halamadrid2
fatman123
S
Vibe
Lex
22 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

David Silva's "Improved" Contract - Page 2 Empty Re: David Silva's "Improved" Contract

Post by Iceman Fri Jan 13, 2012 8:57 pm

According to others, he isn't. What's your point?

Edit : In before the "Arsenal fans hate on City because they bought a few players from them" BS

Iceman
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

David Silva's "Improved" Contract - Page 2 Empty Re: David Silva's "Improved" Contract

Post by halamadrid2 Fri Jan 13, 2012 9:08 pm

no iceman your doing it wrong

Edit: in before the "Arsenal fans hate on City because they can buy trophies" BS
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by chemicalboy99 Sat Jan 14, 2012 1:37 am

The Sun newspaper :facepalm:

Oh dear.

chemicalboy99
chemicalboy99
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by arabprince Sat Jan 14, 2012 1:39 am

Are we all talking about the same David Silva? Last I checked he was pretty integral to the team.
arabprince
arabprince
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by FennecFox7 Sat Jan 14, 2012 1:50 am

The sun....
FennecFox7
FennecFox7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Iceman Sat Jan 14, 2012 1:59 am

arabprince wrote:Are we all talking about the same David Silva? Last I checked he was pretty integral to the team.

Yes, definitely integral. He is one of their most important players and has the ability to make them click at times. He is a great player, and I fully comprehend and accept that, but some are saying he's the best in the EPL...All I'm saying is that Nasri had a fantastic spell as well and now you see him making the City bench, if he's lucky. I just don't want to judge him too soon.
Iceman
Iceman
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Highburied Sat Jan 14, 2012 2:03 am

Congratz to Mr. Silva and some midclass employees for improvement on their contract.

Midclass employees are celebrating the 0.0002% raise.

Highburied
Highburied
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Highburied Sat Jan 14, 2012 2:05 am

Congratz to Mr. Silva and some midclass employees for improvement on their contract.

Midclass employees are celebrating the 0.0002% raise.

Those who say he deserved it are real morons and just d*ck lickers.

I will never be sold to supporting these kind of paychecks.
Highburied
Highburied
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by S Sat Jan 14, 2012 4:41 am

Finally, I have to agree with Lex. I understand that by "City standards", the pay-raise is justified and all...but looking at the bigger picture, is this really what we want football to be like? Average/Above-average players (A la Milner and Barry, for example) getting paid huge loads of money and so the really talented ones, such as Silva, need to be paid even more than that? I'm sorry, but the wages in football right now are already insane, and with the way things are going, it doesn't look like they're going to get any lower. I mean, Arsenal's wage-structure is apparently a problem because other clubs are offering heaps more than us, but I don't see how players deserve more than 100k per week. This is a crazy amount of money that we're talking about here, and I really don't want to see the natural trend be for players to demand 300k or something.

I will never be sold to supporting these kind of paychecks

Hold on a minute here.

I think City are simply rewarding their player for playing a pivotal role for City's really good season so far not that everyone agree that Silva should be offered an improved contract over his already lucrative contract.

That is City's way of doing it and saying things like d*ck lickers is completely ignorant as most of them agree here that this could creep insecurity in such a team's dressing room and could possibly prove detrimental to football in the future.

All in all they are just securing their star player for the long term future as City have realized that Silva is a central part of the coach's plans and also thereby warding off interest from a Real Madrid or Barca.I mean Silva himself is committed to City's future and giving an improved contract would simply give a total assurance from his side again 'not that i agree with'.

Yep its tight between Silva and Kompany as to who is more important to the team but City lack creativity and often run out of ideas in without Silva so i'd say Silva imo.

S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Adit Sat Jan 14, 2012 6:32 am

Arsenal fans are just jelly... they got no money for RVP pay rise
Adit
Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Borussia Mönchengladbach

http://www.realmadridfootballblog.com

Back to top Go down

Post by chemicalboy99 Sat Jan 14, 2012 12:02 pm

Adit wrote:Arsenal fans are just jelly... they got no money for RVP pay rise

Yeah but if he stays then they'll build him a statue so it's a dilema.
chemicalboy99
chemicalboy99
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Sat Jan 14, 2012 12:13 pm

It's a bit of a weird time to give him a pay rise, he's still got 2.5 years left of his contract, so no urgent need to keep him super-happy in fear of him walking away.

Anyway, not a big deal in the big picture.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Sat Jan 14, 2012 12:17 pm

why a pay rise and not bonus???

do City not know what that is???
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Iceman Sat Jan 14, 2012 1:59 pm

Surag.Blueguy wrote:
Finally, I have to agree with Lex. I understand that by "City standards", the pay-raise is justified and all...but looking at the bigger picture, is this really what we want football to be like? Average/Above-average players (A la Milner and Barry, for example) getting paid huge loads of money and so the really talented ones, such as Silva, need to be paid even more than that? I'm sorry, but the wages in football right now are already insane, and with the way things are going, it doesn't look like they're going to get any lower. I mean, Arsenal's wage-structure is apparently a problem because other clubs are offering heaps more than us, but I don't see how players deserve more than 100k per week. This is a crazy amount of money that we're talking about here, and I really don't want to see the natural trend be for players to demand 300k or something.

I will never be sold to supporting these kind of paychecks

Hold on a minute here.

I think City are simply rewarding their player for playing a pivotal role for City's really good season so far not that everyone agree that Silva should be offered an improved contract over his already lucrative contract.

That is City's way of doing it and saying things like d*ck lickers is completely ignorant as most of them agree here that this could creep insecurity in such a team's dressing room and could possibly prove detrimental to football in the future.

All in all they are just securing their star player for the long term future as City have realized that Silva is a central part of the coach's plans and also thereby warding off interest from a Real Madrid or Barca.I mean Silva himself is committed to City's future and giving an improved contract would simply give a total assurance from his side again 'not that i agree with'.

Yep its tight between Silva and Kompany as to who is more important to the team but City lack creativity and often run out of ideas in without Silva so i'd say Silva imo.

But without Kompany they look completely clueless defensively at times and will most likely concede more than they can score. That's why it's hard to choose between the two in terms of importance, but when you also take in the fact that Kompany is their captain, motivator and inspiration on the pitch, his role becomes a bit more important. Just saying, it's a bit hard.

I understand that City are trying to reward him for that, but I'm just wondering...if you want to secure a player for the future, shouldn't you sing a contract extension with him? What good with 50k more do? As I said, unless he was unsettled by the fact that some players earn more (Which is something that none of us would know, unfortunately), then giving him a pay raise without any kind of contract extension wouldn't make a difference, especially since he is not leaving any times soon.

I understand the need to reward some players....but after half a season, and when they're already making heaps of money to begin with? I'm just saying that I don't really endorse such an action simply because football is becoming too much about money now, and they just keep on throwing more and more of it on the players.
Iceman
Iceman
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2