mr-r34
Nishankly
Red Alert
11 posters

Go down

Bolton vs Liverpool Empty Bolton vs Liverpool

Post by Red Alert Wed Jan 18, 2012 6:32 am

At the Reebok.

We need to take advantage of their fall. 3 points please. We're playing away, so Cool
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Bolton vs Liverpool Empty Re: Bolton vs Liverpool

Post by Nishankly Wed Jan 18, 2012 9:09 am

Damn, Its against a shit side at the bottom?
Sad
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by mr-r34 Wed Jan 18, 2012 1:21 pm

Its away dont worry we got this, please no more home game
mr-r34
mr-r34
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Norwich

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Fri Jan 20, 2012 7:48 pm

Bolton are incredible 1-1-8 at home, we absolutely must win this. Drop points and I'll have to say we're not worthy of a CL place, that's how important this is.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by iftikhar Sat Jan 21, 2012 6:36 am

Haven't they just lost Cahill!!!
iftikhar
iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Sat Jan 21, 2012 7:48 am

iftikhar wrote:Haven't they just lost Cahill!!!
Aye. They have signed Tim Ream from New York Red Bulls (Henry's MLS side) on loan to replace him, but it will still leave a gap in their defense.
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Sat Jan 21, 2012 9:33 am

Doni
Johnson-Coates-Skrtel-Jose

Hendo-Aurelio
Downing-Gerrard-Bellamy
Carroll

Not much to say or analyse here except that anything other than a win would be disastrous.

We've already lost to many points where we really really shouldn't have and as impressive as our defence is, I will expect some offensive and positional improvements in our side down the final third.

Adam I don't want playing until he fixes his form which is quite poor. He is proving to be a liability in some games despite some of his other memorable performances. Kuyt I don't want anywhere near the line-up and this sentiment has been for a long time this season as he is our most ineffective player this season by a long shot.

Bellamy should be fit along with Downing rested to play on either flank (preferably right). Carroll should start as this is a small team with poor form while I prefer Aurelio to play DM despite the notion that he most probably will not play.

I expect a narrow win due to our lack of confidence in front of goal but a win is a must as cliched as this sounds.
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Fahim89 Sat Jan 21, 2012 4:38 pm

BWFC: Bogdan, Steinsson, Knight, Wheater, Ricketts, Eagles, Reo-Coker, Muamba, M Davies, Petrov, Ngog

Reina, Johnson, Agger, Skrtel, Enrique, Gerrard, Adam, Henderson, Maxi, Bellamy, Carroll
Fahim89
Fahim89
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Fahim89 Sat Jan 21, 2012 4:39 pm

BWFC Subs: Lynch, Tuncay, K Davies, Pratley, Boyata, O'Halloran, Riley

LFC Subs: Doni, Coates, Kuyt, Downing, Carragher, Shelvey, Kelly
Fahim89
Fahim89
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by donttreadonred Sat Jan 21, 2012 7:22 pm

:facepalm: Such a poor display from multiple players. There's really nothing else to say, except:

Who misses Lucas? :lucas:
donttreadonred
donttreadonred
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Sat Jan 21, 2012 7:35 pm

Bolton completely deserved this. We are not worthy of CL spot to be honest. I've given up on hoping to catch to 4th spot. Hopefully we just focus mainly on Carling Cup and FA Cup. I don't know wtf Enrique and Adam were doing today, and i don't know how Carroll is a footballer ffs.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by poolsupporter Sat Jan 21, 2012 7:39 pm

Terrible, terrible performance from the team as a whole.

I'm not calling for Kenny's head but he has to assume a good amount of the blame as well. We have NO attacking tactics. If someone can explain to me what our general tactic is going forward, I'd appreciate it.

I maintain my criticism regarding Adam. Useless player. He has had the few decent performances here and there, but on the whole he is garbage. I don't care whether his transfer price was amazing or anything else, as his performances on the whole have left a lot to be desired.

With Chelsea drawing, Newcastle losing and Arsenal facing United tomorrow, we had a good chance to make up some lost ground but we completely screwed it up yet again.

Top 4 finish looks unlikely. I'd love to remain positive about this, but the stats, performances, etc. leaves a lot to be desired.

I hope we win the CC and manage a good run in the FA Cup.
poolsupporter
poolsupporter
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Sat Jan 21, 2012 7:47 pm

BELLAMY <3
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by mr-r34 Sat Jan 21, 2012 8:08 pm

Get given top 4 chance gift, throw it away against shit team.
mr-r34
mr-r34
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Norwich

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Sat Jan 21, 2012 8:32 pm

Until this game I had true belief that we can finish in top-4.
I don't like sounding dramatic, but that belief is now gone. Too many lost and drawn games, it's not bad luck or occasional poor performances any longer. We're just not good enough, full stop.

Hopefully next season we'll be more ready and clinical.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by donttreadonred Sat Jan 21, 2012 10:54 pm

I'm still hoping. I know it's dumb, but I can still hope without a viable reason. I do honestly believe that if the under-performing members of the squad could pick it up, we could string a run of games together and potentially beat any squad in the league.

The sad truth is that the performances from several key positions have been far too inconsistent. Today, we had the "perfect storm," meaning that several repeat offenders failed to perform as well as several players that are consistently better. Enrique, Skrtel and Agger were disappointing today. Enrique was a liability at times, Skrtel went M.I.A. for stretches of the game, and Agger (though he had some good moments going forward) put out one of his weakest performances of the season. Johnson wasn't even his usual attacking threat. He made forward ventures, but seemed confused and disoriented in attack.

Granted, the back four had no cover from midfield. Adam was poor, there's no two ways about it. He was obviously in the deeper role in midfield. From his performance today, one could assume that he was a championship striker plugged into this role. He couldn't tackle, he couldn't pass and... actually, a Championship striker might be able to finish a little better. :facepalm:

Gerrard and Henderson were two that put forth lukewarm showings. Henderson played on the right for the majority of the game, and seemed caught between performing his role and covering for Johnson's ineffectual forward runs. Similarly, Gerrard looked to be caught between supplying Bellamy and Carroll and covering for Adam's defensive frailty.

The scariest part of today's performance, was that even Suarez would not have helped. I thought the forwards performed fairly well. Was it a dominant or stellar performance? Absolutely not. But, it was one of the brighter lights of the evening. Carroll's target-man performance was quite decent. He held up play and flicked balls for Bellamy to run onto with surprising accuracy. Bellamy was a live wire and performed well in testing the backline of the Bolton defense. Don't get me wrong. I'm not relieving them from blame, but I don't think they were the root of the problem today.

What is most depressing about this loss is the opportunity lost. This weekend was a golden opportunity to begin a run at a top four place. Newcastle had already lost, Chelsea had drawn, and Arsenal, Man City, Man United and Tottenham face each other tomorrow.We will not get a better opportunity to make up ground. And to think that this opportunity was lost at the hands of a squad that was in the bottom three.

The last time I was this depressed over a loss was the loss to Wolves at Anfield in December 2010. Please don't misunderstand me; we are much better off than at that point in time. However, it was a similar letdown and realization of just how big a hill still lies ahead of us. At that point, it can be argued that we were hitting rock bottom after Hicks and Gillet and the Hodgson era. Now we are unmistakably on the rebound from that point, but this loss made it clear just how far we have left to climb to reach the point we all want to be at.

Just remember; this is still Liverpool FC.
Bolton vs Liverpool 230px-Shankly_Gates
donttreadonred
donttreadonred
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Sun Jan 22, 2012 2:04 am

I have to disagree with you there donttreadonred with Aggers performance. He was actually one of the very few along with Gerrard, Hendo, and Bellers that played well. Johnson, Skrtel, and especially Enrique were not playing to their usual standards and made Agger look bad. He actually played with heart and determination like every other game. But of course it's impossible to win with only 4 players performing on a given night.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Sun Jan 22, 2012 4:38 am

Only player that played for the shirt was Bellers yesterday.
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Sun Jan 22, 2012 11:14 am

Its simple, if we continue to play the *bleep* 4-4-2 and don't bench off form players, then we will suffer.

Adam should be benched as his form in the last 10 games has been absolute ineffectual. Henderson FOR THE LAST TIME cannot be played on the right! And why oh why do we not play ANY defensive cover in the mid? If not Aurelio who is a stable option and if not that? Why not try Carra or at least Kelly?!

Why is Johnson playing considering his defence has been inconsistent and has been offering NOTHING in attack.

We need a DM as without that, Gerrard will be torn between what his roles are and Adam will continue to be the worst defensive cover since Bonera.

Kenny is a damn world class manager and we cannot doubt his abilities. But his decisions must be questioned along with how he has not learned from these recent mistakes.

The blame lies more on the players who were disgraceful yesterday aside from maybe Gerrard and of course, the Shankly player that is Bellamy.

Kenny for the first time this season gave the players a piece of his mind in the press and I am 100% confident he will make a turnaround to the team and erase all doubts on this squad once again.

and dontreadonared, SUPERB posts as usual as you have been impressing us all more and more with your level-headed posts.

You'll Never Walk Alone! Keep the Faith.
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jan 22, 2012 11:32 am

I wanna go and absolutely piss on Charlie Adam.

He's been utterly atrocious for 2 months now.....cost us sooo many points.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum