote:its strange to hear this news, and especially Paolo saying this but, even though Maldini has said Milan never want him back, i refuse to believe so. Lets not forget, Galliani wanted him to stay longer and convinced him to play longer for us, by extending his contract even though Maldini said at times he wanted to retire. Maybe there isnt any position available atm ...

Did Leo cut ties with Milan, or did Milan cut ties with Leo? I'd like think it was the latter and I think Leo would have liked to coach Milan for more than one year. Maldini seems to think the same way Leo does (not afraid to speak his mind) and I don't think Silvio can handle that. I understand how some of you felt, but I still feel like Milan gave Leo the boot and he decided to do what was best for him. Loyalty is a two way street and I don't think Milan kept their end of the bargain. If this Maldini news is true, it would make me very disappointed. Maldini is the type of player you make room for, I think he would be an asset to the team and to the players.

take that sig down..just can't pull away from your posts now...so freaking awesome when i saw that live.
nichabr
nichabr
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jan 20, 2012 12:45 am

You should've seen my reaction watching it live, my jaw dropped and I sat there in SHOCK (could have been 2 minutes). I don't want to derail this thread but I would love to hear your thoughts on UFC 142, feel free to drop by "The Official MMA Thread".

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Fri Jan 20, 2012 6:54 am

After all he has done o us, this is how the club repays him. I'm disgusted.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Forza Fri Jan 20, 2012 11:41 am

very sad that he's being treated like an outcast despite serving the the club for 3 decades
Forza
Forza
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Fulham

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down